Sign in to follow this  
gpann101

Who's your " Damn, i should have drafted that guy" non pick this year?

I'll be starring at Tyreek Hill or Stephon Diggs when my turn comes up in my keeper league. Both have great upside but there's another guy I think could trump both..AMARI COOPER. Yes,he's burned many but from what I'm reading from camp, he's been playing out of his mind! Gruden being there now just makes it that much harder to pass on him. Who's your " Damn ,I should have drafted that guy?"

I love Amari and have for years as a Bama fan but I've been burned too many times by the preseason hype. I hope you're right for his sake though.

David Njoku, I needed a TE in my dynasty draft, It was my pick and I thought of picking him but he was a long ways down the list, so I cleverly thought, he'll be there later...

Guess who the very next pick was?

Barkley...

Im not willing to pay anywhere near the going rate; however, will not be surprised if he meets or beats all expectations.

Travis Kelce was going to be my answer as it's against my religion to spend such high draft capital on a TE. I'd had my heart set on selecting "sure thing" Larry Fitzgerald who is an asset in the sense that he's not competing with a "lot of other mouths to feed" in ARI.

Fitzgerald had higher PPR points-per-game last year than Kelce (16.29 vs 15.70) but the fall off from Fitzgerald among WRs in points-per-game is slow and gradual whereas the falloff from Kelce among TEs is quick and steep. Perhaps Kelce is a better way to differentiate myself against my league mates.

So this thread has been responsible for me having another think on Kelce. :)

He may end up on my team tomorrow, but it depends on if he falls to the 5th. To me it's Marshawn Lynch. A lot of experts have him ranked pretty low for a starting running back behind a good line with a coach who loves Lynch. How much can we tell from so little action? He looked spry as hell on that 60 yard run

Besides the ageless Gore, we haven't had that out of nowhere past 32 season from a running back that no one saw coming in a while. I am going to be looking very hard in the 5th round as either my 2nd or 3rd running back

Lynch as a rb2 or rb3 huh.

Mmm I just don’t see it myself.

I really think D Martin will have a bigger role then most think he will.

We shall see what happens.

Thanks.

A lot of times there’s a 4th round rookie RB who ends up being next years second or even sometimes first round pick. Royce Freeman could potentially be that guy and I’ll wish I had reached even a round and gotten him in the third.

Lynch as a rb2 or rb3 huh.

Mmm I just dont see it myself.

I really think D Martin will have a bigger role then most think he will.

We shall see what happens.

Thanks.

I was originally thinking this way myself. That's a very real possibility. I just think that if Lynch is healthy, Gruden is going to ride him. While I don't believe Martin is washed up, he just didn't look all that good last year. I'm either going to get Lynch in the 5th and celebrate, or he is going to make me wish I had just taken another receiver and played running back roulette with my 3rd rb

A lot of times theres a 4th round rookie RB who ends up being next years second or even sometimes first round pick. Royce Freeman could potentially be that guy and Ill wish I had reached even a round and gotten him in the third.

I am rolling with David Johnson, Gurley, and Freeman in one dynasty. Pretty excited about seeing Freeman in action when the regular season starts

Does Freeman lose 3rd down work?

He definitely will not be the primary option on 3rd down. He won't even start the season as main 1st and 2nd down back. He should imo. I have seen enough of Booker to believe he should only spell a better running back, like Freeman

He definitely will not be the primary option on 3rd down. He won't even start the season as main 1st and 2nd down back. He should imo. I have seen enough of Booker to believe he should only spell a better running back, like Freeman

I have been targeting him in my non-PPR drafts already, simply because Booker is pretty much a known commodity by now.

Seems like Ill avoid Denver altogether for my PPR leagues though.

I was originally thinking this way myself. That's a very real possibility. I just think that if Lynch is healthy, Gruden is going to ride him. While I don't believe Martin is washed up, he just didn't look all that good last year. I'm either going to get Lynch in the 5th and celebrate, or he is going to make me wish I had just taken another receiver and played running back roulette with my 3rd rb

Martin as flat out sucked the past couple of seasons.

Sorry for using the work sucked.

After thinking about your point, I can see where Lynch can indeed be used a lot early on in the season while he’s fresh.

And then Martin could be the guy too own, maybe.

Thanks.

It’s entirely possible that guy could be Jimmy Graham. Rodgers is a favorite to lead the league in td passes and Jimmy doesn’t block, means more passing. The offense hasn’t flowed through a te in years but now Jordy gone and Jimmy in town maybe they tweak it.

It’s entirely possible that guy could be Jimmy Graham. Rodgers is a favorite to lead the league in td passes and Jimmy doesn’t block, means more passing. The offense hasn’t flowed through a te in years but now Jordy gone and Jimmy in town maybe they tweak it.

Along with an new OC. Curious to see how this plays out. If Rodgers likes Graham and he's the mismatch Rodgers says he is, Graham will score a lot of TDs.

For me, it's probably going to be Tarik Cohen... I think the offense is going to be focused around making Trubisky comfortable. I see a lot of Cohen and Burton as the Bears play catch up.