Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Mark Ingram

Honestly I’m predicting disappointment. Mainly because everyone is all over him like Kamara isn’t the top player in fantasy and Ingram will just waltz into his top 10 status like last year. Usually when everyone thinks something will happen, it doesn’t.

I think he will eat into Kamara's absurd numbers, but I don't have much faith in him being more than a flex option at best.

He's a big part of the offense. Automatic Rb2

His role will be minimized if the New Orleans defense continues to be garbage. He was a beast last year because The strong defensive play allow them to grind it out on the ground. Passing situations = Kamara all day

His role will be minimized if the New Orleans defense continues to be garbage. He was a beast last year because The strong defensive play allow them to grind it out on the ground. Passing situations = Kamara all day

Maybe they try more ball control and clock control to keep their defense off the field? Probably.

His grinding style and power running game was part of the reason the saints defense played well. The saints were able to keep the ball on the ground with long drives, resting defense.

Ingrams presence will be a positive on both sides of the ball. The saints defense is not as bad as we've seen. Improvement will and is already happening

• Like 1

Same as last season, no reason to expect less.

Best thing that could happen to the Saints def.

Same as last season, no reason to expect less.

Best thing that could happen to the Saints def.

Kamara has proven he can be a workhorse and is a generational talent. Why curb his production to get Ingram 10 carries a game and steal a few of his catches? Maybe not, in which case Brees and Thomas will suffer when they throw a lot less.

Just look at the lack of ff points Brees had last season.

I think that will once again be the game plan.

But why push the issue with Kamara, when you have another rb that can get the job done.

I think Ingram will indeed be what he was last season.

And look at the def stats, I’m going say they where better last season play small ball with both backs, then it’s been this season.

Thanks.

I think he will be the same as last year. I dont think the saints want to run Kamara into the ground and it will also help control the clock and keep the defense fresh if they run more like last year. I just acquired Ingram in a trade and I'm starting him this week.

i imagine he gets eased in this week. hasn't practiced with team or played since august, correct?

I have him pegged as a high end RB2... not necessarily in his first week back, but in the not too distant future... NO is a superbowl contender, and they want to keep both fresh for the playoff run... I see Kamara getting more touches through the air going forward, and Ingram having a large role once again, although slightly less than last year...

He'll be about what he was last season,

The two headed monster worked, they will do it again

Ingram will be a great weekly flex start.Good time to sell Brees high though.

I wish. He had a bad game, means no one will touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Just traded Bell for Ingram. Too many questions with Bell even if he does report in Week 7, and even if Ingram doesn't pick up where he left off last year, still think he's a RB2 or Flex.

I dumped him for Fournette in one league. Fournette gets 20++ carries when he's healthy.

I think Ingram will be back to last year maybe 20% less. Coach Peyton seems to dislike him. I know Kamara seems to be his boy. I can see him being a RB2.

I'd love to sell high on Brees, but the combination of his last start, the return of Ingram, and the flood of quarterbacks putting up numbers so far this year makes it rather unlikely.

I'd love to sell high on Brees, but the combination of his last start, the return of Ingram, and the flood of quarterbacks putting up numbers so far this year makes it rather unlikely.

Very true, Zero. And therein lies the problem. The time to move Brees was around Week 2 or 3. Ingram's return will make the Saints offense more balanced, with an increased emphasis on the running and short passing game to keep the defense off the field.

Kamara's truly the focal point of the offense and will continue to get his. Ingram will be a mid-RB2 or flex option. I'm starting both the rest of the way.

Just traded Bell for Ingram. Too many questions with Bell even if he does report in Week 7, and even if Ingram doesn't pick up where he left off last year, still think he's a RB2 or Flex.

Wow good move.

Home this week, start him and when he has a good game maybe people will be more receptive.

Brees needs 271 yards to pass Manning on the all-time list. I suspect the Saints go out of their way to make sure he breaks the record in front of the home crowd. In other words, lots of passing for at least this next game. Then resort to more of what we saw last year.

See him eased back in to spell Kamara and eat garbage time yards. What is to be seen is if he gets the goal line carries.

I’m sure he will get goalline work.

See him eased back in to spell Kamara and eat garbage time yards. What is to be seen is if he gets the goal line carries.

Will be interesting considering Kamara has been the best goal line RB in the league pretty much.

Home this week, start him and when he has a good game maybe people will be more receptive.

If he has a good game there is still the immediate bye week to cool interest.