KSB2424

Ahmaud Arbery

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Besides the victim being black, do you have any info that proves its a racist act?  Do you have knowledge of previous hat crime convictions? Could you give me an example, if you believe its even possible, of a white on black violent crime that isnt racially motivated? 

This is a good point.   If Arbery looked like the lead singer from the Spin Doctors and did the same things and behaved the same way - would the end result be any different?     Just because he wasn't black, you think Cletus & Joe Bob aren't going to grab their guns and go after him if they saw him running from a construction site?     

RLLD nailed it;  "Two morons trying to capture some other moron = bad outcomes".    

Any time there are races involved in something bad, we've been conditioned to assign racism as a cause.    But doesn't stupidity make more sense than racism?     Does it always have to be because whitey hates the black man?    

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Well if you're going to play the hero and make a citizen's arrest against a black kid who's unarmed, and you have two grown men, you better be prepared to detain him without having to kill him.  They had two men. Why was he even carrying a gun when he confronted him? That could have been left in the truck if they ended up needing it. A skinny black kid and two burly white guys and they needed a gun? Obviously shooting him was something they had planned on. Or at least planned for.

except the first shot was in his hand, if they planned on shooting him it would have happened when the guy was running at him or just standing there

I bet they wouldn't have even picked up a gun to shoot a white man running.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

What did you want him to do, start crying? Fall to the ground with arms and legs splayed? You wanted that he should acquiesce to complete strangers? White men in the back of their pick up truck carrying rifles? One of them not in clear view of the runner? You all never heard of fight or flight??!! Some people run when they're afraid while others fight. Those men could've been serial killers or murderers. You automatically assign a good label to those men but to a stranger they are unfamiliar and scary. This is the same thing that happened with the Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin situation. Strangers approaching another stranger and expecting to get respect and to be seen as an authority figure? Why???

he should be afraid not cause hes black and they are white, but because he was burglarizing properties

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

except the first shot was in his hand, if they planned on shooting him it would have happened when the guy was running at him or just standing there

Now that is the first good point I've read yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Observer said:

Well if you're going to play the hero and make a citizen's arrest against a black kid who's unarmed, and you have two grown men, you better be prepared to detain him without having to kill him.  They had two men. Why was he even carrying a gun when he confronted him? That could have been left in the truck if they ended up needing it. A skinny black kid and two burly white guys and they needed a gun? Obviously shooting him was something they had planned on. Or at least planned for.

If you noticed, I said in my post to MDC, I don't like that they killed him.  I think that was excessive.  I don't think they broke the law.  I'd like to see them in jail.  I think the best way to do that is to charge them with the most minor offense that requires prison, because I think if they push for murder, they're going to walk.  Legally, they did nothing wrong.  I say that based on some information known (we have video's and we know the rules of citizen's arrest), as well as assumed info.  I'm assuming GA's citizen's arrest laws and assuming the father and son did announce they were making a citizen's arrest.  Now, if it comes out that GA doesn't allow certain things under the citizen's arrest that doesn't match the link I placed or the father and son didn't make it known that they were making a citizen's arrest, then that's a new ball game.  Believe me, I'm fine with them going to jail, but I think people are using "lynch" and "racist" just because it fits a narrative.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he should be afraid not cause hes black and they are white, but because he was burglarizing properties

But he wasn't stealing and you shouldn't make that statement without proof!!!

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

What did you want him to do, start crying? Fall to the ground with arms and legs splayed? You wanted that he should acquiesce to complete strangers? White men in the back of their pick up truck carrying rifles? One of them not in clear view of the runner? You all never heard of fight or flight??!! Some people run when they're afraid while others fight. Those men could've been serial killers or murderers. You automatically assign a good label to those men but to a stranger they are unfamiliar and scary. This is the same thing that happened with the Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin situation. Strangers approaching another stranger and expecting to get respect and to be seen as an authority figure? Why???

I would WANT him to NOT break the law.  If he didn't do that, the subsequent actions NEVER happen.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm assuming GA's citizen's arrest laws and assuming the father and son did announce they were making a citizen's arrest. 

A citizens arrest for what?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I would WANT him to NOT break the law.  If he didn't do that, the subsequent actions NEVER happen.

What law did he break?

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

• Determine whether the crime is a felony
    • We know the father was involved in law enforcement... he knows that trespassing is a felony.

I havent looked up Georgia statute, but Id be willing to bet a paycheck that trespassing is not a felony.  

If you noticed, I said in my post to MDC, I don't like that they killed him.  I think that was excessive.  I don't think they broke the law.  I'd like to see them in jail.  I think the best way to do that is to charge them with the most minor offense that requires prison, because I think if they push for murder, they're going to walk.  Legally, they did nothing wrong.  I say that based on some information known (we have video's and we know the rules of citizen's arrest), as well as assumed info.  I'm assuming GA's citizen's arrest laws and assuming the father and son did announce they were making a citizen's arrest.  Now, if it comes out that GA doesn't allow certain things under the citizen's arrest that doesn't match the link I placed or the father and son didn't make it known that they were making a citizen's arrest, then that's a new ball game.  Believe me, I'm fine with them going to jail, but I think people are using "lynch" and "racist" just because it fits a narrative.

so give them a slap on the wrist but make it look like you took it seriously? by having them let out of the courtroom in cuffs and making them serve 30 days or something. So that people won't think they got away with murder? This is the kind of sentencing that black people have come to expect. They should be in prison as long as the black guy remains dead. And the DA who didn't do anything about it because he was buddies with the father should be sitting right there next to them.

Newbie, you are invited to the cookout.

Invited to the Cookout is an expression used to describe the African American community, exclusively. However, the phrase is often used to describe an outsider who has shown themselves to be an ally of or friend to African Americans. The phrase has also been used to exclude members that have expressed opinions that are antithetical to the interests of the community.

Just now, peenie said:

A citizens arrest for what?

Just now, peenie said:

What law did he break?

Really?  At this point in time, you still think he was just jogging?  What, do you just watch CNN, MSNBC, or other main stream media news that says these two racists were lynching a black kid?  There's a video of Arbery trespassing and entering a property unlawfully.  Trespassing is a felony.  If you read my post just a few posts ago, it explains what a citizen's arrest is and if the father and son were within their rights to make one.

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I havent looked up Georgia statute, but Id be willing to bet a paycheck that trespassing is not a felony.  

I hope it's not.  I've heard from a few cops that in some states, trespassing is a felony.  Some have degrees and it's usually based on intent and circumstances.  I don't know what it is GA.  I think it was absurd to shoot him and I hope they go to jail, but I think if they pursue a murder charge, the two are going to get off.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

For what?  Peddling lib media talking points?  Obviously this isnt going to be a mensa cookout

Really?  At this point in time, you still think he was just jogging?  What, do you just watch CNN, MSNBC, or other main stream media news that says these two racists were lynching a black kid?  There's a video of Arbery trespassing and entering a property unlawfully.  Trespassing is a felony.  If you read my post just a few posts ago, it explains what a citizen's arrest is and if the father and son were within their rights to make one.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but wasn't this a home under construction, not a someone's residence?? You think shooting someone for walking around in an empty half built home is a crime worth carrying a gun and threatening someone with it. They stopped their car in the middle of the street and the gunman was in the street??? They too were breaking the law for that matter.

13 minutes ago, Masshole said:

This is a good point.   If Arbery looked like the lead singer from the Spin Doctors and did the same things and behaved the same way - would the end result be any different?     Just because he wasn't black, you think Cletus & Joe Bob aren't going to grab their guns and go after him if they saw him running from a construction site?     

RLLD nailed it;  "Two morons trying to capture some other moron = bad outcomes".    

Any time there are races involved in something bad, we've been conditioned to assign racism as a cause.    But doesn't stupidity make more sense than racism?     Does it always have to be because whitey hates the black man?    

Sadly, this has been extended to ignore bad behaviors/  And its actually cruel to the AA community to remove accountability, it might make some social justice warrior feel good for a day, but its sets people up for negative outcomes.

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

Why did you think I needed the definition? I speak jive 😛

12 minutes ago, peenie said:

But he wasn't stealing and you shouldn't make that statement without proof!!!

they have multiple videos of him in the property, that is burglary and trespassing.  I am not justifying what they did but that is the circumstance

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

Oh, he will go. And then he can tell other back people all about it. Even if they dont ask. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Trespassing is illegal.  There is a video of it.

So you mean you actually posted a video of that guy walking down the street, stops and sees it's a new home that is open, walks in and around the home for 3 minutes and then moves on with nothing in his hands and you think approaching him with guns was correct?

My fiancé and I on multiple occasions look in and around homes under construction because we were potential home buyers. If someone confronted us with guns, I cannot imagine the horror, shock and hurt I would feel.

You all are absolutely insane and hate black people. End of story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I speak jive 😛

Uninvited

Just now, peenie said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken but wasn't this a home under construction, not a someone's residence?? You think shooting someone for walking around in an empty half built home is a crime worth carrying a gun and threatening someone with it. They stopped their car in the middle of the street and the gunman was in the street??? They too were breaking the law for that matter.

Right, it's trespassing because the home is under construction.  Otherwise, it would be considered breaking in an entering.  No, I've mentioned it a number of times that I think it was excessive.  That said, laws/rules of a citizen's arrest appear to have been followed (again, see the post I made just last page).  If that's the case, then their actions were legit.  Again, I don't like it because I don't think something like this is worth killing someone over.  Also, as I said, if th prosecutors push for murder, these two are probably going to get off.  I want them to spend time in jail, but I think the max anyone can hope for is probably 1 to 2 years.  The problem is, the media is pushing hard on the racist/lynching angle, that democrats and minorities want a lifetime sentence and they're going to be thoroughly pissed off when in comparison, they're going to get a slap on the wrists.

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Everyone has a right to defend themselves.  The thing is, we can't hear the audio.  IF IF IF.... these guys are making a citizen's arrest and they told Arbery that they were making a citizen's arrest, it's important to know what laws/rules apply.

The requirements to make a Citizen's Arrest:

• Witness the crime take place
    • Apparently they did... they had the video.
  • Have probable cause or reasonable belief that the person committed a crime.
    • They do.  They know that Arbery didn't live there
  • Determine whether the crime is a felony
    • We know the father was involved in law enforcement... he knows that trespassing is a felony.
  • Decide whether its safe to make the arrest
    • I think it was safe.  Arbery was out in the open and didn't appear to have a weapon.
  • Fully understand the circumstances and the responsibility in making the arrest
    • Because the father was in law enforcement, I'd like to the think he knew those responsibilities.

To me, the father and son were perfectly within their legal rights to attempt a citizens arrest.  Here's where things get tricky.  If these two were within their rights, and it appears they were, they are allowed to use deadly force if "if the arresting citizen or witnesses are in immediate physical danger by the suspect", (see the link I provided).  Now, each state is different, but we'll see where Georgia stands on that.  So, if these guys were within their rights to make a citizens arrest and Arbery did try to attack them, is he actually "defending himself"?  I think that's where the dispute may come from.  I think he doesn't.  If it's found that the two were well within their rights to make the arrest, I hate it, but I think the two are within their rights to shoot him.  I'm not a lawyer though.  Personally, I think the use of excessive force is the way the prosecution should go and maybe involuntary manslaughter.  At this point, I think that's their only way of getting a conviction.  Legally, I don't think they're guilty of murder, just stupidity.

Do you have a link that backs up the claim have video of Arbery committing a burglary? Not doubting you I just haven’t seen that reported and honestly haven’t read a ton about this case.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

So you mean you actually posted a video of that guy walking down the street, stops and sees it's a new home that is open, walks in and around the home for 3 minutes and then moves on with nothing in his hands and you think approaching him with guns was correct?

My fiancé and I on multiple occasions look in and around homes under construction because we were potential home buyers. If someone confronted us with guns, I cannot imagine the horror, shock and hurt I would feel.

You all are absolutely insane and hate black people. End of story.

There's apparently evidence of him doing this more than once.  To me, that's not someone just looking around.

Just now, MDC said:

Do you have a link that backs up the claim have video of Arbery committing a burglary? Not doubting you I just haven’t seen that reported and honestly haven’t read a ton about this case.

I never said burglary, I said trespassing.

It is racist!! He was in there for 3 minutes and left with NOTHING IN HIS HANDS!!! He did not steal, it was an empty house that was being built, if it's a crime I'm sure he didn't know as I didn't know. And approach him with guns??????? Are you serious????

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

Oh, you're talking about the grillout?  🤔

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

It is racist!! He was in there for 3 minutes and left with NOTHING IN HIS HANDS!!! He did not steal, it was an empty house that was being built, if it's a crime I'm sure he didn't know as I didn't know. And approach him with guns??????? Are you serious????

Peenie, he wasnt there just once

He didn't try to enter the other residences. He was looking at the skeleton of a home being built. People do that everyday, all the time, everywhere.

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

Agree. Kids are dumb, they often do dumb things, these two clowns had no business trying to "arrest"" him or whatever for being dumb. And certainly no cause to kill him (unless of course he assaulted them) but even then if I am back in MY dumb kid days, I am not likely to let two rednecks just grab ME and put ME in their car....nuh-uhhhhh, I am fighting back on that.

So in the end, these two morons need to be put away.....

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Peenie, he wasnt there just once

I saw the other video and that wasn't him. He is dark skinned and the other person was light skinned. Sadly, wtf is with the black men walking around in that neighborhood??

Just now, peenie said:

He didn't try to enter the other residences. He was looking at the skeleton of a home being built. People do that everyday, all the time, everywhere.

lets say he was there just once (which he wasnt they have multiple videos and 911 calls prior to this time), for only 3 minutes, then show what he did the whole 3 minutes, I am not a conspiracy guy, but when the news is continually only showing a loop of maybe 5 seconds of him just standing there why?  Its to paint the narrative they want

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree. Kids are dumb, they often do dumb things, these two clowns had no business trying to "arrest"" him or whatever for being dumb. And certainly no cause to kill him (unless of course he assaulted them) but even then if I am back in MY dumb kid days, I am not likely to let two rednecks just grab ME and put ME in their car....nuh-uhhhhh, I am fighting back on that.

So in the end, these two morons need to be put away.....

Why are you calling him a kid? 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Why are you calling him a kid? 

Just checked.....WTF???   he was 20 years old?  Oh for christ sakes, I thought I overheard him as being younger.   Well, then, stupid guy rummaging through houses does not allow these two turds to attempt to essentially abduct him.  If he fought back I dont blame him.....these two guys might need a time out, for a decade or two

16 minutes ago, peenie said:

It is racist!! 

Is it?  Why? Is it even possible to have white on black crime based on sheer stupidity?