Sign in to follow this  
cavern

So - who are the backups that go to starter next year?

RB's most relevant but give the wr's too...

in your keeper leagues who do you drop your kicker to pick up right now that MIGHT just be worth keeping by next year's deadline?

James Conner possibly - lev bell is a free agent

Henry no question he will be number one.

Mixon and I list him because he wasn't really the number one from the start. He will be now.

Mccaffery I think he will be even more involved in the run game.

Mack of the Colts, no question he will be the Colts lead Rb.

appreciate the response. hoping for some ideas a little more "off the beaten path". these guys are rostered.

Gallman might not be - also appreciate that response

Henry no question he will be number one.

Mixon and I list him because he wasn't really the number one from the start. He will be now.

Mccaffery I think he will be even more involved in the run game.

Mack of the Colts, no question he will be the Colts lead Rb.

I picked up the following as possible starters for next year (dropped defense, kicker & TE):

Foreman, Hou-Miller is iffy

Booker, Den-will the Anderson experiment stop

Carson,Seattle-way speculative, but Rawls & Lacy may be gone or they draft someone

Barber, TB-new starter in TB maybe

Breida, SF-the new regime may prefer him to Hyde and he is decent

appreciate the response. hoping for some ideas a little more "off the beaten path". these guys are rostered.

Gallman might not be - also appreciate that response

Yeah no problem.

It's a great question.

And a tough one.

Looking at team rosters there sure is a lot of question marks going into nest season.

i'm interested in thoughts about Breida. i note carlos hyde is in a contract year. there have been articles about their WANTING to extend Hyde, but don't know if they truly will

I picked up the following as possible starters for next year (dropped defense, kicker & TE):

Foreman, Hou-Miller is iffy

Booker, Den-will the Anderson experiment stop

Carson,Seattle-way speculative, but Rawls & Lacy may be gone or they draft someone

Barber, TB-new starter in TB maybe

Breida, SF-the new regime may prefer him to Hyde and he is decent

Foreman in Houston is a pretty good one.

I'm taking a flyer on your Denver call too. But I'm rolling the dice with Henderson.

My other dart throw is Robert Davis wr Washington.

do you all think dede westbrook is worth keeping over trying to mine for rb gold with like breida or booker or similar?

i only have 3 rb's but have like 7 wr's.

i'm struggling to be convinced that dede has a cemented role for next year. they got alot of guys that could factor in

i'm interested in thoughts about Breida. i note carlos hyde is in a contract year. there have been articles about their WANTING to extend Hyde, but don't know if they truly will

I am in on Breida or some non-Hyde entity. I think the Niners will be frugal with certain positions. They will want oline for jimmy G. They also have to pay Jimmy G. That may price Hyde out of town. Hyde to Oakland sounds about right.

do you all think dede westbrook is worth keeping over trying to mine for rb gold with like breida or booker or similar?

i only have 3 rb's but have like 7 wr's.

i'm struggling to be convinced that dede has a cemented role for next year. they got alot of guys that could factor in

Yes. The guy is a stud. Don't forget, he was a heisman candidate in college. The skill is certainly there. The kid just has to keep his head on straight. Thats his flaw.

If M Willams of the Chargers can stay healthy, he should be their wr2.

• Like 1

That's a really good one. Totally forgot about that guy.

nobody thinks it could be Joe Williams instead of Breida that takes the starting RB job in SF if Hyde leaves?

remember it was Williams that was supposed to be the guy before he got hurt, and Breida didn't exactly light it up this year with his opportunities. there's a reason that Williams was a4th rd pick and Breida was undrafted.

just something to think about.

• Like 1

Who's going to be running for Washington next year???

Perine and Thompson. I honestly don't think they address the position at all in the off season

Redskins Rb situation is very much still a messy situation.

I agree about J Willams with the Niners.

1 Peter 1:15-25.

Merry Christmas

so, do you think it's J Williams over Breida? or a tossup?

Redskins Rb situation is very much still a messy situation.

I agree about J Willams with the Niners.

1 Peter 1:15-25.

Merry Christmas

Good call. It could be all of the rookie WRs that couldnt get right this year. Maybe even Ross.

so, do you think it's J Williams over Breida? or a tossup?

I think this off season for the Niners will be very busy.

So it's a toss up.

And I agree it will indeed be interesting to see how Ross develops.

Might as well jump in here. Disclaimer though, I dont have TV, so all I am going are players whos stats tickle my fancy.

#1 Jalen Richard RB: His YPC last year was great, slight down tick this year. Also catches pretty well. Depending on Lynch, or if he can land somewhere good, on paper he seems to have it all.

#2 Austin Ekeler RB. Almost the same situation. Good YPC and catches the ball.

#3 Mack Hollins WR: Long shot, but every december I start looking at rookie and 2nd year WR that are seeing an uptick in both targets and receptions. He might fit the bill.

#4 Chris Godwin WR. Rookie WR also seeing an uptick in receptions and targets (outside of a fluke week 10)

RB: Carson, (technically a starter this year but out for most of it), Powell (LOL), J Williams of SF, CMC, Alvin Super Hero Kamara!

WR: Dede Westbrook, Mike Williams, Keelan Cole (mabye)

TE: OJ Howard, Njoku

Golladay - Lions (not sure of the contract situations for Tate and Jones, but one or both could be cap casualties next year.

Hollins - Eagles (mentioned above, but he might not emerge until 2019)

Z.Jones - Bills (he was starting to flash and then totally fell off the map - not sure what happened there. He might be another one to emerge in 2019)

Gerald Everett, TE Rams

Was McVay's very first draft pick for a reason, because he sees Jordan Reed in him and McVay's offense is at its peak when it has a stud TE.

Chris Carson has been brought up a few times. is he more likely than mike davis to win that job next year?

I don't the Seahawks Rb situation could be unresolved.

I don't see a true rb1.

so, probably better to roster a d booker or a p barber where they have a better chance of winning a feature role?

I don't see a true rb1.

I like Booker and I think he has the best shot.

But wow it's a tough one.

Barber has looked good, but I still wonder why they the Bucs always turn back too Martin.

So I'm not so sure the Bucs feel comfortable with Barber as a rb1.

Booker seems do show some flash, but he hasn't step up and shown that he will diffently be the Broncos rb1.

But if I was going to pick one or the other, I would go with Booker.

Thanks for the reply.

Merry Christmas

appreciate it

merry christmas

I like Booker and I think he has the best shot.

But wow it's a tough one.

Barber has looked good, but I still wonder why they the Bucs always turn back too Martin.

So I'm not so sure the Bucs feel comfortable with Barber as a rb1.

Booker seems do show some flash, but he hasn't step up and shown that he will diffently be the Broncos rb1.

But if I was going to pick one or the other, I would go with Booker.

Thanks for the reply.

Merry Christmas

I don't see a true rb1.

Only Sea RB I am planning on holding is McKissic, just because he seems to be moving into a danny woodhead type role, and is good for at least 7 or 8 most weeks in PPR.

Davis looks to be the best they have. The way things have gone the last few years, whoever gets cut or traded seems to emerge as a RB1 wherever they land. (Forsett and Collins come to mind. Girls name did ok)

nobody thinks it could be Joe Williams instead of Breida that takes the starting RB job in SF if Hyde leaves?

remember it was Williams that was supposed to be the guy before he got hurt, and Breida didn't exactly light it up this year with his opportunities. there's a reason that Williams was a4th rd pick and Breida was undrafted.

just something to think about.

I think you're right. Williams was off SF's board entirely but when he was still available in the 4th round, Shanny Rat Jr pleaded to lynch, raving about Williams' ability, and Lynch relented. That pick is on Shanny so it only makes sense that Williams will be given every opportunity to win the job.

I think you're right. Williams was off SF's board entirely but when he was still available in the 4th round, Shanny Rat Jr pleaded to lynch, raving about Williams' ability, and Lynch relented. That pick is on Shanny so it only makes sense that Williams will be given every opportunity to win the job.

Thing I keep seeing when I look at Williams is that he was in the doghouse for fumbling issues, and was already behind Brieada in the preseason.

Just not sure what to think.

My thought on Joe Williams is that he wasn’t ready. The injury was a reason to essentially redshirt him. He is a high talent wildcard in what should become a good system. That makes for a nice dynasty stash if he’s available. I could easily see Hyde gone and JW winning the job. Or I could see him missing the 53.

My thought on Joe Williams is that he wasnt ready. The injury was a reason to essentially redshirt him. He is a high talent wildcard in what should become a good system. That makes for a nice dynasty stash if hes available. I could easily see Hyde gone and JW winning the job. Or I could see him missing the 53.

Correct. The injury wasn't serious but like you said, he had a bad camp, and just wasn't ready, so placing him on the IR was a crafty way of not having to burn a spot on the 53 to keep him, or risk exposing him on the the practice squad. The cowboys did the exact same thing with Rico Gathers. That's another name to remember for all you dynasty stashers.

I think Green Bay os going to figure out that aaron jones is their best runningback sooner or later

The guys i have on my dynasty team that i hope (need?) to break out are

AJ McCarron - counting on him getting traded or winning his case to get to be an unrestricted FA

Kenneth Dixon

Doctson - dez type. All they have him doing so far is catching jump balls. I'm worried he may be too stupid to learn a route tree or something.

Braxton miller- deshaun watson :drool:

Jaron brown - i had some space

Eric Decker - he's old but hes a free agent. If he ends up in some place like SF i can see him being pretty good.

Dede westbrook

Tyler higbee - I'm not sure mcvay will use his tightends much but the offense is powerful. Just trying to snatch a piece

Terrele Pryor - I never really liked him. I'm mostly hoping he signs with some decent team and i can flip him for something when he gets hyped.

I also have chris ivory thinking he'll be a salary cap casualty and might end up somewhere where he might become useful

I like Mack Hollins (TSmith signed for 1 year and not being used) and Jay Ajayi, still young, will take over the Eagles backfield IMO