Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Be honest...Who else here sucks at FF lineups this year so far?

1-3  Should be 3-1
Meh...Who cares right? 

My weekly fuk ups seem to be Brady vs Winston
Godwin vs M. Brown vs Edelman vs B. Cooks vs M. Thomas 

What about you guys / girls ?  

I am a systems guy and this year several high scoring offenses seem out of sync...

players on the rams, min, philly, gb, nos, and the speculation around cleveland  have been erratic.

16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I am a ghey guy

Yep. It all makes sense now. :cheers:

• Haha 1

I’ve always been horrible at ff period. 

Thats why I’ve always said, do not do what I say, ,,  please. 

Hey fun post thanks. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thats why I’ve always said, do not do what I say, ,,  please. 

You should probably make this into your signature, because I'm afraid that with all the advice you dole out on the "Help" board, that people might understandably suffer from the delusion that they SHOULD do what you say if this disclaimer is not prominently visible in each of your posts.  They might feel differently about considering your posts if they knew that you don't stand behind any advice you offer, and actively encourage your advice to be ignored instead.

I hope no one follows what I say about ff, I hope the only thing that I have said about ff since I’ve been on this site that others will Belive is its all luck.  Those people that post on this site know a lot more about this great game of ff then I do, and I thank each and everyone of them for their advise in helping me.  I truly belive that after all is said and done, it’s simply 100% luck, I mean even I win, and I have no talent at all.  I’ve learn a lot more from these great posters on this site then they have learn from me, and that I’m sure of.  

Only thing I hope people on this site associate me with is Jesus.  

And please elf person put what I said on your sig and let others know for me.  And please also include that those many leagues you play in, are just mock draft leagues, which hold no true value.  

Hey thanks,  have a great night. 

Ps And  once again please please please, don’t follow my advise when it comes to ff, I’ve never been lucky, just Blessed  

I've learned you shouldn't post on this bored after smoking weed.

God Bless

See now someone else just learn something. 

Good for you. 

• Like 1

I have been pretty good in 3 leagues, better than I usually am. I am making up for that in another league for sure where the last spot in a deeeeep league is screwing with me every week. I'm basically averaging 0 out of it

I wish I was losing due to my lineup decisions, since then my match-ups would at least be close. Instead, I have yet to top 105 points, and my opponents have yet to score less than 125. In Week 1, I left Watkins, JBrown and Singletary on my bench ... and if I had started all three, I would still have lost by a point.

But generally speaking, I don't beat myself up over lineup decisions. Just come up with a process and stick to it, and I believe in the long run you'll come out ahead.

I bought into some pre-season hype that the Chargers D could be tough on WRs.  That coupled with Luck's retirement led me to bench Hilton the first week - mistake (but didn't cost me as I got totally blown out).  In week two, I doubled down on that strategy by benching Golladay against the Chargers - of course, he blew up (again, didn't cost me as I was able to squeak out a win without him).  Thinking I had learned my lesson, I made sure to get Fuller into my lineup in week 3 against the Chargers - that didn't work out so great either...... 

I run into this pretty much every year either at RB or WR.

Unless I have studs, I will usually pick the wrong matchup week-in and week-out.  I will even pick guys that are "start of the week" types and they will put up a dud.  

Last week, I had Hardman in my lineup.  I had Cortland Sutton on my bench.  Week before, it was something similar.  Never fails.  Sitting at 1-3 with the 3rd most points out of 12 teams.  :dunno:

20 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Last week, I had Hardman in my lineup.  I had Cortland Sutton on my bench.

This could have been easily resolved, as most of the problems in the world would be, by simply taking the time to check with Axe Elf first.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This could have been easily resolved, as most of the problems in the world would be, by simply taking the time to check with Axe Elf first.

Here's a concept...since you love to brag on yourself and your success, why don't you start posting AxeElf weekly ranking threads on here?  That way instead of us rolling our eyes at you after your blatant lies and obfuscations we could actually have something that would allow us to check your math?  Put up or shut up you braggadocios fool.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Here's a concept...since you love to brag on yourself and your success, why don't you start posting AxeElf weekly ranking threads on here?  That way instead of us rolling our eyes at you after your blatant lies and obfuscations we could actually have something that would allow us to check your math?  Put up or shut up you braggadocios fool.  

I'll give you one thing he did say, he predicted Shady would score more ff points than Nick Chubb from week 3 on. So far after two weeks Shady has 37.4 and Chubb has 55 in .5ppr. Not looking so good for the gnome...

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

I think he tried that before and it failed miserably (for him).  We got a good chuckle out of it.  

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

It would take too much time to rank each and every player each and every week--and I'm not getting paid for this; Axe Elf's philanthropic wisdom has always been and will always be free.

However, "put up" it is.  If you'd like a sense of how greatly Axe Elf's advice is benefitting his attendant disciples, check out the "Thank You, Axe Elf!" threads over on the "Help" board, and you'll find a weekly compendium of the pinpoint accuracy that makes Axe Elf's advice an indispensable tool in winning any league's Championship.

You're welcome...

37 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think he tried that before and it failed miserably (for him).

You must have me confused with someone else.

Axe Elf has never posted weekly player rankings on any site, ever.

I don't remember what site it was on, but the closest I've ever gotten to that was one year when a did a weekly "Sleepers & Stinkers" list, in which I predicted greater-than-expected fantasy point totals for 3-5 players at each position who would not normally be starters, and less-than-expected fantasy point totals for 3-5 players at each position who would normally be starters.

Despite calling nothing but longshots, both to overachieve and to underachieve, I achieved a 50% "HIT" rate (defined as when I identified a sleeper that was indeed worth starting or a stinker who should have indeed been benched), but perhaps more remarkably, I also achieved a 21% "BULLSEYE" rate (defined as predicting a fantasy player's points within +/- 2pts of their actual posted total).

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

Great feeling.  

17 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

1-3  Should be 3-1
Meh...Who cares right? 

My weekly fuk ups seem to be Brady vs Winston
Godwin vs M. Brown vs Edelman vs B. Cooks vs M. Thomas 

What about you guys / girls ?  

I screwed up last week by benching Godwin because I thought he was dinged up, and I also had Winston going to LA - and I didn't want double exposure. 

So I sat Godwin, and plugged in the Hard Man @ DET.

Whups. Lost both matchups by less than the difference. I should be 7-1, and now I'm 5-3

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It would take too much time to rank each and every player each and every week--and I'm not getting paid for this; Axe Elf's philanthropic wisdom has always been and will always be free.

However, "put up" it is.  If you'd like a sense of how greatly Axe Elf's advice is benefitting his attendant disciples, check out the "Thank You, Axe Elf!" threads over on the "Help" board, and you'll find a weekly compendium of the pinpoint accuracy that makes Axe Elf's advice an indispensable tool in winning any league's Championship.

You're welcome...

yeah, that says it all.  your benign and all-knowing presence on the Help board.  Hyperbole, hot-air and way too much 80's Megadeath drop-out vibe who is scared to post on the big boy board for fear of getting called out on his "expertise".  Crawl back in your hole where you were banished to previously, or go back to the circle jerk @ FBG

15 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

way too much 80's Megadeath drop-out vibe

I think the band you are searching for is Megadeth.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled ad hominem hyperbole.

Fun fact I just read. AxeElf is now officially tied with Ghandi for most people educated and helped. Look it up.

17 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Fun fact I just read. AxeElf is now officially tied with Ghandi for most people educated and helped. Look it up.

Ghandi had thick callouses on his feet from going everywhere barefoot, and what's more, his vegetarian diet of leeks and onions left him physically frail with noticeably bad breath.

In other words, Ghandi was a super-calloused fragile mystic vexed by halitosis.