Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

How come you don’t have to refrigerate chocolate?

I mean its got milk in it. Maybe butter and egg too? And just generally seems like the kinda thing that would normally be refrigerated.

And yet we dont.

Why is that? :dunno:

cocoa butter acts as a preservative.

Using that logic, you'd have to refrigerate cupcakes.

due to the moisture, you are better off refrigerating cupcake (also frosting needs it).

last weekend we made key lime cupcakes that had a lime curd filling. needed to be refrigerated.

due to the moisture, you are better off refrigerating cupcake (also frosting needs it).

last weekend we made key lime cupcakes that had a lime curd filling. needed to be refrigerated.

GFY

😀

• Like 1

What kind of man are you? Well, you're weak, spineless, a man of temptations. But what tempts you? You're a portly fellow. A bit long in the waistband. So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no... Yours is a sweet tooth. Oh, you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master... The cocoa bean! And only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you. If you could, you'd guzzle it by the gallon... Ovaltine!? Hershey's!? Nestle's Quick!?

• Like 1

We tend to refrigerate chocolate in Phoenix, because in general it is hot here, and if we leave it out it melts.

I mean its got milk in it. Maybe butter and egg too? And just generally seems like the kinda thing that would normally be refrigerated.

And yet we dont.

Not all chocolate has milk. Milk chocolate does, but most dark chocolates don't.

Chocolate contains cocoa butter, which is high in saturated fat.

Plain chocolate does not have eggs. In most cases the ingredients in chocolate are: sugar, cocoa solids, cocoa butter and soy lecithin. Chocolate candy products that hav…e a nougat in them often have egg whites.

And yet we dont.

same with cookies

Not all chocolate has milk. Milk chocolate does, but most dark chocolates don't.

Chocolate contains cocoa butter, which is high in saturated fat.

Plain chocolate does not have eggs. In most cases the ingredients in chocolate are: sugar, cocoa solids, cocoa butter and soy lecithin. Chocolate candy products that have a nougat in them often have egg whites.

Whats your point old timer? We dont refrigerate milk chocolate or nougat filled chocolates or even the ones with g0ddamn cream in the middle!

Dont talk to me about focking dark chocolates.

We don't refrigerate cows and chickens. :dunno:

...And how come you never see cows in a rainstorm banging on the door saying "Hey Hey hey! Let us in! It's raining - and we're wearing LEATHER here!" :shocking:

TU, JS

Whats your point old timer? We dont refrigerate milk chocolate or nougat filled chocolates or even the ones with g0ddamn cream in the middle!

Dont talk to me about focking dark chocolates.

You asked why and I told you. The lack of comprehension is your problem!

Once theyre a food item you do :doh:

At that point, they no longer contain milk and eggs. Weird.

Frozen chocolate is damn good especially Snickers and Peanut M & M's

Its been bothering me for a while

You live a hard life man.

In former Soviet Russia, chocolate refrigerates you. :ninja:

One thing that still skeeves me out here in china is the careless approach to refrigeration. There are lots of places near our house that I refuse to eat at. My fiancée does and has no problems, but Ill pass.