Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

which flyer RB to grab

my current RB's are Crowell, Dalvin Cook, Tevin Coleman, Prosise, Duke Johnson, Alvin Kamara......in a PPR would you drop any of these for

Jonathan Williams

Marlon Mack

Burkhead

Perine

Smallwood

also my current TE is Ebron, would you keep him or pickup Jack Doyle

my current RB's are Crowell, Dalvin Cook, Tevin Coleman, Prosise, Duke Johnson, Alvin Kamara......in a PPR would you drop any of these for

Jonathan Williams

Marlon Mack

Burkhead

Perine

Smallwood

I don't think I'd change anything yet.

if it's me, I'd rather handcuff Latavius Murray to Cook than try to find lightning in a bottle with any of those guys.

your stable of RBs is pretty weak but tenable if healthy; that becomes a big problem for you though if Cook gets hurt.

I'd drop your choice of Prosise or Kamara and pick up Murray.

And I'd rather have Doyle over Ebron too.

Burkhead then Smallwood IMO.

I drafted Burkhead with my last pick because I know NE plays on Thurs night, so I can get a free early look at how they'll be employing Burkhead. You can pick him up and keep on your bench, and then drop off after the game if you don't like his usage.

Essentially a 2 for 1 opportunity if your league doesn't put a cap on transactions.

• Like 1

crap Lat Murray is already rostered

he's prob a good candidate to get dropped after the first week as guys start fawning over the new shiny WW adds, so I'd look to bounce on him if/when he becomes available.

I don't think I'd change anything either...but if you forced me to pick I'd have to go with either Burkhead or Smallwood. I think at this point Perine and Williams are simply handcuffs and nothing more. The others at least have some value, with potential (however slight it may be) to take on more work. Its possible Mack works his way in simply due to age/injury/ineffectiveness out of Gore but has Turbin to compete with...and Smallwood may win the job, albeit just a slight bump in a full on committee. Burkhead probably has the highest upside but good luck figuring out when to start him.

A lot of the undercurrent out of Philly is that Blount isn't going to be the starter, and may not even make the team. Smallwood may be the guy there. Just sayin'.

just saw that too, I dropped Kamara for Jonathan Williams, now debating picking up Smallwood, I also heard a rumor of Matt Jones to Philly?

I also heard a rumor of Matt Jones to Philly?

The guy from the Philly Enquirer mentioned that Matt Jones may be available for them. That's all I've seen, over on Roto. Not a rumor of him going there, just a reporter saying there will be guys available if they let Blount go.

I would have kept Kamara and dropped Prosise.

I would have picked up J Williams for him.

And I would pick up Doyle.

current roster is below in a PPR

Russell Wilson

Crowell

Dalvin Cook

Antonio Brown

Deandre Hopkins

Golden Tate

Ebron

Justin Tucker

Bench

Allen Robinson

Tevin Coleman

Brandon Marshall

Prosise

Duke Johnson

Jonathan Williams

The guy from the Philly Enquirer mentioned that Matt Jones may be available for them. That's all I've seen, over on Roto. Not a rumor of him going there, just a reporter saying there will be guys available if they let Blount go.

Kinda surprised philly doesn't make a call up to buffalo for shady.

But yeah,,,,have Marlon Mack as my home run flier, but may dump him for either Smallwood or Jones.

Something is going to happen with that Philly RB situation. Smallwood should be owned. I like him over an injured Procise. Matt Jones could ruin it, but who knows. Sproles in curled up in a chamber somewhere waiting to show up and get used too.

Blount is in the danger zone. It's crazy that they haven't done something with it already. They know that he's not what they want so far. They should be trying to take Matt Jones off of Washington's hands since they won't let him out of the doghouse. Slide a 5th or 6th rounder and kick the tires on a young guy and let Blount be Blount elsewhere.

Side: I want DeAndre Washington on all of my teams. He looks FAST and he's only a beast injury/mind-change away from getting a few more looks in an offense that is at least capable if not occasionally exciting. There's no law saying he won't get looks even with an upright beast.

T Coleman was a good pick up. M

I don't know why he's fallen but I still see a player that can be used in a flex postion.

I know the new OC is a new issue, but I think he's not going to be reduced to just a true back up Rb.

I'd keep your team just as you have it. Of the players you listed available I like Rex Burkhead the best.

Prosise still hasn't shown that he can stay on the field, I don't see why he's even being drafted.

I drafted Burkhead with my last pick because I know NE plays on Thurs night, so I can get a free early look at how they'll be employing Burkhead. You can pick him up and keep on your bench, and then drop off after the game if you don't like his usage.

Essentially a 2 for 1 opportunity if your league doesn't put a cap on transactions.

you league rules are B.S.

you league rules are B.S.

they are not, they're standard Yahoo rules.

unless you're talking about adding transaction caps, I really don't get what people are missing on this.

unless you're talking about adding transaction caps, I really don't get what people are missing on this.

Because once the game starts, you shouldn't be allowed to make any changes. None. Zilch.

Because once the game starts, you shouldn't be allowed to make any changes. None. Zilch.

Yahoo standard allows you to change bench players out at any time. The starters lock though which means this has no affect on the weekly scoring, so you're not going to win or lose a particular weekly game by using this. You're just trying to catch lightning in a bottle and usurp waivers. I bet alot of people's leagues are just like this, but have never taken the time to verify.

Now FAs do lock when their game starts, so this is not owners trying to pounce on a new starter the second an injury happens. But it can be you dropping a guy and picking up a backup in a future game and trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Now I'm just as effective playing in leagues with transaction caps or ones where you can't drop bench players during the week after games start, but having this ever revolving bench doesn't really give you any more of a competitive advantage because its very easy time wise to try and manipulate and its open to every other owner in the league. Equal access for all means it can't be BS.

But with that in mind, I brought the White/Burkhead thing up because I really believe alot of people don't know how their rules work when it comes to these things. If you're in a standard Yahoo league, you should be able to do this, so I just brought it up for guys to at least explore if it works in their league. If you specifically tailor your league to not do, then obviously that doesn't apply to you. But you'd be surprised how many people don't know the settings on their league, so I t hink its at least good advice to bring to their attention.

Jonathan Williams

Marlon Mack

Burkhead

Perine

Smallwood

I'd keep the RBs and TE. I might try to add Doyle as a backup TE if I had room. But without Luck healthy, no.

Any league that allows you to have a player under your control for a thursday game, drop that player before sunday and fill that roster spot with another player is B.S. It is basically allowing you to expand your roster size. Lets say your roster size is 18 players. Under your rules, during week 1, you could have 19 players on your active roster....two players occupying the same spot. hence, B.S.

• Like 1

Any league that allows you to have a player under your control for a thursday game, drop that player before sunday and fill that roster spot with another player is B.S. It is basically allowing you to expand your roster size. Lets say your roster size is 18 players. Under your rules, during week 1, you could have 19 players on your active roster....two players occupying the same spot. hence, B.S.

I argue that its not BS because every owner is equally eligible to do it. So if you want to use your expanded roster analogy, then it can be expanded rosters for every owner. And it takes like 10 seconds on your phone to drop and pick up, so everyone is able to participate even if they're the owner that isn't home all day Sun watching each game. Call it BS if you want, I'm fine with that. But our league is $100 buy-in so it's by no means a novice league, and I have no shame being the guy that wants to exploit this.

Again with that in mind though, I'm just encouraging people to check their settings and see what their league's rules are in regards to this. If it allows you to do it (which as I said is the standard default) then you're stupid to not try and take advantage of it.

I can certainly respect trying to restrict things like this in a league though, and as I said I'm equally good in leagues like that. I just wouldn't go as far as calling it BS because if you're in a serious league (check your buy in amount and you'll know if you're in a serious league) than all the owners should be smart enough to recognize this and to take advantage, so no one player has any built in advantage.

• Like 1

J Williams with the Packers.

Week three he will be the starter.

What about Conner with Pit?

gut feeling that Pitt could just re-sign Deangelo Williams if Bell needed to miss an extended period of time, and they'd share carries.