More!

Great! 5% More!

Good!

More!

More!

Less???

WTF? Less??

How come we got less?

Answer: You peaked. You can't always get MORE. MORE isn't always better you stupid, greedy focks.

• Like 2

The product has gone through a substantial change.

There are a variety of factors associated with that change that have diminished the product. To include, but not limited to, penalizing celebrations, penalizing legit contact to the QB, penalizing the slightest touch by a DB to a WR a foul, the complexity of the rules and their subjectivity makes one want to turn the channel in frustration and disgust.

penalizing the slightest touch by a DB to a WR a foul,

THIS has made the NFL unwatchable. it's a joke.

It's like the NFL had a secret meeting and decided to call PI to the letter of the law and didn't tell anyone.

LET THEM FOCKING PLAY! :wall:

The amount of downtime is what's killing it imo. 90 minutes of commercials in a 180 minute broadcast is just unwatchable. The only games I watch live are Broncos games and the occasional Bears game if my wife is interested. Other than that, it's redzone.

• Like 1

MNF last night was the lowest ratings since ESPN got the package. There's something happening here.....

but what it is ain't exactly clear.

but what it is ain't exactly clear.

There's a man with a gun over there.....

I think some of the blame lies in lead ins that include divisive unpopular focks like Moss, Irvin, Deon, etc.

I know Ive stopped watching pregames that feature guys like that. Doubt Im alone.

Commercials and penalties kill flow of game,

Pussification takes away from the excitement of a big hit

Drugs and wife beaters

Over half the league has a losing record

No stars always injured

Game sux

Drop the mic.....

• Like 1

Saw a stat that showed this is happening across the board and not just NFL. It's happening to non sports channels at around the same exact rate. It appears to be cord cutters.

BOSTON (CBS) — The NFL’s ratings decline is no joke. The league has a serious viewership problem on its hands.

Ratings dipped dramatically in Week 9 when compared to last year, with the prime-time Broncos-Raiders Sunday Night Football matchup dropping 20 percent, as reported by Austin Karp of Sports Business Daily.

Commercials and penalties kill flow of game,

Pussification takes away from the excitement of a big hit

Drugs and wife beaters

Over half the league has a losing record

No stars always injured

Game sux

Drop the mic.....

How do you turn the mic on? I don't think mine works half the time.

Saw a stat that showed this is happening across the board and not just NFL. It's happening to non sports channels at around the same exact rate. It appears to be cord cutters.

no question, it's part of it.

then add in the weak product and controversies and it's no surprise.

NFL ratings, even in decline, are still huge numbers that most programs would love to have.

people pay $200 a month for cable/internet.

let that sink in.

that's like 1/10 of what some people make a month :o

outfockingrageous!

If it's all cable cutting, why are baseballs ratings up?

Does anyone really want to watch someone who makes $20 million a year complain about being hit while he is playing football?

The game sucks and the players are a bunch of intolerable A-holes. The announcers, play by play, hosts, etc. are a bunch of brain dead talking heads.

• Like 1

After another down week in Week 9, Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported that 26 of 27 2016 primetime games have seen a decrease from 2015.

0-9 Browns on TNF is stupid. Even if it has Balt/Cle history.

WTF is watching except FF fans.

0-9 Browns on TNF is stupid. Even if it has Balt/Cle history.

WTF is watching except FF fans.

I watched literally seven seconds of it.

I turned on the game, Baltimore punted down to the 3-5 yard line. They had a gunner down there, but he was looking the wrong way/was out of position. The ball bounced into the endzone for a touchback.

I turned that sh!t off immediately.

I used to watch for fantasy reasons no matter what game was on prime time. I simply don't care anymore, box scores or live Twitter updates suffice quite nicely.

• Like 1

I used to watch for fantasy reasons no matter what game was on prime time. I simply don't care anymore, box scores or live Twitter updates suffice quite nicely.

:thumbsup:

back when fantasy started for me, it was okay to only watch a couple games a day and have to wait till Monday morning to check the paper and do the scores by hand

How do you turn the mic on? I don't think mine works half the time.

Well if you'd stop dropping the damn thing all the time!

This is me and a lot of the guys I know. There might be more people in fantasy leagues these days, but for a lot of the long-time hard-core guys I think it has kinda jumped the shark. I watch the Patriots every week, and will watch a good matchup, but I wont' watch a game to watch my guys or looking for fantasy pick ups anymore.

Very true...I watched a thursday night hockey game instead that wasn't even a great game.

Redzone on Sundays unless the Packers are playing...just so few good matchups lately too. Ill probably watch Seattle and NE though.

I think the NFL, besides what they put on the field being junk, just forgot who thier fans were. In their attempt to please everyone, they please no one, especialy the hard core fans. Hey NFL, my wife and my daughter will show interest in the NFL if I do. If I don't, they won't . It's just the way it is. Keep me happy, and they will follow. Piss me off, and we're watching or doing something else.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday that he believed president-elect Donald Trump's statements about women would make it more difficult for the league to reduce domestic violence incidents.

I wonder if Bill Clinton's sex with interns in the oval office is behind the entire NFL domestic violence problem. Look how the incidences have exploded since that happened.

NEW YORK -- The first Sunday night after the election produced the highest NFL ratings since Week 2, with an average of 22.51 million viewers tuning in for Seattle's 31-24 victory over New England.

Since Election Day, NFL viewership has gone up an average of 15%.

Viewership is still down 10% across the board for the league, so the election wasn't the only reason the numbers took a hit this season and the lack of the election now is not the only reason the numbers are currently seeing a lift.

Since Election Day, NFL viewership has gone up an average of 15%.

Viewership is still down 10% across the board for the league, so the election wasn't the only reason the numbers took a hit this season and the lack of the election now is not the only reason the numbers are currently seeing a lift.

Not standing for the anthem was/is a big part of it.
  • Like 1

Not standing for the anthem was/is a big part of it.

That and like it or not, people associate that with the 'peaceful protesting' where looting/violence prevail for every black that gets shot by police (and now citizens). It has been argued that that helped Trump get elected as well. It seems as if there's a number of people that are saying enough is enough.

I wonder if the NBA has seen a decline and since MLB saw an increase, I wonder if Golf ratings are up as well.

If it's all cable cutting, why are baseballs ratings up?

white folks

The ESPN Monday Night Football package hit the lowest ratings in nearly a decade and narrowly avoided becoming the worst rated package of games in over forty years of Monday Night Football.

The ESPN Monday Night Football package hit the lowest ratings in nearly a decade and narrowly avoided becoming the worst rated package of games in over forty years of Monday Night Football.

IMO, ESPN is the problem. 5 hours of pregame and hype. Used to be just another show on Monday night.

It was just one game?

That being said, I think everyone needs to chill out. Cable is losing viewers, not the NFL. Big difference.

KC Pitt had a big number too. Guaranteed the NFL starts putting Sunday playoff games in prime time from now on.

KC Pitt had a big number too. Guaranteed the NFL starts putting Sunday playoff games in prime time from now on.

I don't think they are concerned about it at all. These days they probably make more off AdSense than cable viewers anyhow.

I think all the people cutting the cable is a big factor. This year has been huge as far as the amount of people doing that. NFL needs to get it figured out soon.

I honestly haven't looked but didn't ratings kind of bounce back after the election was over?

I honestly haven't looked but didn't ratings kind of bounce back after the election was over?

Too bad there isn't a thread that contained this information.