Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

*** 80's Song Draft *** Completed

5.12 - Free Fallin' - Tom Petty

6.1 - If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

I can't believe Free Fallin' is still sitting here at the end of the fifth. I've been thinking of taking it for a while now, but nobody seems inclined to go for Petty yet.

That's the one I was talking about earlier. I couldn't believe it either. Released in late 89 and charted in 90. I don't know. I passed.

That's the one I was talking about earlier. I couldn't believe it either. Released in late 89 and charted in 90. I don't know. I passed.

When I saw it first thing that popped in my head was 90's but then again to think that The Beastie Boys was '86.....time rolls on.

Do not defend yourself for your pick. Awesome song, awesome vid to boot.

I'm starting to think that I will just go with my favorite songs by the artist.

I picked Whitesnake - Here I Go Again when Still of the Night, where not as popular in teh mainstream is BY FAR a more kick ass song.

I thought the same thing - once you took Here I Go Again I HAD to take In the Still of the Night - which kicks major ass

Don't want to hold you guys up but I'm going to be unavailable starting at 12:30 CST (Play-Off party) and was wondering if Sux doesn't pick should I pm my pick(s) to someone?

Don't want to hold you guys up but I'm going to be unavailable starting at 12:30 CST (Play-Off party) and was wondering if Sux doesn't pick should I pm my pick(s) to someone?

That'd be best. Normally, I'd be happy to do it but the time doesn't work as I'm on the other side of the planet and, I should already be asleep right now. So, somebody else.

You can PM me if you want

You can PM me if you want

Got a message saying member cannot receive any new messages when trying to pm you

I sent two choices to Raider Hater,have a great football day all!

Got a message saying member cannot receive any new messages when trying to pm you

Sorry. Don't know how to delete conversations from my phone. PM full. :doh:

I sent two choices to Raider Hater,have a great football day all!

:cheers:

Fixed it.

6.05 Born In The USA - Bruce Springsteen

Going patriotic, biotches :music_guitarred:

I wouldn't call it Patriotic. It is an anti-war song that criticizes the treatment of Vietnam veterans by the Govt. Great pick though.

I never understood how this guy could be popular for so long

The best American Rocker since Elvis

I wouldn't call it Patriotic. It is an anti-war song that criticizes the treatment of Vietnam veterans by the Govt. Great pick though.

When I was a kid my son's age, a lot of the dads around were Vietnam vets. Now I'm the war vet, ha, although what we went through in the Gulf War was nothing like what those guys went through.

Anyway, yeah, in the lyrics the guy goes through life and nobody gives a and his 'dead man's town' community sounds quite familiar to a kid who grew up in South Macomb. It's a song that really speaks to me.

And jerry called ME gay?!? :o

Good point. That being said, I'm a little disappointed in the trajectory of this thread; the last round or so has been "who can pick the more obscure hair metal song." I guess I can't argue anyone's strategy but I know I'm not voting for those. :dunno:

Been waiting for someone to remember this one. 6th round, really?

Hate Bruce. F him.

Hate Bruce. F him.

Cruzer is otc. What time are you planning on passing out? I got my pick ready.

Cruzer is otc. What time are you planning on passing out? I got my pick ready.

I'm on Mexican (Cruzer) time so I'm going to make you wait until the morning.

J/K

I got my picked cocked too.

And passed out ? Son I can drink you under the table - bang your mom - wipe my Cack clean on your cat - wash the dishes - do the laundry - eat out your sister and eat a burrito before you come to.

Then I'll pass out

:cheers:

• Like 1

Good point. That being said, I'm a little disappointed in the trajectory of this thread; the last round or so has been "who can pick the more obscure hair metal song." I guess I can't argue anyone's strategy but I know I'm not voting for those. :dunno:

I hope you're not referencing my pick in that as that song won numerous awards and was very high on charts,hell it even landed in Guitar World's 100 Greatest Guitar solos list.

Sorry been drinkin' all day and got focked by my Chiefs again :wave:

Dear Skids

Please call out what songs You thought were "obscure hair metal songs" because I have not seen one yet.

Been waiting for someone to remember this one. 6th round, really?

For me, Springsteen and another band which has not yet been chosen are two of my favorites of all time. But the hits are not songs of theirs I particularly like. I mean, if all you know of Springsteen is Born In The USA and Dancing In the Dark, then no wonder you think he sucks.

Plus I know Springsteen is largely despised around here (mostly for being a vocal liberal) and would fall deep in the draft.

• Like 1

For me, Springsteen and another band which has not yet been chosen are two of my favorites of all time. But the hits are not songs of theirs I particularly like. I mean, if all you know of Springsteen is Born In The USA and Dancing In the Dark, then no wonder you think he sucks.

Plus I know Springsteen is largely despised around here (mostly for being a vocal liberal) and would fall deep in the draft.

I'm about the biggest Springsteen fan you can find. I have yet to pick a song from him for this. The ones I truly like are not well known, and the well known ones are not what I truly like.

I'm about the biggest Springsteen fan you can find. I have yet to pick a song from him for this. The ones I truly like are not well known, and the well known ones are not what I truly like.

Exactly. Same is true of another prominent 80's band that was my favorite all through high school. I either hate or got very sick of their hits, but love their deeper tracks.

I may well end up taking one of each before its said and done. Who knows?

Exactly. Same is true of another prominent 80's band that was my favorite all through high school. I either hate or got very sick of their hits, but love their deeper tracks.

I may well end up taking one of each before its said and done. Who knows?

My eyes move rapidly as well.

My eyes move rapidly as well.

In your sleep

American Skin ?

Thoughts ?

American Skin ?

Thoughts ?

Everyone I worked with knew I was a big fan. When that came out I hadn't yet heard about it until I got into work. They were waiting for me, busting my balls. I told them to hold on till I read the lyrics. Nothing in that song is anti-police. It's as misunderstood as Born In the USA is. It does bring up the Diallo shooting, but it doesn't say anything disparaging about the cops, just about the situation. Let's face it, guy got shot at 41 times. There were going to be things said. The version with Tom Morello on guitar is really good. The few times he's played it in concerts that I have been at , I went and took a leak and got some beers. No one likes it that much when he does play it.