Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Magic kingdom

At magic kingdom with my family, and just miserably sick; aches, pains, sore throat, headache.

Thankfully I am the only one who is sick. I use a copious amount of hand sanitizer before every ride because I do not want to feel like a jerk.

I will tough it out, thankfully they are down for a nap now, so I have 2 hours of rest I hope.

That sucks man. Makes it worse cause it’s fockin hot. Hope the family has fun at least and you’re not as miserable all week 

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hot as Hades Im sure!  Where are you staying?

We rented a house in Davenport, it is a 15 minute drive from Disney. Including my extended family there are 17 of us.

It is cheaper and more convenient than a hotel.

We usually stay off property too.  Theres lots of cool/efficent stuff associated with ataying on property, but damn its gotten expensive. 

Go to the first aid area near crystal palace. They have all kinds of medicine. 

Magic Kingdom = HELL ON EARTH (for adults)

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

At magic kingdom with my family, and just miserably sick; aches, pains, sore throat, headache.

Thankfully I am the only one who is sick. I use a copious amount of hand sanitizer before every ride because I do not want to feel like a jerk.

I will tough it out, thankfully they are down for a nap now, so I have 2 hours of rest I hope.

Whatever.  Just make sure you set your IBL lineup.  😜

Chocolate, honey, hot tea, OTC cold remedies (whatever works best for you), hot shower, fluids, NyQuil to help sleep fully during the night, and go to bed early. Should help feel a little better tomorrow but with you out in the sun all day at MK walking around will drain you even if your weren’t sick. If you can try and go to bed around 8-8:30. 

hope you feel better man. Nothing worse than being on vacation while sick. At least you got a ton of family there to help with the wife and kids so you don’t have to drive them everywhere and can get rest later today 

I haven't been sick in like...5 or 6 years. Seriously.  It actually makes me think wtf. 

Couple things... you sound sick as fock. 

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I use a copious amount of hand sanitizer before every ride

Why are you going on rides?

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

As I recall, MK is nothing but kiddie rides, princesses and parades.  Skip out and go to a bar. 

Do they have space mountain there? I can’t remember since it’s been a while but I really liked that ride and would ride it multiple times. 

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

As I recall, MK is nothing but kiddie rides, princesses and parades.  Skip out and go to a bar. 

I have a 2 and 4 year old. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I haven't been sick in like...5 or 6 years. Seriously.  It actually makes me think wtf. 

Couple things... you sound sick as fock. 

Why are you going on rides?

I try to be a decent dad every now and then, right now on my favorite ride of the day, the people mover.

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Do they have space mountain there? I can’t remember since it’s been a while but I really liked that ride and would ride it multiple times. 

Yeah, but my kids are too young. The nieces and nephews have ridden it.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Yeah, but my kids are too young. The nieces and nephews have ridden it.

I mean, I wasn’t worried about it for them. More for you lol. Cause that’s about the only ride at MK I would like as an adult unless they added more (could be more but I don’t remember them) 

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I mean, I wasn’t worried about it for them. More for you lol. Cause that’s about the only ride at MK I would like as an adult unless they added more (could be more but I don’t remember them) 

Decent grown up rides:

Space Mtn

7 Dwarfs mine train

Haunted Mansion

Big Thunder Mtn

Splash Mountain

28 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Decent grown up rides:

Space Mtn

7 Dwarfs mine train

Haunted Mansion

Big Thunder Mtn

Splash Mountain

Splash mountain was the other one I remember being pretty good as well as haunted mansion. Didn’t realize they were at MK. Haven’t rode the others. Would love to ride them “because I haven’t ridden them before” 

35 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Splash mountain was the other one I remember being pretty good as well as haunted mansion. Didn’t realize they were at MK. Haven’t rode the others. Would love to ride them “because I haven’t ridden them before” 

Haunted Mansion isn't an action ride, although in the 8th grade it was the first time I caressed a girl's bewbs.  :D

Tower of Terror is in Hollywood Studios, that is a ride.

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Haunted Mansion isn't an action ride, although in the 8th grade it was the first time I caressed a girl's bewbs.  :D

Tower of Terror is in Hollywood Studios, that is a ride.

Similar story except with a roller coaster in Myrtle beach. Me and this girl I met at the park were riding the rollercoaster. Literally just started the ride and the cars were climbing up to the top when it just stopped. Apparently it malfunctioned and we were stuck there for close to an hour. First time I felt a girls boob. Second time was spending the night at my buddy’s house who had a twin sister that had one of her friends over. I slept with the two girls (actually slept not sex) and felt up the friend. Those were the good days being 12-13 

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Made it home, kids are asleep, wore out.

That’s good man. Figured you’d be exhausted. Get some sleep and feel better in the morning :thumbsup:

If there is a Whole Foods near, go to their hot bar and get a large chicken soup and get some of their freshly made detox juice. Sleep in, give your body time to recover,

5 hours ago, peenie said:

If there is a Whole Foods near, go to their hot bar and get a large chicken soup and get some of their freshly made detox juice. Sleep in, give your body time to recover,

Insist on a paper receipt and a plastic bag. 

20 hours ago, Fireballer said:

We usually stay off property too.  Theres lots of cool/efficent stuff associated with ataying on property, but damn its gotten expensive. 

All-star resorts are $99 a night.  It's no different type of room than your average Hampton Inn.  All the perks of being on property makes this a tremendous value.