Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anybody watching Jeopardy?

I'm actually shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that the Jeopardy! folks have decided to give the gig to a middle aged white man.

Twitterverse is ablaze!

Of course they are...

And the guy that runs "thejeopardyfan" is the same way...

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2021/08/prediction-mike-richards-will-ruin-jeopardy.html

Prediction: Mike Richards Will Ruin Jeopardy

Earlier this afternoon, a report out of Variety said that Mike Richards was in advanced talks to become Alex Trebek’s replacement.

This would be a massive mistake by Sony. Mike Richards as a host was much too robotic; his constant repetition of “We were looking for” sounded straight out of the 2003 computer game. Moreover, the “D!ck Cheney” method of searching leads to this coming across as incredibly self-serving. Furthermore, as has been reported here in the past, Richards has been sued for discrimination by former employees multiple times.

Moreover, Mike Richards has threatened to create gimmicks that would tear the fabric of the show apart. From a college tournament in teams (which he later attempted to disavow) to apparently looking to cast for a college professor tournament, I fear that a Mike Richards era would focus too much on gimmicks and not enough on the show that viewers in North America and around the world fell in love with.

If it goes ahead with this hire, the show would find itself dug into a hole from which it would be incredibly difficult to recover. Not one person I have spoken to within the Jeopardy! fandom actually thinks this is a good idea, and most actively despise it. Please don’t do this, Sony. You’ll absolutely regret this decision.

I thought he was pretty good, I haven't seen all the guest hosts so I can't say he was the best.

Charles  Barkley would be great at hosting that game show.

Inspiring Quotes for $500

In 1967, this inspiring person was quoted as saying: "If you want to change the world, go home and love your family."

Contestant: Who was Mother Teresa?

Barkley: You got that right. And all you knuckleheads out there hangin out with your homies, sippin on your 40's out in front of the liquor stores, cheatin on ya'll wives, and not payin attention to your kid's well bein, you better start readin what this lady had to say. Wake up and start drinkin your mornin coffee without all that liquor in it for once in your life.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Unpopular opinion (with some): Levar Burton was focking terrible

I agree.  I hated him yelling "YES" half the time when people got the answer right. 

This was an all out assault on the guy using the power of the media and twitter.  As soon as the middle aged white dude got named, the digging took place.  They even got folks Like Stephen Colbert and John Oliver to crucify him publicly.  I mean holy cow can you imagine?   He wasn't a diverse candidate and the media went bonkers.   Every day a new article from some BS website about how he looked at a girls ass when he was 16 etc etc.  When the powers to be decide they don't want you it's focking over man.   An absolute textbook example of how the biased liberal system can destroy you in a manner of days.  

Remember the stupid rankings where they ranked the Jeopardy hosts from 1-whatever?   Richards was top 3 on every list.  Always.  Until today now he is down to #12.  Poof..Just like that.   Talk about a hatchet job.  

It's really quite scary to see happen

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This was an all out assault on the guy using the power of the media and twitter.  As soon as the middle aged white dude got named, the digging took place.  They even got folks Like Stephen Colbert and John Oliver to crucify him publicly.  I mean holy cow can you imagine?   He wasn't a diverse candidate and the media went bonkers.   Every day a new article from some BS website about how he looked at a girls ass when he was 16 etc etc.  When the powers to be decide they don't want you it's focking over man.   An absolute textbook example of how the biased liberal system can destroy you in a manner of days.  

Remember the stupid rankings where they ranked the Jeopardy hosts from 1-whatever?   Richards was top 3 on every list.  Always.  Until today now he is down to #12.  Poof..Just like that.   Talk about a hatchet job.  

It's really quite scary to see happen

Well, then he shouldn't have apologized.  When he does he agrees with the people canceling him.

46 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well, then he shouldn't have apologized.  When he does he agrees with the people canceling him.

I agree and been saying this why apologize it does no good. Just makes them look weak.

49 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious that since he decided to not take the gig, he came out publicly and rescinded his apology?  God how I wish someone would do that just once.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious that since he decided to not take the gig, he came out publicly and rescinded his apology?  God how I wish someone would do that just once.

Except he retained his job as executive producer.  He's probably trying to salvage his future career in Hollywood.  And I get that.  That's why he apologized.  I read a good chunk of the article that took him down.  Total hit piece.  And he doesn't regret any of the things he said that got him in to trouble.  But I'm not going to feel sorry or go to bat for someone with so little principle that they cave  like this as soon as they're attacked.  At some point someone needs to fight back. 

What kills me in these cases is that you know the people accusing him of this crap have said/done similarly non-PC things.  Such focking hypocrisy.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Except he retained his job as executive producer.  He's probably trying to salvage his future career in Hollywood.  And I get that.  That's why he apologized.  I read a good chunk of the article that took him down.  Total hit piece.  And he doesn't regret any of the things he said that got him in to trouble.  But I'm not going to feel sorry or go to bat for someone with so little principle that they cave  like this as soon as they're attacked.  At some point someone needs to fight back. 

What kills me in these cases is that you know the people accusing him of this crap have said/done similarly non-PC things.  Such focking hypocrisy.

Yea its' like being captured in some Middle Eastern country by terrorist. They have you on your knees hands tied behind your back while they are standing with a machete behind you telling you to beg for forgiveness to them. You are focked and  know the outcome, Tell them to go F themselves.

The thing is....If it had been Levar Burton twitter verse wouldn't have dug into his past.  EVERYONE has a past.  Everyone has most likely done or said something that was stupid or that wouldn't fly in todays woke world.  

But middle aged white guy..so dig.  Find something  it's out there.  If it was Levar....no one turns over any rocks.

Done with jeopardy anyway.   I could see it being cancelled.  This has become a clown show

Just now, supermike80 said:

The thing is....If it had been Levar Burton twitter verse wouldn't have dug into his past.  EVERYONE has a past.  Everyone has most likely done or said something that was stupid or that wouldn;t fly in todays woke world.  

But middle aged white guy..so dig.  Find something  it's out there.  It it was Levar....no one turns over any rocks.

Done with jeopardy anyway.   I could see it being cancelled.  This has become a clown show

Trebek was the show. Much like Sajak is the show. If they sucked, those shows wouldn't still be around. They need to find a guy that isn't compared to Trebek, then stand behind him. They are allowing woke idiots to dictate a multi million dollar decision. 

38 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The thing is....If it had been Levar Burton twitter verse wouldn't have dug into his past.  EVERYONE has a past.  Everyone has most likely done or said something that was stupid or that wouldn't fly in todays woke world.  

But middle aged white guy..so dig.  Find something  it's out there.  If it was Levar....no one turns over any rocks.

Exactly. I was a loyal viewer. Done 

Black people are murdering people all over the country and people want to fight for them. This guy makes some jokes and they want to cancel him. Jeez, like women never make fun of men or objectify them. Hell, they make TV shows about it. 

Damn, this nation is turning into hell on earth.

McNear found Richards' old podcast, in which he made derogatory remarks about little people, Jews, people receiving unemployment benefits and sexist comments about women. He "repeatedly used offensive language and disparaged women's bodies," McNear reported.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Black people are murdering people all over the country and people want to fight for them. This guy makes some jokes and they want to cancel him. Jeez, like women never make fun of men or objectify them. Hell, they make TV shows about it. 

McNear found Richards' old podcast, in which he made derogatory remarks about little people, Jews, people receiving unemployment benefits and sexist comments about women. He "repeatedly used offensive language and disparaged women's bodies," McNear reported.

Stop watching and stop shopping.

No more bullshit buys.  Get what you need.

The entirety of our concept of a nation is consumerism.  That's it.  It's literally the root of all evil what our entire country is based on.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, Strike said:

I agree.  I hated him yelling "YES" half the time when people got the answer right. 

21 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I love this shìt.  These guys all pretend to be woke to pander to the left and get their cushy jobs snatched away.