Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

All Time Greatest Video Games ***The Draft***

Honorable mentions...

Fighting - Soul Calibur (personal fav: Killer Instinct)

RPG - Secret of Mana (personal fav: Soul Blazer)

Educational - Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?

Mobile - Pokemon series

Music - Rock Band

FPS - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (personal fav: Team Fortress 2)

MMORPG - Everquest (personal fav: Ragnarok Online)

Sports - Golden Tee (personal fav: World Series Baseball or Super Play Action Football)

WTF? - Katamari Damacy

Arcade - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Racing - (personal fav: RC Pro Am)

Killer Instinct was also my favorite. I played as the Wolf.

Also, Double Dragon wasn't picked.

This is the one I was waiting to see. :thumbsup:

Yall check the OP for accuracy. TIA

I'm good.

TY Mr Dictator Commish.

And for the record I was on board with the ruling.

Most played:

Solitaire

Minesweeper

Spades

Hearts

Just because something is most consumed does not make it good. Those games. Angry birds. Candy crush. All sh!tty games.

Did anyone ever play any of these

Auto Assault

Roadwar 2000

and holy hell we all forgot a great one

Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road

which I believe was the first Arcade game, that had a processor that could save your progress

sad I forgot, Ivan lived a block away from where I grew up, and he had 5 of these in his garage, that all the kids could come play. (No sickos this was the 80's)

Auto Assault

Roadwar 2000

which I believe was the first Arcade game, that had a processor that could save your progress

sad I forgot, Ivan lived a block away from where I grew up, and he had 5 of these in his garage, that all the kids could come play. (No sickos this was the 80's)

Death Race 2000?

Auto Assault

Roadwar 2000

Ivans off road racing was indeed the bomb.

I Thought about choosing lethal enforcers too. My favorite arcade game ever. Remember it had a blue gun and a pink one I think? I mastered that came. Could beat it on one play.

Ms Pac Man isn't on the list! It's better than Pac Man.

My Old School choices would have been:

Ms Pac Man

Zelda

Mario World

Super Metroid

Sonic

Tetris

Ms Pac Man isn't on the list! It's better than Pac Man.

My Old School choices would have been:

Ms Pac Man

Zelda

Mario World

Super Metroid

Sonic

Tetris

Ha..this was debated. Mrs. Pac-man is included in my Pacman pick as it is the same game.

• Like 1

Alrighty, here's my undrafted team to destroy you all...and I'll keep it to unique genres as well.

#1 - Pokemon (Role-Playing)

The Main Series of Pokemon has sold over 200 Million copies. I really don't have to add more to that. It's Pokemon. I can't believe this wasn't drafted.

#2 - League of Legends (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)

Over 100 Million unique active players every month. It almost single-handedly boosted E-Sports to legitimacy.

#3 - The Sims (Strategy / Life Simulation)

Over 200 Million copies sold. This game basically created a genre and had more people spending time on their pretend life than their real one.

#4 - Need for Speed (Racing)

Over 150 Million copies sold. There isn't a more storied and successful racing franchise.

#5 - Tomb Raider (Action / Adventure)

Over 58 Million copies sold. Arguably the pioneer of the Action Adventure Genre. Side note - nobody took God of War either?

#6 - Age of Empires (Real-Time Strategy)

Seven titles, three spin-offs and over 20 Million copies sold. The definitive RTS.

#7 - Super Smash Brothers (Fighting)

It's broken the Sales records of every console it's been released on and is one of the greatest cross-over games of all time. Tournaments are fiercely followed.

#8 - Borderlands (First Person Shooter / Role-Playing)

Over 26 Million copies sold. A bold combination of genres, unparalleled humor, and glorious violence.

Just 8 of them? Man...I have a few more that definitely should have been drafted.

Star Fox

Kingdom Hearts

Marvel vs Capcom

Assassin's Creed

Spyro

Gears of War

Bejeweled

Ratchet & Clank

The Witcher

Total War

Hearts of Iron

XCOM

Dance Dance Revolution

Far Cry

Portal

Rogue Squadron

Warhammer

Left 4 Dead

Dark Souls

Mother

Paperboy

Pirates!

Day of the Tentacle

Dragon Age

Neverwinter Nights

Legend of Dragoon

Ogre Battle

Fire Emblem

Animal Crossing

Harvest Moon

Tekken

LEGO

Mario Party

Sure there are many more...I think TBBOM won this thing. Reality and MTSK tie for second.

Alrighty, here's my undrafted team to destroy you all...and I'll keep it to unique genres as well.

#1 - Pokemon (Role-Playing)

The Main Series of Pokemon has sold over 200 Million copies. I really don't have to add more to that. It's Pokemon. I can't believe this wasn't drafted.

#2 - League of Legends (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)

Over 100 Million unique active players every month. It almost single-handedly boosted E-Sports to legitimacy.

#3 - The Sims (Strategy / Life Simulation)

Over 200 Million copies sold. This game basically created a genre and had more people spending time on their pretend life than their real one.

#4 - Need for Speed (Racing)

Over 150 Million copies sold. There isn't a more storied and successful racing franchise.

#5 - Tomb Raider (Action / Adventure)

Over 58 Million copies sold. Arguably the pioneer of the Action Adventure Genre. Side note - nobody took God of War either?

#6 - Age of Empires (Real-Time Strategy)

Seven titles, three spin-offs and over 20 Million copies sold. The definitive RTS.

#7 - Super Smash Brothers (Fighting)

It's broken the Sales records of every console it's been released on and is one of the greatest cross-over games of all time. Tournaments are fiercely followed.

#8 - Borderlands (First Person Shooter / Role-Playing)

Over 26 Million copies sold. A bold combination of genres, unparalleled humor, and glorious violence.

Just 8 of them? Man...I have a few more that definitely should have been drafted.

Star Fox

Kingdom Hearts

Marvel vs Capcom

Assassin's Creed

Spyro

Gears of War

Bejeweled

Ratchet & Clank

The Witcher

Total War

Hearts of Iron

XCOM

Dance Dance Revolution

Far Cry

Portal

Rogue Squadron

Warhammer

Left 4 Dead

Dark Souls

Mother

Paperboy

Pirates!

Day of the Tentacle

Dragon Age

Neverwinter Nights

Legend of Dragoon

Ogre Battle

Fire Emblem

Animal Crossing

Harvest Moon

Tekken

LEGO

Mario Party

Sure there are many more...I think TBBOM won this thing. Reality and MTSK tie for second.

Quite a terrible team you drafted. Congrats on that. :wave:

Quite a terrible team you drafted. Congrats on that. :wave:

Yea, nothing on that list of 8 that I'm even coming back for a second look. Several games on his honorable mention are better.

Yea, nothing on that list of 8 that I'm even coming back for a second look. Several games on his honorable mention are better.

I thought this was a draft for the greatest video games / franchises of all time?

My list ravages all but the three I mentioned in my post - who clearly reaped the benefits of drafting with old foggies. 96 Games went before me and I didn't duplicate genres. :dunno:

As a franchise, Pokemon is only topped by Mario Brothers. League of Legends is in a category of its own. The Sims, before Minecraft, was the greatest selling PC game of all time. No racing franchise even comes close to Need for Speed. You guys drafted Uncharted over Tomb Raider? There wouldn't be Uncharted without Tomb Raider. Age of Empires is what every modern RTS is modeled after and it still holds up today. Nintendo still makes Gamecube Controllers today for Super Smash Brothers Melee alone. Borderlands is there because I needed a First Person Shooter and it's clearly the only genre that the majority of participants knew something about. Overwatch may have been a better choice. It currently boasts 35 Million Players and may even be overtaking League of Legends in the E-Sports world soon. But you guys didn't draft that either.

As a franchise, Pokemon is only topped by Mario Brothers.

Only cause of the japs :wave: