Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

++ Update: Zeke looking at suspension - 6 Games

So Goodell, had well over a year to figure this out, even though the league implemented a black and white policy for this sort of thing. yet, Zeke has 3 business days???

"Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended for six games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy, the league announced Friday. Elliott is expected to appeal the suspension, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Elliott has three business days to file notice of appeal, and a hearing must be scheduled within 10 days of receipt of the notice."

I'm starting a petition. Fire the commish! Fire the commish! Fire the commish! Whose with me boys? Where are the pitchforks?

I don't really get the outrage. Investigations usually take a long time. I believe the rule for days to appeal has always been 3.

I don't really get the outrage. Investigations usually take a long time. I believe the rule for days to appeal has always been 3.

You don't get it? The police couldn't find enough evidence to charge him with anything (let alone convict him), yet Goodell and his crack team of private dicks crack the case? gtfo

• Like 1

You don't get it? The police couldn't find enough evidence to charge him with anything (let alone convict him), yet Goodell and his crack team of private dicks crack the case? gtfo

The "Personal Conduct Policy" WHICH THE PLAYERS UNION AGREES WITH, has nothing to do with whether there is legal action. As we all know, only a very small portion of women press charges for abuse so the guy very rarely ever gets charged. Just because you didn't get arrested / go to jail / have charges filed against you, it doesn't mean you're innocent.

• Like 1

Fans are sick of Goodell masquerading as this all knowing and super duper genius commish who can and will do whatever he wants with no explanation of anything.

I have to believe that the owners are growing tired of it too.

Also, if it took this long as a stupid PR move to keep the NFL in the news, that's just dumb, dumb, dumb. The NFL in the news for bad stuff. That's dumb. The NFL in the news for players associated with domestic abuse. Dumb! It's all really nauseating.

Fans are sick of Goodell masquerading as this all knowing and super duper genius commish who can and will do whatever he wants with no explanation of anything.

So wait, the NFLPA gave Goodell the power to "... do whatever he wants with no explanation of anything," and now your mad because he's doing it?

Quit comparing the NFL to the outside world. They are not the same.

One theory I had was that maybe the police did not have the time and resources to go further with the case. We hear about instances like that all the time, especially when witnesses and the victim don't cooperate. The NFL has plenty of time and money and can dive much deeper into a case like this.

I think we've all seen enough cop shows and movies to know that there are a lot of cases that get closed even though there is a lot more to it. That's why people will hire outside agencies to investigate more.

I have to believe that the owners are growing tired of it too.

Also, if it took this long as a stupid PR move to keep the NFL in the news, that's just dumb, dumb, dumb. The NFL in the news for bad stuff. That's dumb. The NFL in the news for players associated with domestic abuse. Dumb! It's all really nauseating.

Goodell didn't even come to this conclusion by himself this time. He used other advisers to help.

So wait, the NFLPA gave Goodell the power to "... do whatever he wants with no explanation of anything," and now your mad because he's doing it?

Article 46 of the CBA enables the Commissioner to impose any penalty for any reason as he sees fit, warranted or unwarranted, and there is nothing the players union can do about it (save renegotiate that provision in a future CBA).

Article 46 of the CBA enables the Commissioner to impose any penalty for any reason as he sees fit, warranted or unwarranted, and there is nothing the players union can do about it (save renegotiate that provision in a future CBA).

There's the old saying, "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Look, the owners wanted this as they wanted the commish to try to clean up the image of the league. I get that part of it. There's a right way and a wrong way. I'm thinking 4-6 maybe 7 months, pass down this same suspension and maybe let a reasonable appeal bring down to 3 games and the entire process take 7.5 months tops. Then, the player can move on, the team can move on, the league can move on, the sports media can move on and the fans can move on with their lives. Mostly move on to more positive stories about the NFL and it's players.

The commish is doing a terrible job in my opinion, and I'd bet it's a very popular opinion.

So a guy assaults a DJ, pulls down a woman's top, and is quite possibly physically abusive to his ex girlfriend, and people are mad at the commish? The evidence pointing to Elliot being a dirtbag of human is mounting,and people are defending him because he happens to be good at football.

There's the old saying, "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Look, the owners wanted this as they wanted the commish to try to clean up the image of the league. I get that part of it. There's a right way and a wrong way. I'm thinking 4-6 maybe 7 months, pass down this same suspension and maybe let a reasonable appeal bring down to 3 games and the entire process take 7.5 months tops. Then, the player can move on, the team can move on, the league can move on, the sports media can move on and the fans can move on with their lives. Mostly move on to more positive stories about the NFL and it's players.

The commish is doing a terrible job in my opinion, and I'd bet it's a very popular opinion.

If he actually did physically abuse his GF then why doesn't he deserve 6 games? Kaepernick took a knee during the anthem and people went ape over him ever playing again. Zeke, Rice, AP and others beat another human and people are asking the league to pump the breaks on suspensions because they're too good not to play? This is what bothers me, not how Goodell does his job.

If he actually did physically abuse his GF then why doesn't he deserve 6 games? Kaepernick took a knee during the anthem and people went ape over him ever playing again. Zeke, Rice, AP and others beat another human and people are asking the league to pump the breaks on suspensions because they're too good not to play? This is what bothers me, not how Goodell does his job.

Then he should do his job and suspend him. FFS I could have completed this in 30 days or less. It's not CSI, right??

I don't care if they ban him, Rice, and AP forever. I don't care at all. Just do something. Don't sit around acting like the king for 13 months. It's ridiculous!!!!

Consider this as well, maybe if Goodell had actually done his job right in the beginning and passed down the "already assigned suspension value" for this offense, maybe, just mabye Zeke would have sat out, missed out on games and paychecks and maybe just maybe checked his behavior a little bit.

Same with Brady. Investigation was inconclusive, yet King Goodell can and will do whatever he wants because he can. Well, yeah and it makes him look BAD!!! Makes the NFL look BAD!!!!

The "Personal Conduct Policy" WHICH THE PLAYERS UNION AGREES WITH, has nothing to do with whether there is legal action. As we all know, only a very small portion of women press charges for abuse so the guy very rarely ever gets charged. Just because you didn't get arrested / go to jail / have charges filed against you, it doesn't mean you're innocent.

Actually, not getting arrested/go to jail/have charges filed against you does mean you're innocent in our legal system. May want to check your Constitution.

Why not ban him for life, just in case he might be a serial killer?

If he abused a woman he should be in jail. Same as Rice or anyone else. But I've had about enough of this 'we have to believe anything a woman says at all costs' . Any idea how many restraining orders are filed by women in divorce proceedings, just to get the husband out of the house?

Then he should do his job and suspend him. FFS I could have completed this in 30 days or less. It's not CSI, right??

I don't care if they ban him, Rice, and AP forever. I don't care at all. Just do something. Don't sit around acting like the king for 13 months. It's ridiculous!!!!

Consider this as well, maybe if Goodell had actually done his job right in the beginning and passed down the "already assigned suspension value" for this offense, maybe, just mabye Zeke would have sat out, missed out on games and paychecks and maybe just maybe checked his behavior a little bit.

Same with Brady. Investigation was inconclusive, yet King Goodell can and will do whatever he wants because he can. Well, yeah and it makes him look BAD!!! Makes the NFL look BAD!!!!

Two reasons the NFL took so long.

1. While the commish doesn't need to prove without a reasonable doubt like in a criminal court case, he still has to have just cause and evidence hat can survive a civil court case. As soon as the lawyers get involved, the evidence has to be thorough and compelling enough to win appeals and court cases. The NFL still has to prove it had just cause for what it did, and when you have potentially millions of dollars on the line, you don't do anything without on impulse.

2. Timing. Do you really think it was random for them to come out with this right when preseason was starting? If this came out in the summer, it would have been the only NFL story being discussed for a month. Now it'll be front page for today, and some of the follow up stories may be discussed, but overall it's just one of several NFL stories today and one of many this week. There will be more stories in the coming weeks about preseason games and how teams are looking for the regular season. It'll become a blip, instead of a month long, single NFL discussion piece.

So a guy assaults a DJ, pulls down a woman's top, and is quite possibly physically abusive to his ex girlfriend, and people are mad at the commish? The evidence pointing to Elliot being a dirtbag of human is mounting,and people are defending him because he happens to be good at football.

are you ignorant of the details, or just dense? the 'assault' story is entirely based on unclear tweets, which multiple independent eyewitnesses refuted. the ex girlfriend is a demonstrated liar (which he own team admitted), who tried to get her friend to lie (which her own friend revealed), and explicitly stated her intent to "ruin your career" (her words).

and despite doing exactly what she threatened to do, and being caught lying about it, you seem to believe her despite the fact that all the eyewitness reports exonerate elliott, and no physical evidence has been presented that implicates him.

no rational person could hold that position. i understand clown shoes goodell's stupidity, because he's trying to compensate for his earlier stupidity. i understand the lead investigator's stupidity, because she's a rabid giants fan.

so what is the origin of yours?

are you ignorant of the details, or just dense? the 'assault' story is entirely based on unclear tweets, which multiple independent eyewitnesses refuted. the ex girlfriend is a demonstrated liar (which he own team admitted), who tried to get her friend to lie (which her own friend revealed), and explicitly stated her intent to "ruin your career" (her words).

and despite doing exactly what she threatened to do, and being caught lying about it, you seem to believe her despite the fact that all the eyewitness reports exonerate elliott, and no physical evidence has been presented that implicates him.

no rational person could hold that position. i understand clown shoes goodell's stupidity, because he's trying to compensate for his earlier stupidity. i understand the lead investigator's stupidity, because she's a rabid giants fan.

Unless you're Elliot or his mother, you are way too sensitive. It's okay, you'll grow up one day, just like Elliot will.

I see you only mention the girlfriend case but can't deny the other situations. The girlfriend case wasn't prosecuted due to some of the reason you pointed out. Even still, he has repeatedly shown poor judgement, and continues to do things only low life life, immature adults do. His continued immaturity, causes him to lose the benefit of the doubt about being a decent human.

Have him as my keeper in my 14 team league. Keepers are due tomorrow sat the 12th. I lose my first rounder and I pick in the 14th hole. Thinking of putting him back and re drafting him in the second to start his keeper time over and move him down a round. Or I just might keep in and hope that he files an injunction like Brady did. Good thing is im the 14th pick I guess.

Yes this is my main league.

You better be one very good manager to survive 8 weeks without your 2nd round pick in a competitive league. I'm willing to try it in a public league but I'm not going to take the risk in my main league. Some do like a good challenge though.

Unless you're Elliot or his mother, you are way too sensitive. It's okay, you'll grow up one day, just like Elliot will.

I see you only mention the girlfriend case but can't deny the other situations. The girlfriend case wasn't prosecuted due to some of the reason you pointed out. Even still, he has repeatedly shown poor judgement, and continues to do things only low life life, immature adults do. His continued immaturity, causes him to lose the benefit of the doubt.

what other situations? he was suspended for the DV issue--that's what matters. and the accuser in the DV issue has repeatedly lied in her story about the DV--her own lawyers admit it. her own friend admitted it. every eyewitness says it. the police acknowledge it.

but you think her word is good.

:lol:

###### joke. Racist Goodell strikes again. Keep letting Jesus Brady and the Pats make a mockery of the league, and just worry about suspending guys over 'allegations'

Guess you missed that 4 game suspension Brady served?

I believe the police need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it.

to qualify for a civil lawsuit (and likely an NFL suspension) you just need to cross the 50-50 threshold.

so if it appears that he did it more likely than not but you cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it, then no charges are laid, but a civil lawsuit can be done.

I suspect suspensions are supposed to work the same way, but in reality Goodell does what he wants and this keeps the NFL in the news, so it's to his advantage to do it regardless of the facts.

what other situations? he was suspended for the DV issue--that's what matters. and the accuser in the DV issue has repeatedly lied in her story about the DV--her own lawyers admit it. her own friend admitted it. every eyewitness says it. the police acknowledge it.

but you think her word is good.

:lol:

You laugh at me, yet you have no idea what they found in the investigation. The only thing you know is that police couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt, which isn't exactly saying he did nothing. It just means that they can't prove it.

In order for the NFL to suspend him, there has to be some evidence that points to something going down between them. Maybe, it can't be proven without a reasonable doubt, but there's enough evidence that points to something going on to give them cause to suspend him. He has shown that he has a lack of judgement, that he doesn't respect women and can be aggressive. Why is it so hard for people to think that there's a better than 50/50 chance that he physically did something to her?

###### joke. Racist Goodell strikes again. Keep letting Jesus Brady and the Pats make a mockery of the league, and just worry about suspending guys over 'allegations'

Ohhh... The race card. Actually didnt expect this from this board. Brady gets 4 games for air pressure of footballs, and Elliot only gets 6 for being a public menace. Goodell must be racist...against white people.

In the world, people can get fired from their jobs for just about any bad image they give off publicly. Elliot just cant keep himself out of the negative headlines.

I'm glad this is such a high number of games, from a drafting perspective. If it's 2-4 then I'm not sure how much I need to downgrade, but 6 means I will let someone else take the hit.

I'm glad this is such a high number of games, from a drafting perspective. If it's 2-4 then I'm not sure how much I need to downgrade, but 6 means I will let someone else take the hit.

Just imagine what will happen when he gets in more trouble during his suspension.

Glad he got 6. Guy has to be as dumb as . Making millions of dollars playing a game and continues to be an . Maybe he'll f up again and get kicked out for good. For those apologists, think what your employer would do if you pulled the this guy has done.

Actually, not getting arrested/go to jail/have charges filed against you does mean you're innocent in our legal system. May want to check your Constitution.

LOL, yeah... ok.

wow. You should look in the mirror concerning stupidity. Crazy how you think this guy is a good guy and so pure of nature. He cant stay out of trouble and employers in this country can suspend or fire someone based on their conduct. Stick up for the guy all you want, but you dont have a clue about business.

LOL, yeah... ok.

So in your world, if someone makes a claim against you, you're automatically guilty and should be punished. Cool. Sounds like North Korea or Iran.

So in your world, if someone makes a claim against you, you're automatically guilty and should be punished. Cool. Sounds like North Korea or Iran.

Incorrect take on that statement. You said earlier hes innocent since hes not in jail. A lot of guilty people dont go to jail. Elliott is an immature idiot and you stick up for him because he is black. You must be some old angry racist or a college kid who doesnt know what to fight for.

let's not get into name calling over an internet debate eh?

the kid's a dumbass, like a lot of other young people. I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was in my early 20s.

Goody gave him six, they'll appeal down to 3 and hopefully he learns his lesson.

It's almost like we require video anymore.....or it didn't happen.

Incorrect take on that statement. You said earlier hes innocent since hes not in jail. A lot of guilty people dont go to jail. Elliott is an immature idiot and you stick up for him because he is black. You must be some old angry racist or a college kid who doesnt know what to fight for.

Stick up for him cause he's black? lol. ya ok. i'm sticking up for him because we're a nation of laws, and the amount of false claims and fake news against people nowadays is beyond pathetic. Plus, I have him in a keeper league.

I also said he's innocent because he wasn't arrested, charged, or found guilty in a court of law. Pretty much a founding principle of this country

let's not get into name calling over an internet debate eh?

the kid's a dumbass, like a lot of other young people. I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was in my early 20s.

Goody gave him six, they'll appeal down to 3 and hopefully he learns his lesson.

Actually i dont think he appeals down to 3 successfully. Maybe 5 or 4? Although, he may get it pushed into next year. For keeper leagues, this is a very interesting situation.

Stick up for him cause he's black? lol. ya ok. i'm sticking up for him because we're a nation of laws, and the amount of false claims and fake news against people nowadays is beyond pathetic. Plus, I have him in a keeper league.

I also said he's innocent because he wasn't arrested, charged, or found guilty in a court of law. Pretty much a founding principle of this country

yep. But his employer can suspend him just like my employer can suspend me if im all over the news for driving 100+ mph and having my gf post photos of her bruises from a beating and i say it was a bar fight, and groping a woman not wanting it and being in an altercation in a bar where the person i was in an altercation with was taken to the hospital.

seriously. do you think he is a good employee? he keeps making poor judgements.

yep. But his employer can suspend him just like my employer can suspend me if im all over the news for driving 100+ mph and having my gf post photos of her bruises from a beating and i say it was a bar fight, and groping a woman not wanting it and being in an altercation in a bar where the person i was in an altercation with was taken to the hospital.

seriously. do you think he is a good employee? he keeps making poor judgements.

oh, and by the way, how do you know he is not guilty? only by law? or are you a firm believer that if someone were to hurt some that they are an innocent person in life, if they arent caught?

yep. But his employer can suspend him just like my employer can suspend me if im all over the news for driving 100+ mph and having my gf post photos af her bruises from a beating and i say it wsd a bar fight, and groping a woman not wanting it and being in an altercation in a bar where the person i was in an altercation with was taken to the hospital.

seriously. do you think he is a good employee? he kerps making poor judgements.

I guarantee most guys in the league aren't 'good people'. How many 23 year olds don't have poor judgement?

I can see a player/employee being suspended during a criminal investigation. But to suspend someone years after they've already been cleared of everything by the authorities? Sorry, just doesn't seem right to me.

oh, and by the way, how do you know he is not guilty? only by law? or are you a firm believer that if someone were to hurt some that they are an innocent person in life, if they arent caught?

Of course not. But if I file a complaint with the cops that seafoam1 drugged and raped me, are you automatically guilty? How about after the cops investigate and find nothing, and also discovered that I lied? Anybody can claim anything (especially when there's tons of money involved).