Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys

I'd rather have Cooper now than whatever WR they could take in the 1st round next year. Cooper is fast, runs good routes, and has good height, and a good work ethic and is coachable (too bad the coach is Garrett), although I talked to a friend today who is a Raiders fan and he said that Cooper doesn't go up and fight for the ball. He's very happy with the trade and the Raiders rebuild efforts.

• Like 2

4 videos in a row of qualified NFL analysts in favor of this trade. :headbanger:

4 videos in a row of qualified NFL analysts in favor of this trade. :headbanger:

These guys aren't analysts, they're entertainers. But it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it's too early to have a definite answer.

These guys aren't analysts, they're entertainers. But it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it's too early to have a definite answer.

whatever you call them, but yeah it is too early.......we shall see.

Here's another......

I'd rather have Cooper now than whatever WR they could take in the 1st round next year. Cooper is fast, runs good routes, and has good height, and a good work ethic and is coachable (too bad the coach is Garrett), although I talked to a friend today who is a Raiders fan and he said that Cooper doesn't go up and fight for the ball. He's very happy with the trade and the Raiders rebuild efforts.

The one and most important thing a wr needs to have is the ability to catch the ball, and I notice you didnt mention that.

Because he cant.

0 drops this year.

a clear-cut number one wide receiver.

My comparison of Moss was to show that being on a different team with a different quarterback may change everything for a very talented WR. Dallas can certainly support a #1wr to succed.

His value is low, and can only go up from here.

I say it is it 50-50. If it works out youll be a lot stronger in the playoffs with him. I am betting on it!

Tyler Boyd is a better #2 than Cooper will ever be a #1

It's hard to give up a first rounder for a someone that has been dubbed as having "little passion for the game".

I don't mind trading away a 1st for a guy with proven first round talent and measurables, but his supposed lack of effort is a huge red flag.

They already have a guy as good as Amari in Hurns. You don’t give a 1st for a guy who needs to prove it. A 2nd or 3rd would have been fine and Oakland would have been happy with that.

The drops have always been a puzzle for me. In Coop's last year at Alabama he posted a sick 71% catch per target ratio and made a run at 2,000 yards receiving. An oft overlooked stat is his yards of separation per route, where he's among the league's leaders. In the last three years Carr has been a strict pocket passer, showing almost no mobility or knack for extending plays. He's known for getting his passes out quick, which hardly benefits a WR like Coop. I'm very interested to see how he performs with a mobile QB like Prescott, who can occasionally get outside the pocket and allow his WRs time to create.

Outside of the drops, which he may work through, this is a very sound kid. He's a technician at running routes, has mad physical skills, and has just turned 25. I actually like this deal for Dallas, provided Coop's agent doesn't get stupid at negotiation time.

The Nugs in Northern Cali are some of the best in the world...

I hate to make posts like these since I'm not really defending the trade. I wouldnt of done the trade if I were Dallas.

But why is Amari Cooper all of a sudden trash? Can someone explain it to me? Is it only because of his sudden dip in numbers on a declining and then tanking team?

If he doesnt love football or comes with any bagage then sure. But that is all speculation. I never remember his character in question back when he was drafted. Maybe I am wrong on that. But like another poster said, I always viewed him as a guy who has worked on his craft and was sound character wise.

I hate to make posts like these since I'm not really defending the trade. I wouldnt of done the trade if I were Dallas.

But why is Amari Cooper all of a sudden trash? Can someone explain it to me? Is it only because of his sudden dip in numbers on a declining and then tanking team?

If he doesnt love football or comes with any bagage then sure. But that is all speculation. I never remember his character in question back when he was drafted. Maybe I am wrong on that. But like another poster said, I always viewed him as a guy who has worked on his craft and was sound character wise.

Because he CAN'T CATCH... this is kind of important for a receiver. He can get open all day long, but when the ball hits you in the hands, you have to hold on. Cowboys had an older/ cheaper Cooper, named Dez.. same problem.. great after the catch, but very inconsistent when it came to actually catching.. so its funny that they traded one guy that cant catch for another.

Because he CAN'T CATCH... this is kind of important for a receiver. He can get open all day long, but when the ball hits you in the hands, you have to hold on. Cowboys had an older/ cheaper Cooper, named Dez.. same problem.. great after the catch, but very inconsistent when it came to actually catching.. so its funny that they traded one guy that cant catch for another.

Lol this post... You're a funny guy. Not that you're a clown and you amuse me. But that you make me laugh.

They are two completely different football players.

Maybe you guys could look at julio jones drops

Or

Mike evans. Had the most drops in 2015.

Damaryius Thomas has more dropped passes than Amari has in the last 3 years. 15-17.

So all of these guys suck too??

Clearly has the talent, skill and ability. Plus past sucess. Mark my words, he will be better than he was the first half of this year, easily.

Or

Damaryius Thomas has more dropped passes than Amari has in the last 3 years. 15-17.

Clearly has the talent, skill and ability. Plus past sucess. Mark my words, he will be better than he was the first half of this year, easily.

:crickets:

Or

Ok ill bite.. show me the stats

Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Ok ill bite.. show me the stats

Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but theyre historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but theyre historically bad.

Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011), and Cooper (2015 and 2017).

Dak is not super accurate as it is. Does he really need a wr that drops the ball when he does get it to him?

Man. If only someone had brought those exact stats up earlier in the thread.