Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Iowa Caucus

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I said he's known to do shady things and is willing to do certain things to win.  It wouldn't surprise me that his main reasoning for investigating Biden was for his own personal gain more than anything else.  That's just the opinion I have on Trump and I know you don't agree with it.  Oh well.

I find it funny how people like to rag on Trump about doing "shady things" or lying... as if every politician ever, isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I find it funny how people like to rag on Trump about doing "shady things" or lying... as if every politician ever, isn't.

He takes it to a whole new level.  He also doesn't care if people know it.  I just find it impressive that his minions don't care either.  He can lie right to their faces and it doesn't bother them for whatever reason.  :dunno:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO!!!!  THESE are the people idiots like Newbie want running the country?

Holy Hell. Tom Perez throws up his hands. (he's the DNC chairman when he's not serving as Hillary's personal bootlicker) What does a re-canvassing entail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Voltaire said:

Holy Hell. Tom Perez throws up his hands. (he's the DNC chairman when he's not serving as Hillary's personal bootlicker) What does a re-canvassing entail?

Is that the correct political term for a Mulligan? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonS said:

Is that the correct political term for a Mulligan? 

I think so.. I think he's calling for a re-vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Holy Hell. Tom Perez throws up his hands. (he's the DNC chairman when he's not serving as Hillary's personal bootlicker) What does a re-canvassing entail?

That's my question. What is a recanvass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Exactly. This is a Biden only thing. Footage or Pet my Butt, Klobuchar, Harris. etc.... bragging about forcing Ukrainian officials to drop an investigation of a crooked relative under thread of withholding aid don't exist. There may be bad stuff out there on tape, but surely nothing nearly of this magnitude seeing as this is VP level corruption.

Yes it's so bad that the President could only get an investigation started with Rudy and 2 Ukrainian thugs in contact with the disgraced form Attorney General of the Ukraine..If only the president could formally ask someone to investigate this massive conspiracy, like the justice department.  

Quote

 

New York Times - March 29, 2016 MOSCOW — Bowing to pressure from international donors, the Ukrainian Parliament voted on Tuesday to remove a prosecutor general who had clung to power for months despite visible signs of corruption.

But in a be-careful-what-you-wish-for moment, veteran observers of Ukrainian politics said that the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, had played an important role in balancing competing political interests, helping maintain stability during a treacherous era in the divided country’s history.

The United States and other Western nations had for months called for the ousting of Mr. Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corrupt practices and for defending the interests of a venal and entrenched elite. He was one of several political figures in Kiev whom reformers and Western diplomats saw as a worrying indicator of a return to past corrupt practices, two years after a revolution that was supposed to put a stop to self-dealing by those in power.

As the problems festered, Kiev drew increasingly sharp criticism from Western diplomats and leaders. In a visit in December, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said corruption was eating Ukraine “like a cancer.” Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund, which props up Ukraine financially, said last month that progress was so slow in fighting corruption that “it’s hard to see how the I.M.F.-supported program can continue.”

With this pressure mounting, Parliament on Tuesday voted by a comfortable margin to remove Mr. Shokin.

In the final hours before Parliament voted him out, Mr. Shokin had fired his reform-minded deputy prosecutor, David Sakvarelidze, with whom he had been feuding. It was not immediately clear whether that firing would remain in force.

Parliament voted on Tuesday to remove Mr. Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corruption.Credit...Genya Savilov/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

With the prosecutor’s office in turmoil throughout Ukraine on Tuesday, one of Mr. Sakvarelidze’s appointees in the Odessa regional office was arrested by military prosecutors, assumed to be loyal to Mr. Shokin.

Foreign donors had complained about rot in the prosecutor’s office, not least because much of the money suspected of being stolen was theirs.

In one high-profile example, known in Ukraine as the case of the “diamond prosecutors,” troves of diamonds, cash and other valuables were found in the homes of two of Mr. Shokin’s subordinates, suggesting that they had been taking bribes.

But the case became bogged down, with no reasons given. When a department in Mr. Shokin’s office tried to bring it to trial, the prosecutors were fired or resigned. The perpetrators seemed destined to get off with claims that the stones were not worth very much.

For many Ukrainians, the case encapsulated a failure to follow through on the sweeping promises made during the heady days of the revolution to root out corruption and establish a modern, transparent state. Instead, there has seemed to be a return to business-as-usual horse-trading and compromise among the tightly knit Ukrainian oligarchic and business elite.

Since his appointment a year ago, Mr. Shokin had been criticized for not prosecuting officials, businessmen and members of Parliament for their roles in corrupt schemes during the government of former President Viktor F. Yanukovych. He also did not press cases for sniping by the police and opposition activists during the street protests in 2014 that killed more than 100 people and wounded about 1,000.

To a certain extent, analysts say, accommodations of this sort are necessary if the government is to get anything done in Parliament, because supporters of the Yanukovych government remain a political force in Ukraine, coalesced around the Opposition Bloc party. It represents Russian-speaking southeastern areas of Ukraine and the former elite, whose support in Parliament President Petro O. Poroshenko needs to push through reforms and to try to implement a peace accord with Russia.

“There are prices the new political establishment has to pay,” Tymofiy Mylovanov, the president of the Kiev School of Economics, said in an interview. “How do they pay? They guarantee some security for their opponents’ business interests.”

 

Truly amazing how well they planned the entire cover-up.   :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I find it funny how people like to rag on Trump about doing "shady things" or lying... as if every politician ever, isn't.

Sorry that my focus is more on our current President at the moment.  I'd rather there not be any shady politicians.  I wouldn't mind seeing it all changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes it's so bad that the President could only get an investigation started with Rudy and 2 Ukrainian thugs in contact with the disgraced form Attorney General of the Ukraine..If only the president could formally ask someone to investigate this massive conspiracy, like the justice department.  

 

Hunter Biden's nepotism and corruption will sink Quid Pro Joe's campaign. The footage is career ending. Biden is the walking dead. There's no recovering from this.

Lindsey Graham had promised to investigate this but I'm lukewarm to the idea since I'd rather he focus on filling all the backlogged judicial vacancies. They just wasted three weeks on Impeachment bullsh*t and still have 84 and counting that need confirmation in case Trump doesn't win reelection.

But Graham's pledge was during deliberation of calling more witnesses, a few days before Biden tanked in Iowa. They may have sunk his campaign too soon. I'd lay off of Biden until after Super Tuesday to see if he re-emerges or not. Investigate Hunter after the Dem nomination is locked up with Joe or whoever.

Either way, better if another committee took it up instead, Judiciary is busy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO!!!!  THESE are the people idiots like Newbie want running the country?

Pretty sure that they would mess this up as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

What does a re-canvassing entail?

A recanvass is a hand audit of math worksheets and reporting forms completed at each of the 1,765 precincts across the state. It differs from a full recount, which involves a hand cout of each of the so-called “presidential preference cards” completed by caucus-goers to ensure that caucus-by-caucus support was tallied and transmitted correctly on the worksheets and reporting forms.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hunter Biden's nepotism and corruption will sink Quid Pro Joe's campaign. The footage is career ending. Biden is the walking dead. There's no recovering from this.

Lindsey Graham had promised to investigate this but I'm lukewarm to the idea since I'd rather he focus on filling all the backlogged judicial vacancies. They just wasted three weeks on Impeachment bullsh*t and still have 84 and counting that need confirmation in case Trump doesn't win reelection.

But Graham's pledge was during deliberation of calling more witnesses, a few days before Biden tanked in Iowa. They may have sunk his campaign too soon. I'd lay off of Biden until after Super Tuesday to see if he re-emerges or not. Investigate Hunter after the Dem nomination is locked up with Joe or whoever.

Either way, better if another committee took it up instead, Judiciary is busy.

Isn't it pretty clear by the fact that Don Jr, Ivanka, and Jared Kushner all have white house jobs that no one gives a crap about nepotism? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Isn't it pretty clear by the fact that Don Jr, Ivanka, and Jared Kushner all have white house jobs that no one gives a crap about nepotism? 

Hunter Biden is the child the media wishes Donald Trump had. He's corrupted through and through and so far as embarrassing relatives go, is way, way worse than anybody since Billy Carter.

If I were running for office, I'd rather have Cousin Eddie in my family than Hunter Biden.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hunter Biden's nepotism and corruption will sink Quid Pro Joe's campaign. The footage is career ending. Biden is the walking dead. There's no recovering from this.

Lindsey Graham had promised to investigate this but I'm lukewarm to the idea since I'd rather he focus on filling all the backlogged judicial vacancies. They just wasted three weeks on Impeachment bullsh*t and still have 84 and counting that need confirmation in case Trump doesn't win reelection.

But Graham's pledge was during deliberation of calling more witnesses, a few days before Biden tanked in Iowa. They may have sunk his campaign too soon. I'd lay off of Biden until after Super Tuesday to see if he re-emerges or not. Investigate Hunter after the Dem nomination is locked up with Joe or whoever.

Either way, better if another committee took it up instead, Judiciary is busy.

 

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hunter Biden is the child the media wishes Donald Trump had. He's corrupted through and through and so far as embarrassing relatives go, is way, way worse than anybody since Billy Carter.

If I were running for office, I'd rather have Cousin Eddie in my family than Hunter Biden.

You are so far gone I can only conclude you've been getting into those opium fields.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

 

You are so far gone I can only conclude you've been getting into those opium fields.  

I'm busy now but I'd go into it more. But you and Newbie clearly haven't been paying attention. Hunter will kill Biden's campaign. You've clearly got no idea.

It's good that you don't know. That means the powder is still dry. I worried that Hunter's story getting out would tank Biden too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Muhammad Ali ran for office... what percentage of Democrats do you think would bring up the fact that he dodged the draft?

was a huge deal to republicans when Clinton was running 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

was a huge deal to republicans when Clinton was running 

Yes, Hypocrits. Just empty words. Didn't seem to bother them with Dan Quayle, GWB, or Trump.

Should have been some sort of an impediment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing the nepotism card may be one of the least self aware things I've seen Trump supporters do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Playing the nepotism card may be one of the least self aware things I've seen Trump supporters do.

It's like they forgot that his kids have absolutely zero qualifications for any of the positions they're in.  It reminds me of when Trump mocks someone else's physical appearance.  Has he not been near a mirror in the past 20 years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm busy now but I'd go into it more. But you and Newbie clearly haven't been paying attention. Hunter will kill Biden's campaign. You've clearly got no idea.

It's good that you don't know. That means the powder is still dry. I worried that Hunter's story getting out would tank Biden too soon.

Can't speak for Newbie, but I clearly have been paying attention, you on the other hand clearly have blinders on whenever presented with evidence that there is no Joe Biden quid pro quo story.   Seek treatment and you have my T&P's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He takes it to a whole new level.  He also doesn't care if people know it.  I just find it impressive that his minions don't care either.  He can lie right to their faces and it doesn't bother them for whatever reason.  :dunno:

No he doesn't.... take it to a whole new level that is.  You're just seeing more of it because of social media, the main stream media, and the socialist movement blowing things up more than it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sorry that my focus is more on our current President at the moment.  I'd rather there not be any shady politicians.  I wouldn't mind seeing it all changed.

Your faux apology would mean something if you had been consistent across the board on all politicians.  I'm willing to bet, that you're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Playing the nepotism card may be one of the least self aware things I've seen Trump supporters do.

I don't look at Trump's family working in the WH as nepotism.  I look at it as an apprenticeship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

was a huge deal to republicans when Clinton was running 

Well, I was like 12 back then.  Apparently the Democrats have told us that dodging the draft wasn't an issue.  So why is it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people so anti-nepotism? Yeah if you are funneling money to them and they aren't qualified or actually doing their job its a problem... but aren't all family businesses very pro-nepotism? I don't understand the issue. If there were two people I was hiring that are of equal qualifications I am going to pick my family member, who wouldn't?  This is the dumbest "ism" people get upset about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Your faux apology would mean something if you had been consistent across the board on all politicians.  I'm willing to bet, that you're not.

I'm sorry that I don't spend all of my time looking into all of the politicians, I have other interests.  I've never been big into politics and didn't really pay much at all until Trump ran for President.  I don't put as much focus on anyone else because they are not the President.  Just because I don't talk about other politicians does not mean I think it's ok that they do it.  Also, just because others do it does not give Trump a pass.  It's a poor excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why are people so anti-nepotism? Yeah if you are funneling money to them and they aren't qualified or actually doing their job its a problem... but aren't all family businesses very pro-nepotism? I don't understand the issue. If there were two people I was hiring that are of equal qualifications I am going to pick my family member, who wouldn't?  This is the dumbest "ism" people get upset about.

Its more to do about unqualified people getting jobs in exchange for favors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can't speak for Newbie, but I clearly have been paying attention, you on the other hand clearly have blinders on whenever presented with evidence that there is no Joe Biden quid pro quo story.   Seek treatment and you have my T&P's.  

:lol: Blinders. Someone has them on about Biden. That is so true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why are people so anti-nepotism? Yeah if you are funneling money to them and they aren't qualified or actually doing their job its a problem... but aren't all family businesses very pro-nepotism? I don't understand the issue. If there were two people I was hiring that are of equal qualifications I am going to pick my family member, who wouldn't?  This is the dumbest "ism" people get upset about.

I'm not completely against it.  That's basically what a family business is but usually family members grow up with the business so they are probably qualified.  I was just poking fun at the hypocrisy of calling out nepotism for the Bidens and not the Trumps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm sorry that I don't spend all of my time looking into all of the politicians, I have other interests.  I've never been big into politics and didn't really pay much at all until Trump ran for President.  I don't put as much focus on anyone else because they are not the President.  Just because I don't talk about other politicians does not mean I think it's ok that they do it.  Also, just because others do it does not give Trump a pass.  It's a poor excuse.

No, it doesn't give him an excuse... nor does it give someone a free pass to criticize.  For example, Obama lied about something every time he opened his mouth.  Do you remember any member of the MSM ragging on him being such a liar?  No.  Why?  Because he was their guy.  So now, when people on the right don't care, why is it that we're immoral, racists, bigots, etc?  So forgive me if I want to tell Trump haters and/or Democrats to STFU.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not completely against it.  That's basically what a family business is but usually family members grow up with the business so they are probably qualified.  I was just poking fun at the hypocrisy of calling out nepotism for the Bidens and not the Trumps.

The difference is the Trump's are all highly educated, successful business people.  Hunter Biden is a drug addict degenerate who was kicked out of the military.  One set of people is QUALIFIED.  The other one isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not completely against it.  That's basically what a family business is but usually family members grow up with the business so they are probably qualified.  I was just poking fun at the hypocrisy of calling out nepotism for the Bidens and not the Trumps.

What Trump family member is getting "paid" for doing work?  They also are qualified to do the jobs they're doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, it doesn't give him an excuse... nor does it give someone a free pass to criticize.  For example, Obama lied about something every time he opened his mouth.  Do you remember any member of the MSM ragging on him being such a liar?  No.  Why?  Because he was their guy.  So now, when people on the right don't care, why is it that we're immoral, racists, bigots, etc?  So forgive me if I want to tell Trump haters and/or Democrats to STFU.

That's super.  I didn't follow much, if any, news media while Obama was President.  I can see why you would be bothered by it though.  As someone who's newer to following politics all I see is biased and hypocritical talk.   I'm sick of Democrats and Republicans as they really are not that different from each other in how they act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What Trump family member is getting "paid" for doing work?  They also are qualified to do the jobs they're doing.

I don't know if they get paid.  I didn't even mention anything about pay.  How are they qualified for their positions in the WH?  Would they have gotten those positions if their dad wasn't the President?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our local liberals going all in for Biden's son... Jesus, this is what it's come to...

:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Our local liberals going all in for Biden's son... Jesus, this is what it's come to...

:doh:

Do people really care about Hunter all that much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can't speak for Newbie, but I clearly have been paying attention, you on the other hand clearly have blinders on whenever presented with evidence that there is no Joe Biden quid pro quo story.   Seek treatment and you have my T&P's.  

Keep your TP and wipe your tears with it. This is exactly what Quid Pro Quo looks like. You have to really, really have your head deep up your ass to not see it.

If you can divorce Joe's action from Hunter's so be it. There's so much more to this story though (again, busy with time constraints)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do people really care about Hunter all that much?

Joe does.  And he uses his power to assist cokehead.  And so, whether we care or not, we are all affected by the piece of garbage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Joe does.  And he uses his power to assist cokehead.  And so, whether we care or not, we are all affected by the piece of garbage.  

What I meant was, are liberals here really defending Hunter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do people really care about Hunter all that much?

Insofar as you can divorce his actions from his father's actions taken on his behalf.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't want Joe to become president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×