nzoner

So I'm officially an Uber driver

Since the mrs(36C) is on disability and doesn't get out much and since fireworks is a seasonal business I've worn out my welcome staying home so thought I'd give this Uber thing a go.Have met some very interesting people so far including a woman from Israel,a student born in Russia,a student from Nepal and a woman who drives dump trucks and the like from state to state :unsure:

I'm not working the after bar crowd as I don't want to deal with drunks but after one week have already taken 5 trips to Kansas City which is about 50 miles away so that's been good.

• Like 1

Congrats I guess :dunno:

Do you use your own car?

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

Congrats I guess :dunno:

Do you use your own car?

Yes,the mrs has a '17 Chevy Equinox with 15,000 miles that needs some use(due to her disability she drives very little).

It now has over 16,000 miles :D

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Was the Israeli chick hot? They often are, til they get older anyways 

No,she was a bit older and thoroughly enjoyed the 70's music playlist I had on.

1 minute ago, posty said:

Congrats???

Having been in outside sales most of my life I enjoy meeting new people couple that with the fact I work when and where I want and I thought why not.

12 minutes ago, posty said:

Congrats???

Snob. I love people who look down on honest work. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You just look down on those honest workers when using their credit cards.

Talk about snob.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

You just look down on those honest workers when using their credit cards.

Talk about snob.

Ha! 

4 hours ago, nzoner said:

Having been in outside sales most of my life I enjoy meeting new people couple that with the fact I work when and where I want and I thought why not.

That's cool...  Being an Uber driver is something I never want to do...  I really enjoy being alone in the car to think about things or just listen to sports talk on the radio...

40 minutes ago, posty said:

That's cool...  Being an Uber driver is something I never want to do...  I really enjoy being alone in the car to think about HT or just listen to sports talk on the radio...

Hardly HT, hardly...

You are just like Newbie, thanks for proving what was known...

Make sure you smile (or look positive somehow) in your pic. I think you probably would anyway but I can't tell you how many men don't look approachable in their pics and I wind up cancelling once I see who the app put me with. ...That is if you care about paranoid women like me, lol. I can do with neutral faces most of the time, but more men than you'd think scowl or look really pensive like they're phillybearing.

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously. I don't give a crap if someone bags groceries at the local store or if they run a fortune 500 company, as long as they are making an effort to work for a living. 

7 hours ago, naomi said:

Make sure you smile (or look positive somehow) in your pic. I think you probably would anyway but I can't tell you how many men don't look approachable in their pics and I wind up cancelling once I see who the app put me with. ...That is if you care about paranoid women like me, lol. I can do with neutral faces most of the time, but more men than you'd think scowl or look really pensive like they're phillybearing.

Thank you and yes I did,I've only had one cancellation in 70+ calls(60% women) so I'm assuming it's okay.

7 hours ago, sderk said:

Seriously. I don't give a crap if someone bags groceries at the local store or if they run a fortune 500 company, as long as they are making an effort to work for a living. 

Here's a real kicker,I've been on here griping about my Obamacare and it hit us yesterday while going over things that if I continue to Uber every dime I make will be for naught as I'll have to pay back every credit I was given.I've got a meeting tomorrow about hopefully obtaining some different healthcare.It seriously is a catch 22.

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Can I just text you?

No,I've seen how cheap you are when it comes to fireworks and I'm not accepting a ride share to four different addresses. :D

Didn’t hardcore dumbass give multiple people here sh1t for their jobs? Talk about a hypocritical retard who got caught in a lie 🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Didn’t hardcore dumbass give multiple people here sh1t for their jobs? Talk about a hypocritical retard who got caught in a lie 🤣🤣🤣

Only the ones that put others down or puff their chest out, that would be you and MDCuck, disability boy.  Lol

18 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

HT drives Lyft and wears black Keds. 

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

HT drives Lyft and wears black Keds. 

Wouldn’t doubt it. Dude gets called out and made fun of by everyone here 🤣

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Wouldn’t doubt it. Dude gets called out and made fun of by everyone here 🤣

I won the day Saturday. 

And also brags about “winning” when he has created aliases to like his own posts 🤣

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

And also brags about “winning” when he has created aliases to like his own posts 🤣

Any proof if that? No, none. You lot so much because you're, at best, an underachiever, but mostly a loser. You don't like you so much. 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

And likes talking to himself too 🤣

Liar. No work today? Living off your wife and uncle? 

8 hours ago, drobeski said:

Good for you. Actually sounds like an interesting job.

Lots of interesting and shall we say a few unique people.The tips have been so so but still averaging around $17 per hour and I can think of a whole lot worse jobs paying less than that.

59 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Lots of interesting and shall we say a few unique people.

:D I can totally see that. 

The drivers are also that from my perspective. The weirdest experience I've had though was a few weeks ago. A gal in her late 20s/early 30s, an Aussie who married an American guy and they're doing 10 years here first, then there, then deciding which one to stick with. Anyway, she had a really clean sporty car and she was really pretty and classy. Completely outside the mold of what to expect. Great conversator, and had that classic seem to be loving life Aussie manner/vibe. I refrained (though it was kind of hard) from speaking to her needing to be careful. It was concerning. She sticks out like a sore thumb. But I figure her husband must give her some insight on the off chance it hasn't occured to her that she'll probably pick up some weirdos.

(And no offense as there is certainly a range of types doing this, most basically good normal people, friendly and often colorful). There's been a few where their issues just kind of emanated off them.

43 minutes ago, naomi said:

:D I can totally see that. 

The drivers are also that from my perspective. The weirdest experience I've had though was a few weeks ago. A gal in her late 20s/early 30s, an Aussie who married an American guy and they're doing 10 years here first, then there, then deciding which one to stick with. Anyway, she had a really clean sporty car and she was really pretty and classy. Completely outside the mold of what to expect. Great conversator, and had that classic seem to be loving life Aussie manner/vibe. I refrained (though it was kind of hard) from speaking to her needing to be careful. It was concerning. She sticks out like a sore thumb. But I figure her husband must give her some insight on the off chance it hasn't occured to her that she'll probably pick up some weirdos.

(And no offense as there is certainly a range of types doing this, most basically good normal people, friendly and often colorful). There's been a few where their issues just kind of emanated off them.

Does all this Ubering mean you've not bought a car yet?  😬

6 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Does all this Ubering mean you've not bought a car yet?  😬

As it turns out, yes.

But my brother happens to work in a building near mine so I do drive over to his place then commute with him. Been doing lots of car shopping lately (we'll still carpool after I get one) but since I'm the geek who cried wolf as far as car buying help, just soldiering on without the great insight here.

1 minute ago, naomi said:

As it turns out, yes.

But my brother happens to work in a building near mine so I do drive over to his place then commute with him. Been doing lots of car shopping lately (we'll still carpool after I get one) but since I'm the geek who cried wolf as far as car buying help, I'm just soldiering on.

Just promise to tell us about it when you finally do pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Just promise to tell us about it when you finally do pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

Will do. How's the Fit fitting out these days?