Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

*** OFFICIAL Chiefs / Raiders TNF Game Thread***

High 22, low of 10 for Thursday in kc. First place here we come :banana:

I am rooting for Jack Del Rio to run the table so that he can win coach of the year and I can win monies

:no:

I am rooting for Jack Del Rio to run the table so that he can win coach of the year and I can win monies

:thumbsup:

Most farts smell better than the autumn wind

And kc opened as 3 pt favorites

And kc opened as 3 pt favorites

That's basically the game being at Arrowhead. On a neutral field it'd be a pickem'. As it should be.

Except we went into your house and stomped your d!cks in the dirt

And you'd be in first place if you hadn't lost to two teams we beat. So again, how's my ass taste?

"In the dirt" is right. You guys only win when the games get ugly, messy, muddy, and mistake-prone. Not impressed by "Mr. Check-down" Alex Smith, and by your sneaky coach "Throw the short slant" Andy Reid. The Chiefs win when turnovers are flying all over the place. Do you think that's sustainable? I'd rather have a team with a stud QB with a pro style arm, with pro style wide receivers, and on defense, a candidate for defensive player of the year.

When KC beat the Raiders, Andy Reid was coming off a bye week. He's 16-2 after a bye week, showing he's a genius when he has MORE time. Wait, no bye week this week??? You mean he has LESS time? I wonder what his record is, coming of a SHORT week... LOL

Oh , it's getting deep now :lol:

Where the fock is Tj? At least that clown made some sense when he spoke. Years of mediocrity and now the Raiders are winning and you'd think del Rio is belichek and Carr is brady

:yawn:

I think the Chief will win.

Most farts smell better than the autumn wind

The autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

Swaggering boisterously

His face is weatherbeaten

He wears a hooded sash

With a silver hat about his head

And a bristling black moustache

He growls as he storms the country

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold

The autumn wind is a Raider

Pillaging just for fun

He’ll knock you ‘round and upside down

And laugh when he’s conquered and won

• Like 2

Blustering in from sea

Swaggering boisterously

He wears a hooded sash

A villain big and bold

Pillaging just for fun

He’ll knock you ‘round and upside down

And laugh when he’s conquered and won

I have always loved this. Any time I read it, I hear John Facenda's voice speaking the lines - complete with the background music.

Thank you for posting it.

"In the dirt" is right. You guys only win when the games get ugly, messy, muddy, and mistake-prone. Not impressed by "Mr. Check-down" Alex Smith, and by your sneaky coach "Throw the short slant" Andy Reid. The Chiefs win when turnovers are flying all over the place. Do you think that's sustainable? I'd rather have a team with a stud QB with a pro style arm, with pro style wide receivers, and on defense, a candidate for defensive player of the year.

When KC beat the Raiders, Andy Reid was coming off a bye week. He's 16-2 after a bye week, showing he's a genius when he has MORE time. Wait, no bye week this week??? You mean he has LESS time? I wonder what his record is, coming of a SHORT week... LOL

I'm still laughing at this. Do Raiders fans even watch football? The last two weeks for the Chiefs have been the most exciting wins we may have witnessed ever in the history of the franchise. Prior to this year Andy Reid's teams had not had a fourth quarter comeback. I'm not going to look but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me half our wins this year were fourth quarter comebacks. At a minimum I know the Chargers, Broncos and Falcons wins all were.

Is this team perfect? Hell no. Is this team unstoppable? Hell no. But up front the Chiefs are scary, and now that we have a healthy rotation of Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and Dee Ford look out. Probably the best set of pass rushers we've seen on any team at least this decade. Not to mention guys like Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry and Marcus Peters are no slouches.

The offense is doing their part, moving the ball, protecting the football and putting the team in a position to win games. I can't tell you how many friends I've talked to heading down and excited for this game, all but knowing they are going to a game where the temperature is going to be in the single digits. History indicates West coast teams struggle heading East when temperatures are this low. I'm sure it will bother most of the Raiders players' poosays :banana:

I'm still laughing at this. Do Raiders fans even watch football? The last two weeks for the Chiefs have been the most exciting wins we may have witnessed ever in the history of the franchise. Prior to this year Andy Reid's teams had not had a fourth quarter comeback. I'm not going to look but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me half our wins this year were fourth quarter comebacks. At a minimum I know the Chargers, Broncos and Falcons wins all were.

Is this team perfect? Hell no. Is this team unstoppable? Hell no. But up front the Chiefs are scary, and now that we have a healthy rotation of Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and Dee Ford look out. Probably the best set of pass rushers we've seen on any team at least this decade. Not to mention guys like Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry and Marcus Peters are no slouches.

The offense is doing their part, moving the ball, protecting the football and putting the team in a position to win games. I can't tell you how many friends I've talked to heading down and excited for this game, all but knowing they are going to a game where the temperature is going to be in the single digits. History indicates West coast teams struggle heading East when temperatures are this low. I'm sure it will bother most of the Raiders players' poosays :banana:

History also indicates west coast teams struggle when traveling east for 10:00 AM Sunday starts, but Oakland is 5-0 in such games this year. That's all Jack Del Rio there, and I'm sure he'll have the team ready to compete Thursday. All of this success is gravy for most Raider fans who weren't here for the old days. But some of us remember when we pretty much owned KC. I expect this team to go out on its shield, either way.

Do I have an excuse for the first game? Not really. I sat 12 rows behind the KC bench, and watched a master at work. The Fat Man was in his element, towel wrapped around his neck, ballcap to keep the rain away, fixated on his plastic play sheet. Not sure anyone spoke to him the entire game, and all I kept thinking was how that fat fock had 13 days to put together a game plan which was basically laying the wood to us. So the short week doesn't concern me, as it means Reid gets a short week as well. BTW he's 1-4 lifetime on Thursday night, what do you know?

Often forgotten is that Oakland came out and punched KC in the mouth that game. They drove the field off the get-go, put up seven, then held Alex Smith on a three and out. Then Carr threw a boneheaded pick and that was that.

I'm heartened by the fact KC gives up chunks of yards, yet holds in the red zone. Oakland excels in the red zone, but even so must take the three instead of forcing it. Your MO is really no different than any other KC team over the years, keep it close then wait for Oakland to implode. Except this Raider team doesn't turn the ball over. Yeah, you'll have the same crew of clowns who flagged us for 23 penalties for 200 yds against Tampa. But I'm guessing it won't look so good for those geldings to shove it up the arse of a 10-2 team this go around, on national TV yet.

Also, we didn't have Slats Murray last game. You're 27th in the league stopping the rush, we'll see how that goes. But more than likely Oakland will have Carr in the K Gun, and against the pass you're 23rd in the league. So the numbers say Oakland will drive the ball on Kansas City. The question is whether your #1 ranked take-away defense can rise to its ranking. KC absolutely has not won without it. All of your so-called "exciting comebacks" were not of the Alex Smith variety, save the epiphany he had in Mile High. Our quarterback has five 4th quarter legitimate come from behind victories.

My call, if the Raiders offensive line can keep Carr clean and they don't turn the ball over, this will be a Raider victory. The Jets were 3rd in the league at getting to the QB, and couldn't get a sniff on Carr. And while I've got mad respect for the KC defense, especially Houston, I like our chances to keep him clean.

The cold won't be much of a factor, especially to Khalil Mack who played four years at U of Buffalo. And really, outside of Ice Bowl conditions these guys will be so amped up it won't matter.

But you have fun out there. And if you leave that stadium freezing and dejected, take solace in knowing us Raider fans know the feeling oh too well.

sounds like the chiefs were rotating players more to better prepare for the short week. Found some of these tidbits from a chiefs bored:

Except for Derrick Johnson, the entire front 7 was put on a pitch count against the Falcons.

74 snaps. DJ played every one of them.

Poe? 65% of the snaps.
Jones? 58%.
RNR? 51%.
Houston? 62%.
Hali? 47%.
Dee Ford? 36%.

Reyes: 27%.
Barnes & Jenkins: 24% each.
Zombo took up 55%.
Ramik Wilson: 54%.

Unfortunately we have zero depth in the secondary due to Gaines being out so basically the starting four there played every snap.

You could argue that keeping out Maclin and Gaines was designed to get them as healthy as possible to take on Oakland.

Pretty amazing they got that win considering they played their starters relatively little along the front seven. I think this definitely means they're going to throw the whole house at the Raiders on Thursday night.

Fun time to be a Chiefs fan.

The Chiefs usually play 5 DL and 3 OLBs when you look at past games. In this game they had 6 DL in a regular rotation and all four OLBs saw significant playing time. What's normally a rotation of 8 players was a full rotation of 10 -- Terez Paylor argued the Chiefs were doing hockey style substitutions.

Poe is almost always in the 50s and 60s in the snapcounts, he only logged 48 against the Falcons.

Reid actually mentioned it in his press conference. He flat out said they were rotating players in and out to keep them fresh and ready for the short week.

Would he have done it if they weren't playing the Raiders? Maybe, maybe not. He didn't say it was for the Raiders, but rather just getting ready for a short week. But the Raiders on the slate couldn't have hurt.
______

If the stupid idiot Falcons kick the xp Chefs get a L. And you just made the List!

If the stupid idiot Falcons kick the xp Chefs get a L. And you just made the List!

Props for your posting name. :thumbsup:

I hope to see Holy Roller next at bat. B)

sounds like the chiefs were rotating players more to better prepare for the short week. Found some of these tidbits from a chiefs bored:

That's not going to break my heart to see Maclin cut into Kelce's target number. Big difference in Raiders this year truthfully is their depth, which is saving them now due to injuries. Especially in the secondary.

Raiders are the better team on offense and the D is heading in the right direction. If Smith can manage the offense for KC and control time of possession sadly I think KC's D will be the deciding factor and they will knock off the Raiders again.

Give the Raiders another year to build this young team up and next year they sweep KC. :)

The ONLY thing KC has really going for them, the ONLY stat that pops out compared to other teams is the turnover margin... But do you really think KC has a monopoly on turnovers? Do you think forcing turnovers is a sustainable skill? Come on... Sooner or later, all that gambling on creating turnovers will allow you to miss a play or two, and it will be a BIG PLAY... Raiders love to create BIG PLAYS... Alex Smith doesn't know what a BIG PLAY is... his arm's too weak. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

. All of this success is gravy for most Raider fans who weren't here for the old days. But some of us remember when we pretty much owned KC. I expect this team to go out on its shield, either way.

Old days is right,you have to go back 30 years for that.

Bottom line KC leads the overall series 61-52-2 and this should be a great game seeing that the Raiders are once again relevant in the division,I'll be at the game Thursday night freezing my azz off and hopefully watching KC extend that record to 10 games over.

Anyone benching Carr this week? This game screams a 10 pt fantasy performance to me. Thinking of rolling the dice on Flacco vs NE. It's playoffs and Carr is so hard to bench but KC held him to 10 fantasy pts at home without Justin Houston

I have Carr and Wilson.

I don't really like either one.

I will trade you for Flacco heh.

I going to start Wilson at the pack .

I have T Hill and Crabtree. Thursday night games scare me. I think the Chiefs put the clamps down on the Oakland aerial attack somewhat and also run the ball well. I can see this being 17-14 or some chit like that.

Gonna roll with Crowder and one of these two guys. Leaning towards Hill at home. Peters will mostly be on Cooper though right? Ugh

Blustering in from sea

Swaggering boisterously

He wears a hooded sash

A villain big and bold

Pillaging just for fun

Hell knock you round and upside down

And laugh when hes conquered and won

Been a Raiders fan for 45 years, and "The Autumn Wind" still gives me chills.

Go Silver and Black!!

• Like 1

I have T Hill and Crabtree. Thursday night games scare me. I think the Chiefs put the clamps down on the Oakland aerial attack somewhat and also run the ball well. I can see this being 17-14 or some chit like that.

Gonna roll with Crowder and one of these two guys. Leaning towards Hill at home. Peters will mostly be on Cooper though right? Ugh

chiefs corners usually stay to a particular side of the field rather than cover a specific receiver. They tried this last week against Julio until he was single handedly killing them the first couple drives.

chiefs corners usually stay to a particular side of the field rather than cover a specific receiver. They tried this last week against Julio until he was single handedly killing them the first couple drives.

Julio absolutely killed Oakland in Week 2 playing on basically a sprained ankle. No shame there.

Anyone benching Carr this week? This game screams a 10 pt fantasy performance to me. Thinking of rolling the dice on Flacco vs NE. It's playoffs and Carr is so hard to bench but KC held him to 10 fantasy pts at home without Justin Houston

Interested in people's thoughts on Carr as well. I have Winston too, but as you said Carr is hard to bench. Every "last second" move I've made this season has ended up costing me points, so I'll let everyone know which QB is destined to fail this week.

Interested in people's thoughts on Carr as well. I have Winston too, but as you said Carr is hard to bench. Every "last second" move I've made this season has ended up costing me points, so I'll let everyone know which QB is destined to fail this week.

I've got Carr in my league, but am rolling with a bye and not needing to make this call. But if I was, I'd play him. He's really becoming unbenchable. Especially with the Oakland RBs being a significant weapon in the passing game.

I've got Carr in my league, but am rolling with a bye and not needing to make this call. But if I was, I'd play him. He's really becoming unbenchable. Especially with the Oakland RBs being a significant weapon in the passing game.

I haven't benched him at all this year. He was my only qb on roster. Scares me a bit bc KC is a divisional foe who is at home with a healthy Houston and an insane home crowd on the dreaded TNF game. It's that more than his ability

Been a Raiders fan for 45 years, and "The Autumn Wind" still gives me chills.

Go Silver and Black!!

Aye!! :cheers:

• Like 1

Looks like I get to make the first post after the forum brownout. :)

I'm looking forward to a lively in-game discussion thread tonight !

Ware + Murray + Crabtree = this game better not be a Thursday Night Fail

(Janikowski can suck if he wants to, though)

Chiefs win 27-14. Raiders looked a little shaky until they woke up late but If the Chiefs get their nose ahead I think they know how to finish.

The weather does make me hesitate a bit on Crabtree. Carr's numbers in cold weather have been mediocre (though still a small sample size) and Crabtree was shut down by KC in Oakland (even though they are dead last against WRs). My pivot option would be Cooks (not the paragon of consistency himself).