Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Rayshard Brooks says hold my 40.

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Did anyone ask what if he tased the cop...took his gun then shot him? What would we be saying?

The lefties would celebrate and say the cop got what he deserved.

36 minutes ago, peenie said:

HT, in Newark, NJ, guess what happened? Police officers were not allowed to chase stolen cars? Do you know why? Because it lead to too many fatalities of pedestrians and innocent people.

Sure, cars were still stolen, but lives were saved. It's not worth it to lose the trust of civilians over stuff like this. Those policemen were not in danger. They could've let him run off. They had his car and information.

I’m ok with any rule that the people want. Not chasing stolen cars? It wasn’t really allowed in NYC either. You had to go over the radio and inform the dispatcher you were pursuing, for anything , not just GLA .  Any supervisor could call it off at any time. And they did 99 pct of the time.  We were good with it. I thought it was a good policy. But you have to have the policy set beforehand, not changing it midstream or because of the political climate.  And that’s what’s happening now. Get the policy instituted and let’s go from there. But realize the ramifications. If the police killing black men is at the top of the list of what ails the black community, then they should be heard and get what they want. It’s their police department after all is said and done.  But you have to live with it. And you and I know who gets screwed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Did anyone ask what if he tased the cop...took his gun then shot him? What would we be saying?

I asked that as well. Obviously the black dude couldn't be taken down by 2 cops, can you image what he would do if one was immobilized and a weapon ready to be taken.

The world is a better place without that dude in it. Those two cops are heroes. :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I care about black murderers and thieves as well as white murderers and thieves. Crazy, right?

Oh, I see. So now All Lives Matter. You finally made a smart comment. How many years did that take you?  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The guy didn't grab the taser and attack the cops. He fled.  He was trying to get away. The cops knew who he was. Had his name. Address. And his vehicle.  They should have just let him run away and go arrest him the next day. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the police killing black men is at the top of the list of what ails the black community, then they should be heard and get what they want. It’s their police department after all is said and done.  But you have to live with it. And you and I know who gets screwed. 

When there is a problem, we depend on police officers. We cannot ever forget that the police protect us and help us. I certainly don't want the police to leave and then we're left to fend for ourselves against the criminal element.

I think the unemployment ails the black community. More jobs, less crime.

Fatherless children ails the black community. More jobs, more marriages and stable families.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

When there is a problem, we depend on police officers. We cannot ever forget that the police protect us and help us. I certainly don't want the police to leave and then we're left to fend for ourselves against the criminal element.

Fatherless children ails the black community. More jobs, more marriages and stable families.

Went to Target today.  They're hiring at $13/hour.  Not great but not bad if you don't have any skills.  Certainly enough to get by on while you learn a skill.  Why aren't black people lining up for that job? 

1 minute ago, peenie said:

We agree.  I also think it’s important that when people come home from work it’s to a calm environment.   Not ten nuckleheads sipping 40’s and smoking blunts in front of their apartment building.  Call me nuts but someone has to take care of that stuff and asking nice don’t work.  

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Went to Target today.  They're hiring at $13/hour.  Not great but not bad if you don't have any skills.  Certainly enough to get by on while you learn a skill.  Why aren't black people lining up for that job? 

Where I live those jobs are filled mostly by black folks and people of color.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We agree.  I also think it’s important that when people come home from work it’s to a calm environment.   Not ten nuckleheads sipping 40’s and smoking blunts in front of their apartment building.  Call me nuts but someone has to take care of that stuff and asking nice don’t work.  

HT, you ain't said nuthin' but a word. Amen, amen.

Ain't said nothing but a word

A statement used to agree with something another person said. Can be used in a similar fashion as "yes" but is most often used to affirm an opinion or belief someone else has stated.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

Bingo.  If this is truly what you believe deep down, vote Trump.  

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Bingo.  If this is truly what you believe deep down, vote Trump.  

But.....Trump supports white supremacists!!!!

• Haha 2

My instincts are blinking red about this guy. He was fighting more than a DUI charge. I can feel it. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My instincts are blinking red about this guy. He was fighting more than a DUI charge. I can feel it. 

He had just been released  6 years ago from prison. Also had an arrest when he was 8 years old. Forget the other details. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those same instincts that immediately felt something was sketchy about Ahmed Arbery and George Floyd.  Those instincts are called racism. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Those same instincts that immediately felt something was sketchy about Ahmed Arbery and George Floyd.  Those instincts are called racism. 

I said I thought there was a mental health issue. Still do. What are you referring to? Nothing. Just making stuff up again. Liar. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

The guy didn't grab the taser and attack the cops. He fled.  He was trying to get away. The cops knew who he was. Had his name. Address. And his vehicle.  They should have just let him run away and go arrest him the next day. 

But he was being put under arrest. You don’t  get to “flee”. What’s to say he would’ve complied  the next day? They’re cops. I just moved to Chicago a few months ago. Holy Shiot. 7 cops on each block. Some look like a holes but I’m not going to f with them and I’m a 40 yr old white nerd

11 hours ago, The Observer said:

How about this..."Do you have anyone you can call and get you home? Come and get your car tomorrow?"

Boom! Done. Situation diffused. No deaths. No fired cops. 

How bout this... 

Don't freak out and grab the cops tazer and try to shoot him with it.

The situation got escalated all right. But not by the cops. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

How bout this... 

Don't freak out and grab the cops tazer and try to shoot him with it.

The situation got escalated all right. But not by the cops. 

Titans, what you are failing to understand is that police officers all across this country arrest people who fight them, shoot at them, grab their tasers, speed sometimes 20 miles down the highway and yet are arrested without incident. What seems to be a pattern, is that black men who are aggressive, not aggressive, fleeing or even complying get shot and sometimes killed. How many times does that have to be shown in video or explained???

Police arrested a man after he allegedly took one officer's Taser and threatened officers and hospital security personnel with it.

Wichita Falls police arrested Heath Hansen, 38.

Link

A 22-year-old is behind bars after exchanging gunfire with two Spalding County deputies outside a home Tuesday evening, authorities said. 

According to the sheriff’s office, deputies James Prue and James Dildy were shot at while responding to a domestic call in the 100 block of King Richard Drive about 11:45 p.m. 

Link

Police officers are not superhuman or bots, but they should not shoot someone out of frustration, or kneel on someone's neck in order to demonstrate authority. Police officers should give a citizen a notification that they should drop their weapon, not just shoot them because they are holding a gun especially in a state that allows a person to carry one openly.

Nice story outlining what a giant POS Rayshard Brooks was. The world is a better place with him dead. :thumbsup:

I have to say that I disagree with the shooting of the criminal in this instance.

The justification that if he stunned the office he could take his weapon makes no sense to me since there was a backup guy there who could protect him.

I do not see this one as justified.  They had the ability to still detain him without shooting.

Just now, BiffTannen said:

Nice story outlining what a giant POS Rayshard Brooks was. The world is a better place with him dead. :thumbsup:

I am not clicking on this link because it is irrelevant to what happened to him and does not excuse the policeman's behavior on that night.

Do you know that a prostitute can be raped? Imagine if a prostitute walking to her car is ambushed and raped and the police or a jury say, "Well, you give up sex freely for money so you deserve what happened to you."

That's wrong BiffT

12 minutes ago, peenie said:

I am not clicking on this link because it is irrelevant to what happened to him and does not excuse the policeman's behavior on that night.

Do you know that a prostitute can be raped? Imagine if a prostitute walking to her car is ambushed and raped and the police or a jury say, "Well, you give up sex freely for money so you deserve what happened to you."

That's wrong BiffT

:lol:

Comparing Raytard Brooks to a prostitute is insulting to the prostitute. Read up on this POS's crimes before you come in with another one of your dumb counters. I can't stress enough how glad I am that he is dead and it's defenders like you that make me excited for the next one to go down. 

33 minutes ago, peenie said:

Titans, what you are failing to understand is that police officers all across this country arrest people who fight them, shoot at them, grab their tasers, speed sometimes 20 miles down the highway and yet are arrested without incident. What seems to be a pattern, is that black men who are aggressive, not aggressive, fleeing or even complying get shot and sometimes killed. How many times does that have to be shown in video or explained???

Link

Link

Police officers are not superhuman or bots, but they should not shoot someone out of frustration, or kneel on someone's neck in order to demonstrate authority. Police officers should give a citizen a notification that they should drop their weapon, not just shoot them because they are holding a gun especially in a state that allows a person to carry one openly.

Stop comparing apples to oranges.  The SCOTUS has established that  rhe reasonableness of police use of force is based on info known to that particular officer at that particular time.  im so tired of hearing the "they took Dylan Roof to Burger King" type nonsense. Each situation is judged individually on its own merit. No comparisons allowed. And with black men having more police interaction, can you imagine the tens of thousands of black men taken into custody without incident?  Please watch and see that black men who actually murder cops are taken in alive.

39 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

:lol:

Comparing Raytard Brooks to a prostitute is insulting to the prostitute.

I laughed.

I'm still not reading about his past.

37 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Stop comparing apples to oranges.  The SCOTUS has established that  rhe reasonableness of police use of force is based on info known to that particular officer at that particular time.  im so tired of hearing the "they took Dylan Roof to Burger King" type nonsense. Each situation is judged individually on its own merit. No comparisons allowed. And with black men having more police interaction, can you imagine the tens of thousands of black men taken into custody without incident?  Please watch and see that black men who actually murder cops are taken in alive.

FireB, I cannot assault my brain with any video of a shooting, but I skimmed through quickly. I'm not saying all police officers. I'm just saying, there needs to be better protocols, so police officers are not just shooting based off of their own adrenaline or frustration. Do you think I don't know about all the idiots out here??? I lived in the ghetto!! You don't have to tell me! I told you I respect the police. I'm just saying, changes can be made to help improve the interactions between police and citizens. You are afraid of change. Improvement or modification does not police officers suck. It just means, there are deaths and they need to be reduced. I already know black folks commit crimes and encounter the police way too much. I get it. I know black men are ridiculously violent. Still, officers need to be able to interact with the rest of us without incident. I don't want to be shot. I don't want my family and friends to be shot. I don't want your family and friends to be shot. We need to reduce the police shootings.

And we need to reduce black on black/black crime and black on everybody else crime as well so police don't see black men as threat.

43 minutes ago, peenie said:

I laughed.

I'm still not reading about his past.

Concur.

He may be a complete dirtbag, that does not mean we shoot the guy.

Hard to justify the shooting, maybe one could suggest that at that point his violence could have been a threat to others.  Maybe.....

Just now, RLLD said:

Concur.

Hard to justify the shooting, maybe one could suggest that at that point his violence could have been a threat to others.  Maybe.....

It’s not hard at all. That’s what she said. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Concur.

This sums it up perfectly with law and everything 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Link

Link

Nah. Screw that. You attack two armed cops with one of their weapons, I don't give a damn if you get shot. Black or white. Makes no difference. Saved the taxpayers the expense or trying and incarcerating the dumb piece of sh!t.

Any black person who says they go around in fear because of the cops is a liar or a fool. They should be in fear... Of their own, who kill them at a VASTLY higher rate than the cops do.

But as usual, that would involve taking responsibility, and the black community sure as sh!t isn't going to have that.

Yes, there have been some bad shoots. That is going to happen. The kid with the toy gun, for example, was tragic. George floyd was inexcusable. The one in Baltimore who died in the truck was bad.

But others? The guy in Ferguson? The one here? Fock em. You reach for a cops weapons, your probably gonna die or get a beat down. And I'm fine with that.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, peenie said:

But.....Trump supports white supremacists!!!!

No he does not. Democrats own all of America's racist past and present...why do you think they want it deleted from history? They think you're too stupid to remember.  

Are you ?

3 hours ago, peenie said:

That's wrong BiffT

It is relevant. It explains why he struggled. Why he ran. Why they often run or resist. 

The narrative has been he was drunk so he was making bad decisions. Or that he was scared so he made a bad decision. We hear all the time about "the talk." Yet we see all the time behavior that doesnt go with "the talk" at all. That behavior is always explained as fear of getting killed or some other factor. When in reality it is often because they have priors and they know they are going to jail. It isnt irrational decision making because they fear for their life. It is rational because they dont want to go to jail. 

Police officers know this. They know that when somebody inexplicably puts up a massive fight to avoid being arrested for a petty crime that there is often a reason for it that involves a warrant or a previous crime. When they try to pull somebody over for a minor traffic offense and that car drives away at 85 mikes an hour they arent saying to themselves "oh yeah!!! I need to nail this guy that rolled through a stop sign!" They are wondering why the hell the guy is driving like a maniac to avoid a minor traffic ticket. 

So the officer in the Wendy's parking lot knows that this man committed a dui. He knows he is a liar. He knows he is violent and he knows he is a thief. These are facts. Then on top of that he has a massive suspicion that this guy is fleeing for a reason that probably has to do with a previous crime that may still be open and that crime could very well be very violent.

And the expectation is that even after all of that we need the officer to act in a manner that assumes every single one of those things is perfectly explainable and rooted in non violent behavior that poses no greater risk to the officers or society than a guy that is scared and running and the officer needs to conclude he could easily be apprehended in another manner with ease. 

Yeah. Thats really effing stupid. 

That officer's real time calculation turned out to be incorrect. I have no problem admitting that, but it wasnt unreasonable in real time and when we are discussing punishment for officers that should be the standard. 

The floyd murder wasnt reasonable behavior. The guy shot handcuffed in a police cruiser a while ago wasnt reasonable. Plenty of other situations arent reasonable and need to be punished. But this one doesnt fit that bill. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not hard at all. That’s what she said. 

I laughed.

• Thanks 1

I have seen the show COPS and those police officers tackle guys all the time. They didn't need to pull out a gun to subdue an unarmed man. Yes, a taser is a weapon but it's not a deadly weapon. I don't want the police to use a bullet to subdue suspect, that's not their job man!! Just because you feel negatively about certain types of people does not mean they deserve to die. Just because you are callous about certain types of people does not mean we need to look the other way or find justification for the wrong decision of this police officer or all the others.

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Nah. Screw that. You attack two armed cops with one of their weapons, I don't give a damn if you get shot. Black or white. Makes no difference. Saved the taxpayers the expense or trying and incarcerating the dumb piece of sh!t.

Any black person who says they go around in fear because of the cops is a liar or a fool. They should be in fear... Of their own, who kill them at a VASTLY higher rate than the cops do.

But as usual, that would involve taking responsibility, and the black community sure as sh!t isn't going to have that.

Yes, there have been some bad shoots. That is going to happen. The kid with the toy gun, for example, was tragic. George floyd was inexcusable. The one in Baltimore who died in the truck was bad.

But others? The guy in Ferguson? The one here? Fock em. You reach for a cops weapons, your probably gonna die or get a beat down. And I'm fine with that.

You know what? I'm tired of arguing. I am a normal person, who works (not teleworks) and I follow the rules and I obey the law and I respect police officers. YET, you all do not see how my life is endangered if these types of incidents aren't controlled. I'm tired of all of your wrath being vomited all over me! I don't need this aggravation and I'm not standing for it. Argue with Newbie.

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

You know what? I'm tired of arguing. I am a normal person, who works (not teleworks) and I follow the rules and I obey the law and I respect police officers. YET, you all do not see how my life is endangered if these types of incidents aren't controlled. I'm tired of all of your wrath being vomited all over me! I don't need this aggravation and I'm not standing for it. Argue with Newbie.

I think your perspective actually carries weight even if we may disagree sometimes.  If this is a problem between the police and the black community then that’s who I want to hear from.  Not white guilt trip liberals who think the black community hates the police. We both know the truth. They don’t have to live with the ramifications for what they advocate for. 

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

Peenie, you are vastly more at risk by this POS who is dead (who lived in your city) than any cop, EVER

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, peenie said:

YET, you all do not see how my life is endangered if these types of incidents aren't controlled. 

What facts is this statement based on?  

29 minutes ago, peenie said:

, you all do not see how my life is endangered if these types of incidents aren't controlled.

Peenie,

Are you more comfortable being pulled over by a white cop or a cop of color?  If you answered cop of color, I have to ask why.  Because the cop of color is more likely to kill you.   If you answered a white cop there is nothing to discuss as you've made a reasonable judgment based upon data.  I look forward to your stammering, trying to justify cops in general being racist despite the facts showing otherwise.