Sign in to follow this  
ramz04

Mahomes TD to Kelce... backwards pass?

I think that mahomes TD pass to Kelce could get changed to a Kelce rushing TD. Looks like a backward pass to me. Say it is a forward pass.. is it still a reception if caught behind the line of scrimmage? Because Kelce was definitely behind the line of scrimmage. See play below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPk6d_qgWHQ

I think that mahomes TD pass to Kelce could get changed to a Kelce rushing TD. Looks like a backward pass to me. Say it is a forward pass.. is it still a reception if caught behind the line of scrimmage? Because Kelce was definitely behind the line of scrimmage. See play below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPk6d_qgWHQ

A player can catch a pass behind the line of scrimmage. Not behind the QB.

Youre kinda reaching here.

My division rival won by 1 point and has mahomes. I was reaching, I admit

If he catches it behind the end zone, is it a fair catch?

If he catches in the stands the team gets 12 points.

I dont think its as clear as yall are making it out to be. Looks exactly parallel if anything.

I could definitely see this one getting changed. Looks like the ball is caught slightly behind where the ball was released when Kelce reaches back for it.

I would be curious how it would've been ruled in real time if nothing else changed except for the fact that Mahomes double underhand pitched it instead of overhand threw it. If it would be ruled a rushing TD because of a classic QB pitch to his "RB" from Mahomes then it should be ruled a rushing TD regardless of overhead throw. I have no skin in this ruling but curious in the outcome. A -4 or -6 from Mahomes would swing a ton of fantasy games that have been clearly won in the opposite direction.

It would bump me up a spot, as the guy ahead of me had Kelce and Mahomes started. He leads me by 1.25 pts. He stands to lose 5 pts. 4 for the td and 1 for the rec. I dont think they will change it, but 1 can hope. Lol

I could definitely see this one getting changed. Looks like the ball is caught slightly behind where the ball was released when Kelce reaches back for it.

This is how I see it as well. Everyone claiming forward pass are obviously just biased mahomes owners.

It's close but I don't see it getting changed

Ball appears to be thrown from the 4.5 or 5 yard line with Kelce standing at the 4... Doubt they touch this.

Watched it frame by frame, with no dog in this hunt. Ball is released a couple inches inside the 5, and caught about 8-10 inches inside the 5. Forward pass....very slightly.

Side note: Tyreek is a horrible blocker. Didn't even try on this play....on a pertinent block.

Whats the official deadline on stat corrections, Weds?

Stat corrections are usually on Thursday.