Sign in to follow this  
Chill123

Is this a fair trade?

My Matt Forte and Amari Cooper for his Antonio Brown. He's weak at RB with Rawls out and just lost Josh Gordon.

Thanks for the info

Good luck offering but I don't see him accepting. I offered his choice of ARob/Cooks/Benjamin from my WRs plus his choice of Lacy/D Murray/CMike from my RBs. He declined and countered wanting Cooks and Leveon Bell. I didn't want to lose Bell so I gave up.

Brown is pretty much the surest thing going (and his twerk game is on point) so it's going to take a king's ransom to pry him away.

No way would I accept it.

What if I threw in Pryor to sweetin the deal? Would leave me with

D Johnson

Crowell

Ryan Matthews

Snead

Tyrell Williams

Decker (injured)

No, while the trade is "fair" in terms of points switching teams, I don't see how the guy would even consider this kind of a deal unless his team is literally Brown and nobody else.

If I were him, I'd be asking for D Johnson and Cooper as a starting point.

two for ones are almost always a hustle. If you want to two for one someone then you have to come strong...

just my two cents.

jdon

No one "lost josh gordon" as he was never there and has not been for years.

• Like 1

Two for ones only have a shot when the team getting the two players is significantly weaker/more shallow that the team trying to get the one. And the one can't be anyone from the first round.

The challenge: folks with weak/shallow teams usually don't see their team that way because they don't look at the other teams in the league or pay attention to their own. Some people only worry about having a starting lineup for the current week. And every new week is a revelation of lineup issues.

Since some of us are ffb psychos, we're constantly looking at the other teams in the league, comparing them to ours and trying to put together 'logical' trades. We're also using that info to establish our faab bids weekly. Okay, maybe that's just me! Sorry! And

With trades, folks usually want to feel like they are getting something for almost nothing. And names mean the world to them, so you need to come with the right 'names' if you're gonna take the number one pick from someone.

I just traded McKinnon for Barnidge and a roster move. There was no negotiation or thought because I passed the name test with that owner. He was weak at rb. But he gave up a tight end in a league where there's basically no free agent tight ends available. But he didn't know that and he's just looking at names.

Hell, obj is barely a top 25 wr in some leagues and folks still want the world for him even if they don't fully believe a comeup is coming. I wonder if I could offer Cooper for him and achieve anything? Hmmm...

Since some of us are ffb psychos

I just traded McKinnon for Barnidge and a roster move. There was no negotiation or thought because I passed the name test with that owner. He was weak at rb. But he gave up a tight end in a league where there's basically no free agent tight ends available. But he didn't know that and he's just looking at names.

Hell, obj is barely a top 25 wr in some leagues and folks still want the world for him even if they don't fully believe a comeup is coming. I wonder if I could offer Cooper for him and achieve anything? Hmmm...

U lost the McKinnon for barnidge trade unless your in a 16+ team league. Thinking of offering Cooper for OBJ is just plain stupid. The only thing u will achieve is being laughed at and called a retard. You are clearly a psycho.

I wonder how many more games Sterling Shepard has to outscore him before the value dips a bit.

I wouldn't give up Brown for that. Forte would have to be a on average around a 5-7 point upgrade over my current starting running back, in order for that deal to work out in my favor. It's hard to imagine that.

if everyone votes in the league that it's fair, then it's fair. if there is a veto vote, then you know it was unfair

• Like 1

U lost the McKinnon for barnidge trade unless your in a 16+ team league. Thinking of offering Cooper for OBJ is just plain stupid. The only thing u will achieve is being laughed at and called a retard. You are clearly a psycho.

See? Names. Needs don't matter when folks are just looking at names. I was rostering 8 rbs and McKinnon was on the lower half of those 8. He was rostering 3 tight ends and he liked Barnidge the least. I had Pitta and Virgil green. He was starting Gio every week and he doesn't use a lot of moves. Aka it made sense even though I gave up an rb. I took the move in the deal and used it on a Rb.

Also, cooper and obj are within one ppg of each other after a few weeks. But names though.

See? Names. Needs don't matter when folks are just looking at names. I was rostering 8 rbs and McKinnon was on the lower half of those 8. He was rostering 3 tight ends and he liked Barnidge the least. I had Pitta and Virgil green. He was starting Gio every week and he doesn't use a lot of moves. Aka it made sense even though I gave up an rb. I took the move in the deal and used it on a Rb.

Also, cooper and obj are within one ppg of each other after a few weeks. But names though.

Ya names... Barnige is a name. McKinnon is a starting RB. I would have just rolled with Pitta. Mckinnon's value is going to increase as the season goes on and the Oline gels. That other team should give u a BJ or pass at his wife for giving him McKinnon for next to nothing. OBJ has out performed Cooper, it's not just a name. I look at potential and performance.

I refuse to accept a 2 for 1 where I'm losing the 1 better player.

Definitely. Hold out for the 2 for 1 where you're getting two better players for your crappy one :thumbsup:

My Matt Forte and Amari Cooper for his Antonio Brown. He's weak at RB with Rawls out and just lost Josh Gordon.

Thanks for the info

it's reasonable value, but there are only certain situations where I would unload Brown for two lesser players.

The conditions that need to exist for me to make this type of deal:

1) RB's are hurt and no hope of filling the void as they are long term injuries.

2) Lots of depth at WR and you can afford to accept this downgrade at WR.

That being said, Cooper appears to be a bit better than he was last year, and is healthy (as compared to late last year when he was not)

In the end, I think the dropoff wont be super huge, and the addition of Forte I think makes up for the downgrade.

Whether your trade partner feels the same remains to be seen. But there is a decent chance he wont accept your offer.