Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Words/Phrases that were common but are now offensive

Apparently, according especially to Samantha Bee, but in general with women at all, now you can't use these two words when describing a woman's voice:

Strident or shrill

But it's perfectly okay that Howard Dean lost the nomination for one ill-timed scream.

There was some dumb Facebook post, where the dumbness usually exists by the billions,where some feminist said men should not use the term "young lady"

Seriously? i mean SERIOUSLY????

Not reading back so I apologize if it was stated... "jew" as a verb to mean "cheap". Example: "CH jewed BLS out of the $50 he owed him."

Well hell, just calling somebody a Jew is apparently an insult. This is one of never understood. They are Jewish they call themselves Jews they have multiple groups that use the word Jew. Yeah, using you as a verb is really bad idea. But Jew as a religious or ethnic term? It's just not a slur.

But in today's world, you can't even call somebody a Mexican if they're from Mexico. F****** retarded.

Is it still okay to call a registered sex offender a sex offender?

Do they identify as a sex offender? :dunno:

Thats mighty white of you.

I may have mentioned this here before but I was recently watching one of The Thin Man movies and William Powell said it.

Now I realize those movies were circa 1930s but I was still somewhat surprised. I mean it was being said in regular life until Political Correctness became prevalent a few years ago but I was surprised to hear it in a popular Hollywood movie by an extremely popular actor.

Not reading back so I apologize if it was stated... "jew" as a verb to mean "cheap". Example: "CH jewed BLS out of the $50 he owed him."

I cringe when I read stuff like that here - I grew up around a bunch of Jewish people, and am always surprised when the negative stereotypes crop up. Antisemitism is undoubtedly one of the stupider forms of prejudice.

I cringe when I read stuff like that here - I grew up around a bunch of Jewish people, and am always surprised when the negative stereotypes crop up. Antisemitism is undoubtedly one of the stupider forms of prejudice.

While in general, I would agree with you. I never quite got it. Until you hang out with New York Jews.

Man, they are whole nother breed entirely. Especially if you get anywhere near the ultra-orthodox types. Who are every bit as exclusionary and fundamentalist as Muslims you'd see in Pakistan. Doesn't matter race or religion. When you go hardcore tribal, the rest of the world is going to suspect you.

And Manhattan Jews are the basis for most of the stereotype. There isn't a single conversation that somehow doesn't find its way to money. Oy! You only pay $4,000 for three-story walk-up! I should be so lucky!

Last example. When the whole maddof thing went down, it was mostly Jews taking care of Jews thinking that they deserved a better deal because they were part of the tribe. So, when it all came crashing down, I'll never forget this hard core jew in Florida that they interviewed. Some old broad snowbird who literally said "Oy GaVault! This is just like the Holocaust all over again!"

I'm guessing it's those types that keep the Fairly stupid and baseless stereotypes alive today.

First girl I ever schtupped was Jewish and a wildcat!

Man, I long for the days when it was acceptable to just hit them over the head and drag them back to your cave by the hair. :sigh:

If you drag them by their ankles their pvssys filled up with sand.

I use Jew and gyp as verbs sometimes, but know I shouldnt. I have nothing against either people at all.

Just like I love the phrase nagger rig and dont hate blacks.

Im also bad about using retarded. Just a bad habit I guess.

I'm white and can't even say boy to white people anymore. What you lookin at boy?

Same thing with thug. Thug is almost like a swear word these days.

Cripple is out these days. Must use physically disabled.

One of Colorado's biggest low stakes gambling locations is an old mining town called Cripple Creek. Especially given this nanny state, I am actually shocked that there haven't been protests against the name.

What if you don't see it as a negative stereotype? If I say I "Jewed" someone down, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for getting a good deal. :ninja:

What if you don't see it as a negative stereotype? If I say I "Jewed" someone down, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for getting a good deal. :ninja:

Would you say it in a synagogue?