Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Target (TGT) is taking a beating....

Oh... the boycott has no effect on our falling stock prices. Errr...... holy smokes.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/target-suffers-record-stock-price-plunge-2017-02-28

Down like 42% since last April's 'transgender-inclusive" ladies bathroom and changing rooms.

That's crazy... 42%....

Anyway it's not obviously just that, but makes you wonder.

At some point they have to wisen up... just wondering where that sweet spot is to jump in on TGT and make some money on the upswing? :huh:

The age of the internet and a brick and mortar based entity gets political. Cautionary tale.

• Like 1

Boycott may have had some effect but overall Amazon is kicking most retailers ass. Add to that, Target has a really poor online platform for shopping and its hurting them.

The prior CEO made some bad decisions and new leadership has been all over the place in charting a new direction for the company. Not sure it gets much better any time soon.

Oh... the boycott has no effect on our falling stock prices. Errr...... holy smokes.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/target-suffers-record-stock-price-plunge-2017-02-28

Down like 42% since last April's 'transgender-inclusive" ladies bathroom and changing rooms.

That's crazy... 42%....

Anyway it's not obviously just that, but makes you wonder.

At some point they have to wisen up... just wondering where that sweet spot is to jump in on TGT and make some money on the upswing? :huh:

There aren't many brick and mortar retailers I'd consider making an investment in at this time. Especially not the big boxes.

I don't think Target realizes that most of its shoppers are actually straight, non transgender people who tend to be on the higher end of the pay scale

It's funny....few years back Lady Gaga criticized Target for their LGBT stance and actually pulled out of a deal with them. Their stance, by the way, was supporting Emmer for Governor who, as a Republican was conservative in his social views. The gays were picketing out in parking lots then. I might have nudged one with my SUV. Oops.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Nothing to do with bathroom boycotts.... shitty online platform that is being out performed by Amazon and nobody takes on walmart and wins

It's funny....few years back Lady Gaga criticized Target for their LGBT stance and actually pulled out of a deal with them. Their stance, by the way, was supporting Emmer for Governor who, as a Republican was conservative in his social views. The gays were picketing out in parking lots then. I might have nudged one with my SUV. Oops.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Except that 97% of the entire consumer population are not and want nothing to do with lgtbqassholio. Maybe chose the wrong side to back.

:lol: SBUX is also trending down.

:lol: SBUX is also trending down.

:first:

Be funnier if it was true. :dunno:

right? i just looked at the chart and was like wtf is he looking at

I don't think Target realizes that most of its shoppers...tend to be on the higher end of the pay scale

Really? I don't get that vibe... I've always viewed Target as a poor man's JC Penny's or Macy's. I think even Kohl's is higher end than Target. :dunno:

Really? I don't get that vibe... I've always viewed Target as a poor man's JC Penny's or Macy's. I think even Kohl's is higher end than Target. :dunno:

????

jc penny, macy's Kohls dont have pharmacy and groceries

target is an upscale wal mart or k mart

• Like 1

????

Yea I guess that's true.. It is more like an upscale market... Given the limited amount of grocery items they have - I just assume go to a real grocery store.

????

Agreed, although "upscale" is not quite right. "Less unbearable" maybe? :dunno:

Target is just a cleaned up Walmart. Basically the same crap, presented better.

They have a few product lines designed to attract a more stylish consumer, but people are kidding themselves if they think anything they sell is upscale.

Nothing to do with bathroom boycotts.... shitty online platform that is being out performed by Amazon and nobody takes on walmart and wins

Interesting Amazon story... this past Saturday our home cable modem died. As you could imagine it was a family emergency of sorts! I did a quick search of reviews and found an Arris one people liked (on my phone, using data#@!). Then I looked at Best Buy; wasn't in stock in our local store but I could pick it up Tuesday. Then I checked Amazon where we are Prime and it was a little cheaper and... free same day delivery. If you think about it, most people buying a modem are probably in a similar boat -- there old one died and they need one now. If it had been two day delivery and Best Buy had one, I'd have paid a little extra to fix the problem that day. I think Amazon knows this about certain products and offers free same day as a result.

Except that 97% of the entire consumer population are not and want nothing to do with lgtbqassholio. Maybe chose the wrong side to back.

Over 1 million people signed the petition.

Target is just a cleaned up Walmart. Basically the same crap, presented better.

They have a few product lines designed to attract a more stylish consumer, but people are kidding themselves if they think anything they sell is upscale.

Plus its more expensive. We go there so we don't have to deal with the Walmart Cooters.

That statement makes me feel too bourgie. :(

Plus its more expensive. We go there so we don't have to deal with the Walmart Cooters.

That statement makes me feel too bourgie. :(

Yea it's a less ghetto place to shop. Usually the people who shop there are your upper middle class to richer folks. They would rather go there because you won't see someone who has more fingers than they do teeth.

Yea it's a less ghetto place to shop. Usually the people who shop there are your upper middle class to richer folks. They would rather go there because you won't see someone who has more fingers than they do teeth.

So you think upper and middle class people shop at Target? Guess what? They don't have to.

So you think upper and middle class people shop at Target? Guess what? They don't have to.

Yea I do. A lot of the people I have seen and know that shop there are middle and upper class. My sister being one of them who won't go to Walmart unless she absolutely needs to and will only go to Harris Teeter and Target for things

Brick n mortars will come back when people get tired of having their packages ripped off from their porches.

right? i just looked at the chart and was like wtf is he looking at

Do you know what trending down means?

Here I painted you a simple picture: http://imgur.com/a/kSMFs

Do you see how the line has a downward slope? That means "trending down"

For perspective if you looked at SBUX from 2012 - 2015 you would say the stock is "trending up"