Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Fun night in the Bronx.

It always is. How's things in flushing? But hey, nice stadium and isn't hip-hop night coming up?

Flushing is an embarrassing cesspool

Another classic drubbing. And it would be nice if the Yankees didn't throw up on themselves when they play on the big stage.

That was no drubbing. That was a shellacking.

Another classic drubbing. And it would be nice if the Yankees didn't throw up on themselves when they play on the big stage.

I figured this series would be 2-1 either way. Both are too good to get swept easily. Having said that, this isnt the way I thought the series would go: 8-1 and 11-0. The game tonight favors the Yankees: their ace at home against their personal punching bag in David Price. Still, anything could happen when these two play.

Midway Point

AL MVP Betts

NL MVP Freeman

AL CY Verlander

NL CY Scherzer

AL ROY Ohtani

NL ROY Soto

also on the topic of AL Cy Young candidates, he won't win it because he plays for Tampa but Blake Snell should be in the convo. What hes done so far, despite playing for Tampa, has been incredible.

After today's game he is 11-4, 2.24 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, and 123k's in 109IP for a team sitting around .500

How come BP is still going on? When does the game start?

How come BP is still going on? When does the game start?

FU

I came here to write WTF took so long to take Price out.

(I am watching game with sound off so if it was explained I didn't hear it )

Fvck

And yes Spankees "Own" Price.

FU

I came here to write WTF took so long to take Price out.

(I am watching game with sound off so if it was explained I didn't hear it )

Fvck

Not used to all this right handed power. Need bird and Didi to get it going.

Would have been nice to have 1 close game this series. At least for the late games, we dont have to stay up to watch this shellacking.

Would have been nice to have 1 close game this series. At least for the late games, we dont have to stay up to watch this shellacking.

This. Tonights game is almost exactly the same as last nights game with the teams reversed. Severino cruising giving up 1 hit, Price being Price and we can go to sleep.

Yup. Severino vs Sale would be nice. Hopefully we get it down the line.

Yup. Severino vs Sale would be nice. Hopefully we get it down the line.

I think the Yanks are going to get another starter and will be better positioned than the Sox to take the division, but you have to figure (hope?) that the last 3 games (at Fenway) will matter and it will be playoff bonus baseball.

I think the Yanks are going to get another starter and will be better positioned than the Sox to take the division, but you have to figure (hope?) that the last 3 games (at Fenway) will matter and it will be playoff bonus baseball.

That's what I'm hoping for. A season finale at Fenway with a division on the line is the best regular season baseball there is. I can't see either team running away with it at this point.

in the wow category

Bartolo is now moonlighting with the Twins

but check out this guys minor league numbers, he makes Tony Gwynn look like a perennial 200k a year guy

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...position=3B/OF

hes k'd 76 times in over 2100 minor league at bats

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/8686/willians-astudillo

2 very odd plays in 2nd inning of Nats/Red Sox game:

- Sandy Leon struck out swinging on a slider that had so much movement on it, it went between his legs

- 2 batters later (after an IBB to JBJ) Porcello takes Scherzer (relatively) deep for a bases clearing double after looking silly on the first 2 strikes

- Sandy Leon struck out swinging on a slider that had so much movement on it, it went between his legs

- 2 batters later (after an IBB to JBJ) Porcello takes Scherzer (relatively) deep for a bases clearing double after looking silly on the first 2 strikes

I just saw that. Crazy that Porcello hit one that deep into the gap.

Sure is s good thing that pitchers can't hit...

in the wow category

Bartolo is now moonlighting with the Twinsbut check out this guys minor league numbers, he makes Tony Gwynn look like a perennial 200k a year guyhttps://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...position=3B/OFhes k'd 76 times in over 2100 minor league at batshttp://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/8686/willians-astudillo

Dude never walks either. My guess is he if sees 2 pitches that is going deep in the count.

Interesting stats on run differential:

- Seattle is 23 games over .500 (.5 GB from Houston) but their run differential is only +22 (HOU is +170)

- WAS is a +32, but only 2 games over .500

- SF is 5 games over .500, but a -12

Interesting stats on run differential:

- Seattle is 23 games over .500 (.5 GB from Houston) but their run differential is only +22 (HOU is +170)

- WAS is a +32, but only 2 games over .500

- SF is 5 games over .500, but a -12

It's not what you hit, it's when you hit.

It's not what you hit, it's when you hit.

For Seattle, they can point to being 26-11 in 1-run games and 8-0 in extras.

By contrast, Houston is 10-16 in 1-run games and 2-4 in extras.

who was that guy that posted here that pitchers from the AL always bunt and are a waste of time?

who was that guy that posted here that pitchers from that said pitchers from the AL always bunt and are a waste of time?

Yeah. What a moron

Braves need to win today IMO... They need to right the ship...

Braves need to win today IMO... They need to right the ship...

Yeah. The Yankees took some life out of them. It happens.

Yeah. The Yankees took some life out of them. It happens.

Right... Because going 1-2 is devastating...

Blake Snell, 12-4 2.09era, 1.03whip, 132k's in 116 innings pitched....... for a sub .500 team.

if not for Severino, would be the AL CY Young leader right now, imho.

Phillies on a roll. They still badly need a middle of the order bat though.

Blake Snell, 12-4 2.09era, 1.03whip, 132k's in 116 innings pitched....... for a sub .500 team.

:mad:

One big difference is run support... Severino is getting 5.42 runs of support where Snell is getting 4.26... Severino will be in the lead because he has pitched well and he plays for the Yankees (and probably a big lead), but Snell should be right on his tail...

Yankees take another series on the road. Bullpen stellar without Chapman. Machine.

Albert Pujos is 128 from Aaron, 135 from Bonds and is signed for 3.5 more seasons. Also 332 RBI away from Aaron.

Also he has banked $257M, and has $187M left on his contract. Wow! That $187M left is almost exactly what Bonds made during his whole career.

... and he doesn't even make the All-Star Team.

Albert Pujos is 128 from Aaron, 135 from Bonds and is signed for 3.5 more seasons. Also 332 RBI away from Aaron.

Also he has banked $257M, and has $187M left on his contract. Wow! That $187M left is almost exactly what Bonds made during his whole career.

gross

... and he doesn't even make the All-Star Team.

Mainly because of the "at least one player from each team" requirement...