RLLD

Trump threatens to close 'Southern Border entirely

The fact that six Republican senators defected is telling. These guys are usually like rats. Once they get enough political cover from the first couple of defectors, others tend to follow.

The fact that six Republican senators defected is telling. These guys are usually like rats. Once they get enough political cover from the first couple of defectors, others tend to follow.

Shows me the Republicans are more apt to act bipartisanly than Democrats (as I predicted)

Still waiting to learn how Pelosi could end this today?

Stop stonewalling on the notion of funding a wall, pretty simple really. They don't care about the money, just sticking it to Trump which is immature and unacceptable given the insane amounts of pork they have burned needlessly over the year for THEIR pet projects.

• Like 1

Try negotiating instead of staggering away, half blitzed out of her gord? You familiar with the concept of negotiating? Someone makes an offer you don't like, you counter.

Well, she can't today because the house took a long weekend. Nice huh?

I admit I am a dumb dumb, but....

The Dem proposal has already passed the House (Now) and The Senate (in December). Now it isn't passing the Senate only because Trump is against it. So Trump can end this thing tomorrow.

But the Trump proposal....even if Pelosi said she was on board, it can't get past the Senate....if it could have, it would have happened last year when Pelosi wasn't a factor.....So I don't see how Pelosi has the power to end this thing tomorrow.

But again, I am dumb, so tell me where I am incorrect.

Again, when Republicans had both chambers and Paul Ryan lead the House, Mitch McConnell couldn't push a wall through the Senate.

But now that a Democrat leads the House, it's Nancy Pelosi's fault that McConnell can't push a wall through the Senate?

It's just illogical. I mean, I get it. Don't push too hard for something you know you can't pass until there is someone on the other side to loudly blame. It's good political strategy. I'd expect it to work on all the people that only half follow this type stuff, and that number is significant. I am surprised to see so many of you that know all the specifics falling for it though.

Stop stonewalling on the notion of funding a wall, pretty simple really. They don't care about the money, just sticking it to Trump which is immature and unacceptable given the insane amounts of pork they have burned needlessly over the year for THEIR pet projects.

Trump doesnt care about a Wall, just ruling his base up over this stupid campaign prop. Looks like he guessed wrong on this one though. Time to take the L and move on Don:

Trump doesnt care about a Wall, just ruling his base up over this stupid campaign prop. Looks like he guessed wrong on this one though. Time to take the L and move on Don:

I disagree. I suspect he cares alot about that wall, and so much so that he is vastly overestimating its actual value. I am not confident we can have the labelthrowers hold him to the standard of "racist" etc if he is not indeed steadfastly for that stupid wall....

I disagree. I suspect he cares alot about that wall, and so much so that he is vastly overestimating its actual value. I am not confident we can have the labelthrowers hold him to the standard of "racist" etc if he is not indeed steadfastly for that stupid wall....

Donald cares so much about the Wall that he waited til Democrats had the House before shutting down the government over it. Seems like kind of an odd strategy unless you realize the Wall is just a campaign prop to rile the dummies up.

Donald cares so much about the Wall that he waited til Democrats had the House before shutting down the government over it. Seems like kind of an odd strategy unless you realize the Wall is just a campaign prop to rile the dummies up.

So then he is a clever politician? That is an even harder sell for me.....if anything he appears even more clumsy and out of his area....

He definitely is riling up the "dummies".

So then he is a clever politician?

Not this time. Donald lost the Wall fight weeks ago.

Again, when Republicans had both chambers and Paul Ryan lead the House, Mitch McConnell couldn't push a wall through the Senate.

But now that a Democrat leads the House, it's Nancy Pelosi's fault that McConnell can't push a wall through the Senate?

It's just illogical. I mean, I get it. Don't push too hard for something you know you can't pass until there is someone on the other side to loudly blame. It's good political strategy. I'd expect it to work on all the people that only half follow this type stuff, and that number is significant. I am surprised to see so many of you that know all the specifics falling for it though.

Yup

I'm really surprised this hasn't been talked about. But then again with this place? Maybe I shouldn't be.

You know the loudest voices you're not hearing against the border wall and immigration reform?

The Koch brothers. They basically run the Republican party. They fund almost every Republican candidate. They run the show. But they keep their mouths quiet as opposed to tweeting like a twelve-year-old girl.

Do some research. Read something. If you think pelosi and Beto are the only reason we don't have a border wall yet? You don't understand diddly about GOP politics.

That's why, even when Trump had both houses he still couldn't get the wall built.

Kochs and others realize we need cheap labor. Republicans want cheap labor. And our current birth rate? Isn't enough to sustain our current GDP much less grow it.

End of the day, the Koch brothers get what the Koch brothers want. And right now, Republicans have to talk out of both sides of their mouth ti keep the Trump base happy and still keep getting those fat checks from the Koch brothers.

I'm really surprised this hasn't been talked about. But then again with this place? Maybe I shouldn't be.

You know the loudest voices you're not hearing against the border wall and immigration reform?

The Koch brothers. They basically run the Republican party. They fund almost every Republican candidate. They run the show. But they keep their mouths quiet as opposed to tweeting like a twelve-year-old girl.

Do some research. Read something. If you think pelosi and Beto are the only reason we don't have a border wall yet? You don't understand diddly ###### about GOP politics.

That's why, even when Trump had both houses he still couldn't get the ###### wall built.

Kochs and others realize we need cheap labor. Republicans want cheap labor. And our current birth rate? Isn't enough to sustain our current GDP much less grow it.

End of the day, the Koch brothers get what the Koch brothers want. And right now, Republicans have to talk out of both sides of their mouth ti keep the Trump base happy and still keep getting those fat checks from the Koch brothers.

You are a loon. Get help.

Your post mentioning this the other day did get me reading some about it.

Just thinking it through logically....... the baby boomers are leaving the workforce, the birthrate per female is at an all time low, total births are at 30 year lows.....all of that juxtaposed with a GDP that we ask to grow by 2% or so every year...........Economies are extremely complex, so I know these things can't be simplified down to just a few stats, but I do ask myself how we intend to maintain our current economy and GDP with less American workers and less foreign workers.

• Like 1

Your post mentioning this the other day did get me reading some about it.

Just thinking it through logically....... the baby boomers are leaving the workforce, the birthrate per female is at an all time low, total births are at 30 year lows.....all of that juxtaposed with a GDP that we ask to grow by 2% or so every year...........Economies are extremely complex, so I know these things can't be simplified down to just a few stats, but I do ask myself how we intend to maintain our current economy and GDP with less American workers and less foreign workers.

Automation

Wow..what a take down.

Careful: 12th Man is a very dangerous man, according to himself online.

Careful: 12th Man is a very dangerous man, according to himself online.

Coffee ready?

Automation

That makes sense.

In reading some, it does seem the Koch organization is going to spend this next election cycle pushing for permanent status for people brought here illegally as children, and just generally it seems they are much more pro-immigration than the current Republican messaging..... I admittedly don't know a ton about the Koch Brothers, but it has always seemed their political causes were more driven by economical beliefs more so than social injustice and whatnot. So I guess I want to read and hear more in an effort to see why their thoughts don't align with current Republican messaging.

Brief thought has me believing immigration is a net good for the economy, yet that doesn't register well with the Republican voting base, so politicians are forced to decide whether to appeal to their base or do what is best for the country, which creates this half measure situation. That said, I'm not married to this belief totally and will keep listening and reading up on the thinking.

• Like 1

I interviewed with Koch once.

Your thoughts are valid. As a family-owned operation, they are far less worried about any of the social aspects of policy and far more worried about tax policy-esp the estate tax.

They also realize that automation only gets us so far.

he United States population is growing at the slowest rate since 1937, when the country was in the midst of the Great Depression.

The national population grew by just 0.6% between July 1, 2017 and July 1, 2018,

At the same time, the U.S. economy is likely to decelerate from a projected 3.1% growth rate in 2018 to an annual average of 1.7% over the next decade, the CBO projects. Previously the agency had predicted the economy would grow slightly faster in the next 10 years.

The agency believes slow population growth is one of the chief reasons

Wow the loon is on a roll.

As always, you add no facts, perspective, resources or content to the conversation. So why don't you go change your alias again? The grown ups are talking.

Wow the loon is on a roll.

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?????

As always, you add no facts, perspective, resources or content to the conversation. So why don't you go change your alias again? The grown ups are talking.

You just signed your own death warrant. :shocking:

RIP Wiff. :(

Ill clue you in. This post Im responding to is the first post of yours I read from start to finish in months. Your incoherent babble is painful to try and decipher.

It's a crisis. Something has to be done.