Strike

Californians rejoice! You're getting more tax increases!!

Real Tim says California is doing fine. Just a minor blip. 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:24 PM, DonS said:

Central and Western NY.  Just like other states the smaller cities and rural areas get overruled by the large cities.  I know this is the way it works.  Just sucks to be on the "other side" of way populous areas lean.  I'm sure Dems in red states feel the same way. 

Welcome to Georgia. :wall:

Decent chance the libtards in California elect Adam Schiff to the senate. Guy gets a bump for being totally wrong.  And while he was busy hoaxing the country  and lying his ass off, his district went to shitt. But he would have had those nude pictures of Trump if it weren’t for those darn kids. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Decent chance the libtards in California elect Adam Schiff to the senate. Guy gets a bump for being totally wrong.  And while he was busy hoaxing the country  and lying his ass off, his district went to shitt. But he would have had those nude pictures of Trump if it weren’t for those darn kids. 

Schiff is a dangerous man.  He unabashedly lied to us day after day....looked us in the eye and lied....over and over.... he happily acted on his lies without restraint.

These are the behaviors of a sociopath.   Do not underestimate this mans capacity for evil.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RLLD said:

All true....:thumbsup:

If California were a nation they would be like the 5th biggest economy in the world....pretty impressive. 

Only because of the coastline and weather.  If it was landlocked no one would live in that cesspool

23 hours ago, RLLD said:

All true....:thumbsup:

If California were a nation they would be like the 5th biggest economy in the world....pretty impressive. 

However, we are #23 in crime, #39 in fiscal stability and we rank LAST in opportunity. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california

And #29 in economy. 

Not sure that being the biggest economy in the world is that impressive when your education, fiscal stability and opportunities rank so low. Over 35% of Californians cannot afford a home, and rents are just as bad. Not to mention the ability to buy a car. 

This part of the country though, is beautiful. And I do love living here for that. I am an hour from snow and 1 1/2 hours from ocean. We don't get many earthquakes in the Sac Valley, summers can be hot (100s) and winters can be cold, but rarely several days at or even below freezing. No snow. 

It's just too bad that as we age, we are getting priced out of the state. And if you're new and just starting out, there's not much opportunity for you here. 

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

However, we are #23 in crime, #39 in fiscal stability and we rank LAST in opportunity. 

And #29 in economy. 

Not sure that being the biggest economy in the world is that impressive when your education, fiscal stability and opportunities rank so low. Over 35% of Californians cannot afford a home, and rents are just as bad. Not to mention the ability to buy a car. 

This part of the country though, is beautiful. And I do love living here for that. I am an hour from snow and 1 1/2 hours from ocean. We don't get many earthquakes in the Sac Valley, summers can be hot (100s) and winters can be cold, but rarely several days at or even below freezing. No snow. 

It's just too bad that as we age, we are getting priced out of the state. And if you're new and just starting out, there's not much opportunity for you here. 

Bigger society should have bigger problems.  The problem with California is prioritization. What problems do you focus on and what effort do you apply.  Past that the problem is bad leadership and policy.  They are making simple mistakes, that is unforgivable.

35 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

And #29 in economy. 

And

As of 2022, 30% of all people in the United States experiencing homelessness resided in California, including half of all unsheltered people (115,491 in California; 233,832 in the US).

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

and they called Trump dumb and corrupt. :lol:

Schiff makes him look like a genius.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

and they called Trump dumb and corrupt. :lol:

Schiff makes him look like a genius.

It's depressing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's depressing. 

Bug-eyed Schiff is a true propagandist.  If this were 1930's Germany, he'd literally be Goebbels himself.

Fun fact: Squiz reported people in the other forum for calling Schiff "bug-eyed".  Taylor Swift only wishes she had groupies like Squiz is to Schiff.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Bug-eyed Schiff is a true propagandist.  If this were 1930's Germany, he'd literally be Goebbels himself.

Fun fact: Squiz reported people in the other forum for calling Schiff "bug-eyed".  Taylor Swift only wishes she had groupies like Squiz is to Schiff.

Wow

• Like 1

Okay, this isn't really a tax per se but it's pretty indicative of how things work sometimes:

https://apnews.com/article/california-home-insurance-wildfire-risk-premiums-cf40911606e8e4d9c7c35ca57ca733e8

So, the state is going to let insurance companies charge you more for insurance based on projections of how climate change will affect natural disasters going forward.  Now, this is mainly based on the wildfires that have been a huge issue in CA the last 8 years or so.  So they're blaming climate change for these massive wildfires that have happened.  Anyone following the issue knows the main cause of the size of those wildfires was poor forest management by the government, both Federal and State.  So this is another instance where the government created the problem and you all get stuck paying the consequences of their incompetence or willful neglect.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Okay, this isn't really a tax per se but it's pretty indicative of how things work sometimes:

https://apnews.com/article/california-home-insurance-wildfire-risk-premiums-cf40911606e8e4d9c7c35ca57ca733e8

So, the state is going to let insurance companies charge you more for insurance based on projections of how climate change will affect natural disasters going forward.  Now, this is mainly based on the wildfires that have been a huge issue in CA the last 8 years or so.  So they're blaming climate change for these massive wildfires that have happened.  Anyone  following the issue knows the main cause of the size of those wildfires was poor forest management by the government, both Federal and State.  So this is another instance where the government created the problem and you all get stuck paying the consequences of their incompetence or willful neglect.

When you write “anyone” , what you really mean is “anyone who only follows right wing news sources and denies science.” While some mismanagement no doubt made things worse, the evidence that the fires have been caused mainly by man-made climate change is overwhelming at this point. I can link you articles by NASA, Livermore Labs, the vast VAST majority of scientists. You’d have to be an idiot to think otherwise. But then….

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

When you write “anyone” , what you really mean is “anyone who only follows right wing news sources and denies science.” While some mismanagement no doubt made things worse, the evidence that the fires have been caused mainly by man-made climate change is overwhelming at this point. I can link you articles by NASA, Livermore Labs, the vast VAST majority of scientists. You’d have to be an idiot to think otherwise. But then….

No you can’t 

8 hours ago, Strike said:

So, the state is going to let insurance companies charge you more for insurance based on projections of how climate change will affect natural disasters going forward.  Now, this is mainly based on the wildfires that have been a huge issue in CA the last 8 years or so.  So they're blaming climate change for these massive wildfires that have happened.  Anyone following the issue knows the main cause of the size of those wildfires was poor forest management by the government, both Federal and State.  So this is another instance where the government created the problem and you all get stuck paying the consequences of their incompetence or willful neglect.

You start to feel bad for the people there but then you don't.  Play stupid games win stupid prizes. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

😆

:lol:

This is spectacular coming from the side that thinks a man can be a woman simply because he says so. GTFO, Tim.  The only ones that don't believe in "science" are you virtue signalers.

There are actually several of our wildfires caused by mismanagement of gas and power lines, not being maintained over the years. The CEOs of PG&E got billions of bonuses instead of fixing power lines that were literally SPARKING and setting fires. I am not sure you have PG&E in So Cal, but they've shown to be extremely negligent. 

And...a lot of the PACs give Gavin a LOT of money, he's in bed with the power and gas companies around here. There was a HUGE investigative report done on this. https://www.abc10.com/firepowermoney

The fires have NOT been caused mainly by man-made climate change. these are the three biggest we've had recently. NONE caused by climate change. 

The Camp Fire started on Thursday, November 8, 2018, in Northern California's Butte County. Ignited by a faulty electric transmission line, the fire originated above several communities and an east wind drove the fire downhill through developed areas.

Court filings stated that investigators believe "the Caldor Fire likely ignited when a projectile discharged from a firearm and struck an object, causing heated fragments of the projectile to land in a dry receptive fuel bed, igniting the fuels.” 

Mosquito fire: 

The Pacific Gas and Electric Company was sued for, once again, causing California’s largest wildfire this year (2022) after the utility told regulators a power line failure occurred around the time the fire started in the drought-ravaged Sierra Nevada foothills east of Sacramento.

• Like 1

I am with Tim.  California's climate change is caused by human activity, the activity of Californians, like Tim.  They need to get out of their cars, stop using air conditioning, return their roads to open space which can absorb runoff, and do away with all homes on hillsides which have denuded essential vegetation.  They need to stop destroying raparian ecosystems to water un-natural crops.  Basically the problem with Californmia is Californians, like Tim.  They put out a temendous carbon footprint and have devastated the environment.  Save California, exterminate Californians.

Oh, and we in the rest of the country don't want you in our states. Scarface Intro - Fidel Castro Speech - YouTube  that's right, we don't want you, we don't need you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, The Real timschochet said:

Even if you totally buy into the climate crisis there are big problems.  Russia, India, China etc. will not really ever cut back so anything we do is just feelgood measures that will make us more dependent on China, Russia and mid east oil.  Even if you buy in it will hurt us far more than it will help.

It really is another waste of time issue.  You will never get consensus on the issue because the far left has become so rabid about it and people get turned off.  People the right see it as a way for liberal politicians to funnel money to supporters.  Reports about Proterra getting billions in taxpayer money that we will never get back and politicians on both sides getting richer buying stock before the money grab then dumping it before the fall make many of skeptable about the whole thing.  

https://nypost.com/2023/08/08/biden-backed-electric-vehicle-company-files-for-bankruptcy/

At the time of the tour, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm held between $1 million and $5 million in stock of the electric vehicle company, The Washington Free Beacon reported, prompting ethics concerns and calls for her divestment.  Granholm raked in $1.6 million in profit after selling hundreds of thousands of shares in May 2021

Now the stock has fallen by 85%. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I am with Tim.  California's climate change is caused by human activity, the activity of Californians, like Tim.  They need to get out of their cars, stop using air conditioning, return their roads to open space which can absorb runoff, and do away with all homes on hillsides which have denuded essential vegetation.  They need to stop destroying raparian ecosystems to water un-natural crops.  Basically the problem with Californmia is Californians, like Tim.  They put out a temendous carbon footprint and have devastated the environment.  Save California, exterminate Californians.

Oh, and we in the rest of the country don't want you in our states. Scarface Intro - Fidel Castro Speech - YouTube  that's right, we don't want you, we don't need you.

Yeah, good luck with that.....lmfao....expecting liberals to live under the outcomes of their policies... I think not sir....

Does anyone really believe that eliminating fossil fuels will have any major effect on the worlds Climate? If so, what do you expect the result will be? How much will it reduce temperatures? How does eliminating natural gas and nuclear power help the worlds climate?

12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Does anyone really believe that eliminating fossil fuels will have any major effect on the worlds Climate? If so, what do you expect the result will be? How much will it reduce temperatures? How does eliminating natural gas and nuclear power help the worlds climate?

It could....if China, India and others also followed suit....but they are not....so all it does it harm our financial position in the world.

I think its possible to have an impact on climate, do I think we can (or have) has as much impact as the climate morons want us to think, of course not....

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It could....if China, India and others also followed suit....but they are not....so all it does it harm our financial position in the world.

I think its possible to have an impact on climate, do I think we can (or have) has as much impact as the climate morons want us to think, of course not....

Is “it could“ and “it’s possible“ worth spending trillions of dollars a year to eliminate fossil fuels. I stand by my belief that the green new deal will increase temperatures across the world and have the opposite effect of what they are predicting. The green movement is not about climate change it is about the transfer of power and money from the oil industry to the newly created green industry.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Is “it could“ and “it’s possible“ worth spending trillions of dollars a year to eliminate fossil fuels. I stand by my belief that the green new deal will increase temperatures across the world and have the opposite effect of what they are predicting. The green movement is not about climate change it is about the transfer of power and money from the oil industry to the newly created green industry.

Absolutely not.

Now, if they want to incentivize a migration toward "green" that does not break us.....fine by me

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Absolutely not.

Now, if they want to incentivize a migration toward "green" that does not break us.....fine by me

That is exactly what we have been trying to do for decades, activist, have been blocking this at every turn. When you reject natural gas and nuclear power and promote thousand of year old technology to provide power to the world you are lying about what you were doing.

On 9/25/2023 at 9:48 AM, Dizkneelande said:

No you can’t 

Didn't you know that the last ice age 100,000 years ago was man made? Catch up man. 

It's like starting a forest fire. "Aww damn, Joe passed gas again now we're going to get another ice age." :mad: