Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Chrysler

Thoughts on last night's elections?

Democrats were supposed to win most of those races and they did. Whoo hoo, big deal.

Only big story is the VA governors race. That one does look like a rejection of Trump. But the Dems lost a handful of special elections earlier on that were also supposed to be rejections of Trump, so its tempered

Dems now control all state legislatures and governorships along the West Coast. Will be interesting to see how that plays out

all 3 states have been as blue and hippie/hipster/douchbag filled for years, nothing changes.

the west coast be prepared for higher taxes, tranny laws and sanctuary cities

oh wait we already have that

Democrats were supposed to win most of those races and they did. Whoo hoo, big deal.

Only big story is the VA governors race. That one does look like a rejection of Trump. But the Dems lost a handful of special elections earlier on that were also supposed to be rejections of Trump, so its tempered

Democrats were supposed to win the Presidential election too. And they didn't. Last night was a big deal. It showed a shift. It also showed the trouble Republican candidates are going to have in 2018. Do you support the morally corrupt, racist President with the 32% approval rating or do you distance yourself from him and get in the crosshairs of Trump and Bannon as they try to blackmail the party into becoming the disgusting pigs they are?

Particularly since the GOP candidate himself rejected Trump.

All this demonstrates is the continued desperation by TDS sufferers to make any news something about Trump that they can spin.

• Like 1

Particularly since the GOP candidate himself rejected Trump.

Winner winner chicken dinner

This guy figured out the huge problem that the GOP faces in the 2018 midterms.

worked out great for him :doh:

Yes.

The GOP faces the fact - which is why they lost here - that voters are rejecting candidates who reject Trump's platform. The most outspoken ones, like McCain and Flake, are not running because they know it as well.

But make no mistake: the DEMs are facing similar problems: the same corruption that is exploding within the DNC is the same corruption voters are recognizing in the GOP Establishment.

It's not about party. Try to keep up.

Whoosh! Not even going top bother talking to a stump

He's correct.

It isn't the GOP which has the problem. It's the GOPe, and their grip on the GOP. If GOPe candidates continue to lose, how long, exactly, before the rest of the party rallies around Trump and embraces him and his mission more whole-heartedly?

What you have here is an excision of the cancer of the Establishment within the GOP. It's also taking place in the DNC, but that patient is really far gone, and may expire entirely.

He's correct.

It isn't the GOP which has the problem. It's the GOPe, and their grip on the GOP. If GOPe candidates continue to lose, how long, exactly, before the rest of the party rallies around Trump and embraces him and his mission more whole-heartedly?

What you have here is an excision of the cancer of the Establishment within the GOP. It's also taking place in the DNC, but that patient is really far gone, and may expire entirely.

You're expecting a whole lot of rallying by a base that's shrinking by the day. The guy has the lowest approval rate of any President in history and it went to its lowest last week. If you think other Republican candidates are going to tie their anchor to a sinking ship, you're out of your mind.

You're expecting a whole lot of rallying by a base that's shrinking by the day. The guy has the lowest approval rate of any President in history and it went to its lowest last week. If you think other Republican candidates are going to tie their anchor to a sinking ship, you're out of your mind.

...as another GOPe candidate ship sinks. Keep derping, Orange Julius.

...as another GOPe candidate ship sinks. Keep derping, Orange Julius.

The problem is it's split the party. So you've got half not liking Trump&Co, and half not liking non-Trump&Co. The numbers just aren't there to get candidates in purple states elected unless something major happens between now and mid-terms.

So the Trump strategy is to sink any GOP candidate that doesn't march lockstep with him? Andf then consider it a victory when a Democrat beats him. Ummmm, does anyone care to let MennsaCunt in on what the problem is with that plan? :doh:

Someone hasn't been paying attention and is clueless as to what is transpiring on the right side of the isle. Yes. Rinos are being attacked. It's a concerted effort by Steve Bannon. You don't know this? Why do you think Flake and Corker aren't running? They can't win with Bannon coming after them. Try and read once in a while. Sheeez.

I think some of the big margins have some meaning, but mostly in line with how these votes were expected to go. I think the narrative that it is a reflection of Trump is overstated. Much like the Hillary loss was some kind of complete repudiation of the Dem party. I thought it was pretty funny the tranny dem crushed the crotchety old repub. Surprised by DeBlasio's big win, though wasn't sure how NYC thought of him.

So the Trump strategy is to sink any GOP candidate that doesn't march lockstep with him?

You're really a dope. Gillespie didn't want Trump campaigning for him. He lost because GOPe doesn't like Trump; Trump would work with them if they would allow it.

It's not Trump that kills GOPe candidates. Republican voters who do not like the GOPe do that.

Andf then consider it a victory when a Democrat beats him. Ummmm, does anyone care to let MennsaCunt in on what the problem is with that plan? :doh:

:doh:

No one said that either, you umber imbecile. Trump would have campaigned with him if for no other reason than to gain another ®. He made his own bed.

PLEASE don't continue to demonstrate your utter lack of brainpower. Best way to do that is to just shut up.

The problem is it's split the party. So you've got half not liking Trump&Co, and half not liking non-Trump&Co. The numbers just aren't there to get candidates in purple states elected unless something major happens between now and mid-terms.

I do not believe it is half, and I do not believe the portion which is anti-Trump is winning. I absolutely do agree with you on your last sentence.

I see this as the voters continued to vote for someone like Trump. Northam's add on white guys running down minorities is straight out of the Trump book. Northam basically said all R's are murderers who hate minorities and the Dems lapped it up and cheered. Where have we seen that before. Trump on Mexicans..

I do not believe it is half, and I do not believe the portion which is anti-Trump is winning. I absolutely do agree with you on your last sentence.

Yeah my 1/2 number is probably way off. I almost went back and edited it but then decided it was too much work. Even 10% is a massive deficit that is seriously going to hurt.

Yeah my 1/2 number is probably way off. I almost went back and edited it but then decided it was too much work. Even 10% is a massive deficit that is seriously going to hurt.

We're already hearing quite a few non-Trumpers who have come around to him, and understand the media onslaught. It's actually pushing many people to him, instead of away.

In addition, I believe Trump has attracted members of society who haven't voted before, as well as blue dog democrats who stopped voting entirely, and see Trump as an attack on establishment Government.

I think he's made up the deficit you're citing. I think it's the reason he got elected, and I do not believe the narrative being attempted by these popularity polls, anymore than I believed those same pollsters when they attempted the "Hillary is crushing it" narrative.

The same mechanism that gobsmacked leftists in November is still in play; still worshipped by the same clueless people, and still thinks they're in control.

They are not in control. They are losing control.

Anytime that blue comes out the winner, it's a good thing for this country.

Why was Jesus Chrysler banned? This is not Newbie Junior.

Why was Jesus Chrysler banned? This is not Newbie Junior.

Uh oh.

Newbie's back.

Aww Newbie..

Troll, banned again, later.

Ha! He's banned again? Retard will be back in a couple days with an alias. He can't quit this place.

Song a very interesting graphic last night. It showed the incumbents in the Virginia legislature that were up for reelection. It was almost entirely old white guys. Then below that was the picture of the people who beat them. It was entirely women.

Of course the Trump trolls are going to follow the fox talking points and say nothing to see here. But that alone was pretty telling. Some of the incumbents have been in office for a long damn time.

Still, too early really to tell if this is a Harbinger or an aberration.

[/url]

At least a Dem is on board with what 75% of the population agrees with

No Sanctuary

Yeah, most of those guys are douchebags.

Aww Newbie..

Troll, banned again, later.

Excellent!

Keep your head buried in the sand. It was not a good night for the Republican party. And you guys playing your usual role as blind idiots doesn't change that. :wave:

Bump