Sign in to follow this  
emerlin

Hold Alfred Morris?

Wow tough one.

I know I would

If Zeke is out, I think they activate MCfadden and he ishe starting rb. This is too hard to tell. Morris does not catch balls so it depends what cowboys are thinking - you have to activate both if zeke is gone because morris does not catch or just activate mcfadden who can do both. Morris has been active right now to spell zeke on rushing plays.

No one knows the answer to this situation. It's guessing and clogging up your bench.

If you have been holding him up to now , keep doing so.

McFadden is listed as the backup RB on the official Cowboys website, even though he has been inactive for game days....

A backup that hasn't suited up in weeks..I don't buy it.

A backup that hasn't suited up in weeks..I don't buy it.

Yea that’s really ominous. I wasted a 7th round pick reaching for DMC to Insure Zeke even though I called no suspension mid August. Goes to show cuffs are not worth it like they used to be. Even when we think we know, we don’t know.

The Cowboys thinking may be that eventually Zeke would miss games and they are keeping Mcfadden in bubble wrap so when he does have to assume lead back duties he is as fresh as possible..

Maybe they assume Morris is more expendable and/or less injury prone than Dmac, and if/when Zeke gets suspended McFadden will be activated and given the lead job...

The Cowboys thinking may be that eventually Zeke would miss games and they are keeping Mcfadden in bubble wrap so when he does have to assume lead back duties he is as fresh as possible..

Maybe they assume Morris is more expendable and/or less injury prone than Dmac, and if/when Zeke gets suspended McFadden will be activated and given the lead job...

Plus DMac mimicks what you get from Zeke whereas Morris is a different back altogether.

I think DMac is still the backup should Zeke be out

Wouldn't you want him to get at least some playing time though?

I think Morris will be the guy to own if indeed the Zeke can't eat.

Well, they better wrap him tight because the freight train carrying his a$$ out of Dallas is going to be fast and furious.

This is a very strange situation... McFadden inactive and Morris zero carries 2 weeks in a row? Anyone understand this madness?

It's called the Cowboys.

This is a very strange situation... McFadden inactive and Morris zero carries 2 weeks in a row? Anyone understand this madness?

I've heard it mentioned that Morris can play special teams, McFadden cannot, thus he is made inactive each week Zeke plays. However if Zeke were to be out, McFadden would be the lead back, spelled by Morris.

• Like 1

If you have been holding him up to now , keep doing so.

For the most part, this is the right advice.

but we are now getting close to the part of the schedule where we have bye weeks and depending on where those bye weeks fall, it gets harder to keep players like this on your roster.

If you have needs at certain positions, it makes sense to drop the insurance policy at some point because that insurance policy (which is designed to prevent losses) becomes less valuable if you are losing games because you cannot fill in for a bye week.

For the most part, this is the right advice.

but we are now getting close to the part of the schedule where we have bye weeks and depending on where those bye weeks fall, it gets harder to keep players like this on your roster.

If you have needs at certain positions, it makes sense to drop the insurance policy at some point because that insurance policy (which is designed to prevent losses) becomes less valuable if you are losing games because you cannot fill in for a bye week.

True but if you indeed own Morris it's because you think the Zeke will be missing time, and if that is indeed the case I would hold.

Hes a low upside hold since even in best case scenario he would split time and possibly even be change of pace at best.

Plus DMac mimicks what you get from Zeke whereas Morris is a different back altogether.

not even remotely. zeke and morris are ZBS runners. DMC is a power scheme runner.

Alfred Morris value grows by the week. If Dallas gets desperate enough on the defensive side.. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade Morris for Def depth.

The Vikings could use him.

True but if you indeed own Morris it's because you think the Zeke will be missing time, and if that is indeed the case I would hold.

I dont disagree.

All I am saying is whether you hold or not really should depend more on your situation.

If you have to dump him because you have an injury and a bye at WR, then that's what you have to do.

At this point I dont think anyone is gonna jump on Morris if he appears on the wire.

This may change if it is announced that Elliot's suspension will be upheld.

How I would do it is I'd hold him up until the last minute then I would dump him to pick up the player I need to cover the bye, then I pick him up again after the game. Naturally there is likely to be some waiting

for now, I would not act as a decision may come down as early as today or tomorrow regarding Elliot's availability for the next game. If they continue the delay, then the NFL likely has to wait until the full hearing is done before Elliot can miss time. At that point I would drop Morris If you have other needs.