Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

Death of NFL inevitable as middle class abandons the game

All you have to do is go out to a youth football field, as I did on Sunday morning, and talk to parents and coaches.

"Just four years ago, we had so many boys signing up for football, we had five teams at this fourth-grade level," says John Herrera, a dad, software engineer and football coach of the Wheaton Rams in the Bill George Youth Football League in the western suburbs of Chicago.

"And from five teams of fourth-graders four years ago, what do we have now? One team. Just one."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-football-concussions-youth-kass-met-0906-20170905-column.html

• Like 1

I know of two guys who turned it off when they saw Marcus Peters sitting for the NA

I'm guessing kicking off 20 minutes late so Marky Mark could give the Patriots a verbal blowjob didn't help.

This has some validity.

I actually turned at that point to a 30 for 30 on ESPN and missed the kickoff. The one about the Orlando Magic.

I'm guessing kicking off 20 minutes late so Marky Mark could give the Patriots a verbal blowjob didn't help.

Surprised they didn't have a giant inflatable Brady pen1s to go with the Lombardi trophies.

Surprised they didn't have a giant inflatable Brady pen1s to go with the Lombardi trophies.

They were probably afraid Goodell would start squeezing it to make sure it was properly inflated.

They were probably afraid Goodell would start squeezing it to make sure it was properly inflated.

Goodell often delegates taskx but squeezing Tom Brady's balls is something he would have a personal interest in doing himself.

Ratings down from last year. It's not the election so it must be the NAACP boycott.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/

TV viewers will steadily continue to go down for EVERYTHING. Not just football. This doesn't mean the brand isn'y absorbed just as much annually as it has been, if anything the brand has gotten bigger. There are just many more avenues to get your NFL fix than there was just a decade ago. If you add in NFL branded YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, Reddit posts, online articles, etcetera.. the viewers have gone up each and every year. The only people this sucks for is the cable companies and fock them anyways. Twitter started showing live games and it won't be long before you can get the NFL Sunday Package on Netflix or Hulu or any other streaming service. A lot of the bigger companies probably foresee this and that is the reason there was such a push against Net Neutrality.

TV viewers will steadily continue to go down for EVERYTHING. Not just football. This doesn't mean the brand isn'y absorbed just as much annually as it has been, if anything the brand has gotten bigger. There are just many more avenues to get your NFL fix than there was just a decade ago. If you add in NFL branded YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, Reddit posts, online articles, etcetera.. the viewers have gone up each and every year. The only people this sucks for is the cable companies and fock them anyways. Twitter started showing live games and it won't be long before you can get the NFL Sunday Package on Netflix or Hulu or any other streaming service. A lot of the bigger companies probably foresee this and that is the reason there was such a push against Net Neutrality.

Ratings are down for streaming too.

I think the biggest issue is the NFL is in your face 24/7, make me miss you a bit

Correct! Too many games and too much opinionated cheesy coverage.

I remember being psyched when the NFL network was launched. Ugh. And that fantasy show with all the hipster douches? Horrible. And please, no more Heath Evans, the very definition of meathead. I barely watch it anymore.

The NFL's ratings took a hit in its season-opening week, and a new study about the online viewing habits of young men seems to portend a growing gap in the audience for traditional sports.

The survey, conducted by Limelight Networks, shows that men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

eSports — basically video-game competitions — came in second only to movie watching among the demographic's most popular modes of online video consumption. It beat TV shows, news, and traditional sports.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ratings-drop-study-young-men-watch-esports-more-than-traditional-sports-2017-9

People are boycotting the NFL, to protest the naacp's boycott of the NFL? :wacko:

Both sides are fed up with the other.

The POS scum side is angry that Colin Kaepernick is unemployed and is protesting that. Meanwhile, decent people are angry the Kaepernick cancer has infected other athletes (thankfully no Lions).

Both sides are fed up with the other.

The POS scum side is angry that Colin Kaepernick is unemployed and is protesting that. Meanwhile, decent people are angry the Kaepernick cancer has infected other athletes (thankfully no Lions).

Did you recently get banned from attending Lions games?

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/lions-fan-responds-to-racist-viral-photo

The NFL's ratings took a hit in its season-opening week, and a new study about the online viewing habits of young men seems to portend a growing gap in the audience for traditional sports.

The survey, conducted by Limelight Networks, shows that men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

eSports basically video-game competitions came in second only to movie watching among the demographic's most popular modes of online video consumption. It beat TV shows, news, and traditional sports.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ratings-drop-study-young-men-watch-esports-more-than-traditional-sports-2017-9

While that may be true and I think it is (the latter) trust me it is nearly impossible to know how big your brand is online. Yes you can get about 80% of it but there are many things you can't track like you can if someone is or isn't watching your TV program.

Disc Golf to Reach Record TV Audience

For the second consecutive year, disc golf action will be kicking off the 20-show Beach Sports Network broadcast season. DiscGolfPlanet.tv, in cooperation with the Professional Disc Golf Association and Innova Champion Discs, is pleased to announce that the 2014 National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships will be distributed to 24 regional sports networks and will reach an estimated 93 million households. This is an approximately 14% increase from last year's 82.2 million households reached and represents the largest TV audience distribution in the history of the sport of disc golf.

Well since I can't watch tonight's game unless I find some crappy illegal stream...wtf do they expect?

Football is a MANS game. Violence, punishment, hitting, grinding, toughness.

We raise fuckin puzzies for kids now. They'd rather basement jerkoff to COD online with their 18 yo friends than sock some motherfucker from the west side on Friday night on the football field.

Football is a MANS game. Violence, punishment, hitting, grinding, toughness.

We raise fuckin puzzies for kids now. They'd rather basement jerkoff to COD online with their 18 yo friends than sock some motherfucker from the west side on Friday night on the football field.

It's not that.

Everything is a bell curve. Football peaked 10 years ago. It's on the back nine, putting on the 11 green.

Fantasy Football is on hole 14. It's pretty much MySpace. Grandma has an account.

• Like 1

Well since I can't watch tonight's game unless I find some crappy illegal stream...wtf do they expect?

You're missing nothing...these teams suck.

You're missing nothing...these teams suck.

This is some really bad football, wow.

So many NFL coaches over think it. So many RBBC. Someone is always better. Figure it the fock out and play him the most.

t first year since forever I'm not playing fantasy football.

Same here. I have played FF every year since 1994 so almost 25 years. The guys in my league lost interest. I was going to look into getting into an online Yahoo Pro Money league but with Irene coming I just lost interest. Still will watch the the Steelers when I can.

I am sure last night's well played offensive juggernaut display helped ratings immensely

Great job NFL.

Could we have games on Friday and Saturday night too please?

Ten years ago I played FF, had Skins season tickets and watched 3 games on a Sunday when they were on the road. I am now 3 years out of FF (the league dissolved), 6 years out of season tickets and play baseball on Sundays. Of course I watch the Skins when I can, and will get more into the 2nd half of the season. Sunday is not an NFL priority anymore. Yes, much of it has to do with the Skins in general. My son is a Ravens fan and I can't blame him.

Haven't looked...wondering what ratings red zone does.

If the packers aren't in...I'm typically watching redshirt be rather than another game in its own.

Haven't looked...wondering what ratings red zone does.

If the packers aren't in...I'm typically watching redshirt be rather than another game in its own.

Red Zone isn't on Thursday nights.

Down 30% last week from last year's 1st game

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Red Zone isn't on Thursday nights.

Down 30% last week from last year's 1st game

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL

Oh obviously red zone isn't going to affect the Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night games.

These teams are not ready to play! The CBA has limits on practice so things are not going to change. Did you know The CBA dictates that teams can only practice in pads 14 times a season, and it shows. When play improves so will viewership just like last year but the overall downward trend will continue as people find better things to do.

list of those who have participated in a national anthem protest thus far. This includes preseason and regular season games, both this season and last.

San Francisco Forty Niners: Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid, and 10 other teammates

Cleveland Browns: Jabrill Peppers, Seth DeValve, Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey, Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson, Terrance Magee, Kenny Britt, Ricardo Louis, Calvin Pryor, DeShone Kizer, Shon Coleman, Britton Colquitt, Jason McCourty and Marcus Martin

Oakland Raiders: Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks: Michael Bennett, Justin Britt, and Cliff Avril

Denver Broncos: Brandon Marshall

Miami Dolphins: Kenny Stills, Michael Thomas, Arian Foster, and Jelani Jenkins

Green Bay Packers: Martellus Bennet

Kansas City Chiefs: Marcus Peters

New England Patriots: Devin McCourty

Los Angeles Rams: Robert Quinn

Philadelphia Eagles: Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Long, and Rodney McLeod

Same here. I have played FF every year since 1994 so almost 25 years. The guys in my league lost interest. I was going to look into getting into an online Yahoo Pro Money league but with Irene coming I just lost interest. Still will watch the the Steelers when I can.

Its sad. Our first league... i was in high school... im 50 now. The rules were so crazy. Draft 2 of each... no waivers. Every 4 weeks supplemental draft. If both guys hurt.. was an empty slot till sup draft. So many evolutions of rules and scoring. League core of 7 stayed together since this past year. Entry fee never changed... 25 dollars lol. We used to have a golf day.. 18 holes then draft in clubhouse... then scramble another 9. Those were the days.

Getting old sucks