Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Books you are reading

On 1/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, posty said:

Currently reading some books from Bill O'Reilly's "Killing" series...

Finished up "Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever" and now reading "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot"...

How are those? It seems like it would be up my alley but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on them.  Is it just a retelling of the facts of those cases or what's the story line?

I just finished reading a book called “The Librarian of Auschwitz”.  As you can gather from the title, it was a bit heavy and a bit dark, but I enjoyed it.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:45 PM, cyclone24 said:

How are those? It seems like it would be up my alley but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on them.  Is it just a retelling of the facts of those cases or what's the story line?

They aren't bad...  I have read Lincoln, Kennedy and the Rising Sun... There are some inaccuracies in the Lincoln book for sure, but to me they read like a thriller...  I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I started the books, I think I was expecting some historical items that weren't as well known, and they might have been in there, but after reading them and then reading about some inaccuracies, I don't know what to believe or not...

I would suggest maybe reading Kennedy or Lincoln first and see for yourself...  I was wanting to read some more, but I am 50/50 at the moment...