Sign in to follow this  
edjr

What's your ruling here? HR or not?

Typical bumbling umpires. How do you not give Gomez a HR?  

If a guy in the playoffs hits a game tying HR in the 9th, the catcher can tackle him and hold him down so the run doesn't score? da fuq :wacko:

Should have been a homer for sure. Did the catcher get ejected too? He was just as much at fault as anyone else.

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

Should have been a homer for sure. Did the catcher get ejected too? He was just as much at fault as anyone else.

Seems like it opens the proverbial can of worms.

up 1 run in the 9th, put the backup catcher in and tell him to sweep the legs of anyone that hit's a solo dinger

Glad McCann stood there and was ready to jack him up. Not sure what the history is, but Gomez is obviously a . One thing I love about baseball is how it polices itself. 

But yeah, should still be a home run.

Wellll...........I dunno.  I agree he should be allowed unfettered access but the difference here is he got tossed.  BEFORE he completed the play.  Therefore it's null and void.

If hes trotting along, and flips the bird to the third base umpire, and gets thrown out right there, the run probably wouldn't count either.

So a good strategy would be to have a guy running behind him screaming  YOU SUCK----You JACKASS......

Get him to do something to get tossed before he touches home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wellll...........I dunno.  I agree he should be allowed unfettered access but the difference here is he got tossed.  BEFORE he completed the play.  Therefore it's null and void.

If hes trotting along, and flips the bird to the third base umpire, and gets thrown out right there, the run probably wouldn't count either.

So a good strategy would be to have a guy running behind him screaming  YOU SUCK----You JACKASS......

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

That's what I'm sayin--and some freaky stuff happens at the end of that video?   WTF? That you ED?  LOL

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

My two cents: The catcher impeded the runner's ability and is at that very point a home run.  Yes, he got ejected, but only after the confrontation with the catcher...correct?  Anyways, I say home run unless they ejected the runner before he reached the catcher. 

3 hours ago, joneo said:

My two cents: The catcher impeded the runner's ability and is at that very point a home run.  Yes, he got ejected, but only after the confrontation with the catcher...correct?  Anyways, I say home run unless they ejected the runner before he reached the catcher. 

Seriously. How can this not be the case? Baseball players are such dumbass rednecks. Someone says something to them that they don't like and they get all tough guy and wanna fight. Why don't they just go win the game and move on to the next game and make that dude look like an ass in the end.

8 hours ago, joneo said:

Obstruction. He gets the base.  

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Home run. Catcher thrown out. Can’t impede a base runner. 

30 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Obstruction. He gets the base.  

9 hours ago, joneo said:

Easy call.