MTSkiBum

California legalizes eating roadkill

If I hit a deer with my vehicle I would love to be able to keep it for food.  Picking up someone else's days old roadkill is pretty sick though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If I hit a deer with my vehicle I would love to be able to keep it for food.  Picking up someone else's days old roadkill is pretty sick though.

Exactly.  If I hit a squirrel, no chance.  But if I hit an elk I'm going to end up with a bunch of elk jerkey.

jerky :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Exactly.  If I hit a squirrel, no chance.  But if I hit an elk I'm going to end up with a bunch of elk jerkey.

So good.  My father-in-law got an elk a month ago and gave me some.  I used it in my chili for tailgating and it was awesome.

so if I run over a baby, they would kill each other to get a taste?

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

California legalizes eating roadkill

Grooming us for the upcoming Baby eating contests.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So good.  My father-in-law got an elk a month ago and gave me some.  I used it in my chili for tailgating and it was awesome.

My first job was working for my neighbor's meat market.  I'd sit around all day with their son, waiting for them to finish up and then us two would clean all the equipment.  Probably ate half a pound of elk jerky every day for that entire summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Probably ate half a pound of elf jerky every day for that entire summer.

😋

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why was this not legal before?

Yeah. It's ridiculous. We have pretty much become a country where everything is illegal until and unless the government says otherwise. This is the opposite of what it is supposed to be. 

They should have to come up with good reasons to make things illegal. Not us coming up with reasons why things should be legal. 

This law passed just in time to get to that Antifa terrorist's corpse before his funeral.

9 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a focking clue what to do with a dead deer. :lol:

• Haha 1

Could make a good reality show.  People fit the front end of their trucks with spikes or massive speakers with men in loincloths and chains screaming on a mike, rambling across the desert running down aninals.  Very mad max. 

Mad max furry road

8 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a focking clue what to do with a dead deer. :lol:

Why do you think that?

i love in rural Iowa. I grew up hunting and fishing. I own several guns. I have shot and cleaned several deer along with many other animals. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if I could survive in the wild longer than most of you keyboard warriors in here. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why do you think that?

i love in rural Iowa. I grew up hunting and fishing. I own several guns. I have shot and cleaned several deer along with many other animals. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if I could survive in the wild longer than most of you keyboard warriors in here. 

I would pack a lunch for sure. Maybe some instant oatmeal. I totally can start a fire and boil water. I've done it before many times when camping.

It’s legal around here. Saw a deer in the road that was hit the other day. Still alive. Stopped by a cop and told him about it cause it was right around a curve and didn’t want people to wreck. He told me he’d check it out and call his buddy who would come get it and use it for dinner 

1 hour ago, sderk said:

I would pack a lunch for sure. Maybe some instant oatmeal. I totally can start a fire and boil water. I've done it before many times when camping.

You going to be able to hunt, trap and fish without any gear as well?

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You going to be able to hunt, trap and fish without any gear as well?

Yep. I'll go to the grocery store with a couple big ass coolers full of ice and buy some fresh fish, fresh steaks, maybe some fruit and veggies. I guess I do need some gear though. My wallet, a sturdy pair of jeans, a lighter, a flashlight, my car, and one or two of my top of the line pocket knives and a sleeping bag. Oh, and a bunch of beer and maybe a few bottles of Silver Oak Cabernet. I can rough it with the best of them. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, sderk said:

Yep. I'll go to the grocery store with a couple big ass coolers full of ice and buy some fresh fish, fresh steaks, maybe some fruit and veggies. I guess I do need some gear though. My wallet, a sturdy pair of jeans, a lighter, a flashlight, my car, and one or two of my top of the line pocket knives and a sleeping bag. Oh, and a bunch of beer and maybe a few bottles of Silver Oak Cabernet. I can rough it with the best of them. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I prefer glamping too.