So is dogecoin or ethereum or any of the others going to put Bitcoin out of business? 

No?

So wait. 

We've lived with the dollar forever. 

And Bitcoin is going to replace the dollar. 

And Ethereum is going to replace bitcoin? 

Or just the dollar is going away and we are gonna have 3,000 forms of this other currency floating around?

And how are you going to say how much Ethereum you have ? Is it going to be valued in bitcoin ? "Right now I have 24 bitcoin worth of ethereum"  

Smooth. 

41 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So is dogecoin or ethereum or any of the others going to put Bitcoin out of business? 

No?

So wait. 

Or just the dollar is going away and we are gonna have 3,000 forms of this other currency floating around?

And how are you going to say how much Ethereum you have ? Is it going to be valued in bitcoin ? "Right now I have 24 bitcoin worth of ethereum"  

Smooth. 

No.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

You can use what ever value you want, USD, Euro, BTC, gold, silver, amazon stock. 

2 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

No?

So wait. 

Smooth. 

It will be measured in satoshi's. In the end there will be bitcoin and maybe a few other currencies. 

The importance is the government is going to screw you over and over and over again by devaluing the dollar. You can't trust any other form of currency not to inflate.

Bitcoin can be dual purpose store of value and currency if people want it so. It isn't inflatable.

Maybe you should think about what side you support. The government focking you over, or the monetary revolution. If you actually did some real research into bitcoin you would get it

8 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Doge $0.58

WTF

I think it’s officially the best commodity in the history of investment as far as gain. Something like 11,000x in a year or something. A shiitcoin that’s purely a meme is the best investment in investing history…so stupid.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I think it’s officially the best commodity in the history of investment as far as gain. Something like 11,000x in a year or something. A shiitcoin that’s purely a meme is the best investment in investing history…so stupid.

Not going to make us millions but son bought at $.08 and me at $.13. Just for sh1ts and giggles. 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If you actually did some real research into bitcoin you would get it

I did some research.  Said its gonna collapse and many will lose money.  In fact hundreds of links saying it will fail.

If I post some links showing it will fail, you'll switch to that side, right?  

I mean, research and links = truth, right? 

Or wait, the links I find are wrong, and the links you find are right?  Holy crap!   You're good!

Why have you been holding back?! Give me some other tips on stocks and investments that are guaranteed winners!  \

All I'm saying is...this is like everything else. You have links showing masks work, I found links showing they don't.

You have links with doctor saying covid is real, I have some links with doctors saying its a farce.

And there is nothing to GET or not to GET.  Someone will be right and someone will be wrong.  Its just a matter of my personal experience, says stay away.  Yours say "buy".   Hindsight at this point says "shoulda bought" --- the same was said for Bre-X and 90s bubble stocks.  Many made millions, so how can anyone say the 90s wasn't great for stocks? 

And...most importantly, why are your links better?   What makes you smarter at investing?  

How old are you and what's your net worth and how did you accumulate your assets?

If you tell me you're a millionaire and you bought this and it went up, and you bought that and it went up, and pick winners most of the time, then you may have valid arguments.  Otherwise, its a "hunch".

6 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I did some research.  Said its gonna collapse and many will lose money.  In fact hundreds of links saying it will fail.

Or wait, the links I find are wrong, and the links you find are right?  Holy crap!   You're good!

Why have you been holding back?! Give me some other tips on stocks and investments that are guaranteed winners!  \

All I'm saying is...this is like everything else. You have links showing masks work, I found links showing they don't.

You have links with doctor saying covid is real, I have some links with doctors saying its a farce.

And there is nothing to GET or not to GET.  Someone will be right and someone will be wrong.  Its just a matter of my personal experience, says stay away.  Yours say "buy".   Hindsight at this point says "shoulda bought" --- the same was said for Bre-X and 90s bubble stocks.  Many made millions, so how can anyone say the 90s wasn't great for stocks? 

And...most importantly, why are your links better?   What makes you smarter at investing?  

How old are you and what's your net worth and how did you accumulate your assets?

If you tell me you're a millionaire and you bought this and it went up, and you bought that and it went up, and pick winners most of the time, then you may have valid arguments.  Otherwise, its a "hunch".

Quadrupling down on being wrong. Smart move. We will revisit in 10 more years when bitcoin is still kicking

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Before you get all pithy with me, go listen to bitcoin episodes of the investors podcast. I have linked it at least once.

Using electronic money to buy tangible items it the current trend.  I suspect the trend will continue meaning less investing and more spending causing the price to stabilize. 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Quadrupling down on being wrong. Smart move. We will revisit in 10 more years when bitcoin is still kicking

It very well might be still kicking.  Is it going up til then?

Why is your link to the info saying "yay" vs the link saying "nay" is the correct link? 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Using electronic money to buy tangible items it the current trend.  I suspect the trend will continue meaning less investing and more spending causing the price to stabilize. 

At some point in the next few years, the central bank will create a crypto USD. Note: These already exist (USDTr, USDC, GUSD etc...) but the central bank doesn't own any of them. This crypto will be government-backed and used to replace the USD. There's no reason not to.

I also predict people (especially on my side of the aisle) will HATE this new coin and it will be very contentious. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

At some point in the next few years, the central bank will create a crypto USD. Note: These already exist (USDTr, USDC, GUSD etc...) but the central bank doesn't own any of them. This crypto will be government-backed and used to replace the USD. There's no reason not to.

I also predict people (especially on my side of the aisle) will HATE this new coin and it will be very contentious. 

People who are skeptical on bitcoin or anti bitcoin need to think about it like this:

If bitcoin or something similar was never created, the US government would have eventually created its own form of digital currency. You do not want US digital currency since its even easier to track what you do and manipulate the money

Bitcoin beat them to the punch and has already grown too much to defeat. It is the anti centralized currency that you should be rooting for. Think about it, a money that cant be inflated. Thats huge! Governments can't confiscate it.

You people who hate government control and interference should be all over bitcoin. Instead there are a lot of people that are scared it will go down once they buy in.

Listen to the podcast I posted

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

People who are skeptical on bitcoin or anti bitcoin need to think about it like this:

If bitcoin or something similar was never created, the US government would have eventually created its own form of digital currency. You do not want US digital currency since its even easier to track what you do and manipulate the money

Bitcoin beat them to the punch and has already grown too much to defeat. It is the anti centralized currency that you should be rooting for. Think about it, a money that cant be inflated. Thats huge! Governments can't confiscate it.

You people who hate government control and interference should be all over bitcoin. Instead there are a lot of people that are scared it will go down once they buy in.

I agree in principle with a lot of what you're saying. But I do not agree bitcoin will be THE digital currency. The banks will never allow that. Bitcoin is digital gold. Just like real gold can be used as a currency it's not ideal. The same can be said for bitcoin.

The central banks will create a digital currency. It's only a matter of time.

I agree in principle with a lot of what you're saying. But I do not agree bitcoin will be THE digital currency. The banks will never allow that. Bitcoin is digital gold. Just like real gold can be used as a currency it's not ideal. The same can be said for bitcoin.

The central banks will create a digital currency. It's only a matter of time.

It all depends on capital gains. If it stays in place then probably not. If the government eventually removes it, which I doubt, then it could become the currency to use also.

For us guys late to the party is there anywhere to find value at this point?

Also thoughts on COIN being a good investment?

16 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

You're not late. The first inning just ended.

I would start with buying bitcoin. It's ALT season right now so everything is pumping, but Bitcoin is trading sideways.

49 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

Buy btc. Money will rotate in and it will explode again. Then after bitcoin explodes, money will rotate into alts again

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Inflation is a pretty useful tool against recession.  In fact, if it wasn't for inflation, the mountain of debt the US and every other country in the world is under would crush the world economy.  

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Inflation is a pretty useful tool against recession.  In fact, if it wasn't for inflation, the mountain of debt the US and every other country in the world is under would crush the world economy.  

So its necessary to devalue our currency constantly? That seems unsustainable. The problem is the amount of debt that is created gets created out of thin air. There are less and less dollars that back actual debt which is now spiraling out of control.

31 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

@Cdub100 Ok I sold my coinbase stock at a nice loss, you can expect a miraculous rally as soon as this week. 

Thanks buddy. Should I buy more to bring my cost basis down?

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Thanks buddy. Should I buy more to bring my cost basis down?

I’d sell the house, take out loans, sell kidney, whatever it takes to get in more. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

I’d sell the house, take out loans, sell kidney, whatever it takes to get in more. 

My cost average for COIN is $379 :mad: :wall:

Oh well, I'll hold this focker to zero if I have to.

My cost average for COIN is $379 :mad: :wall:

Oh well, I'll hold this focker to zero if I have to.

You don’t have to.   Buy more and DCA down.  If you believe in it, why not?  Maybe even take profit on other coins to DCA down.

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

You don’t have to.   Buy more and DCA down.  If you believe in it, why not?  Maybe even take profit on other coins to DCA down.

"Take profit".... I know what each of those words mean individually but together they don't make any sense to me. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

"Take profit".... I know what each of those words mean individually but together they don't make any sense to me. 

👌

This is one I like.  https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hoge-finance/

In 4 words: Memes, Deflationary, Auto Staking, and Charity.

Like DOGE, but Defi and they have a plan. The developers are super transparent,  and a big community behind them.  Every time someone buys, they burn 1%, and split up the additional 1% to current wallet holders.    I earn a couple hundred coins in auto staking a day right now.   

Only a couple of months old, but worth some pocket money on it at this price.  It's not in US markets yet but sounds like it's coming, but there are other ways to buy it, i.e. Whitebit.  

1 hour ago, rurbaniak said:

This is one I like.  https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hoge-finance/

In 4 words: Memes, Deflationary, Auto Staking, and Charity.

Like DOGE, but Defi and they have a plan. The developers are super transparent,  and a big community behind them.  Every time someone buys, they burn 1%, and split up the additional 1% to current wallet holders.    I earn a couple hundred coins in auto staking a day right now.   

Only a couple of months old, but worth some pocket money on it at this price.  It's not in US markets yet but sounds like it's coming, but there are other ways to buy it, i.e. Whitebit.  

I can’t figure it out

8 hours ago, rurbaniak said:

Every time someone buys, they burn 1%, and split up the additional 1% to current wallet holders

Sort of like this: 

https://blog.infinitemlmsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2x2-matrix-mlm-software.png

Is it possible that cryptocurrencies will all become worthless like Beanie Babies and pets.com stock?

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

Is it possible that cryptocurrencies will all become worthless like Beanie Babies and pets.com stock?

Yes, litterally everything has that possibility.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peenie said:

I would say the odds of bitcoin becoming worthless is very slim. Not impossible, but the adoption is increasing rapidly. Buy some and just hold it

42 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

So please explain the process of Oakland A’s accepting DogeCoin. 
How does that work? 

If it was me I would probably have a couple of dedicated Hot and Cold wallets to store the coin. When people go to pay the program I would use would generate a new wallet address for the person to send the coin to. That way I know who it's coming from. Then that wallet would send the coin to the hot wallet. Every so often I would move some of the coin from the hot wallet to a cold storage wallet.

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I would say the odds of bitcoin becoming worthless is very slim. Not impossible, but the adoption is increasing rapidly. Buy some and just hold it

So what happens if EVERYONE takes that advice, buy and hold---what happens?

41 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I don't understand hypothetical questions like this.

If it was me I would probably have a couple of dedicated Hot and Cold wallets to store the coin. When people go to pay the program I would use would generate a new wallet address for the person to send the coin to. That way I know who it's coming from. Then that wallet would send the coin to the hot wallet. Every so often I would move some of the coin from the hot wallet to a cold storage wallet.

I’m so out of touch on this - even this confuses me. What is a wallet (besides what I used to carry in my back pocket with a chain to my front pocket). 
This how noob I am. 

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Every time someone asks a question like this the first thing that pops into my mind is What if your aunt had balls?

Then bitcoin will be worth a lot more in the future to the people who bought and held

Bitcoin is literally the foundation for the entire financial system of the future. Everything will be built on top of bitcoin.

Imagine if you could have just bought a chunk of the internet 10-12 years after it was invented. As the internet grew your investment grew. Think about that ROI. Thats basically what's going to happen with bitcoin

28 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I’m so out of touch on this - even this confuses me. What is a wallet (besides what I used to carry in my back pocket with a chain to my front pocket). 
This how noob I am. 

A wallet is a place you store your coin. instead of it being in your pocket it's on your phone/computer. There are different kinds of wallets.

Hot wallet - Think of it as a bank account. It's connected to the internet. It can be a website or a program you run on your computer or phone. You can move money into and out of it pretty much instantaneously.

Cold Wallet - Instead of a bank account it's a physical wallet with a lock. Like this https://trezor.io/. You put your money/coins in and nobody can access it through the internet nor can they open the wallet without your key. In order to move coins around you have to connect it to the internet.

So how do I move money around you might ask?

In order to move money around you have to tell people where to send the money. Those are the super long address that looks like this for bitcoin: bc1q05l89t0t4rq70k9hquxjdqz4lg3l4y3n13uu06 (note: I changed some numbers around so that is not my actual wallet). This is kind of like your bank account number. However, it's public and you can look at all my transactions. I changed my address cause I don't need you clowns seeing my sh1t.

*Special note each crypto has its own address type. If you try to send bitcoin to a dogecoin address the bitcoin will be lost forever and you'll never get it back.