Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Is OBJ a bust if he no-shows this weekend?

You personally? You aren't an NFL player. So telling us what you would do in that situation is pointless because you are just making it up. You have no clue how you would react. If you honestly believe you know how you would react then you are fooling yourself also.

Lol then why'd you ask me the question? I know I'm not an NFL player, I said that in my post. I did wrestle through college though, a sport that is essentially already fighting, and despite wrestling my fair share of dirty guys never took a swing at anyone.

But back to the NFL. If you watched the game, or the many highlight shows the next week, I don't really remember anyone saying "well anyone would've reacted that way." Most people were appalled. Again, I'm sure there are guys that would have continued to shove and probably a few more that would throw some punches. But to use yourself with a helmet on as a human missle against a guy that wasn't even looking? I think it's pretty safe to say that it's unlikely that anyone else would have done that.

Again, I think Beckham learned from last year and I don't expect to see any of that from him this year. Norman maybe, since it worked last year. But I'm sure the refs will be looking for it and he'll probably get flagged quicker.

• Like 1

It's funny how folks treat/judge guys they don't like...especially rich folks and/or athletes.

Clearly, Odell is not without fault as most folks don't always love the young peacock type, but this is about stats and fantasy points. There's no bonuses or demerits depending on whether you 'like' a player or not.

As for that...

He's well-targeted and talented with a qb who is willing to give him 'chances to make plays'. That will yield stats and a super safe floor weekly. He's had a little too much drop fever for a player of his ilk but the 7+ tds are likely coming unless this is his Mike Evans year.

And Cruz and Shep only stand to help him get better looks from defenses as the season goes on.

Aka I'm still in on Obj. Antonio Brown is #1 in a walk, but planet earth knew that already.

Obj will likely still land in that 2-6 range pending health and recovery from TD dropitis. I'd take him over Julio and Green somewhat easily.

Folks know and accept Green having tight end valleys and 180 yard peaks from week to week, but can't imagine the horror of him dropping a 2 for 20 in week 15.

Julio is limpin already with a tougher schedule than last year. His targets are down as well. But folks don't hate him the same way so the 'eff Julio if he's not an auto win for me this week' threads don't exist. And this is a dude who is about to gtd folks on a Monday night in week 3.

Obj might be JAG now that the Giants have other guys to throw to. Out scored by rookie Shepard every week so far?

I wouldn't drop him just yet.

Is too early to say a bust. Can easily go on a run and be tops as a wr.

This all stated.

I have him, and if I have a viable alternative next week. ODB maybe sitting on my bench.

Doesn't help when you have sh*t for brains Eli throwing the football. What a terrible throw in the end zone to their 5th/6th option in their passing game. Such a dumbass.

Doesn't help when you have sh*t for brains Eli throwing the football. What a terrible throw in the end zone to their 5th/6th option in their passing game. Such a dumbass.

I think almost any other QB in the league would run this offense better. If his name wasn't Manning he would be holding a clipboard by now.

I wouldn't drop him just yet.

Is too early to say a bust. Can easily go on a run and be tops as a wr.

This all stated.

I have him, and if I have a viable alternative next week. ODB maybe sitting on my bench.

He's averaging over 90 yards a game. I doubt many people have 2-3 other WRs better than him.

Man, I didn't realize it would go even more downhill from when I posted the thread. OBJ submarined me in 3 different leagues. I'm cursed this season.

He still has value at this point. Aka If you're out, get out now.

Of course, Julio had 10 total catches after 3 games. Then yesterday's 12-catch 300-yard ha-HA game happened. So there's your cautionary tale about getting out too early and having it turn around on you in ugly fashion immediately.

But odb has the 'dude who acts a fool' camera following him around already so I can see if someone is scurred. Depending on how you drafted around him, maybe you have other options to roll with while upgrading at rb or something.

Of course, Julio had 10 total catches after 3 games. Then yesterday's 12-catch 300-yard ha-HA game happened. So there's your cautionary tale about getting out too early and having it turn around on you in ugly fashion immediately.

But odb has the 'dude who acts a fool' camera following him around already so I can see if someone is scurred. Depending on how you drafted around him, maybe you have other options to roll with while upgrading at rb or something.

Everybody is intentionally trying to get into his head now, and it's working. Push here, cheap shot there and he gets off his game. To me, he also looked slow, I didn't see any real separation last night on his routes. I know the Vikings defense is good, but I'm ready to call him bust at this point.

• Like 1

Beckham needs to grow up.....and fast. Isnt there a big brother who could mentor him?

Just ran across this a bit after I posted my comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/best-way-to-beat-the-giants-drive-odell-beckham-jr-nuts-early-and-often-034527193.html

Ridiculous that a guy with that much talent is that weak between the ears.

That's definitely the way to play Beckham. Didn't hurt that the Vikings D forced Eli to get the ball out of his hands early, but once Beckham got that penalty and he had to be careful, it seemed like all the fire went out of him.

Everybody is intentionally trying to get into his head now, and it's working. Push here, cheap shot there and he gets off his game. To me, he also looked slow, I didn't see any real separation last night on his routes. I know the Vikings defense is good, but I'm ready to call him bust at this point.

Yeah, where is that elite speed this year? Did he gain weight?

this team has meltdown written all over it. i may start streaming defenses against them.

gb this week?

No Sam Shields = this is the good week that forces folks to want to stick with him.

If Sam is back or it doesn't matter and he has another shaky game, it will be too late to get out on odb.

Being a #1 wr on the outside is a tough bizness to be in. If you can't keep your edge without going crazy, you could fall the hell off. I didn't think so for odb. I thought he was above it and the Norman thing was personal/specific. But maybe not. And he has NO goodwill with the refs or the league or the gen public so he has to cut it out ASAP or end up a huge bust.

I remember when B Marsh was having his little attitude issues. He figured it out. OBJ will too. I just hope it doesn't ruin this season for him or my fantasy team. I'm mostly selfish about all of this. :bandana:

• Like 1

Might be too early to label him a bust by week 5, however if he has a few more weeks like last week he is a bust relative to his ADP.

He did have a pretty decent week 2 and week 3 for fantasy, and I think he will get back on track, but now he's on the verge of being benched by the Giants if the outbursts continue.

I also read an interesting article that teams realize they can rile him up, so they intentionally game plan around riling up OBJ into losing his cool (hit him, hit him out of bounds, trash talk him, whatever). Seems to be working so far.

I was beginning to wonder about JJ myself but now I'm glad I took him instead of OBJ

I just put in an offer for him.. not total garbage either.. Landry and Dixon for OBJ and Bilal Powell. He's getting the targets.. the TDs should follow. Other than Philly x2 and the Bengals.. I don't see any matchups that look too brutal going forward. Dallas & Detroit Weeks 14 and 15 are pretty nice as well.

IF.. He doesn't completely lose his sh*t.. He's a nice buy low. Bit of an IF.. but he's not on Josh Gordon thin ice.

I'm hoping the squeaky wheel get the grease this weekend and OBJ gets some Eli love. It's a + matchup for him, and god knows I need the points.

He needs to get his head right. Fitz got body slammed after the whistle and he showed how a real pro reacts. By scoring TDS with a fking backup qb.

Sam Shield is out again, so obj needs to get it right this weekend fo sho. I'm all in on this as the 'relax, I'm a damn good football player' game and I'm gonna be watching intently. I'm ready to slap a label on him for the season if he can't take the 2016 hot take heat and get it together vs guys who generally can't cover him. Eli and the Giants organization play a huge part too but the lights are on obj for Sunday night.

jimmy loves Larry: obj and most of the WRs in league history are looking up at Fitz. Larry's a national treasure and has been for 15 years. He's a man of respect around the league cuz he's been Larry almost the whole time. Routes, off-season effort (his camps/workouts are widely attended), catches about everything (which is NOT the same as 'occasionally makes absurd catches like his friend named Landry from college'), maxing out his physical gifts, and on and on. I remember cussing at folks when they'd try to compare Andre Johnson favorably to Larry because of box score analysis.

I also remember going into a Hulk-like rage when sweet sweet Kurt Warner threw a 99-yard pick 6 in that super bowl. Larry tried like hell to bail him out but oops...the defense couldn't stop friggin Santonio Holmes. Santonio Holmes! Arggggggh!

Beckham's first four games this season: 22 catches for 303 yards and 0 TD's

Beckham's first four games LAST season: 24 catches for 307 yards and 2 TD's.

Let's..uhhh...settle down a bit about the whole BUST thing.

• Like 1

Beckham's first four games this season: 22 catches for 303 yards and 0 TD's

Beckham's first four games LAST season: 24 catches for 307 yards and 2 TD's.

Let's..uhhh...settle down a bit about the whole BUST thing.

So you're tellming me there's a chance?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

I am actually settled down a little bit after your post with the stats of last year vs this year. minus the two TD's it's nearly the same. I worry more this year because there are more options with Cruz healthy and Sheppard getting lot's of Eli's attention. If OBJ has a good weekend this week I'm sure I'll talk myself down from the ledge. One more bad week though may push me over...

I am actually settled down a little bit after your post with the stats of last year vs this year. minus the two TD's it's nearly the same. I worry more this year because there are more options with Cruz healthy and Sheppard getting lot's of Eli's attention. If OBJ has a good weekend this week I'm sure I'll talk myself down from the ledge. One more bad week though may push me over...

Last year he wasn't the same degree of head case though. That's a further warning sign. I don't own him, still betting he'll turn it around. But the mental side is different this year.

I'm so glad I started this thread. Clearly OBJ read it and rectified his miscreant behavior pattern and focused on playing better football. Expect more threads about more underperforming players on my rosters. You guys can thank me later...

:banana:

• Like 1

I'm so glad I started this thread. Clearly OBJ read it and rectified his miscreant behavior pattern and focused on playing better football. Expect more threads about more underperforming players on my rosters. You guys can thank me later...

:banana:

MAn, OBJ would have been a fantastic buy-low earlier this season.