Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

JR is 2 for 9 with two airballs. Lazy defense. Dumb mistakes.

Play literally anyone else. Korver, Clarkston Cedi, at least they arent idiots and give effort.

Dumb

It wasnt a tech the ref called a foul on Bell before LeBron through him off. Since it was before the ball was inbounded it was an away from the play call. Extra FT

Ah gracias. Was wondering why they were reviewing.

JR is 2 for 9 with two airballs. Lazy defense. Dumb mistakes.

Play literally anyone else. Korver, Clarkston Cedi, at least they arent idiots and give effort.

Believe it or not, I think they're all worse than Jr smith

Garbage ball. Nobody even tries for offensive rebounds. These teams would get their asses kicked badly by championship teams of the 80s.

Curry is so special. I feel bad for the people who can't appreciate it.

You are missing greatness.

Curry is so special. I feel bad for the people who can't appreciate it.

You are missing greatness.

Hes already called the best shooter ever and is working on another title right here. Hes already a hof shoe in. Thats pretty solid general consensus, anyone hating on him now is just delusional mostly.

Garbage ball. Nobody even tries for offensive rebounds. These teams would get their asses kicked badly by championship teams of the 80s.

No. They changed the rules hence the change in style/strategy.

I think the trick with Jr Smith is don't let him play on the road

Curry is great but the 80s Lakers & Celtics & 83 Sixers crush either of these talent lacking teams. One teams has LeBron and scrubs. The other has Curry, Durant and scrubs.

I don't know. Players are all bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled these days. You drop the showtime Lakers in this time, and a guy like Kareem would be a complete liability on defense because the warriors would keep abusing him on the perimeter.

Curry is great but the 80s Lakers & Celtics & 83 Sixers crush either of these talent lacking teams. One teams has LeBron and scrubs. The other has Curry, Durant and scrubs.

Dude, shut up.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-finals-2018-tristan-thompson-interview-video-stephen-curry-cavs-warriors-game-2/1v88fia22lz6j12eu1lyslo122

Reporter: "When Curry goes on a run like that, do you feel a sense of helplessness out there when you can't defend him?"

Thompson: "No. F. No. We did a good job I mean, I'm switching out on him, I'm guarding him, so I'm never helpless with no guy in the NBA. Bet. Fed up."

I wonder why he sucks so bad if he's never helpless with no guy.

The 2017 defensive player of the year is a scrub?

The 2017 defensive player of the year is a scrub?

Meh. Ham and egger. Lakers had one too in Michael Cooper. Plus they had 3 hall of famers. 2 of which were among the greatest players ever. Garbage ball gets crushed by showtime and as a sixer fan back then,i hated them. The bulls crush these losers as well. They have 3 Hof guys and a dpoy as well.

Curry is awesome, but they would stand no chance. LeBron,also awesome, with his cast of clowns would be destroyed 4 straight.

I don't watch any NBA anymore except for LeBron. Is it going to be a problem for the NBA when he leaves? I'm not a big fan of the chuck and duck 3 point play style that appears to have taken over. I could be wrong.

Meh. Ham and egger. Lakers had one too in Michael Cooper. Plus they had 3 hall of famers. 2 of which were among the greatest players ever. Garbage ball gets crushed by showtime and as a sixer fan back then,i hated them. The bulls crush these losers as well. They have 3 Hof guys and a dpoy as well.

Curry is awesome, but they would stand no chance. LeBron,also awesome, with his cast of clowns would be destroyed 4 straight.

Youre preaching to the choir. Im an LA native. Grew up with the Showtime Lakers. I dont think you can even compare the two though. The players now are much stronger. The game is faster and the rules favor the offense. I dont think the Showtime Lakers would even be a finals team in the current NBA.

I don't watch any NBA anymore except for LeBron. Is it going to be a problem for the NBA when he leaves? I'm not a big fan of the chuck and duck 3 point play style that appears to have taken over. I could be wrong.

I personally don't think so. There is a huge crop of really really talented young players.

Certainly not of LeBrons caliber yet but keep in mind Curry and those guys are not really all that old either.

I do however think it will be a problem for the league if LeBron comes West next year.

I personally don't think so. There is a huge crop of really really talented young players.

Certainly not of LeBrons caliber yet but keep in mind Curry and those guys are not really all that old either.

I do however think it will be a problem for the league if LeBron comes West next year.

Curry doesn't do it for me. I consider him one dimensional. All time great at that one thing, but still. Also NY has been a basketball desert since the late 90's. That's a long time to be disenfranchised from the sport.

Curry doesn't do it for me. I consider him one dimensional. All time great at that one thing, but still. Also NY has been a basketball desert since the late 90's. That's a long time to be disenfranchised from the sport.

I agree on Curry. I'm aware he's a special shooter But I don't find his game all that interesting to watch. Can't guard the chair you're sitting in...okay passer okay rebounder for a guard.

Boston is going to be really good for number of years. I think the Lakers are in a position to be really good for a number of years. That certainly helps.

Youre preaching to the choir. Im an LA native. Grew up with the Showtime Lakers. I dont think you can even compare the two though. The players now are much stronger. The game is faster and the rules favor the offense. I dont think the Showtime Lakers would even be a finals team in the current NBA.

The Lakers were offense. A good article on the changes in O rebounding philosophy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14505051/transition-defense-left-offensive-rebounds-cutting-room-floor

Everyone hanging around the 3 point line is a failure but because the GREAT spurs teams could, every coach thinks they can now. I mean I watch this garbage and the minute someone shoots, these idiots are heading the other way and the brick shot bounces right to where one of these guys was. Who gives a about a fast break here and there. Apparently these coaches are more worried about that than they should be. When JR Suck shoots,everyone should be attacking the glass because it's a brick.

I agree on Curry. I'm aware he's a special shooter But I don't find his game all that interesting to watch. Can't guard the chair you're sitting in...okay passer okay rebounder for a guard.

Boston is going to be really good for number of years. I think the Lakers are in a position to be really good for a number of years. That certainly helps.

I would be in to a lakers/celtics revival.

I equate this lack of interest in O rebounding to the failure of RBBC in the NFL. Carolina was successful, then everyone thought they could be to, not realizing it was a talent thing. Same with NO now, but we are seeing a move back to the primary 3 down back with gurley, d Johnson, bell and soon, barkley among others.

I equate this lack of interest in O rebounding to the failure of RBBC in the NFL. Carolina was successful, then everyone thought they could be to, not realizing it was a talent thing. Same with NO now, but we are seeing a move back to the primary 3 down back with gurley, d Johnson, bell and soon, barkley among others.

Ha. Well I think you saw a decline in offensive rebounding when teams went away from having huge post players. Now you have smaller guys trying to offensive rebound. And offensive rebounding is not all that easy to do. And an easy way to pick up stupid cheap fouls. Think teams just found more value in getting back and playing defense.

Curry doesn't do it for me. I consider him one dimensional. All time great at that one thing, but still.

Completely ridiculous...

Curry is an elite ball handler. Eyeball test tells you that.

He is a top Assists guy, as he has finished 6th, 6th, 10th, 12th, and 15th in assists in the league.

Among guards, he is top 10 in rebounds.

He isn't a plus defender, but if you believe in the advanced stats, he is average.It's just that

Your perception is simply skewed by the fact that he is better at shooting than any other player in the NBA is at anything. In essence, you are comparing all other aspects of his game to his shooting.

Completely ridiculous...

He is a top Assists guy, as he has finished 6th, 6th, 10th, 12th, and 15th in assists in the league.

He isn't a plus defender, but if you believe in the advanced stats, he is average.It's just that

Your perception is simply skewed by the fact that he is better at shooting than any other player in the NBA is at anything. In essence, you are comparing all other aspects of his game to his shooting.

I think that's more a product of who he has around him more than he's just some Elite distributor of the ball.

He's fine. I can appreciate the greatness of his bshooting while still not finding him that interesting to watch. For me I think it's completely unintentionally in his defense what it's doing to a generation of kids. I see it all the time. Kids going to the gym and just start chucking up threes when they have no business doing it. Not everybody can do it. Kind of drives me crazy.

Completely ridiculous...

Everyone in the back court of an NBA team is an elite ball handler.

I think the trick with Jr Smith is don't let him play on the road

Hes mentally checked out. You can see it. There was a time when he was a great athlete and good defender. Those days are gone. Hes nothing more than an extremely streaky shooter who constantly is late on switches resulting in wide open layups.

To defend GSW you have to have a couple max effort guys. The PJ Tuckers, Marcus Smarts, Matthew Delladovas.

JR Smith can get away with his low IQ, lazy play in the regular season but not against this team. He is a huge liability out there. The only time he isnt is when he catches one of his streaks where he makes several 3s in a row. Thats like 10 percent of the time though.

Completely ridiculous...

Nailed it. I was all worked up and going to pound out a long dissertation about Curry's game.

Appreciate the leg work.

:thumbsup:

Apparently the Warriors are upset that Kendrick Perkins didn't move out of the way when Curry backed up into their bench. Damn these guys are some pansies.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Multiple Golden State Warriors players told ESPN they were disturbed by Kendrick Perkins' reluctance to move his knees and feet as Stephen Curry backed into the Cleveland Cavaliers big man at the end of the third quarter, resulting in a verbal confrontation between the two.

Some Warriors believe it was a dangerous play by Perkins and told ESPN that was the reason the 6-foot-3 guard confronted the 6-foot-10 center, resulting in the two standing face-to-face and exchanging words in front of the Cavaliers bench before being separated.

The fear was Curry could have sprained an ankle or suffered a knee injury. The incident occurred when Curry tossed up a wild shot in an attempt to beat the buzzer and his momentum carried him backward.

Perkins, who is inactive, never moved his knees, legs or feet, and the back of Curry's right leg bumped into him.

Nobody tripped Curry whiny Warrior fans. Apparently sitting still on the bench is dirty now and one has to jump out of the way and pat lil Steph on the head to make sure he is okay. Poor baby.

:lol:

I think that's more a product of who he has around him more than he's just some Elite distributor of the ball.

He's fine. I can appreciate the great Mississippi shooting while still not finding him that interesting to watch. For me I think it's completely unintentionally in his defense what it's doing to a generation of kids. I see it all the time. Kids going to the gym and just start chucking up threes when they have no business doing it. Not everybody can do it. Kind of drives me crazy.

Going to be a lot of draft classes absolutely overloaded with 3-Point shooters in 10-15 years.

In 10-15 years most players will be 6'6" to 6'10" 3 and D guys and it'll basically be position-less basketball.

Apparently the Warriors are upset that Kendrick Perkins didn't move out of the way when Curry back up into their bench. Damn these guys are some pansies.

Nobody tripped Curry whiny Warrior fans. Apparently sitting still on the bench is dirty now and one has to jump out of the way and pat lil Steph on the head to make sure he is okay. Poor baby.

That's today's NBA. No one can touch anyone. Curry would've already been clotheslined out of the league after his first shimmy-shake in the 80's

Apparently the Warriors are upset that Kendrick Perkins didn't move out of the way when Curry backed up into their bench. Damn these guys are some pansies.

I have little doubt that Perkins added to it and said something too. That is his style.

In 10-15 years most players will be 6'6" to 6'10" 3 and D guys and it'll basically be position-less basketball.

Our youth and high school teams here all play a read and react offense, which is essentially positionless.