Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Zero RB team results

This is the first time I've done a zero RB draft. I am curious to see some other teams that have done this. I don't like my Rbs, but I feel strong at every other position. 15 round draft, 3 man keeper. Traded Brees, my 3rd keeper, for 59 overall. Kept Diggs and Abdullah. Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex

T. Brady

B. Cooks, D. Baldwin, K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Kupp, R. Andersen,

R. Burkhead, W. Smallwood, De Henderson, C. Carson, T. Cohen, De Washington, Buck Allen, A. Abdullah, K. Hunt, D. McFadden

J. Reed

Let's see your Zero RB team

I tried Zero RB the last two years. Did not turn out well for me. I like the theory, and I think I made some reasonable-at-the-time moves. But I've not had a good couple of years when I tried it. It left me with crap at RB in my keeper league too, so I went heavy-RB this year. I've done well in that league over the years, Zero RB didn't do me any favors. Good luck, though.

Might want to move Hunt up to the front of your pack though. That's a nice grab for not targeting RBs early. Could be the difference maker for you. McF too.

zero RB should not and should never have been a thing. I've been saying it all through the WR heavy craze. It's fine to take a WR in round 1 or even go WR-WR, especially if you pick in the top 3 or so but going WR-WR-WR or then even possibly adding a QB and or TE before taking your first RB is asking for trouble unless your league allows you to start only 1 RB.

Just had my main draft and the #1 overall pick did a WR-WR-WR start. Brown - Hilton - Dem Thomas. Took Powell and Reed on the 4th/5th turn. League must start 2 RB. He does not own any "bell cows", I like Powell in PPR but after powell, most of his RB's are on the short end of time shares or in completely muddled backfields. J-Stew, Burkhead, Hill etc.

• Like 1

This is the first time I've done a zero RB draft. I am curious to see some other teams that have done this. I don't like my Rbs, but I feel strong at every other position. 15 round draft, 3 man keeper. Traded Brees, my 3rd keeper, for 59 overall. Kept Diggs and Abdullah. Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex

T. Brady

R. Burkhead, W. Smallwood, De Henderson, C. Carson, T. Cohen, De Washington, Buck Allen, A. Abdullah, K. Hunt, D. McFadden

J. Reed

you'll be good at RB with Khunt and DMC for the start of the season but frankly, your WR's are really not good enough for this to have been a "zero RB" strategy. I hapen to like them but you went "zero RB" and managed to not get a top 9 ADP receiver? I know you have 3 top 15's and Brady and Reed.... and it was a keeper league.... but still.

You have Five WRs that will be wr1 on their own teams I like that good job.

Brady will he's a HOF so that's always good.

Reed if he can stay on field is a winner.

And the Rbs are a little questionable, but with the news of Warw coming and it sounds like he will miss about half the season Hunt is a rb1 now. McFadden gives you five games of a good rb2.

Abdullah could be stepping up this season, and in ppr I like the pick up of D Washington.

Plus some other Rbs that could step up and become more then we see them being now.

Good Job, and go win a title.

you'll be good at RB with Khunt and DMC for the start of the season but frankly, your WR's are really not good enough for this to have been a "zero RB" strategy. I hapen to like them but you went "zero RB" and managed to not get a top 9 ADP receiver? I know you have 3 top 15's and Brady and Reed.... and it was a keeper league.... but still.

I was short on draft picks from trades last year so I moved back from the 1/2 turn. I would've had Jordy Nelson and TY Hilton in hindsight, but I like Cooks/Baldwin as much. My first pick was 23, 24, 25. I'm putting a lot of weight on Brady/Cooks stack... we will see what happens.

Nobody else did this? I mean, I never have before or will again, but I know I've read some of you guys talking about how great it is.

It's hard to do in a keeper league. Zero RB--or zero WR, or QB/TE, or any other asymmetric strategy--is about exploiting value in a unique way. In a keeper league, the top tier players at each position are usually off the board, so you can't really build your advantage as cleanly. You're dipping into the middle of the talent pool a couple rounds earlier.

I think waiting till the 5th or 6th for your first RB could work this year if 4 rookie RBs weren't being drafted by the end of 3rd round. Usually when players have a good profile but no track record there's a bit of a discount in their draft day price, but no such luck this year.

I was short on draft picks from trades last year so I moved back from the 1/2 turn. I would've had Jordy Nelson and TY Hilton in hindsight, but I like Cooks/Baldwin as much. My first pick was 23, 24, 25. I'm putting a lot of weight on Brady/Cooks stack... we will see what happens.

Nobody else did this? I mean, I never have before or will again, but I know I've read some of you guys talking about how great it is.

it was a fad for a few seasons.

you can win with any draft style but personally I think you put yourself behind the 8 ball when you ignore RB.

1. bell cow RBs or top performing PPR RBs are harder and harder to come by.

2. WR is so deep

3. when the season starts and waiver darlings begin to pop up, EVERYONE flocks to the RBs. Much harder to pluck one of them.

it was a fad for a few seasons.

you can win with any draft style but personally I think you put yourself behind the 8 ball when you ignore RB.

1. bell cow RBs or top performing PPR RBs are harder and harder to come by.

2. WR is so deep

3. when the season starts and waiver darlings begin to pop up, EVERYONE flocks to the RBs. Much harder to pluck one of them.

Yeah, I agree with all those points. I think my draft was Zero RB, but also BPA which is what I expected and the reason I went that route.

I don't like my RBs, but was interested to see some draft results in standard redraft league's.

I did one this morning (my first ever). I also took a QB way earlier than I have in probably 10 years or so. PPR, 10 team, drafted 4th

QB Brady/Palmer

RB Cook/Martin/Blount/Kelley/Perine

WR AB/M.Thomas/Cooks/Williams(SD)/Marv Jones/Kupp

TE Graham

D Seattle

K Walsh

Your WRs still look weak.

But Montana has a more zero RB looking group of WRs. That's how to do it.

You look like you went 0RB AND 0WR. Also you can go 0RB and still get starters. You have a whole stable of at best Flex dart throws.

You look like you went 0RB AND 0WR. Also you can go 0RB and still get starters. You have a whole stable of at best Flex dart throws.

Cooks/Baldwin/Allen has kind of a 'perfect world' feel about it. Those three could each tear it up 'if only' things went right. But probably won't all go right for all three.

Like team one more then team two.

T. Brady

J. Reed

Interesting, I ended up with Brady, Baldwin, Cooks, Diggs, and Hunt in IBL (12 team drafts), but I also got Gurley, Murray, and Ware pre injury (Hunt was a handcuff at the time). So not zero RB but similar thoughts on a lot of players. :cheers:

Your WRs still look weak.

But Montana has a more zero RB looking group of WRs. That's how to do it.

Appreciate it. I think you almost have to go after an elite QB to try to offset the lack of RB points. I really don't know...just guessing. It felt unnatural to be honest (not taking a RB in the first 3 rounds). Still not sure how I feel about this team.

Appreciate it. I think you almost have to go after an elite QB to try to offset the lack of RB points. I really don't know...just guessing. It felt unnatural to be honest (not taking a RB in the first 3 rounds). Still not sure how I feel about this team.

I like your team a lot more than mine

• Like 1

Pretty much, dart throws is a good way to put it.

My first pick wasn't until 23.

Pretty much, dart throws is a good way to put it.

My first pick wasn't until 23.

Then you can't really go zero RB. What RBs did you pass on?

Then you can't really go zero RB. What RBs did you pass on?

Yeah, definitely not a true Zero RB, but more BPA that turned into WR heavy.

RBs were pretty bare by the 2/3 turn. Cook, Hyde, Gurley, Zeek all were already off the board. Crowell, Howard, Gordon kept. Nobody really fell. I think Ingram and Andersen were the top rated RBs. I'll have to look when I get the chance.

Only way anyone brags about having a zero RB roster is when they are lucky enough to hit on one or two sleeper picks. It doesn't work 80% of the time

Only way anyone brags about having a zero RB roster is when they are lucky enough to hit on one or two sleeper picks. It doesn't work 80% of the time

Sure seems that way.... crickets in here except people picking apart my roster. Which is admittedly flawed.

60% of the time, it works everytime.

Sure seems that way.... crickets in here except people picking apart my roster. Which is admittedly flawed.

ZeroRB is supposed to work by starting RBs getting hurt or replaced, and the owner having the presence of mind to grab the next guy up, or to have already hit on that sleeper previously. Sleepers are part of it, good (and lucky) team management is supposed to be the rest. And the idea that WRs don't get injured as often...which I'm not sure has born up the last two years. I still think the strategy can work maybe as well as any other strategy (the 'Two Stud RB' strategy, for example). Everything still relies on timing and luck.

Zero RB might work in straight redraft, but in keeper league where players are off the board, NO WAY. You should have stud WR's, but you got scraps. That's terrible!!

Montana has a good zero RB lineup.

Zero RB might work in straight redraft, but in keeper league where players are off the board, NO WAY.

That would depend on who you were able to keep. If you manage to keep stud WRs and a QB, and there are still some decent WRs left (there will always be, some teams are loaded at the end of the season and can't keep everyone), I could see it working like it's supposed to in a redraft.

Not sure about zero RB deal. But I like a lot of mid tier RBs this year.

Powell, Cook, Kelly, Gillislee. Unless I am in position to take Bell or Johnson....I will probably take best available WR in the 1st round. And probably again in the 2nd.

Not sure about zero RB deal. But I like a lot of mid tier RBs this year.

Powell, Cook, Kelly, Gillislee. Unless I am in position to take Bell or Johnson....I will probably take best available WR in the 1st round. And probably again in the 2nd.

12 team standard redraft. Didn't take a RB til round 6. Got Evans, green, Keenan Allen, Brees, and Olsen before I took Peterson, Powell, Kelly, woodhead, and burkhead.

12 team standard redraft. Didn't take a RB til round 6. Got Evans, green, Keenan Allen, Brees, and Olsen before I took Peterson, Powell, Kelly, woodhead, and burkhead.

Those RBs in a standard league look like they're going to hurt. I love Fat Rob, but AD is in a timeshare and old and brittle, Powell is a Jet, Woody is coming off a big injury and a backup, and Burkhead is pretty much the Pats' Woody at this point. You'll need some injuries and such for those guys to shake out for you. Good luck man :)

Those RBs in a standard league look like they're going to hurt. I love Fat Rob, but AD is in a timeshare and old and brittle, Powell is a Jet, Woody is coming off a big injury and a backup, and Burkhead is pretty much the Pats' Woody at this point. You'll need some injuries and such for those guys to shake out for you. Good luck man :)

Yea I'm not expecting them to score a lot of points every week. I do think AP will get more than people think he will. Rob is the Skins bell cow so he should net me some decent points. Burkhead I'm waiting to see how it plays out and Woodhead is actually listed as the starter. Not west. Plus I've got him ranked higher than west. Counting on the rest of my to be top scorers. Got a top 3 QB, top 3 TE, top 5 WR, and two top 10-15 WR. Hoping they pull the big loads

Yea I'm not expecting them to score a lot of points every week. I do think AP will get more than people think he will. Rob is the Skins bell cow so he should net me some decent points. Burkhead I'm waiting to see how it plays out and Woodhead is actually listed as the starter. Not west. Plus I've got him ranked higher than west. Counting on the rest of my to be top scorers. Got a top 3 QB, top 3 TE, top 5 WR, and two top 10-15 WR. Hoping they pull the big loads

Didn't know that about Woody. Good for him. If he stays the starter, he could tear it up. West is boring. I was wanting to see Dixon take over this year, but with him gone, it would be cool if someone gave Woody the chance to be a 2 or 3 down guy.