Sign in to follow this  
devius

Jordan Howard to be workhorse.

Speaking after Sunday's Week 4 win over the Lions, coach John Fox said Jordan Howard was "outstanding" and "we'll ride him pretty good moving forward."

Source: Chicago tribune

What's your rest of the way outlook for him for those that watched the game?

He looks fantastic, although Langford will still get some work.

Speaking after Sunday's Week 4 win over the Lions, coach John Fox said Jordan Howard was "outstanding" and "we'll ride him pretty good moving forward."

Source: Chicago tribune

What's your rest of the way outlook for him for those that watched the game?

Got him in both of my leagues including my deep keeper league; good to hear. He looked great from what I saw on RedZone today. Hard to believe Langford is more than a 1/3 snap guy moving forward.

• Like 1

Saw this one coming two weeks ago, picked him up all over the place.

I outbid the guy who had Langford for him, and dropped DeWayne Washington when I was awarded. The guy promptly picked DWash up - started him against me - and got a double whammy of outsmarted.

:first:

Saw this one coming two weeks ago, picked him up all over the place.

Owned Langford last year...saw this coming with the Bears pick in the 5th round this year.

Agree with the above post.

Langford proved he wasn't the guy to handle the load.

I'm calling it now...Howard wins ROY

There is no question that I was wrong about him

He looked a lot better then I thought he would be.

So congrats to those who where right about him.

There is no question that I was wrong about him

He looked a lot better then I thought he would be.

So congrats to those who where right about him.

I wanted to grab him, but I wanted to grab two guys the week before Langford went down--Howard, and DWash. Literally while I was grabbing DWash, another owner grabbed Howard. I went back to make the second pickup...gone. Oof.

Temper expectations...he may turn out to be good, but he did run against a beat up Detroit defense whose linebacker Corp is awful at best. He will get touches but I see Langford, if he returns healthy as change of pace, third down at worst.

Temper expectations...he may turn out to be good, but he did run against a beat up Detroit defense whose linebacker Corp is awful at best. He will get touches but I see Langford, if he returns healthy as change of pace, third down at worst.

Here is the thing. Its not just that it was against the pissspoor lions d. It was the fact he did not go down on contact. The fact he probably broke more tackles in the first half than langford has all year. It is great to have homrun speed as a rb but if you cant get past the line that speed means nothing. He showed he was a grinder which is what that offense needs to win.

Man, it's like you fellas are in year 1 of playing FF.

It's one game and against the league worst defensive team against the run (allowing 5.1). Here we have a rookie that haven't done jack dilly and everyone is going nuts over. On another case you have a guy like Crowell tearing it up and no one wants.

What's the deal with people always trying to nail the "sleeper" pick?

It's one game and against the league worst defensive team against the run (allowing 5.1). Here we have a rookie that haven't done jack dilly and everyone is going nuts over. On another case you have a guy like Crowell tearing it up and no one wants.

Because those are generally the guys that win you leagues.

Crowell has been effective because Cleveland has been keeping it close against generally poor teams. You'll see a lot more Duke when they're behind 20 to the Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, etc.

What's wrong with nailing the sleeper pick ?

• Like 1

i watched bits and pieces. he looked like a road grader. once he got a head of steam and had contact kept moving forward.

not like jeremy hill who runs right in the stack, falls down like he was shot be a rifle, then looks to the sideline for a breather.

Agree he really looks good .

Don't see anyway he loses the job.

He'll lose the job when Langford is back. :doublethumbsup:

Not a single chance. Not even a little one.

He'll lose the job when Langford is back. :doublethumbsup:

Langford stinks. Bench fodder. The Bears know it. Howard may not be the 2nd coming, but he's a more impact-ful player than Langford who defines pedestrian

Crowell has been doing it against bad defenses. His schedule gets a lot starting wk 6. That isn't unknown information so everyone knows he will regress. His playoff schedule isn't bad though. You just need to get through weeks 6-14.

Langford stinks. Bench fodder. The Bears know it. Howard may not be the 2nd coming, but he's a more impact-ful player than Langford who defines pedestrian

Take a look at how Langford started (week 9-12) last year.

Those aren't "pedestrian" numbers.

Crowell has been doing it against bad defenses. His schedule gets a lot starting wk 6. That isn't unknown information so everyone knows he will regress. His playoff schedule isn't bad though. You just need to get through weeks 6-14.

Philly, Baltimore, Miami aren't elite defenses but they are not the bottom against the run.

Not to totally hijack the thread but clev's off line has to one of the best in the league and pryors emergence has at least kept teams from completely stacking the box. Crowell also gets all the GL work. I'll take my chances.

i watched bits and pieces. he looked like a road grader. once he got a head of steam and had contact kept moving forward.

not like jeremy hill who runs right in the stack, falls down like he was shot be a rifle, then looks to the sideline for a breather.

I like the Hill and Howard comparison..yes,Howard is showing that he means more business

In a 16 team ESPN league I got him late in draft. The trade requests are flying in. All are underwhelming.

Langford is on the FA list...does he have any value?

Lets put it this way. He had very little value when he was the starter based on his counting stats. Now that he lost his job he has 0 value.

jordan howard is the type of player that can win you a championship. I lost woodhead in ppr and was crying the blues.....picked up Howard as free agent to pair with David Johnson. very excited.

a lot can change as always in this crazy game but feeling pretty good right now

• Like 1