Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

I'd say the kneeling is counter-productive to the players cause. "We want everyone to love blacks. Therefore, we'll do something that everyone finds despicable!"

Ah, good plan.

OK

You think the people have stopped watching because Trump riled us up? Far from it. It's the player's actions that have riled up the people who love this country and respect it.

Typical liberal mentality; demand no personal responsibility unless it fits your political agenda.

Good thing Don came around to convince seemingly everyone to start protesting. Heckuva job. :doh:

Good thing Don came around to convince seemingly everyone to start protesting. Heckuva job. :doh:

I stopped watching when I heard Jags/Ravens sat/knelt for our Anthem then stood for English tribute. I think that was same weekend the Steelers stayed in the locker room except that one guy.

Actually not that many players are doing it. Apparently not all of them want to cut off their noses to spite their face. I guess those ones like being millionaires and realize those protesting are killing the golden goose.

Last year, the NFL lost about a million regular-season viewers versus the 2013 and 2014 seasons. It represented about a 6% fall-off ― enough to be easily noticed and maybe even cause a little concern, but it could be written off as a one-year blip.

Last year's seepage has turned into a major break in the dam. The league is now down about three million viewers per game from 2013 and 2014. When the specific teams appearing, the scope of the telecast and the week of the season are taken into account, the decline is even more dramatic: more than four million viewers, or in excess of 20%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briangoff/2017/10/23/nfl-losing-viewers-at-alarming-rate-but-faces-limits-on-its-response/#2c29c8944212

Last year, the NFL lost about a million regular-season viewers versus the 2013 and 2014 seasons. It represented about a 6% fall-off ― enough to be easily noticed and maybe even cause a little concern, but it could be written off as a one-year blip.

Last year's seepage has turned into a major break in the dam. The league is now down about three million viewers per game from 2013 and 2014. When the specific teams appearing, the scope of the telecast and the week of the season are taken into account, the decline is even more dramatic: more than four million viewers, or in excess of 20%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briangoff/2017/10/23/nfl-losing-viewers-at-alarming-rate-but-faces-limits-on-its-response/#2c29c8944212

Yes, the NFL blows right now. There are no good games.

Major changes are needed

Yes, the NFL blows right now. There are no good games.

Major changes are needed

It's only going to get worse.

the less kids that play when they are young, the less good talent

College isn't that good right now either.

It's only going to get worse.

the less kids that play when they are young, the less good talent

College isn't that good right now either.

Agreed. It is kind of a struggling sport right now. Not sure what can be done either. Too many injuries poor matchups, little team loyalty. But I will enjoy it while i can..However the Lions are doing lion things again so the interest is waning

Agreed. It is kind of a struggling sport right now. Not sure what can be done either. Too many injuries poor matchups, little team loyalty. But I will enjoy it while i can..However the Lions are doing lion things again so the interest is waning

The injuries are crazy.

and it seems as if every injury is a see you next year thing.

concussions are a killer too. Taking a guy out of the game after a concussion doesn't help

The injuries are crazy.

and it seems as if every injury is a see you next year thing.

concussions are a killer too. Taking a guy out of the game after a concussion doesn't help

The only recent good thing is the NFL allowing some TD celebrations. Some of those are pretty creative

The only recent good thing is the NFL allowing some TD celebrations. Some of those are pretty creative

the bench press one with the steelers was terrible.

was copied from a college team

Well, the top 10 rated individual shows of the fall are all NFL games, and the top three rated shows this fall in aggregate are Sunday Night football, Thursday Night Football on NBC and Thursday Night Football on CBS.

Ad rates for NFL games are up 2 percent.

Someone is still watching.

:doh:

Scalding hot take!

Well, the top 10 rated individual shows of the fall are all NFL games, and the top three rated shows this fall in aggregate are Sunday Night football, Thursday Night Football on NBC and Thursday Night Football on CBS.

Ad rates for NFL games are up 2 percent.

It's trending one way and the owners are worried.

Many have mentioned issues with the youth game, less participants yadda yadda. There are obviously long term issues here.

It's trending one way and the owners are worried.

Many have mentioned issues with the youth game, less participants yadda yadda. There are obviously long term issues here.

before 2040 there will be no more NFL

the bench press one with the steelers was terrible.

was copied from a college

Yeah..took too long. I liked the one where the QB threw to the WR like a pitcher to a batter and he hit the batter and he rushed the mound. Cant remember the teams but that was funny

Just feels so forced now.

The No Fun League ruined TD celebrations

Yeah..took too long. I liked the one where the QB threw to the WR like a pitcher to a batter and he hit the batter and he rushed the mound. Cant remember the teams but that was funny

Funniest part of that clip is the 9ers tackling and overall defense

I bet the hardest part of pretending you're boycotting the NFL is after a great game, not being able to discuss what you just saw.

Can't be harder than pretending not to be Newbiejr

• Like 1

I bet the hardest part of pretending you're boycotting the NFL is after a great game, not being able to discuss what you just saw.

Kind of like eating a$$, coming across some peanuts and not being able to ask him/her to get salted next time.

Well your links are saying the same thing, kind of over and over again. I think we have all come to the conclusion that the ratings are down.

We have moved beyond that to asking what can be done?

I think we have all come to the conclusion that the ratings are down.

where are we on global warming?

Well your links are saying the same thing, kind of over and over again. I think we have all come to the conclusion that the ratings are down.

these idiots want you to believe it's because the league didn't know how to keep their negros in line

Who cares?

The game sucks

The players suck

The owners suck

these idiots want you to believe it's because the league didn't know how to keep their negros in line

guess you're looking to get banned again. :overhead:

Who cares?

The game sucks

The players suck

The owners suck

who cares? You post daily updates on the ratings. You're obsessed with it. Who cares? Lol I can certainly name one loser.

Who cares?

The game sucks

The players suck

The owners suck

If you don't care, why do you keep posting links???

I don't care about the WNBA...so I will never ever post a link related to the WNBA

If you don't care, why do you keep posting links???

I don't care about the WNBA...so I will never ever post a link related to the WNBA

and baker boy gets owned again

So ESPN lost 15,000 subscribers per day in Oct. They may no longer be able to afford NFL much longer and layoffs are pending. That's what happens when you try to be political where there should be no politics

http://tribunist.com/news/espn-lost-15000-subscribers-per-day-in-october-may-not-be-able-to-afford-nfl-much-longer-layoffs-pending/?utm_source=ITA

Papa Johns is focking disgusting...and it sure as sh!t isn't pizza. The fewer people eating that slop the better

yep got it once years ago. Never again.

Papa Johns is focking disgusting...and it sure as sh!t isn't pizza. The fewer people eating that slop the better

I don't disagree with that. Doesn't change the fact that their sales are down and they attribute that to the NFL protests.

I don't disagree with that. Doesn't change the fact that their sales are down and they attribute that to the NFL protests.

Misguided souls, merely a coincidence.