Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Geek Club NFL Draft Talk

Frickin' Eagles have 2 picks right before us, I don't trust them lol

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

They could have tried to trade down and played that game.  But clearly liked him enough to take him at 6 and not play that game.

If every team had the same board then no one would have "a guy".  Jones may have differed from the norm and maybe they knew it would get heat but made the pick anyway.  

I agree and I am fine with other teams making bad picks. The NFL still has a ways to go to get better at identifying busts. 

46 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I agree and I am fine with other teams making bad picks. The NFL still has a ways to go to get better at identifying busts. 

Its not possible.  Not here to start crap but you seem to think the process is easy.  You cant even count on a normal college kid let alone one who is about to.be handed a bunch of money.  It is a messy process.  These guys spend their life watching film.  I dont think it is nearly as easy as you make it out to be.

46 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Lock looks like Jay Cutler and coincidentally goes to the Broncos

I said the same thing.  Looks a lot like Cutler.  Goofy.  Biy fo I miss that guy playing QB in this league.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its not possible.  Not here to start crap but you seem to think the process is easy.  You cant even count on a normal college kid let alone one who is about to.be handed a bunch of money.  It is a messy process.  These guys spend their life watching film.  I dont think it is nearly as easy as you make it out to be.

I dont think the guys you assume are watching all this film are working all that hard. I bet they throw on the highlight reels and go off of that. 

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I said the same thing.  Looks a lot like Cutler.  Goofy.  Biy fo I miss that guy playing QB in this league.

He even kind of plays like Cutler. It's really odd

19 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dont think the guys you assume are watching all this film are working all that hard. I bet they throw on the highlight reels and go off of that. 

Lol no chance.  We are talking about the NFL.  Billions of dollars.  

What in the are the Bears doing.... David Montgomery is one of the absolute worst running backs to come out this year. Fvcking pathetic. Ryan Pace is so up and down. They had to trade up for a shitty player at a non important position when they had two guys already better on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What in the are the Bears doing.... David Montgomery is one of the absolute worst running backs to come out this year. Fvcking pathetic. Ryan Pace is so up and down. They had to trade up for a shitty player at a non important position when they had two guys already better on the roster. 

"Non important" - Lol. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What else can you do? Now I hear it's a racial thing. Makes me dig in now. 

Some people disappear, some people become whiney bitches. Maybe you are just a slow learn

I missed the racial thing. Is it because the QB is White? 

25 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Some people disappear, some people become whiney bitches. Maybe you are just a slow learn

They should have the intro presser in blackface. Like fill out Shaft costume. 

Scratch that.  QB?  We needed a safety, guard or linebacker.

Gah.

Cams shoulder must not be right.  :sad:

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Scratch that.  QB?  We needed a safety, guard or linebacker.

Gah.

Cams shoulder must not be right.  :sad:

Well, your QB pretty much is a safety or linebacker...

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

Slow learning what? 

13 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This is just flat out incorrect. His broken tackle numbers shattered some superstar NFL running backs currently playing. They are getting a better version of Kareem hunt. 

No they don't have 2 players better than he is. He is going to play a ton this year.

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Slow learning what? 

Oops, I meant slow learner, in that you don't seem to grasp the disappearing and whinny crap. It's a good thing. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

Tampa just drafted a gay kicker. 😐

How can you tell the difference? Aren't they all?

Ugh........my Cowboys are well on their way to drafting The Jackson 5  :Mr-T: 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

kicks with flair 

also wears a scarf

• Haha 1

OMG!!!

Cowboys select Mike Weber No. 218 in the 2019 draft

:headbanger:

My "trained eye"  :D says this kid is gonna be special

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

That's my point, man. How gay is he if they felt the need to mention it. 😮

6 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Oops, I meant slow learner, in that you don't seem to grasp the disappearing and whinny crap. It's a good thing. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I could never see myself switching teams. You take the good with the bad. Character demands it. Fortunately there has been a lot of good. It's not like they only have one super bowl or havent won one since the mid nineties. Now if they were constantly signing world class scumbags like Greg Hardy or Michael Vick I might feel differently. 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I could never see myself switching teams. You take the good with the bad. Character demands it. Fortunately there has been a lot of good. It's not like they only have one super bowl or havent won one since the mid nineties. Now if they were constantly signing world class scumbags like Greg Hardy or Michael Vick I might feel differently. 

I agree. Even when there's been nothing but misery. 

-- signed a Bills AND Mariners fan :cry:

Edit: maybe I'm just a masochist? 

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

I agree. Even when there's been nothing but misery. 

-- signed a Bills AND Mariners fan :cry:

Edit: maybe I'm just a masochist? 

I'll never forget the 95 Mariners. You guys ruined it for Donny. 

Giants draft = :lol: 

They are going to continue to be soooo bad for soooo long. 

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Giants draft = :lol: 

They are going to continue to be soooo bad for soooo long. 

While they may very well be bad for a long time, I didn’t hate their draft. I hate with a fiery passion their first pick.  However, I loved the rest.  Their next 5 picks were 2 CB, 1 defensive tackle, 1 defensive end and 1 linebacker.  They needed so much on D and they addressed that.

if they had taken Josh Allen at 6 and Jones at 17, I would have creamed my pants.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Big Guy said:

When evaluating Dallas' draft, one must (realistically) include Amari as part of the equation. And from that standpoint, our 1st rounder was a clear home run.

That being said, my thoughts on the rest of Dallas' draft = Meh, C+.

As much as I love the fact we went DT with our 1st pick - Jerry took a dude who wasn't even a full time starter last year? A kid who Walter Football had as the 17th best DT in this draft? I just have shake my head and hope Will McClay was on board and this kid works out .. I remember one time we took this undersized DT from Miami (in the 1st rd.) and I had similar feelings - turned out to be Russell Maryland, and I was wrong.

In a Safety rich drafting class, Jerry waiting until the end of it to address the position? A position we are in desperate need of??? I would of rather had a stud Safety with our 1st pick over an average DT.

A Guard with our 3rd pick, really? Guess this signals Jerry admitting Connor Williams was a moronic bust of a 2nd rd. pick last year. Also hints at Collins not sticking around and/or Fredrick not ever fully recovering from his disease.

Dallas drafted not 1, but 2 RBs? Hum, I find that very interesting.

No TE? I find that a little bothersome.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Go Bears!

Did they draft a kicker? :(

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Did they draft a kicker? :(

They did not. I hope they get Gould back from the niners though.

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

When evaluating Dallas' draft, one must (realistically) include Amari as part of the equation. And from that standpoint, our 1st rounder was a clear home run.

That being said, my thoughts on the rest of Dallas' draft = Meh, C+.

As much as I love the fact we went DT with our 1st pick - Jerry took a dude who wasn't even a full time starter last year? A kid who Walter Football had as the 17th best DT in this draft? I just have shake my head and hope Will McClay was on board and this kid works out .. I remember one time we took this undersized DT from Miami (in the 1st rd.) and I had similar feelings - turned out to be Russell Maryland, and I was wrong.

In a Safety rich drafting class, Jerry waiting until the end of it to address the position? A position we are in desperate need of??? I would of rather had a stud Safety with our 1st pick over an average DT.

A Guard with our 3rd pick, really? Guess this signals Jerry admitting Connor Williams was a moronic bust of a 2nd rd. pick last year. Also hints at Collins not sticking around and/or Fredrick not ever fully recovering from his disease.

Dallas drafted not 1, but 2 RBs? Hum, I find that very interesting.

No TE? I find that a little bothersome.

I agree with you for the most part, I've rarely understood why they do what they do. I do see something special in both Pollard & Weber though. But I didn't see a need for a TE with Witten back, and the 2 young pups......plus, isn't Swaim coming back as well?

CRUZER......I NEED a new Dallas Cowboys forum, so if you know of any good ones please share.

247's "The Ranch" ain't getting it for me anymore. 

nobody cares about the cowboys.