nospk

Who’s drinkin tonight?

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I sold my wrx for 3k more than I paid for it and then got a Tacoma TRD sport at MSRP. I did that in December, only because I thought the new wrx would drive down the value of last gen.

I plan on flipping the Tacoma before too long as well though.

Apparently I need to get caught up on the WRX/STI  news. I’ve been hearing about a new STI for more years than I can remember. Hope you find a new truck you enjoy…need the damn chips!

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I think if you’re getting a truck, the performance is really secondary. The twins turbo 3.5 is nice. I ended up trading in my F150 for an Expedition with the same engine/transmission. It’s essentially the same truck with interior conditioned space.

If you need truck for hauling a boat, you’re stuck. If you don’t need the truck, keep the WRX and enjoy!

I don’t know anything about the new turbo Tundra, but it’s intriguing.

I do like the ford 3.5 turbo and even the 2.7L turbo. But for a raptor I would want more.

I am boat shopping, but whatever I get will be towable by almost any truck.

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Apparently I need to get caught up on the WRX/STI  news. I’ve been hearing about a new STI for more years than I can remember. Hope you find a new truck you enjoy…need the damn chips!

It has the 2.4L instead of either the 2.0 or 2.5.

It is a more modern engine that has more hp/torque, but people are complaining about the fender flares.

Went to a place called Rough Rider yesterday for a late Valentine dinner.  It's a hipster bar/restaurant in a regentrified area called, appropriately, Roosevelt Row (our downtown streets are named for dead presidents).

https://roughrideraz.com/

Our table was the one in the center of the picture.

Click on the menu and you see they are mostly known for their drinks.  I had two Old Fashioned variations.  The "To My Critics" (under Classics) uses cognac instead of whiskey and adds absinthe.  I thought it was a bit "extra", didn't love it.  The second was "The Legend" (very bottom); I just did the 10 yr but it was still very good.

It was a fun venue for people who speak normally, but for me and my voice prosthetic it was too loud.  That's going to happen I guess when you try new places. In hindsight we should have asked to sit at the bar so we could be right next to each other.

:cheers: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Went to a place called Rough Rider yesterday for a late Valentine dinner.  It's a hipster bar/restaurant in a regentrified area called, appropriately, Roosevelt Row (our downtown streets are named for dead presidents).

https://roughrideraz.com/

Our table was the one in the center of the picture.

Click on the menu and you see they are mostly known for their drinks.  I had two Old Fashioned variations.  The "To My Critics" (under Classics) uses cognac instead of whiskey and adds absinthe.  I thought it was a bit "extra", didn't love it.  The second was "The Legend" (very bottom); I just did the 10 yr but it was still very good.

It was a fun venue for people who speak normally, but for me and my voice prosthetic it was too loud.  That's going to happen I guess when you try new places. In hindsight we should have asked to sit at the bar so we could be right next to each other.

:cheers: 

My my girlfriend and I travel, we focus on restaurants during our travel. Spare no expense. Don't even think about the cost if we want to eat somewhere.

Never been to that place, but I did notice on their menu, they charge $34 for a pork chop with apple slaw? $42 for veal schnitzel? Etc... Crazy.

That being said, I would go there for lunch and have a few drinks and roasted potatoes and artichokes to give them a chance. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

My my girlfriend and I travel, we focus on restaurants during our travel. Spare no expense. Don't even think about the cost if we want to eat somewhere.

Never been to that place, but I did notice on their menu, they charge $34 for a pork chop with apple slaw? $42 for veal schnitzel? Etc... Crazy.

That being said, I would go there for lunch and have a few drinks and roasted potatoes and artichokes to give them a chance. 

Yeah, the main courses were pretty sparse and not cheap.  I love sea bass but I don't love fennel and it mentioned it twice in the description.  We ended up deciding just to share some appetizers, as we like a "tapas" sorta meal with multiple small plates.  We got the fried cauliflower (outstanding) and crab dip (OK) and they were large servings, so we didn't get more.  The potatoes and artichokes were next on the list though.  Mussels looked good but we already had oysters (forgot to mention that) and picked the crab dip over them. :cheers: 

On a slightly related note my daughter is at ASU and this semester all of her classes are downtown vs. the main campus in Tempe, and it was fairly close to this area.  She seems invigorated this semester and I think part of it is the vibe down there.

• Like 1

I know that food costs are high right now but $42 for schnitzel is pretty excessive

13 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I know that food costs are high right now but $42 for schnitzel is pretty excessive

That's way more than excessive. Unless they slaughter the baby cow at the table and carve and make the schnitzel in front of you and feed you free drinks during the whole process. I would pay up for that. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

That was a dumb idea

Started at 9:00. Natty Light, hard seltzer’s, and vodka. Still sober and even flow.

2 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Started at 9:00. Natty Light, hard seltzer’s, and vodka. Still sober and even flow.

I’ve been drunk since 5:00 Friday- just asked the wife what did I miss and she said besides the whole weekend?

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Been a shiit weekend. PBR TALLBOYS and Jaeger. 

BTs just know to keep it coming on nights like this. 

What was sh1tty about your weekend?

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Jerry, nobody should F with you.

Wish I could impact that. 

You're a frigging Rockstar.  

Thanks man, I hope things are OK.  I would totally have a drink with you if I came to Denver... and your local is quiet.  :cheers:

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I’ve been drunk since 5:00 Friday- just asked the wife what did I miss and she said besides the whole weekend?

Just got a call to take a friends place to ride in the Mardi Gras Endymion parade, all expenses paid, But they want me to supply the booze. He has COVID. Contemplating it as I write this. Last time I rode I hit the drinking century mark. A hundred beers in seventy two hours. Plus bloody Mary’s all three mornings and shots at night of Jameson and Rumplemintz. Sleeper for three days and say a picture of me making out with a hot chick (38C) with one arm who was a marine biologist at the extravaganza that led to my eventual divorce. Don’t know if my liver or mentally can do it again. Probably will though. Gluten for punishment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Just got a call to take a friends place to ride in the Mardi Gras Endymion parade, all expenses paid, But they want me to supply the booze. He has COVID. Contemplating it as I write this. Last time I rode I hit the drinking century mark. A hundred beers in seventy two hours. Plus bloody Mary’s all three mornings and shots at night of Jameson and Rumplemintz. Sleeper for three days and say a picture of me making out with a hot chick (38C) with one arm who was a marine biologist at the extravaganza that led to my eventual divorce. Don’t know if my liver or mentally can do it again. Probably will though. Gluten for punishment. 

👍

I will be drinking tonight.  Going to see Shaman's Harvest and Theory of a Deadman tonight.  Stopping at the Cadillac bar on the way to the show to have a margarita to celebrate national margarita day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I will be drinking tonight.  Going to see Shaman's Harvest and Theory of a Deadman tonight.  Stopping at the Cadillac bar on the way to the show to have a margarita to celebrate national margarita day.

Fawking love that bar!!  Incredible margaritas and the flaming Mexican flag shots. And the hot tequila girls wearing the tightest black outfits and gun belt with the tequila and shot glasses that pour it in your mouth and shake your head silly whilst shoving their tig bittys In your face screaming “Lala lala swallow!! My name is on the wall. Wish I was there. :cheers:

19 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

It's been 25 years, but went to MG 3 times in the 90's.  Everyday there was a 30+ day, and may have even eclipsed 40, so I am sure I broke the century in 72 hours.  Easy.

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's been 25 years, but went to MG 3 times in the 90's.  Everyday there was a 30+ day, and may have even eclipsed 40, so I am sure I broke the century in 72 hours.  Easy.

Good times!! I’m too scared to do it again anymore. Don’t have it in me anymore. 

One year a few friends of mine stole a shopping cart from Canal Villerie and bought a keg of Bud. Filled the cart with ice and jaeger and cruised up and down St. Charles Ave with titty beads on Mardi Gras day. Fat Tuesday. The fatties were all over me. And I was quite happy. My best friend made a Dixie beer costume. Another did the Franazia box wine costume with the spout as his peemus. He put champagne in the bladder. Don’t know what it is about champagne and jaeger, but horny happens. Other friend dressed up as a trucker. Mullet, beard, John Deer hat, and was talking with a serious drawl. I was dressed as a hey bra. Jeans with horse hay glued on, twenty plus bras that I bought from the thrift store, cowboy hat with a Jack Daniel’s pin and feathers on it. By the end of the day, we all stumbled home. None of us went to work the next day. I lost my wallet. Dixie got chlamidia, Trucker lost virginity to a transformer, and Franzia got arrested for showing his cack to an undercover NOPD and had to eat the cheese grits they serve at OPP. 

Great fawking Phat Twosday. 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Does drinking give anyone else the bubbleguts?

Green apple splatters?? Yes!!

3 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I might get a cold beer on my train home today. 

A beerF ahmmm homo!! Just polished off a case of Natty light and a half bottle of vodka. Jameson is in my future. The chief of fawking police is questioning my iPhone tactics and my left hand side and neighbors are asking questions. My stepson is going to get more beer. Blahhh

I’m catching up quick. I stopped drinking on the train. There was a time I’d have 3 doubles in the 45 min ride. It gets expensive doing that everyday. Couple high noons and few shots in between I’m good. 

14 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I’m catching up quick. I stopped drinking on the train. There was a time I’d have 3 doubles in the 45 min ride. It gets expensive doing that everyday. Couple high noons and few shots in between I’m good. 

Why not just take a bottle on the train?  I'm pretty sure I've done that on the LIRR the few times I've ridden it.  :cheers:

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why not just take a bottle on the train?  I'm pretty sure I've done that on the LIRR the few times I've ridden it.  :cheers:

Trust me I have a bottle in my backpack in case or emergency- at all times. Right now Penn station is in complete overhaul - not one store/vendor open so it’s not easy to get a beer (they stopped selling trackside years ago) but the 30 concourse stores are closed for construction- so it’s been easy for me not to buy. 

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

And Skids when/where did you ride the LIRR ????

13 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

And Skids when/where did you ride the LIRR ????

I've always been a big Southwest Airlines guy because they have a major hub in Phoenix, and they fly into Islip, so I'd use free tickets.  Or used to anyway, it's been at least 15 years since I've been there.

I've done it for a cousin's wedding in Brooklyn (stayed at a friend's in Manhattan), a friend's wedding on the island (stayed in CT with another friend), a poker tournament in Manhattan, I think that's it.

The cousin's wedding was 2000, maybe early 2001, because we went to the top of the towers not long before 9/11.  Friend's wedding was June 1993, because it was during the Suns/Bulls championship series.  I don't recall when the poker tourney was but at least 15 years ago.  :cheers:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I've always been a big Southwest Airlines guy because they have a major hub in Phoenix, and they fly into Islip, so I'd use free tickets.  Or used to anyway, it's been at least 15 years since I've been there.

I've done it for a cousin's wedding in Brooklyn (stayed at a friend's in Manhattan), a friend's wedding on the island (stayed in CT with another friend), a poker tournament in Manhattan, I think that's it.

The cousin's wedding was 2000, maybe early 2001, because we went to the top of the towers not long before 9/11.  Friend's wedding was June 1993, because it was during the Suns/Bulls championship series.  I don't recall when the poker tourney was but at least 15 years ago.  :cheers:

Good stuff. Just think of you as a Michigan / Arizona guy - why would he be riding LIRR ! It’s been my on off commute for 30 years. (Sometime drive in and sometimes took subway) mostly LIRR.  

I drink 3-4 Soco 100 traveller's with beers on days off. They're like $0.75 a piece. Beats the hell out of $6 Yeagers. And it allows me some semblance of discipline and Portion Control.

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Oh and I’m still on a bender. It’s noon and I ran out of high noons and vodka. 

Son drove my drunk ass to the store and I’m good for rest of the week. Only cost me Taco Bell before they headed out to see Tool at USB Arena.