Sign in to follow this  
edjr

When the Chicago Cubs win the world series. How many people will die?

Outsider looking in.

Was Miller wasted at that spot or was that the right move.

(Obviously it worked but I thought a little early)

I think we'll only be able to tell in hindsight. It depends how long the series goes.

But, If I'm the manager, I wanna win today.

Hopefully they won't be back in the World Series for another 71 years. Bye bye Cubs

Another uphill battle for the Cubs. Kluber on the hill again tonight.

Last time he pitched on 3 days rest, Toronto won 5-1, so it's not impossible. But, the Cubs need to find some offense.

If you have little leaguers in your life, make them watch Soler's triple last night.

Make sure they understand that this is why you start out running as fast as you can, and keep running until your third base coach tells you to stop. Be sure to emphasize the importance of doing this even if they think they hit a foul ball.

The guy had a legit shot at an inside the park HR, but lolly gagged his way to first base because he thought the ball was foul.

Do you think Charlie Hustle would have scored there?

If you have little leaguers in your life, make them watch Soler's triple last night.

Make sure they understand that this is why you start out running as fast as you can, and keep running until your third base coach tells you to stop. Be sure to emphasize the importance of doing this even if they think they hit a foul ball.

The guy had a legit shot at an inside the park HR, but lolly gagged his way to first base because he thought the ball was foul.

Depends on what team he bet :dunno:

• Like 1

I don't think he would have scored, but I felt the same way. I would lose my mind if someone on my team did that. I think the other players would either be impressed with me or think I was a dork because I would want to run full speed for everything. Especially in the World Series.

You probably can't get away with this in the pros, but at any lower level, if one of my players did that, he would be running laps until he was too old to play anymore.

I don't think he would have scored, but I felt the same way. I would lose my mind if someone on my team did that. I think the other players would either be impressed with me or think I was a dork because I would want to run full speed for everything. Especially in the World Series.

You probably can't get away with this in the pros, but at any lower level, if one of my players did that, he would be running laps until he was too old to play anymore.

He may not have scored, and we'll never know if the 3rd. base coach would have sent him. He never gave the coach a chance to decide.

Post game, the Cubs players are saying he wouldn't have scored, but that's pure speculation.

Depends on what team he bet :dunno:

:D

Also, Charlie Hustle would have chugged a gallon of speed-infused coffee, hit it down the line, sucker punched the 1st/2nd/3rd basemen, then launched himself at the home plate umpire. :thumbsup:

:D

Also, Charlie Hustle would have chugged a gallon of speed-infused coffee, hit it down the line, sucker punched the 1st/2nd/3rd basemen, then launched himself at the home plate umpire. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but he still woulda scored.

Nope... He wouldn't have hit that far to begin with...

Be curious to see which one draws a bigger share 2moro night: Game 5 or Philly/Dallas...?

Be curious to see which one draws a bigger share 2moro night: Game 5 or Philly/Dallas...?

I'm really pissed that they're on at the same time.

I'm really pissed that they're on at the same time.

I would have liked to have seen at least 1 WS day game in Wrigley - just seems like how it should be.

Walking dead too

To get back to the original question, I'm going with three people will die.

One to drive the boat on the Chicago river blowed up on coke and Olde Style - and two to ride with him.

At one point, game 5 was listed as the most expensive sporting event in America. Now, it's dropped to number two - right under the SB.

Dunno how they're doing the math on all that.

At one point, game 5 was listed as the most expensive sporting event in America. Now, it's dropped to number two - right under the SB.

Dunno how they're doing the math on all that.

I guess cause Cubs can't WS in game 5

Walking dead too

Don't think it will challenge much.. Even a bad Sunday night game will draw double digits. WD doesn't pull double digits on a good night.

Don't think it will challenge much.. Even a bad Sunday night game will draw double digits. WD doesn't pull double digits on a good night.

I meant to start a thread last week.

TWD beat SNF last week. Yes it was the season premier and all.

16 mill to just shy of 14 mill

Good post.

My apologies, I got a bad info link.

My apologies, I got a bad info link.

Uh hum. If you're handing out apologies. Jk

Great National Anthem. Chills.

Who sang it? I missed the beginning.

Also 2-1 Cubs with no outs in the 4th.

Who sang it? I missed the beginning.

Also 2-1 Cubs with no outs in the 4th.

Some Barrell chested guy. He did it right and when they panned the crowd people were showing pride. Nice to respect your country for a minute and a half.

To get back to the original question, I'm going with three people will die.

One to drive the boat on the Chicago river blowed up on coke and Olde Style - and two to ride with him.

To get back to the original question, maybe all of us. Check back in in another hundred years, see who's left.

I admittedly haven't watched a lot of Lester games in my life, but I've heard that he never throws to first. Watching now, apparently that means that he is completely incapable of doing it. How can somebody be a major league pitcher, a lefty to boot, and not be able to throw to first? :o

I admittedly haven't watched a lot of Lester games in my life, but I've heard that he never throws to first. Watching now, apparently that means that he is completely incapable of doing it. How can somebody be a major league pitcher, a lefty to boot, and not be able to throw to first? :o

He's got the yips when fielding or making pick off moves. For real. A bad case of Sax/Knoblach syndrome.

But, he can paint the corners with his fastball

It's very strange.

Gutsy move to bring in their closer that early. We'll see if he can perform in 2 days if needed, and game 7 if needed as well. But any way, good job Cubs winning a game at home. :thumbsup:

A-Fraud just said on FS1 post game show AC will be ready for Tursday. And Fat Pete Rose said it was the right move bringing him on at that spot.

Consider the sources.

:dunno:

I was a bit surprised they didn't pinch hit for him in the 8th. Had a runner on third. Could have picked up a run to give some breathing room plus then you don't have your closer throwing 50 pitches. :dunno:

Normal rules for getting through 162 games don't apply any more at this point. Managers should feel free to engage any bullpen/rotation shenanigans they want to in the World Series. These wins are critical, there's no tomorrow if you lose, and pitchers have five months to rest.

Down, 3 games to 1, the Cubbies can and should do whatever they have to do. If that means ride their stud pitchers harshly, so be it. Do it.

I don't blame Maddon for bringing in Chapman that early - or putting him thru that... It's the freaking WS, one you've not won since 1908, and an elimination game - you do what you have to do.