On 5/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, Cdub100 said:

Thanks buddy. Should I buy more to bring my cost basis down?

What did I tell you? Within 2 market days, meteoric rise back to almost 290. You think I’m joking when I say my powers are magic.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

What did I tell you? Within 2 market days, meteoric rise back to almost 290. You think I’m joking when I say my powers are magic.

You have a gift.

20 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Or if you just didn't sell you could have made back some money. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Or if you just didn't sell you could have made back some money. 

You're not understanding his superpower. I am now a firm believer.

Sold my DOGE Coin after SNL, waited it out, got back to .55, and bought my lambo.  Paper hands people!

We should be used to the volatility by now.  But, it still bugs me that one comment from Musk can cause a 15-20% after hours drop.  

41 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

We should be used to the volatility by now.  But, it still bugs me that one comment from Musk can cause a 15-20% after hours drop.  

It creates great opportunities to buy more. Its coming back already

11 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It creates great opportunities to buy more. Its coming back already

I wish I had money to dump in. I'm crypto Rich but cash poor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vuduchile said:

it still bugs me that one comment from Musk can cause a 15-20% after hours drop. 

Yep.  That's .....I dunno.  Bullsh!t.

These guys....I mean...pick any of them really. 

Take some turd like Lebron James.  A nobody other than he can shoot a basketball.  Useless to society.

Day 1 -- Buys Bitcoin or invests in a company or stock for $20.

Day 2 -- Announcement made "Lebron James" invests huge in "XYZ" People start buying. Over the next weeks some at 20, some at 23, some at 27, some at 30. Etc.

Day 3 -- Everyone rushes to buy. (I mean if Lebron James says its a great investment, then by gollly....buy it!)

Day 38 - Lebron Sells at 30.

Day 39 - Announcement made he sold, and Lebron says "I lost confidence in the company" Price goes down. 

He was able to create a buying and selling opportunity for himself.  Musk can do the same, so can many of the "important" (lol) people.

Happens with Warren Buffet all the focking time.

He'll buy 3 bazillion shares of a stock. Word gets out that he bought 3 bazillion shares and the price skyrockets.

Then people say "Geez. What a genius.  How did he see that coming?" 

13 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Take some turd like Lebron James.  A nobody other than he can shoot a basketball.  Useless to society.

Day 2 -- Announcement made "Lebron James" invests huge in "XYZ" People start buying. Over the next weeks some at 20, some at 23, some at 27, some at 30. Etc.

Day 3 -- Everyone rushes to buy. (I mean if Lebron James says its a great investment, then by gollly....buy it!)

Day 39 - Announcement made he sold, and Lebron says "I lost confidence in the company" Price goes down. 

He was able to create a buying and selling opportunity for himself.  Musk can do the same, so can many of the "important" (lol) people.

He'll buy 3 bazillion shares of a stock. Word gets out that he bought 3 bazillion shares and the price skyrockets.

Just follow FrozenBeerNuts.  He has this crypto investing licked.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I wish I had money to dump in. I'm crypto Rich but cash poor.

I literally put my last free dollars into bitcoin at 55k right before Musk made his asinine tweet. I wish I had more to buy at 46. Damn. Oh well 55 is still a good price

54 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Just follow FrozenBeerNuts.  He has this crypto investing licked.

Buy bitcoin and hodl it. Thats it. Thats all you need

Crypto was used to pay the ransom for the pipeline. There has to be some ramifications for the crypto market due to that. 

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I haven't bought individual stocks since 2008. Some ETF's and my wife's 401K are our only stock market exposure.   But I don't remember most stocks being quite this volatile.  This crypto roller coaster makes the whole thing feel a bit scammy.  I guess you need a day trader's mentality to make this work.  Anyway,  I'll ride the bitcoin I have but I'm not buying more in the near future.  

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Crypto was used to pay the ransom for the pipeline. There has to be some ramifications for the crypto market due to that. 

Why? Cash is used in countless crimes every day. Should USD see ramifications?

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I haven't bought individual stocks since 2008. Some ETF's and my wife's 401K are our only stock market exposure.   But I don't remember most stocks being quite this volatile.  This crypto roller coaster makes the whole thing feel a bit scammy.  I guess you need a day trader's mentality to make this work.  Anyway,  I'll ride the bitcoin I have but I'm not buying more in the near future.  

The day trader mentality is not the mentality a regular person needs to have. The regular person needs a set it and forget it mentality. Don't look at it every day.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Why? Cash is used in countless crimes every day. Should USD see ramifications?

5 million in cash is a bit more difficult to transfer in a situation like this. And the cash is traceable. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

5 million in cash is a bit more difficult to transfer in a situation like this. And the cash is traceable. 

Its not like every dollar that is used in a crime is tracked down and the person apprehended. If anything a digital footprint seems to be more easy to follow

Trust me that this will not affect crypto in the slightest

38 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Do you know what has 0 volatility? Something that is dead.

Where do people come up with these excuses? Well bitcoin is up a bazillion percent, but sometimes the price goes down a little so I don't like it!

This is the idiocy of the alt coin market. Yes 99.9% of crypto is a pump and dump scam. Bitcoin is not

Volitility is seen everywhere. There are cycles and volatility in your every day lives.

22 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Its not like every dollar that is used in a crime is tracked down and the person apprehended. If anything a digital footprint seems to be more easy to follow

Trust me that this will not affect crypto in the slightest

Maybe but Musk sure as hell caused bitcoin to sh!t the bed.

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it? I 100% guarantee you bitcoin is way easier to trace.

I know you don't really understand crypto but let me explain it. The wallet the bitcoin was sent to is on the public ledger. That means every single transaction from that wallet is known to everyone. A criminal can move that bitcoin a billion different times and it's as easy to trace as A -> B -> C

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maybe but Musk sure as hell caused bitcoin to sh!t the bed.

Buying opportunity. The people who are selling are retarded dog coin holders. I want weak hand morons who follow musk out of the market. Do you know who's buying? The whales. Micro strategies just announced another 15 million dollar purchase. No wale is selling. This can be seen when you look at the top wallets.

25 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Where do people come up with these excuses? Well bitcoin is up a bazillion percent, but sometimes the price goes down a little so I don't like it!

This is the idiocy of the alt coin market. Yes 99.9% of crypto is a pump and dump scam. Bitcoin is not

Volitility is seen everywhere. There are cycles and volatility in your every day lives.

When looking at it from a long-range perspective (as 95% of traders should do) there is no volatility just growth.

20 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Settle down Beevis.  I'm not looking for 0 volatility, but I do want more stability in MOST of my investments. Our real estate, 401K's and ETF's aren't anywhere near this volatile.  

I'm 57 years old and want to semi-retire in 5 years. Everyone's investment goals are different.  

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When looking at it from a long-range perspective (as 95% of traders should do) there is no volatility just growth.

Define long-range

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Last time I heard someone on this board this confident in predicting the future it was a guy predicting hyper inflation and peak oil!  :lol:

Just now, vuduchile said:

Define long-range

Well one year gives you tax advantages so I'd say anything more than that.

31 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What are the other 8 non scams?

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Last time I heard someone on this board this confident in predicting the future it was a guy predicting hyper inflation and peak oil!  :lol:

200% year over year. I'm not predicting anything just following the trend.

Seems like every day I read or hear another story on why bitcoin is done. Still here and probably going to 100k this year.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Well one year gives you tax advantages so I'd say anything more than that.

Again, I'm looking at around 5 years.   I'm not saying I won't ever buy bitcoin again, but for now, I'm just holding what I have.  

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

What are the other 8 non scams?

BTC

ETH

THETA

DOT

ADA

VET

CRO

BNB

• Like 1

Just now, vuduchile said:

Again, I'm looking at around 5 years.   I'm not saying I won't ever buy bitcoin again, but for now, I'm just holding what I have.  

I said 1 year, but whatever. I honestly don't understand what you're looking for. Can you explain?

47 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I said 1 year, but whatever. I honestly don't understand what you're looking for. Can you explain?

Not really looking for magic investment advice.  Just discussion.  The wild swings make me fell uneasy about crypto as a whole.  That's probably because I lost out during the dot.com & housing bubbles.

The HR company I worked for (Kenexa) during the dot.com bubble had secured First Boston to underwrite our IPO just before it popped.  We all had stock options that were going to make us wealthy.  The IPO was aborted, and the options were worthless. Most of our clients were in the tech sector too, so it was only a matter of time before half of us were shown the door.  

During the housing bubble, I worked for Home Depot and had survived 5 management restructures.  I did not survive the 6th.  HD stock had split many times and turned some cashiers into millionaires, but I wasn't one of them.  I joined the company near it's peak and while I had options, many were underwater when I was laid off.  

On 5/5/2021 at 10:19 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

there are a lot of people that are scared it will go down once they buy in.

Those folks are dummies.

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Not really looking for magic investment advice.  Just discussion.  The wild swings make me fell uneasy about crypto as a whole.  That's probably because I lost out during the dot.com housing bubbles.

The HR company I worked for (Kenexa) during the dot.com bubble had secured First Boston to underwrite our IPO just before it popped.  We all had stock options that were going to make us wealthy.  The IPO was aborted, and the options were worthless. Most of our clients were in the tech sector too, so it was only a matter of time before half of us were shown the door.  

During the housing bubble, I worked for Home Depot and had survived 5 management restructures.  I did not survive the 6th.  HD stock had split many times and turned some cashiers into millionaires, but I wasn't one of them.  I joined the company near it's peak and while I had options, many were underwater when I was laid off.  

I'm not a finical advisor even though I play one on the geek club. So nothing I saw should be taken as such. I am sharing my experiences and knowledge.

Your history explains a lot about your trepidation. For me, it's been a long slow climb. People will say oh you're so lucky when it has nothing to do with it. It's about taking calculated risks and looking at long-term goals. 

I had this conversation with my buddy last night. He told me I should my stake and pay off my house and cars. I said no, a person doesn't get rich selling their appreciating assets. I believe in my crypto holdings. I am backing good projects with great teams behind them. I don't back get rich quick meme coins or other garbage. Not all my picks have been winners but most have. If this is going where I think it's going I hope to retire in 5 years. And if it all goes to zero nothing about my life changes. 

I am curious what is your investing strategy? 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 8:52 AM, iam90sbaby said:

What is cryptocurrency?

Wallets:

Coinbase (receive $10 free for your first $100 BTC purchase): https://www.coinbase.com/join/5765a52c047088012e00008d

To buy Altcoin’s (cryptos other than ETH, BTC and LTC) you are going to need fund an exchange account. Two popular ones that will allow you to get all the altcoins you desire are Poloniex and Binance.

Poloniex: http://www.poloniex.com/

Binance: https://www.binance.com/?ref=12137633

Coins I like (in no particular order):

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Litecoin

IOTA

NEO (ANT)

EOS

Lisk

Waves

Steem

Price Charts:

Probably a good idea to link your accounts to https://www.coinigy.com once you have all your exchanges and wallets setup.

OFF-Line Storage:

Keep your B&H crypto investments on offline storage here is a good one: https://trezor.io/?h...57a6f722e636f6d

I also use a compounding interest account with USI tech to make a little extra side cash with 0 to little effort. Here is the link: http://www.cryptomongers.com

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Damn.....you must be one rich sob nowadays :thumbsup:

Elon Musk crippled crypto.. 

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

Damn.....you must be one rich sob nowadays :thumbsup:

Thanks to the covid crash I was able to get into BTC and ETH at 2017 low levels. I was insanely lucky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Elon Musk crippled crypto.. 

Dummies dropping bitcoin and buying ADA (of which I own a lot). Thanks, pappa Musk.