Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Koepka tee shot blinds woman

Back of the ticket:

"You assume all risk and danger arising out of your attendance including loss of your personal property, or injury from a golf shot or by other spectators or players, and you hereby release TOUR, the host organization, the host site, television broadcasters, sponsors, vendors and their respective affiliates, employees and agents, and all volunteers, participating players and caddies, from any and all liabilities arising out of such losses or injuries."

Sucks for her, but oh well. They owe you nothing

Ban golf balls?

She was obviously blind before the shot or she would have seen it coming and reacted

She very clearly had her eye on the ball. After the shot.

Is that a lift, clean and place situation? Cruzer?

Im am 100% sure Id take someones eye out if ever presented with the opportunity to drive a golf ball anywhere near where fans lined the fairways.

• Like 1

Back of the ticket:

Yeah, standard bailment language. The same thing to find in the back of for example your long-term parking ticket or a baseball ticket. Same thing with hockey.

The reality though is many of these are settled out of court.

From a little bit I've heard about this biitch, I hope she gets nothing.

• Like 1

Back of the ticket:

:thumbsup: Baseball tickets say the same thing I believe

Back of the ticket:

Theyll settle outside of court and shell still get money to avoid bad publicity.

Settle what?

Shes already lawyered up, wouldnt it possibly be cheaper for them to just pay her off now and avoid a lawsuit even if they ultimately would win it anyways?

Shes already lawyered up, wouldnt it possibly be cheaper for them to just pay her off now and avoid a lawsuit even if they ultimately would win it anyways?

There is just no lawsuit to be had. Fans at sports events go at their own risk. Who is she going to sue for this? The golfer? The golf ball? Did someone push her purposefully in line of the ball? A taco that someone may have been eating? Her doctor? Her therapist? The person who gave her the ticket? Herself for going?

There is just no lawsuit to be had. Fans at sports events go at their own risk. Who is she going to sue for this? The golfer? The golf ball? Did someone push her purposefully in line of the ball? A taco that someone may have been eating? Her doctor? Her therapist? The person who gave her the ticket? Herself for going?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20171217/fans-sue-nascar-daytona-speedway-claiming-injuries-from-crash-debris-toxic-fluid

Just having stuff on the back of the ticket does not absolve issues of negligence. There is a (justifiably high) burden of proof, but it could happen. Maybe Koepka was on drugs or was blind. :dunno:

Just having stuff on the back of the ticket does not absolve issues of negligence. There is a (justifiably high) burden of proof, but it could happen. Maybe Koepka was on drugs or was blind. :dunno:

Or maybe he is a republican that hit a stupid liberal not paying attention. Then every liberal politician in the nation would be calling for an investigation.

• Like 1

People can sue people for anything. I just asked you who is she going to sue and for what? What did someone do wrong?

Maybe she could argue it was negligent of them to allow the crowd that close, I dont know, many possibilities. I just think itll get settled never go to court, shell get a small chunk of change and thats that.

Maybe she could argue it was negligent of them to allow the crowd that close, I dont know, many possibilities. I just think itll get settled never go to court, shell get a small chunk of change and thats that.

Well God bless those frivolous lawsuit people who actually get money for doing something stupid.

• Like 2

Im am 100% sure Id take someones eye out if ever presented with the opportunity to drive a golf ball anywhere near where fans lined the fairways.

Absolutely :doublethumbsup:

I just wish I was good enough to not kill any of them when those donks are lining up in the rough (free reign for them it seems) and give me a 10 foot wide lane to try and not hit any of them.

Just crazy

Yeah, standard bailment language. The same thing to find in the back of for example your long-term parking ticket or a baseball ticket. Same thing with hockey.

The reality though is many of these are settled out of court.

From a little bit I've heard about this biitch, I hope she gets nothing.

On the bolded - :cheers:

On the rest, Yea....I'm sure you're correct. Unfortunately.

People can sue people for anything. I just asked you who is she going to sue and for what? What did someone do wrong?

If you read the article, it tells you that. I am not sure about French law, but:

- organizers had narrow fairways even for golf standards

- no one yelled or signaled of a wayward tee shot

- she wants her medical expenses covered for current and future potential costs as a result of this

- she is suing the organizers who made plenty of dough off the spectators

you didn't read the whole article :wave:

“Ball strikes are an occasional hazard for spectators but this kind of incident is extremely rare.We can confirm that ‘fore’ was shouted several times but also appreciate how hard it can be to know when and where every ball is struck if you are in the crowd. We are hugely sympathetic and will do everything we can to support the spectator, insofar as that is possible under very difficult circumstances.”

• Like 1

you didn't read the whole article :wave:

Ball strikes are an occasional hazard for spectators but this kind of incident is extremely rare.We can confirm that fore was shouted several times but also appreciate how hard it can be to know when and where every ball is struck if you are in the crowd. We are hugely sympathetic and will do everything we can to support the spectator, insofar as that is possible under very difficult circumstances.

From where? If the guy at the tee says fore, she wont hear it. Have you seen what those guys do at the tee.

Remember, we are talking about the French. If there is a ball coming there way, those cheese eating surrender monkeys are running for the hills long before they let other spectators know of a wayward tee shot.

I am not saying her suit has merit. I am saying that dismissing it based on an article and info printed on the ticket doesnt mean sh!t.

If you read the article, it tells you that. I am not sure about French law, but:

- organizers had narrow fairways even for golf standards

- she wants her medical expenses covered for current and future potential costs as a result of this

- she is suing the organizers who made plenty of dough off the spectators

So she is suing because she wants.

And because the business makes money.

Sounds like I should sue the lottery for me not winning.

So she is suing because she wants.

And because the business makes money.

Sounds like I should sue the lottery for me not winning.

If one of those lottery balls flew out and hit you in the eye causing you to require surgery. Sure

From where? If the guy at the tee says fore, she wont hear it. Have you seen what those guys do at the tee.

Remember, we are talking about the French. If there is a ball coming there way, those cheese eating surrender monkeys are running for the hills long before they let other spectators know of a wayward tee shot.

I am not saying her suit has merit. I am saying that dismissing it based on an article and info printed on the ticket doesnt mean sh!t.

I know what you are saying, bro :cheers:

Just let me win my first factual checking argument here evah...I'd appreciate it :D

I know what you are saying, bro :cheers:

Just let me win my first factual checking argument here evah...I'd appreciate it :D

You are awarded a Coors Light! :cheers:

• Like 1

You are awarded a Coors Light! :cheers:

Too bad I'm on water right now. :(

eta: arrghhhh...softball :wall:

If one of those lottery balls flew out and hit you in the eye causing you to require surgery. Sure

Nope. Pain and suffering. And all of my kids are not eating and 4 of them died of malnutrition because I am broke if I don't win. Well, I can still afford beer at least.

But they could have had safety netting lining every fairway to protect the patrons.

Or provided helmets and goggles for everyone in attendance

And instructed the players to not play in such a manner that would endanger spectators. Even if it effects scoring

Clearly this is a case of negligence