Sign in to follow this  
edjr

When the Chicago Cubs win the world series. How many people will die?

That is how they celebrate in Chicago right?

The city will BURN!

Man, can that theo build teams or what.

I will admit! He is great and coming in and using other GM's players to win like no other.

How are we going to know why they are killing each other? Some may say it's the Cubs, but I think it's a lack of vegetables.

As much as I'm pulling for the Indians it's pretty much a given that this will happen. A statistical improbability that Cleveland wins 2 championships in one year.

That why I'm going to game one in Cleveland. A clinching game in Chicago there will be some folks killed. Not as much shootings, but if more scared of tripping on a curb and getting stomped. People are going to start drinking at seven in the morning for a 7 pm game, receipe for disaster

I thought the cubs was pretty much the white bread north Chicago team?

They are, but if you have a 108 year wait and that many drinks, it's going to be nasty

How are we going to know why they are killing each other? Some may say it's the Cubs, but I think it's a lack of vegetables.

Seems like they need some type of guard....one that can secure the perimeter...but only with a flashlight and a whistle...like a security guard!

Seems like they need some type of guard....one that can secure the perimeter...but only with a flashlight and a whistle...like a security guard!

All thise gunshot victims, who will clean their bedpans? Bedpan Dan, that's who! ( you're bedpan Dan).

IF

:nono:

just like the 2004 world series, the only people in the country that thought the red sox werent going to win were red sox fans and rockies fans, everyone else knew.

:nono:

just like the 2004 world series, the only people in the country that thought the red sox werent going to win were red sox fans and rockies fans, everyone else knew.

Why Rockies fans?

Why Rockies fans?

usually the home town team fans think their team is going to win? especially when they went 7 - 0 in the playoffs to get to the world series.

usually the home town team fans think their team is going to win? especially when they went 7 - 0 in the playoffs to get to the world series.

Ummm...maybe you should go back and read your post to see where you went wrong

Ummm...maybe you should go back and read your post to see where you went wrong

i know I'm not that bright. It seems right to me?

Red Sox fans and Rockies fans both though the Red Sox would not win the world series in 2004. (aka the rockies would win) Everyone else thought/knew the red sox would win

where did I go wrong?

i know I'm not that bright. It seems right to me?

Red Sox fans and Rockies fans both though the Red Sox would not win the world series in 2004. (aka the rockies would win) Everyone else thought/knew the red sox would win

where did I go wrong?

I have no idea what Rockies fans thought, but what are your ideas on how Cardinals fans thought?

I have no idea what Rockies fans thought, but what are your ideas on how Cardinals fans thought?

:lol:

got me there :wall:

This is why I ceased to be a wiseass when answering. I am ALWAYS wrong.

Well played Sir.

I was right about the Rockies being 7 and 0 going into the world series, that just happened to be in 2007 :doh:

Well played Sir.

I was right about the Rockies being 7 and 0 going into the world series, that just happened to be in 2007 :doh:

We already are aware of your shortcomings in math. Now it appears that literature isn't your strong suit either. How have you not gotten hit by a bus yet? :D

Well played Sir.

Maybe you should take the afternoon off, ed :P

We already are aware of your shortcomings in math. Now it appears that literature isn't your strong suit either. How have you not gotten hit by a bus yet? :D

Hey! It's hard enough remembering to breath. take it easy on me

Well played Sir.

Let it be noted that one of the most arrogant Yankee fans on earth is giving you a pass on this.

Hey! It's hard enough remembering to breath. take it easy on me

Breathe*

Apparently spelling is a challenge too :overhead:

Breathe*

Apparently spelling is a challenge too :overhead:

How ridiculous.

Why add the E? that's like the K in nife. dumb

• Like 1

Maybe you should take the afternoon off, ed :P

Thanks for not being so hard on the beav

The closest thing Back To The Future got right in predicting 30 years in advance of 1985

The closest thing Back To The Future got right in predicting 30 years in advance of 1985

Sorry to burst the bubbles of Cubs fans, Back to the Future fans and fans of sheer randomness, but I’ve got some bad news for you: The second movie in the trilogy doesn’t actually predict that the Cubs would win the World Series in 2015 (something that’s growing less likely in our current year, but is still technically possible). Oh, it predicts it in the 2015 to which Marty and Doc originally travel, but if you’ll bear with me through some high-level nerdery, you’ll see why said prediction was only made within a timeline that no longer exists in the world of the film.

Okay — and you’re going to have to bear with me here (Cubs pun!) — so Doc, Marty and Jennifer go to 2015 from 1985 because something has to be done about their kids. Doc knocks out Jennifer and then tells Marty to go into the Cafe ’80s to stop his son from making a disastrous pact with Biff’s grandson, Griff. Marty looks around, sees the hologram news feed of the Cubs beating Miami in a sweep, meets the old guy who wants to save the clock tower, discusses the baseball news in which Marty is surprised by Miami’s existence, not the Cubs winning, to which the old man says the line that sets the whole plot in motion: “I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season and put some money on the Cubbies.”

The win is even mentioned in the next day’s USA TODAY (the Cubs swept in five, suggesting MLB had moved to the old best-of-nine Series format). It also gets little publicity in the paper, suggesting the Cubs winning wasn’t as momentous as it would have been this year or that baseball is no longer a huge sport. I mean, it’s under the Slamball playoffs beginning, for Great Scott’s sake! But, in this timeline, the Cubs did win the World Series over Miami. That part is completely true.

However, sensing a good idea that will quickly turn evil, Marty buys the sports almanac, old Biff sees it, then steals the DeLorean to go back to 1955 and give it to his younger self. Automatically, that creates the alternate 1985 timeline, in which Biff is a Trump-like billionaire who earned it all off gambling thanks to the almanac. At that point, in order to save humanity, Marty and Doc, who were surprised to find out about their hellish new 1985, have to go back to 1955 to keep old Biff from giving young Biff the almanac and get regular 1985 back on track.

They of course end up doing just that, but while they’re celebrating, the DeLorean gets hit by lightning, Doc goes back to 1885, Marty realizes 1885 Doc is eventually killed by Buford Tannen over a matter of $80 and Marty decides he has to go to the old west and save Doc. So, back to 1885 he goes, there’s all that nonsense with Mary Steenburgen and, eventually, Marty gets pushed by the train to 88 mph to return to the regular 1985 whereupon the DeLorean is immediately crushed by a real train. While on his way back to the tracks with Jennifer, Marty avoids the drag race with Needles that would end up affecting his entire life.

At the end of the film, with Marty and Jennifer milling about the destroyed time machine, Doc comes back in the time-machine train with Clara, Jules and Verne and says that since the time machine is smashed and Marty didn’t get hurt in a drag race, he has altered history in such a way that the future isn’t written. We leave the films with a 2015 in which anything can happen. There is no set future anymore. All that stuff that happened in the beginning — Marty’s kid hanging around with Griff, the crash through the clock tower, the release of Jaws 19 and, most importantly, the Cubs winning — doesn’t necessarily have to happen in this new timeline. It’s like a butterfly effect thing. Marty changed the course of history.

To sum up, the 2015 showcased in the early part of BTTF2 is not the 2015 that Marty and Jennifer will end up living through. It’ll be a different timeline and one in which, say, the Washington Nationals could have won the World Series in 2015.

Nah, too far-fetched.

The Cubs should have Steve Bartman throw out the first pitch for game 3...

especially if they are down 0 - 2

especially when they are down 0 - 2

When not if. Fixed

did you see the price of tickets on the secondary market for games at wrigley. :o

starts at 2 grand up to 13,000