Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

OAK WRs vs. Denver

I pulled Cooper for that same reason, and am a bit hesitant on it. Talib missed last week if I recall. I still expect them to get good numbers, but just less than normal.

I pulled Cooper for that same reason, and am a bit hesitant on it. Talib missed last week if I recall. I still expect them to get good numbers, but just less than normal.

But "less than normal" for Cooper may be better than most other WR options in week 9!

The Raiders are due for a big game at home. The mantra in practice has been protect the football, as without turnovers Denver is just another team. Their defense is chippy, they hit hard and late, but if they don't force turnovers their offense isn't good enough to run with Oakland's.

Again, Raiders are LONG overdue for a big game at home.

Every game with denver is a 17-14 slugfest.

Although, after looking, Vegas has that game at 44 points and the Raiders at 10 pt favorites, so they're basically predicting a 27-17 score in Oakland's favor. That means there's room for production there. :dunno:

I'm thinking about sitting Carr.

I didn't get Big Ben , so now I'm looking at either Tanny or Dak.

As for Cooper I'm undecided about what I'm going to do with him at this time.

Im starting Carr (little confidence) but no better options (Wilson) I think The OAK big WRs will still get numbers but less than their avg. Seth could be the sleeper here but maybe im just being a hopeful fan.

• Like 1

Starting Cooper & Tyrell Williams this week and have to choose one between Corey Coleman & Coates for my Flex.

Bye week effect makes my decision easy. Glad the next meeting with the Crush is Week 17 and academic.

Cooper is sure fortunate to have Crabs on the team. Don't know what his over all stat line would be if he were the #1. It wouldn't be where it's at, that's for sure.

Agree with the above post.

That's a very good point , and once again Crabtree showing he's just as good.

Agree with the above post.

That's a very good point , and once again Crabtree showing he's just as good.

They make for a really nice pair of 1a/1b receivers for Carr. After not quite living up to his rookie/holdout hype in SF..

Crabtree has proven his ability time and again. I now view him as sort've a Keyshawn Johnson, Larry Fitz type big target with real good ball skills, but not real fast. A great post up, RZ finisher. Fitzgerald is more dynamic and athletic overall.. but that's the general idea.

He's great for a young QB still developing.

The problem in this game is this:

Cooper is the clear #1 guy, until you get to the Red zone where Crabs gets a lot of looks.

but I think it is fair to say both are legit threats in the red zone. Latavius is another serious threat himself.

while I think the Yardage will be down a bit, as the Yards after the catch wont be as huge.... I think that this offense will still put up startable numbers.

Latavius would drop a bit, but his red zone opportunities will remain the same.

If there is anyone I'd say would get a boost it would be the Oakland Kicker. If the drive stops short of a TD you are getting FG's instead of TD's. That's good for the kicker.

Eli or Carr? Only because of Denver

The answer is never Eli.

Unless the question is "who is going to whip the Patriots against all odds and common sense." Then, mysteriously, the answer is always Eli. Crazy world.

In two games against DEN last year, Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree combined for 12 rec, 120 yards, 0 TDs on 26 targets.

Hate to pick Eli.

But I would pick Eli.

But neither one seems like a solid pick.

Pick up Foles.

Im starting Carr (little confidence) but no better options (Wilson) I think The OAK big WRs will still get numbers but less than their avg. Seth could be the sleeper here but maybe im just being a hopeful fan.

I agree with you on Seth Roberts. He should not be underrated.

He always seems to show up bigtime when they need to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Love watching him play.

Yeah he's made some good playes for them this season.

Last weeks game winner was another.

Although, after looking, Vegas has that game at 44 points and the Raiders at 10 pt favorites, so they're basically predicting a 27-17 score in Oakland's favor. That means there's room for production there. :dunno:

The over/under is around 44 but the game is a pick em, not 10 points.

Crabs is to Carr as Fitz is to Palmer X's three since Carr is YOUNG. This is no slam on Cooper. He is fortunate. Fitz had Boldin, and Moss had Carter. Many more examples, and I wish I owned them both. Manning's Harrison helped Wayne a bunch!

In two games against DEN last year, Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree combined for 12 rec, 120 yards, 0 TDs on 26 targets.

This team is light years from last years version. Nice stat, just take with a grain of salt.

According to NFL Network's James Palmer, Aqib Talib (back) will be a game-time decision against the Raiders in Week 9.

Talib sat out last week's game against the Chargers and still isn't practicing. We're guessing he's closer to doubtful than probable. Look for Bradley Roby to draw another start if Talib sits on Sunday night.

I honestly had to check this. Yep Oak is 10 point favorite. That just seems crazy? I'm expecting a much tighter ball game.

Where are you guys looking at spreads? It started (Even) & now Oakland is favored by 1 to 2 points, depending where you look.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/denver-oakland-odds-november-6-2016-728732

lol I was looking at it wrong. Yeah it's pickem to -1.5.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Makes more sense. Thanks.

I'm analyzing Cooper big time today. I have been proposed a trade:

Cooper and Booker for my ANTONIO BROWN (the number one guy drafted)

Coopers next three weeks are brutal- Denver, bye, Houston. Denver and Houston just happen to be the top two passing defenses, so that means I could get very little in three weeks with Cooper while Brown could be going off.

But will Booker more than make up that deficit? Is Booker that much better than Cmike, TColeman, Perkins, Prosisi ?

If someone here can convince me Cooper is just as good as Brown or close enough, im all ears.

I am starting Eli. They had the Bye week to prepare so banking on that.

You are going to regret this decision my brother. Giants traditionally suck after the bye week. Run away from Eli, RUNNNNNNN!

Cooper is sure fortunate to have Crabs on the team. Don't know what his over all stat line would be if he were the #1. It wouldn't be where it's at, that's for sure.

Roberts ain't bad either.

Nothing wrong with other WRs taking action off the no. 1.

Coopers next three weeks are brutal- Denver, bye, Houston. Denver and Houston just happen to be the top two passing defenses, so that means I could get very little in three weeks with Cooper while Brown could be going off.

But will Booker more than make up that deficit? Is Booker that much better than Cmike, TColeman, Perkins, Prosisi ?

If someone here can convince me Cooper is just as good as Brown or close enough, im all ears.

If that's your team in your sig I think you stick.

That other owner has a 3 week lull with Cooper vs Den, bye and Hou and he's trying to turn it into lemonade. You have Ajayi, see how that pans out he might be a RB1.

• Like 2

If that's your team in your sig I think you stick.

That other owner has a 3 week lull with Cooper vs Den, bye and Hou and he's trying to turn it into lemonade. You have Ajayi, see how that pans out he might be a RB1.

Thanks Saints. You are always a breath of fresh air and always look forward to your insights.

You are going to regret this decision my brother. Giants traditionally suck after the bye week. Run away from Eli, RUNNNNNNN!

However if you look at Giants with Eli starting:

"Manning has played pretty darn well with a week of rest. Manning is 7-4 in his 11 starts following a bye week. In those games, he is a combined 237-of-392 passing (60.4 percent) for 3,066 yards, 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Manning has a combined quarterback rating of 94.41 in his first games after the bye"
PS 1: I hate those websites with multiple slides to click though
PS 2: I think Eli sucked in some games after BYE and he is so unpredictable in general I do not know what to expect. I am rolling the dice but if someone asked me advice I may be a bit more conservative and not recommend Eli.

Roberts ain't bad either.

Nothing wrong with other WRs taking action off the no. 1.

With Talib out Roberts will get a premier matchup with one of Denver's scrub nickel backs.

I would take Cooper and Booker all day. A Brown has a gimpy Ben this week vs Jimmy Smith who Brown has done nothing against in his career.

Booker is a RB1 and could carry you to the ship.

Denver's defense will be short on cornerbacks in Week 9 as CB Kayvon Webster (hamstring) has been ruled out.

Webster's absence is in addition to the loss of CB Aqib Talib (back) and will test the depth of the Denver secondary. CB Bradley Roby is expected to start on Sunday at Oakland, and CB Taurean Nixon has been promoted from the practice squad as a result of the injuries. The Broncos D/ST will still be a top-10 fantasy option in Week 9, but may have more trouble in pass defense than normal. Nov 5 - 6:24 PM

Source: Denver Post

I would take Cooper and Booker all day. A Brown has a gimpy Ben this week vs Jimmy Smith who Brown has done nothing against in his career.

Booker is a RB1 and could carry you to the ship.

Easy trade to make.

Cooper might finish ahead of Brown by end of the year. Booker is an RB1. Take it before he wakes up.

With Talib out Roberts will get a premier matchup with one of Denver's scrub nickel backs.

I always go cheap on QB and I draft a QB who I think will emerge. This year I went with Carr in one league and it has largely worked. The stickler is this one 3 week stretch vs Den, bye & Hou. I can't add/drop today so unless I trade I'm stuck with Carr today. It's this matchup plus last week's performance which has me riding it out vs Denver. We'll see.