Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

New Policy

I have always been a more than generous tipper. 20% is my floor.  I even usually tip the counter people.  But lately I'm noticing two things: The service isn't so hot, and the people serving are increasingly freakish looking with the tatoos everywhere and the purple hair. Fock that, I'm not subsidizing that bullshit. I don't like it and I don't want to look at it anyway. New rule: If you're a counter person and you look like that, you get nothing.  If you're a waiter/waitress I'm only giving you 10%. You want to spend your money on that crap, have at it. I'm not giving you my money so you can. And get the Fock off my lawn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have adopted a similar policy at the strip club. My past few visits this dumb girl always comes up to the bar to sit with me and she is always wired for sound. I've done a sh!t ton of coke in my time so I know when some one has just done a ripper magoo. She tries so hard to come off as a great girl just making ends meet with the story of how she is only dancing to feed her kids. That's fine by me, so rather than tip her cash on stage to spend on narcotics I tipped her some canned goods last time I went in. She wasn't thrilled, but atleast she doesn't come sit with me and scare the other girls off anymore. :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I have adopted a similar policy at the strip club. My past few visits this dumb girl always comes up to the bar to sit with me and she is always wired for sound. I've done a sh!t ton of coke in my time so I know when some one has just done a ripper magoo. She tries so hard to come off as a great girl just making ends meet with the story of how she is only dancing to feed her kids. That's fine by me, so rather than tip her cash on stage to spend on narcotics I tipped her some canned goods last time I went in. She wasn't thrilled, but atleast she doesn't come sit with me and scare the other girls off anymore. :thumbsup:

Ya gave her the ol' pork and beans huh?  :banana:

One problem with a low unemployment is the retards like that mentioned in the OP now have jobs. 

I’m usually the same way HT. If I don’t like what you represent, you get the bare minimum from me. Most of the time I’m a 20% tipper as well.

• Thanks 1

I tip people based on how well they do their job.

• Like 1

Not a fan of tipping at all really. I begrudgingly give 15-20% even though it’s robbery on higher bills and only because anyone I’m with will give me a raft of crap if I don’t. My ideal tipping structure is a static 2$ for anything 15$ and under and 5$ for anything over that. I’ll also only tip waiters. Tip the Uber guy? Nah, he can make it somewhere else. Tip a bartender? I got a tip, don’t bet the horses. Tip an independent whoore or massage slut? You nuts? The fee for the service was enough.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Not a fan of tipping at all really. I begrudgingly give 15-20% even though it’s robbery on higher bills and only because anyone I’m with will give me a raft of crap if I don’t. My ideal tipping structure is a static 2$ for anything 15$ and under and 5$ for anything over that. I’ll also only tip waiters. Tip the Uber guy? Nah, he can make it somewhere else. Tip a bartender? I got a tip, don’t bet the horses. Tip an independent or massage slut? You nuts? The fee for the service was enough.

What about the barber?

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Not a fan of tipping at all really. I begrudgingly give 15-20% even though it’s robbery on higher bills and only because anyone I’m with will give me a raft of crap if I don’t. My ideal tipping structure is a static 2$ for anything 15$ and under and 5$ for anything over that. I’ll also only tip waiters. Tip the Uber guy? Nah, he can make it somewhere else. Tip a bartender? I got a tip, don’t bet the horses. Tip an independent whoore or massage slut? You nuts? The fee for the service was enough.

Do you ever order Uber Eats? You notice about two months ago they changed their service fee? They tried to make it appear they were doing something nice to make it more affordable but in reality they took away the delivery fee and call it “free” but hid it under a service fee. The service fee is normally $3-$4 dollars. I haven’t tipped an Uber Eats driver since they updated this policy. I had shady business practices. 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

What about the barber?

Hell no. I’m paying for the haircut ain’t I? That’s the tip. You want more, make the haircut cost more to begin with.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Do you ever order Uber Eats? You notice about two months ago they changed their service fee? They tried to make it appear they were doing something nice to make it more affordable but in reality they took away the delivery fee and call it “free” but hid it under a service fee. The service fee is normally $3-$4 dollars. I haven’t tipped an Uber Eats driver since they updated this policy. I had shady business practices. 

I wonder how much spit you've eaten.

I have had postmates a few times. I tip a flat 2$ for any food delivered. 

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Before the policy update the fee other than the food was typically around $1, makes sense, Uber needs to make money and not just the drivers. Now the service fee is around $4-5 on $15 orders. I would usually tip around $5 on any order I made. Now I don’t tip sh!t. Oh and they charge $2 extra if the order is under $10 and they call it a small order charge. Wtf? Anyways, now I tip $0. 

I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned they're just doing their job.

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I wonder how much spit you've eaten.

I’ve never had the same driver twice, so hopefully none. And the places here seal the bag so you know if anyone opened it but you. 

No, that’s really focked up though. Nothing is a bigger cheap shot than messing with someone’s food. 

You might wanna start tipping, dude.

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You might wanna start tipping, dude.

I do tip, just not when I order Uber eats with a $5 service charge on a $12-$15 meal when it was previously .50-1.00 and Uber was plenty profitable. If I tipped I would be paying nearly 100% of what the food itself costs. Fock that. I also assume the drivers are getting a percentage of the service fee and the reason the move was made was because the lack of people tipping and they were compensating for that. Now it makes it more expensive for the people who did previously tip. 

31 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I do tip, just not when I order Uber eats with a $5 service charge on a $12-$15 meal when it was previously .50-1.00 and Uber was plenty profitable. If I tipped I would be paying nearly 100% of what the food itself costs. Fock that. I also assume the drivers are getting a percentage of the service fee and the reason the move was made was because the lack of people tipping and they were compensating for that. Now it makes it more expensive for the people who did previously tip. 

In his defense have you seen how much some of those delivery fees are? $6.99,$7.99, and hell I’ve seen some on there $12.99 for something that would be a 10 minute drive tops. If I DO order from one of those apps and the fee is that I’m not tipping. Hell I won’t even order there cause it would be ridiculous. 

That being said, I do tip based on service. Do a good job? 20%. Sh1tty job? 10%. But I’ve worked as a server when I was younger and the hourly wage is straight garbage. Like $2/hr. Might’ve been raised since then. So I know how a server should be when being waited on. If my glass runs out of drink and they don’t come around for 5 minutes while it’s empty then yea I start deducting the tip. 

48 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Thanks for this. I’m gonna look into postmates. Got ubereats, DoorDash, and Grubhub but didn’t know about this one :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

In his defense have you seen how much some of those delivery fees are? $6.99,$7.99, and hell I’ve seen some on there $12.99 for something that would be a 10 minute drive tops. If I DO order from one of those apps and the fee is that I’m not tipping. Hell I won’t even order there cause it would be ridiculous. 

That being said, I do tip based on service. Do a good job? 20%. Sh1tty job? 10%. But I’ve worked as a server when I was younger and the hourly wage is straight garbage. Like $2/hr. Might’ve been raised since then. So I know how a server should be when being waited on. If my glass runs out of drink and they don’t come around for 5 minutes while it’s empty then yea I start deducting the tip. 

Yeah it’s bullish!t. Just to give an example and we will use McDonald’s to keep things simple. Let’s say you order a $7.50 Big Mac meal. First you’ll get hit with a small order fee $2 then a $5 service fee and in the bill it will say 0.00 delivery fee (this was previously the only fee other than the food itself) and they marketed it as “Now with free delivery” who do they think they are fooling? So now your $7.50 BM meal is $14.50 add in my usual $5 tip and it’s $19.50 for a focking Big Mac and the guy maybe drove a half mile? Yeah you aren’t getting a tip out of me with that shady BS. 

We order Uber Eats once to twice a month, we ordered it tonight since we were on a camping trip last weekend and we did not have time to prepare a shopping list.

Half the time when ordering Uber Eats we order two meals worth of food, which we did today. We will have plenty of leftovers tomorrow for dinner.

Our fee ended up being 9 dollars, however I will still tip the driver 10 dollars. The restaurant we ordered from is located on the interstate and it is rush hour traffic. It is worth 20 bucks to not have to deal with that. The round trip alone would run me at least 40 minutes if not an hour.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

We order Uber Eats once to twice a month, we ordered it tonight since we were on a camping trip last weekend and we did not have time to prepare a shopping list.

Half the time when ordering Uber Eats we order two meals worth of food, which we did today. We will have plenty of leftovers tomorrow for dinner.

Our fee ended up being 9 dollars, however I will still tip the driver 10 dollars. The restaurant we ordered from is located on the interstate and it is rush hour traffic. It is worth 20 bucks to not have to deal with that. The round trip alone would run me at least 40 minutes if not an hour.

Something like that I can understand. Cause I’ve done that before. Ordered food from a place that would have a round trip be close to an hour with traffic. Fee would be like $7.99 which I’m fine with for that. But I hate how the fees change all the time. One day it’ll be like $2.99 for a place that’s 5 minutes away and the next it’ll be $7.99. 

Also, who the FOCK orders ice cream for delivery? By the time it would get to you it’s either half melted or already melted. But yet, I’ll see ice cream places on the apps available for delivery 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I tip people based on how well they do their job.

If I took this approach throughout life there is a strong chance I would not have focked as many bartenders/strippers/waitresses as I have. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have always been a more than generous tipper. 20% is my floor.  I even usually tip the counter people.  But lately I'm noticing two things: The service isn't so hot, and the people serving are increasingly freakish looking with the tatoos everywhere and the purple hair. Fock that, I'm not subsidizing that bullshit. I don't like it and I don't want to look at it anyway. New rule: If you're a counter person and you look like that, you get nothing.  If you're a waiter/waitress I'm only giving you 10%. You want to spend your money on that crap, have at it. I'm not giving you my money so you can. And get the Fock off my lawn. 

Cool story bro

Since leaving the US, I don't tip at all. Ever. It's just not done here. They get all offended if you try.

One thing I'm not looking forward to about going home. Tipping is stupid. Pay your focking employees and put it in the price. 

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I doubt this is true, but it is the funniest post today.   😁