Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Not fantasy related but bump for the All Star Race tonight.   Short track with no points on the line should make for exciting racing. 

I think since it's just a pride thing, it could get a little more 'no holds barred' tonight.  Bristol's always great so this should be a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think since it's just a pride thing, it could get a little more 'no holds barred' tonight.  Bristol's always great so this should be a lot of fun.

Exactly.  There's a million dollars on the line but it's winner take all.  Bristol is a great choice for this race.  I'm looking forward to it.  :cheers:

Choose cone rule

Drivers and fans for years have pushed for a choose cone rule in NASCAR. They finally get it for the All-Star Race at Bristol, as if restarts Wednesday night were not going to be interesting enough.

Commonly implemented at non-NASCAR short track races around the country, the choose cone rule — NASCAR is simply calling it the "choose rule" since there won't be a literal cone on the track — is simple. Rather than just the leader, all drivers are able to choose their lanes for all restarts.

As drivers approach a designated spot on the track, they will have to commit to the inside or outside lane for the restart. One they pick a lane, they have to stick with it, or they will lose their position.

The choose cone rule should eliminate some shenanigans on pit road where drivers try to jostle for position based on the lane in which they want to restart.

The 34 being investigated for a hate crime. 

Just now, lod001 said:

McDowell took out Bubba Smollett.

Bubba hasn't even learned how to do the bump and run correctly.  

1 minute ago, BiffTannen said:

The 34 being investigated for a hate crime. 

FBI is on the case.

The number placement looks like dogsh!t. I really hope they don't make it permanent.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The number placement looks like dogsh!t. I really hope they don't make it permanent.

I was thinking the same. 

They have LED lighting under the cars too

I can just imagine the meetings:

"Let's give Bubba a "token" award."

27 minutes ago, fandandy said:

More Bubba down our throat.  Fock Nascar.

SRX Series is going to bury NASCAR. They already have a primetime contract with CBS. Tony Stewart/Evernham leading the charge with a group of investors. I can't wait.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2020/07/13/stewart-and-evernham-team-to-recreate-iroc-as-srx-all-stars/112260374/

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

SRX Series is going to bury NASCAR. They already have a primetime contract with CBS. Tony Stewart/Evernham leading the charge with a group of investors. I can't wait.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2020/07/13/stewart-and-evernham-team-to-recreate-iroc-as-srx-all-stars/112260374/

The IROC series was great.   Hope this works.

• Like 1

What’s the point of having stages in this race? 

2 minutes ago, nospk said:

What’s the point of having stages in this race? 

All star race has always had stages before they were implemented in normal full length races. They use to pill draw and do field inverts, I can't keep up with the year to year changes anymore though.

1 hour ago, nospk said:

What’s the point of having Bubba in this race? 

Fixorated.

Thought we might see some action on the last stage when Rowdy pulled up behind Chase, but guess he was all used up.  Chase and Hendrick had that car just dialed in last night, very impressive. 

Only thing thought I had, considering how gimmicky they usually make the all-star events, is it might have been more interesting if in the last segment they went 25 laps and mandated a 4 tire pit stop. But that might just be my inherent need for extra drama. With 10 laps left the only drama was a possible yellow coming out and causing a restart cause.  Otherwise it was clear Chase was bringing it home. 

Thx for the headsup @Strike, otherwise I would have missed it.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Doosh personified.  Hes untouchable now.  Its getting old quick.  

He's milking the movement but these things tend to be temporary.  And, at some point, Richard Petty is going to want to put someone in the car that actually has a chance to win a race.  Or, at least his sponsors will want that.   Just like Danica.  Novelty wears off eventually.  Performance matters.

Even Almirola found a way to win in the 43 and it wasn't as good of a ride back then either.  Bubba is garbage.  

https://popculture.com/sports/news/bubba-wallace-booed-nascar-all-star-race-qualifer-cheered-crash/

Bubba Wallace Booed at NASCAR All-Star Open, Cheered After Crash

Bubba Wallace took some heat before he competed in the NASCAR All-Star Open, which was the race to qualify for the main event at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday. AP Sports reporter Jenna Fryer covered the event and wrote on Twitter that fans booed Wallace when he was introduced. And when he crashed 17 laps into the race, the crowd began cheering.

"Bubba Wallace was also booed when he was introduced, and many cheered when he crashed," Fryer wrote. "NASCAR still has a lot of work to do to back up its position. The group Justice 4 Diversity held signs along Speedway Blvd. after the race." After the ace, Wallace called out Michael McDowell for causing him to crash and lose out on a chance to win $1 million. "Just disrespect. When you get hooked the right rear into the wall - I don't even need to see a replay," Wallace said. "People say [he's] one of the nicest guys in the garage. Can't wait for the God-fearing text he's going to send me about preaching and praising respect. What a joke he is."

Odds are this won't be the last time Wallace will be booed this season. The reason fans are upset with Wallace likely has to do with the noose investigation. While at the Talladega Superspeedway, NASCAR announced a noose was found in Wallace's garage stall, and it led to an investigation by the FBI. When the investigation ended, law enforcement determined the noose had been there since last year and that Wallace wasn't a victim of a hate crime. That led to fans attacking Wallace, claiming he made up the noose incident despite the fact he was not the person who made the claim.

"It was brought to my attention from NASCAR president Steve Phelps; he came into my motorhome," Wallace said on Steve Harvey's STEVE on Watch. Wallace also said Phelps "had tears in his eyes, I had tears in my eyes, and he said 'We are gonna get to the bottom of this and find this person that did it.'" Wallace is glad the noose wasn't targeted at him but is convinced someone tied a noose a purpose at the garage stall. Along with the noose incident, Wallace spoke out against the Confederate flag at races, which led to NASCAR banning the flag at future events. A Confederate flag was seen flying over Bristol Motor Speedway before the race.

Just now, posty said:

https://popculture.com/sports/news/bubba-wallace-booed-nascar-all-star-race-qualifer-cheered-crash/

Bubba Wallace took some heat before he competed in the NASCAR All-Star Open, which was the race to qualify for the main event at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday. AP Sports reporter Jenna Fryer covered the event and wrote on Twitter that fans booed Wallace when he was introduced. And when he crashed 17 laps into the race, the crowd began cheering.

"Bubba Wallace was also booed when he was introduced, and many cheered when he crashed," Fryer wrote. "NASCAR still has a lot of work to do to back up its position. The group Justice 4 Diversity held signs along Speedway Blvd. after the race." After the ace, Wallace called out Michael McDowell for causing him to crash and lose out on a chance to win $1 million. "Just disrespect. When you get hooked the right rear into the wall - I don't even need to see a replay," Wallace said. "People say [he's] one of the nicest guys in the garage. Can't wait for the God-fearing text he's going to send me about preaching and praising respect. What a joke he is."

Odds are this won't be the last time Wallace will be booed this season. The reason fans are upset with Wallace likely has to do with the noose investigation. While at the Talladega Superspeedway, NASCAR announced a noose was found in Wallace's garage stall, and it led to an investigation by the FBI. When the investigation ended, law enforcement determined the noose had been there since last year and that Wallace wasn't a victim of a hate crime. That led to fans attacking Wallace, claiming he made up the noose incident despite the fact he was not the person who made the claim.

"It was brought to my attention from NASCAR president Steve Phelps; he came into my motorhome," Wallace said on Steve Harvey's STEVE on Watch. Wallace also said Phelps "had tears in his eyes, I had tears in my eyes, and he said 'We are gonna get to the bottom of this and find this person that did it.'" Wallace is glad the noose wasn't targeted at him but is convinced someone tied a noose a purpose at the garage stall. Along with the noose incident, Wallace spoke out against the Confederate flag at races, which led to NASCAR banning the flag at future events. A Confederate flag was seen flying over Bristol Motor Speedway before the race.

He knows 80% of the NASCAR fan base turned on him and he is kicking and screaming like a toddler now.

1 minute ago, posty said:

The reason fans are "upset" at Bubba is he's a no talent, racist ass clown.

NBC’s graphics suck. Dont fockin scroll it 

WTF, there's 30 laps left in stage 2 but I can't swap my garage driver?  :mad:

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Same

Same here thats bullsh!t

Cost me putting Hamlin back in

I guess I'll  just put Bubba in the garage from now on. That way it's not a problem.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I guess I'll  just put Bubba in the garage from now on. That way it's not a problem.  :dunno:

First mistake was having Bubba in your lineup :(

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

First mistake was having Bubba in your lineup :(

Never been in my lineup. But if I can't use my garage driver it might as well be him. He might walk into a door pull while he's in there.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

That one hurt. 

On 7/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, 5-Points said:

WTF, there's 30 laps left in stage 2 but I can't swap my garage driver?  :mad:

Looks like they took care of it after the fact.  :thumbsup:

"DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE GARAGE LOCK TIME AT TEXAS, THE LOWEST SCORING DRIVER FOR EACH FANTASY LIVE TEAM WILL BE MOVED TO THE GARAGE SO THAT LINEUPS WILL RECEIVE OPTIMAL POINTS. YOUR DRIVER USES WILL NOT COUNT FROM THIS RACE"

• Thanks 1