Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

***70s Music Draft Finals Voting***

Whose collection of 70s songs do you like best?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Whose collection of 70s songs do you like best?

1.02 - TBBOM Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin
2.14 - TBBOM No Woman, No Cry Bob Marley & the Wailers
3.02 - TBBOM The Chain Fleetwood Mac

4.14 - TBBOM Beast of Burden Rolling Stones

5.02 - TBBOM Take It Easy Eagles

6.14 - TBBOM Tiny Dancer Elton John

7.02 - TBBOM Ain't No Sunshine Bill Withers

8.14 - TBBOM Wild World Cat Stevens

9.02 - TBBOM Lets Stay Together Al Green

10.14 - TBBOM Solsbury Hill Peter Gabriel

11.02 - TBBOM Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Gordon Lightfoot

12.14 - TBBOM Baby I love Your Way Peter Frampton
13.02 - TBBOM Helpless Crosby Stills Nash & Young

14.14 - TBBOM Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet

15.02 - TBBOM Tuesdays Gone Lynyrd Skynyrd

16.14 - TBBOM Cecelia Simon and Garfunkel

17.02 - TBBOM Into the Mystic Van Morrison

18.14 - TBBOM Mr. Blue Sky Electric Light Orchestra

19.02 - TBBOM Love Her Madly The Doors

20.14 - TBBOM Roads To Moscow Al Stewart

1.03 - Vudu Free Bird Lynyrd Skynyrd
2.13 - Vudu Runnin With the Devil Van Halen

3.03 - Vudu Another Brick in the Wall Pink Floyd

4.13 - Vudu Sweet Emotion Aerosmith

5.03 - Vudu Do You Feel Like We Do Peter Frampton

6.13 - Vudu Roll With The Changes REO Speedwagon

7.03 - Vudu Fat Bottomed Girls Queen

8.13 - Vudu Reminiscing Little River Band

9.03 - Vudu Moondance Van Morrison

10.13 - Vudu Ballroom Blitz The Sweet

11.03 - Vudu Hot Legs Rod Stewart

12.13 - Vudu Baby Come Back Player
13.03 - Vudu Children of the Sun Billy Thorpe

14.13 - Vudu Roadhouse Blues The Doors

15.03 - Vudu Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover Paul Simon

16.13 - Vudu Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain Willie Nelson

17.03 - Vudu Rock On David Essex

18.13 - Vudu Get Back The Beatles

19.03 - Vudu Cant You See The Marshall Tucker Band

20.13 - Vudu The Load Out / Stay Jackson Browne

1.08 - Volty Won't Get Fooled Again The Who
2.08 - Volty Kashmir Led Zeppelin

3.08 - Volty Riders on the Storm The Doors

4.08 - Volty Dust in the Wind Kansas

5.08 - Volty Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap AC/DC

6.08 - Volty A Horse with No Name America

7.08 - Volty Walk This Way Aerosmith

8.08 - Volty Old Time Rock and Roll Bob Seger

9.08 - Volty Brown Sugar The Rolling Stones

10.08 - Volty Desperado The Eagles

11.08 - Volty Wheel in the Sky Journey

12.08 - Volty Take Me Home, Country Roads John Denver

13.08 - Volty Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Elton John

14.08 - Volty Peace of Mind Boston

15.08 - Volty Rhiannon Fleetwood Mac

16.08 - Volty Detroit Rock City Kiss

17.08 - Volty Hot Blooded Foreigner

18.08 - Volty Bad Company Bad Company

19.08 - Volty Just the Way You Are Billy Joel

20.08 - Volty Shambala Three Dog Night

1.09 - Zero T. Layla Derek and the Dominoes
2.07 - Zero T. Superstition Stevie Wonder
3.09 - Zero T. Dream On Aerosmith

4.07 - Zero T. Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd

5.09 - Zero T. Lola The Kinks

6.07 - Zero T. Roxanne The Police

7.09 - Zero T. Who'll Stop the Rain Creedence Clearwater Revival

8.07 - Zero T. Tangled Up In Blue Bob Dylan

9.09 - Zero T. Roundabout Yes

10.07 - Zero T. 25 or 6 to 4 Chicago

11.09 - Zero T. Lean on Me Bill Withers

12.07 - Zero T. Tumbling Dice The Rolling Stones

13.09 - Zero T. The Logical Song Supertramp

14.07 - Zero T. Heroes David Bowie

15.09 - Zero T. Let's Get It On Marvin Gaye

16.07 - Zero T. When the Levee Breaks Led Zeppelin

17.09 - Zero T. Rocket Man Elton John

18.07 - Zero T. Behind Blue Eyes The Who

19.09 - Zero T. My Sweet Lord George Harrison

20.07 - Zero T. The Low Spark of High-heeled Boys Traffic

1.11 - daino Imagine John Lennon
2.05 - daino Let It Be The Beatles
3.11 - daino Iron Man Black Sabbath

4.05 - daino Sultans of Swing Dire Straits

5.11 - daino The Joker Steve Miller Band

6.05 - daino Highway to Hell AC/DC

7.11 - daino Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress The Hollies

8.05 - daino Fire and Rain James Taylor

9.11 - daino Heart Of Gold Neil Young

10.05 - daino Killer Queen Queen

11.11 - daino Bridge Over Troubled Water Simon & Garfunkel

12.05 - daino You Aint Seen Nothing Yet Bachman-Turner Overdrive

13.11 - daino ABC Jackson 5

14.05 - daino Dance The Night Away Van Halen

15.11 - daino Rock And Roll All Nite Kiss

16.05 - daino Brick House Commodores

17.11 - daino Black Water Doobie Brothers

18.05 - daino Call Me The Breeze Lynyrd Skynyrd

19.11 - daino I Can See Clearly Now Johnny Nash

20.05 - daino Cocaine Eric Clapton

1.12 - jerryskids Bohemian Rhapsody Queen
2.04 - jerryskids Piano Man Billy Joel
3.12 - jerryskids Paradise by the Dashboard Light Meat Loaf

4.04 - jerryskids Black Magic Woman Santana

5.12 - jerryskids The Boxer Simon and Garfunkel

6.04 - jerryskids Black Dog Led Zeppelin

7.12 - jerryskids Ramblin' Man The Allman Brothers Band

8.04 - jerryskids 2112 Rush

9.12 - jerryskids Renegade Styx

10.04 - jerryskids Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry

11.12 - jerryskids Taxi Harry Chapin

12.04 - jerryskids If You Could Read My Mind Gordon Lightfoot

13.12 - jerryskids On Broadway George Benson

14.04 - jerryskids Thunder Road Bruce Springsteen

15.12 - jerryskids Love Reign O'er Me The Who

16.04 - jerryskids I'm Your Captain / Grand Funk Railroad

Closer to Home

17.12 - jerryskids Rock Lobster The B-52s

18.04 - jerryskids Maybe I'm Amazed Paul McCartney

19.12 - jerryskids Can't You Hear Me Knocking Rolling Stones
20.04 - jerryskids Journey from Mariabronn Kansas

Finals voting.

Thanks to all who participated and are voting.

All solid. All have songs I would not of picked so that is not a factor.

I have to vote for the squad that has the most that was on my draft board.

Hate having to choose one but if I have to my vote goes to

ZeroTolerance

If I had to pick one of those lists to listen to for the rest of my life, I'd pick Volty's.

All solid. I cant wait for raiders YouTube project on this one.

Great work guys.

My faith in the geek club has been restored.

Struggling between Zero, Saints, and Jerry (was back and forth between rain and Jerry in the first round)

Damn all 3 hav great songs late.

Maybe Im Amazed

Black Water

Brick House

Lets Get it In

RocketMan

The Logical Song May be the tie breaker for me to give it to ZeroT

Struggling between Zero, Saints, and Jerry (was back and forth between rain and Jerry in the first round)

Damn all 3 hav great songs late.

Maybe Im Amazed

Black Water

Brick House

Lets Get it In

RocketMan

Tired of people calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical (not sure they've gotten to criminal yet)?

• Like 1

This helped seal the deal for me as well. ZT

Tired of people calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical (not sure they've gotten to criminal yet)?

I see what you did there.

Volti. By far he got the highest score by my scoring system.

Thats funny that the guy who says he hasnt heard of half the songs drafted and worried that he couldnt think of songs to pick will win it all. :lol:

Thats funny that the guy who says he hasnt heard of half the songs drafted and worried that he couldnt think of songs to pick will win it all. :lol:

No. You misunderstand. It's not that I ever worried that I couldn't think of songs to pick. That's going to be my 90s problem.

No, as I'd said earlier and is buried somewhere, to my thinking, the 70s are like finding gold in a gold mine. The biggest worry was never that I wouldn't be able find gold, it's that the guys making selections after me would be able to come out with a bigger rocks because they know better where to look.

See, this is how it went with me in the 70s draft.... I'm doing my research, there's this awesome song sitting there on the lists and I'm looking at and I see it ... but then I just skim right over and past it ... I don't recognize it or the artist. I couldn't recite the lyrics. :dunno: Pass. That happened to me a hell of a lot.

I said the 70s were like searching for gold in a gold mine, whereas the 90s will be like searching for undigested kernels of corn in a waste treatment facility.

Also, I recognized 60% of the drafted songs and maybe 30% of the songs on the lists I was combing over. I knew all but six of Cruzer's songs whereas just under half of HT's.

No. You misunderstand. It's not that I ever worried that I couldn't think of songs to pick. That's going to be my 90s problem.

No, as I'd said earlier and is buried somewhere, to my thinking, the 70s are like finding gold in a gold mine. The biggest worry was never that I wouldn't be able find gold, it's that the guys making selections after me would be able to come out with a bigger rocks because they know better where to look.

See, this is how it goes with me in the 70s draft.... I'm doing my research, there's this awesome song sitting there on the lists and I'm looking at and I see it ... but then I just skim right over and past it ... I don't recognize it or the artist. I couldn't recite the lyrics. Pass. That happened to me a hell of a lot.

I said the 70s were like searching for gold in a gold mine, whereas the 90s will be like searching for undigested kernels of corn in a waste treatment facility.

Also, I recognized 60% of the drafted songs and maybe 30% of the songs on the lists I was combing over. I knew all but six of Cruzer's songs whereas just under half of HT's.

Im struggling with the 90s for the opposite reason.

To me, 60s and 70s and 80s are just lists of songs. They have little relation to my life and my memories. They are great songs, the best in fact. But I experienced them in a laboratory setting, i.e in my music room, usually baked. (I had a music room at my house. Killer stereo, beanbag chairs, and a water bong.)

The 90s is different. This is the song I first danced with a girl to. This one was playing when I first got laid. This one got me through a bad breakup. I have no idea how to rank them.

So Im largely not gonna try. There are a couple of songs that are my favorites that were also big hits. Hopefully I can grab those early. After that, there is a long string of songs I have to have, some very obscure.

And Im not throwing stones at your team. You drafted great. I voted for you in the prelims.

• Like 1

That was about the 90s. The 70s I could have went 70 rounds with no problem. Volti had a great song in every round. Also by my scoring system you were #2. You had only one miss. If not for Ballroom Blitz I wouldn't have known which way to go. I'm just not a fan of that song. Volti Got very lucky stumbling upon Shambala. A song that we all would of missed and wouldn't have made our after draft list. Great find. The rest of the finalist only had 2 or 3 misses IMO. Great draft by all of you. But Volti killed it every round. For someone saying he was he was running out of songs he got steal after steal starting with Rhiannon. The stumbled across a Three Dog Night Obscure that was excellent. Some said his line up was too good. When voting for the best line up, how can it be too good?

See, this is how it went with me in the 70s draft.... I'm doing my research, there's this awesome song sitting there on the lists and I'm looking at and I see it ... but then I just skim right over and past it ... I don't recognize it or the artist. I couldn't recite the lyrics. :dunno: Pass. That happened to me a hell of a lot.

Curious which ones you didn't know?

That was about the 90s. The 70s I could have went 70 rounds with no problem. Volti had a great song in every round. Also by my scoring system you were #2. You had only one miss. If not for Ballroom Blitz I wouldn't have known which way to go. I'm just not a fan of that song. Volti Got very lucky stumbling upon Shambala. A song that we all would of missed and wouldn't have made our after draft list. Great find. The rest of the finalist only had 2 or 3 misses IMO. Great draft by all of you. But Volti killed it every round. For someone saying he was he was running out of songs he got steal after steal starting with Rhiannon. The stumbled across a Three Dog Night Obscure that was excellent. Some said his line up was too good. When voting for the best line up, how can it be too good?

Oops. That was Vudu with Ballroom Blitz, so he was my #2

Zero had an amazing draft especially the first 3rd of his draft. He was on his way to blow us all away. But a couple of mid to late round picks wouldn't make my play list. Good songs, but not my thing. But those first 6 picks were my dream draft.

Titan's 2 round pick could have been stronger. Great Iconic song, but now my thing. After that it was strong. Loved the Ain't No Sunshine pick. A steal there. A couple of late round picks cost you my vote. But overall an excellent draft.

Titan's 2 round pick could have been stronger. Great Iconic song, but now my thing. After that it was strong. Loved the Ain't No Sunshine pick. A steal there. A couple of late round picks cost you my vote. But overall an excellent draft.

I was really surprised no more bob Marley went. I would have thought that would have been a guy that had several picked. So I grabbed my favorite early.

Clearly could have waited.

Daino's 2nd Pick hurt him slightly. A John Lennon and then a Beatles hurt his early diversity. But he came back strong. With the exception of sultans of swing. Just not a fan of that song. I loved the Fire and Rain pick. A steal. Late round I can see clearly now hurt a little. Better songs didn't make the cut at all.

Jerry was killing it, but a couple of mid to late round picks I didn't care for.

I don't want it to seem like I'm picking on the weak picks for you guys, but that's what you look at in voting. Too many great picks to discuss and I ramble enough as it is. You all had a really amazing draft and all deserved to be in the final. Great job by all of you. :cheers:

I was really surprised no more bob Marley went. I would have thought that would have been a guy that had several picked. So I grabbed my favorite early.

Clearly could have waited.

If you had let it drop to you then you would have lost one of your excellent following picks. Marley deserved to be picked, but wouldn't make my playlist. A really great draft. But I'm just not a reggae guy. I'm a rocker, so that's what I look for in voting except for ballads that I love. I went with a lot of homey picks. But I wasn't picking to win. I was picking songs I wanted in my lineup. I'm not saying anyone was picking to win. I'm just saying give me songs I like. If it's not on my playlist let someone who likes it have it. But really you had an amazing draft.

Curious which ones you didn't know?

1.01 - HT Born to Run Bruce Springsteen 2 (Great)

2.15 - HT I Wanna Be Sedated Ramones - (Awful)

3.01 - HT Me and Bobby McGee Janis Joplin - Dunno

4.15 - HT Fooled Around and Fell in Love Elvin Bishop - Dunno

5.01 - HT The Devil Went Down to Georgia Charlie Daniels Band (Great)

6.15 - HT Blinded By The Light Manfred Mann (Great)

7.01 - HT I Don't Like Mondays The Boomtown Rats - Dunno

8.15 - HT Lido Shuffle Boz Skaggs - Dunno

9.01 - HT I Got A Name Jim Croce - Dunno but a + since I like Bad Bad Leroy Brown

10.15 - HT Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton - Like

11.01 - HT Midnight Train To Georgia Gladys Knight And The Pips - Dunno

12.15 - HT Burning Love Elvis Presley - Dunno this song but + since I like Elvis generally

13.01 - HT Can't Get Nuff of Your Love Babe Barry White - Like

14.15 - HT September Earth, Wind and Fire - Meh

15.01 - HT Let Your Love Flow The Bellamy Brothers -Dunno

16.15 - HT Bell Bottom Blues Derek and the Dominos - Dunno, I do like Layla but think it's overrated

17.01 - HT Already Gone The Eagles (Great)

18.15 - HT After The Lovin' Engelbert Humperdinck - Dunno

19.01 - HT Scenes From An Italian Restaurant Billy Joel (I didn't know it but I when I was researching Billy Joel, I saw how popular it was, even more than the BJ songs I love: JtWUR and SAaW2Me so I gave it a listen mid-draft but was disappointed that it didn't do anything for me (despite being half Italian)

20.15 - HT I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend The Rubinoos - Dunno

I like or love the songs I know.

I don't know the Ramones song, but dislike the whole punk rock genre.

Billy Joel should have registered better with me. It's a frustrating pick. Online polls and lists likes that song of his second best in the 70s, but I disagree as the song isn't one that I particularly like personally.

Volti killed it the first 10 rounds. Solid but not great picks for the next 2 and then cleaned all our clocks from there on out. Shambala was an awesome find. Obscure that it no one knew the artist or title and we had to look it up. I recognized the song itself and thought that's a great song. It turning out to be a Three Dog Night song sealed the deal for me.

9.01 - HT I Got A Name Jim Croce - Dunno but a + since I like Bad Bad Leroy Brown

12.15 - HT Burning Love Elvis Presley - Dunno this song but + since I like Elvis generally

16.15 - HT Bell Bottom Blues Derek and the Dominos - Dunno, I do like Layla but think it's overrated

19.01 - HT Scenes From An Italian Restaurant Billy Joel (I didn't know it but I when I was researching Billy Joel, I saw how popular it was, even more than the BJ songs I love: JtWUR and SAaW2Me so I gave it a listen mid-draft but was disappointed that it didn't do anything for me (despite being half Italian)

Billy Joel should have registered better with me. It's a frustrating pick. Online polls and lists likes that song of his second best in the 70s, but I disagree as the song isn't one that I particularly like personally.

I didn't care for your 2nd and 6th round picks. But I really liked the rest of your draft. Stole Burning Love from me. Nice. I love the After The Lovin pick especially that late. You needed some more hard rock in your line up and that hurt you some, but I really liked most of what you picked. You were hurt by the bracket you were in and the lack of rockers, but personally I would love to get my hands on your music collection.

If you had let it drop to you then you would have lost one of your excellent following picks. Marley deserved to be picked, but wouldn't make my playlist. A really great draft. But I'm just not a reggae guy. I'm a rocker, so that's what I look for in voting except for ballads that I love. I went with a lot of homey picks. But I wasn't picking to win. I was picking songs I wanted in my lineup. I'm not saying anyone was picking to win. I'm just saying give me songs I like. If it's not on my playlist let someone who likes it have it. But really you had an amazing draft.

Im not a big reggae fan either. Aside from bob Marley, I can only name two other reggae musicians, and one is his kid.

But for whatever reason, that Legend album was huge when I was in high school. People had bob Marley blankets and posters. Hell, my sisters husband named their dog Marley.

I know its a compilation album, so it doesnt really count as an album per se, but if I had to spend the rest of my life on a desert island and could only take five cds with me, thats probably one of em. Rumours would be another one from the 70s.

I didn't care for your 2nd and 6th round picks. But I really liked the rest of your draft. Stole Burning Love from me. Nice. I love the After The Lovin pick especially that late. You needed some more hard rock in your line up and that hurt you some, but I really liked most of what you picked. You were hurt by the bracket you were in and the lack of rockers, but personally I would love to get my hands on your music collection.

I thought his 6th was one of his best picks. I was gonna take that song next if he hadnt. Lol

Already gone as late as he got it is a steal.

I learned two things from this draft.

1. Unless there is ONE song by one of the big deep bands you really have to have, wait and pick up the one hitters and shallower bands. The zep and eagles and Fleetwood Mac and skynyrd songs that were picked late or not picked at all are just as good as the ones in the early rounds.

2. You guys know your sh!t. Not much is gonna slide by.

Interesting. I not only know every song on this list, but can recite the lyrics to each without hesitation.

Hell, I know how to play more than half of them.

There are only 4-5 songs in this entire draft that I never heard of. But again, all this music has been a big part of my life.

Before digital music, we depended on the radio and record stores for exposure. It was an entirely different world, and I suspect music was much higher on the entertainment ladder back then.

3 tv channels, a stereo, a football, basketball, baseball, a bike and the great outdoors.

For me it's a tie between Vudu & Volty, they each have only three songs I do not like. I'll have to re-evaluate and decide which of those three bug me the most and then probably flip a coin before I pick.

For me it's a tie between Vudu & Volty, they each have only three songs I do not like. I'll have to re-evaluate and decide which of those three bug me the most and then probably flip a coin before I pick.

Every in the finals had an awesome list. Vudu killed it, but for me Volti really pulled away with that last part of his draft. Steal after steal. Then the last pick sealed the deal. It met what you want for obscure, but not so obscure that you were scratching you head.

Went with Zero T. A lot of great classic rock, a couple of my favorite prog rock tunes, and some great sleeper picks. Vudu, HT and Volty all have great squads as well. Tough to pick one.

Fat Bottom Girls and Roadhouse Blues are excellent picks where drafted. Nice.

• Like 1

give folks another look before it hits page two

Anybody that has Zeppelin automatically does not get a vote, so a pick between two...

• Like 1

Posty doesn't approve, I am even more confident in my team now.

If you would have left of Zeppelin, you would be winning in a landslide...

Anybody that has Zeppelin automatically does not get a vote, so a pick between two...

Posts likes me! He really likes me!