Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Is Trump doing enough to counter Coronavirus?

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think we all need to ask ourselves, “If this pandemic happened under Obungler, what would Trump be saying about it on Twitter etc.?” And then treat Donald accordingly. 

Only seems fair. :dunno: 

I dont care who the president is...this is unprecedented and no one knows what should be happening or what is or isnt done.  Its all reactionary at this point.  Fine balancing act to protect and prevent panic.

The Trumpettes will say the same thing no matter what.  "I don't care if he lies, so long as stuff gets done".  Well, he is talking out of his ass and it has cost us time.  Time is what we need to get supplies to medical staff to fight this.  He lied when he said that it was under control when it wasn't (and still isn't).  He lied when he enacted the Defense Production Act, only to do nothing for several days.  He lied when he said the malaria drugs were available immediately.

He just needs to step back and not talk to people because he can't help himself.  Let the scientists do their thing and help then anyway possible.  Trump's job in this is to have everyone rowing the boat in the same direction and he just can't do that.  It is against his DNA.  

It was much easier when you could just blame Bush. That’s what America needs right now. A scapegoat we can agree on.  Then we can come together and do what needs to be done. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was much easier when you could just blame Bush. That’s what America needs right now. A scapegoat we can agree on.  Then we can come together and do what needs to be done. 

:lol:

:thumbsup: 

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I dont care who the president is...this is unprecedented and no one knows what should be happening or what is or isnt done.  Its all reactionary at this point.  Fine balancing act to protect and prevent panic.

Did it have to be reactionary though?  It didn't start here so I think we had some time to prepare to a certain extent.  Did we take advantage of the knowledge we had ahead of time?

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The Trumpettes will say the same thing no matter what.  "I don't care if he lies, so long as stuff gets done".  Well, he is talking out of his ass and it has cost us time.  Time is what we need to get supplies to medical staff to fight this.  He lied when he said that it was under control when it wasn't (and still isn't).  He lied when he enacted the Defense Production Act, only to do nothing for several days.  He lied when he said the malaria drugs were available immediately.

He just needs to step back and not talk to people because he can't help himself.  Let the scientists do their thing and help then anyway possible.  Trump's job in this is to have everyone rowing the boat in the same direction and he just can't do that.  It is against his DNA.  

Trump doesn't control the states.  And the states are just now shutting down.  And people are being fairly irresponsible.  Anti Trumpers will say the same thing no matter what.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Trump doesn't control the states.  And the states are just now shutting down.  And people are being fairly irresponsible.  Anti Trumpers will say the same thing no matter what.

The issue isn't just intrastate, it is interstate.  Medical supplies and their production is a national level item.  Some states have done well and many have done poorly.  Trump can't fix it all, but he can help with several key things - medical supplies (masks, tests, ventilators, etc.), shutting down the borders (took a while, but it is close to done) and guidance from CDC that is clear and factual (he has sucked here).  This is not all on Trump, but he can't absolve himself, especially when he says he is doing a "10 out of 10" in his personal handling of things.  

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did it have to be reactionary though?  It didn't start here so I think we had some time to prepare to a certain extent.  Did we take advantage of the knowledge we had ahead of time?

It did have to be reactionary bc China withheld information from the rest of the world. People infected were here before we knew about it. 
He closed the border pretty focking early on and got criticized for it and was accused of advancing his racist policies. Now he hasn’t done enough?? Please. There’s no way people with bias will give him any credit. There’s always going to be something to Monday morning QB about. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hindsight is 2020....has anyone ever got it right the first time?  Its easy to say woulda coulda shoulda after the fact.  Thats all I am saying.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The issue isn't just intrastate, it is interstate.  Medical supplies and their production is a national level item.  Some states have done well and many have done poorly.  Trump can't fix it all, but he can help with several key things - medical supplies (masks, tests, ventilators, etc.), shutting down the borders (took a while, but it is close to done) and guidance from CDC that is clear and factual (he has sucked here).  This is not all on Trump, but he can't absolve himself, especially when he says he is doing a "10 out of 10" in his personal handling of things.  

We have been here before with other emergencies (fiscal, war, etc) and they have always lied before to keep the calm. All of them. Does anyone honestly think the government has 300 million masks lying around.  Or 300 millions tests of a virus that didn't exist 5 months ago.  Let's get real here.  They are in production, we know that. 

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It doesn't look like we're prepared very well.  People are sick and can't get tested.  

And the country is dangerously low on ventilators. No idea how to put together a stimulus. It's laughable that people think nothing could have been done ahead of time. None of this could have been for seen. No way to prepare.

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

It did have to be reactionary bc China withheld information from the rest of the world. People infected were here before we knew about it. 
He closed the border pretty focking early on and got criticized for it and was accused of advancing his racist policies. Now he hasn’t done enough?? Please. There’s no way people with bias will give him any credit. There’s always going to be something to Monday morning QB about. 

So, there's nothing that couldn't done better?

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

We have been here before with other emergencies (fiscal, war, etc) and they have always lied before to keep the calm. All of them. Does anyone honestly think the government has 300 million masks lying around.  Or 300 millions tests of a virus that didn't exist 5 months ago.  Let's get real here.  They are in production, we know that

Do we know anything? How can you trust a guy with that many lies?

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Hindsight is 2020....has anyone ever got it right the first time?  Its easy to say woulda coulda shoulda after the fact.  Thats all I am saying.

You're 100% correct.

Keep in Mind that Dr Fauci, whom everyone seems to love now, on March 9th said if you are feeling OK, you are fine to go on a cruise.

These are the folks advising the President.  It's no ones fault.  NO ONE expected this. Except China, and they lied about it constantly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2020/03/09/fauci-says-cruising-is-ok-if-you-are-healthy/#32110752d4de

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do we know anything? How can you trust a guy with that many lies?

The Surgeon General said they are in production.  But, I suppose he could be part of your conspiracy.  :dunno:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

The Surgeon General said they are in production.  But, I suppose he could be part of your conspiracy.  :dunno:

What conspiracy?  I said that we have one guy who gets in front of a microphone or Twitter and can't help himself from spewing falsehoods.  

It’s just like 9/11 with the being prepared and blame casting. No administration was prepared. They can all take their share of the blame. And that includes congress and the governors. And the American people. In the election in 2000 there was no mention of terrorism by either Bush or Gore. Even the USS Cole attack which occurred in Oct of 2000 got scant mention. There was no talk of being prepared for this stuff by either side. Then 9/11 happened. Then the virus happened. This wasn’t  a priority obviously, by anyone. We were too busy arguing about bathrooms and baking cakes.  We can all take a bow on this one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Keep in Mind that Dr Fauci, whom everyone seems to love now, on March 9th said if you are feeling OK, you are fine to go on a cruise.

These are the folks advising the President.  It's no ones fault.  NO ONE expected this. Except China, and they lied about it constantly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2020/03/09/fauci-says-cruising-is-ok-if-you-are-healthy/#32110752d4de

I expected this. :first:

So the people who were nervous about this from the jump are smarter than our president and all the leaders in the country? Worst examples ever. Well I couldn't glean from Twitter that this would turn into a major issue, so therefor the president and his entire administration couldn't either. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's trying to treat it as a big deal now, because he has to.  He certainly didn't a month ago.

You are so clueless 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

So the people who were nervous about this from the jump are smarter than our president and all the leaders in the country? Worst examples ever. Well I couldn't glean from Twitter that this would turn into a major issue, so therefor the president and his entire administration couldn't either. 

When people were saying that this was going to be bad they got ridiculed and told they where fear-mongering. "It's just the flu" "The flu kills 80k a year" 

It was impossible to get ahead of this thing because very few people took it seriously.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

When people were saying that this was going to be bad they got ridiculed and told they where fear-mongering. "It's just the flu" "The flu kills 80k a year" 

It was impossible to get ahead of this thing because very few people took it seriously.

You're right but was that just because that's how we are as a nation?  How do we prevent that in the future?  Does a early statement from our President make a difference?  I think it would help but I know there are always going to be those who think it's all BS.

29 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

And the country is dangerously low on ventilators. No idea how to put together a stimulus. It's laughable that people think nothing could have been done ahead of time. None of this could have been for seen. No way to prepare.

So it's Obama's fault then?  How come he didn't see this coming and make sure there was 500,000 ventilators available?  Or is it just Trump's fault because he didn't see this coming 3 years ago... but Obama is absolved because that was 4 years ago?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s just like 9/11 with the being prepared and blame casting. No administration was prepared. They can all take their share of the blame. And that includes congress and the governors. And the American people. In the election in 2000 there was no mention of terrorism by either Bush or Gore. Even the USS Cole attack which occurred in Oct of 2000 got scant mention. There was no talk of being prepared for this stuff by either side. Then 9/11 happened. Then the virus happened. This wasn’t  a priority obviously, by anyone. We were too busy arguing about bathrooms and baking cakes.  We can all take a bow on this one. 

Good point.  Two in a row!

31 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How many respirators should the USA have had stockpiled?  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're right but was that just because that's how we are as a nation?  How do we prevent that in the future?  Does a early statement from our President make a difference?  I think it would help but I know there are always going to be those who think it's all BS.

That's how everyone is. Look at other countries around the world. We are handling it probably the best. Hell Sweden still has kids going to school. Isreal won't allow anyone over 60 to have a ventilator. What would the president saying anything do? The democrats would say he's fear-mongering. Besides, it's up to the states to take action. If you want to finger point start with your governor. 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So it's Obama's fault then?  How come he didn't see this coming and make sure there was 500,000 ventilators available?  Or is it just Trump's fault because he didn't see this coming 3 years ago... but Obama is absolved because that was 4 years ago?

Trump combined the pandemic team with bioweapons or something like that. He says that it was functioning just fine. The people who were connected to the old pandemic team say the new version just isn't the same.

Its on Obama too to have something in place, but I can get passed that. It's the slow response when the news started coming out from China. The Because any normal American didn't know it would be this bad so our top minds couldn't possibly know argument is weak as hell. 

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How many respirators should the USA have had stockpiled?  

Easy, more than we have now

Just now, Reality said:

This is how the media handled the travel restrictions...

The right always wins these things when you look back.  If the left had any sense at all, they could see things from the start. 

Well obviously Trump didn't have enough diversity on his task force back in January. If only he had enlisted more POC and some purple haired trannies we wouldn't be in this mess. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Yeah, my point was, if you're blaming Trump because he didn't have things in place (in 3 years), how then can you not blame Obama.  As it stands, Obama DID reduce funds and manpower from the CDC.  I have a friend who works for the CDC and said that under Obama, there were a lot of layoffs and/or reassignment of personnel as well as less funding.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's how everyone is. Look at other countries around the world. We are handling it probably the best. Hell Sweden still has kids going to school. Isreal won't allow anyone over 60 to have a ventilator. What would the president saying anything do? The democrats would say he's fear-mongering. Besides, it's up to the states to take action. If you want to finger point start with your governor. 

I think our governor waited too long to act as well.

OK so the administration is no smarter than the average person. But we need to trust they are doing everything perfect even though they aren't any smarter than the average person. 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

OK so the administration is no smarter than the average person. But we need to trust they are doing everything perfect even though they aren't any smarter than the average person. 

:doh: