Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Rayshard Brooks says hold my 40.

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

just a few thoughts..that was the longest light eye test I have ever seen.  I have had 4 field sobriety tests, passed all, and have done that test each time.  He did not do the other tests exact, yet never looked very drunk to me.  Did they say what he blew?  

It looked like .108 to me.  Either way, they were just going to take him in for a real BAC test.  If he was sober, having drank only ONE Margarita/Daquiri/TopShelf, why did he resist? 

14 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

just a few thoughts..that was the longest light eye test I have ever seen.  I have had 4 field sobriety tests, passed all, and have done that test each time.  He did not do the other tests exact, yet never looked very drunk to me.  Did they say what he blew?  

Do you live in Georgia? 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

In honor of Rayshard I'm going to have a Margarita.  Not a big one, just one in a small cup.  Or it might be a Daquiri.  Or some top shelf.  I'm really not sure.

🤣:doh:

2 hours ago, Strike said:

It looked like .108 to me.  Either way, they were just going to take him in for a real BAC test.  If he was sober, having drank only ONE Margarita/Daquiri/TopShelf, why did he resist? 

yeah, don't know.  I'm not saying he is innocent, he did resist, but they were talking to him a long time, and he just never seemed quite drunk.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

No

Well every state does things a little different.  Liberals- making those around them dumber since the 1960’s. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well every state does things a little different.  Liberals- making those around them dumber since the 1960’s. 

whatever HT

5 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

LiveLeak video

Golf cart cops pull over white group, act civilized, get ticket.

Pull over black group, and let's just say it goes how you would expect. 

Which group looks like they had "the talk" ? 

43 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

yeah, don't know.  I'm not saying he is innocent, he did resist, but they were talking to him a long time, and he just never seemed quite drunk.  

What's your criteria?  That he wasn't falling over and slurring his words?  Because I can tell you that from the cop's perspective the following would be indications:

-  Falling asleep in the drive through of a Wendy's.  Or are you denying this happened?

- He literally didn't know where he was.  He wasn't even in the COUNTY he thought he was in. 

- He kept changing his story of what and how much he had to drink.

That's just from my memory.  I'm sure there is more if I went back and watched the video.

There is a rule anyone in the criminal justice system will tell you.  Don't talk to cops.  They aren't looking for a reason to let you go.  They're looking for evidence that you broke the law.   So, the above, along with him failing both a field sobriety test and a  field breathalyzer test, were more than enough reason for them to take him in.  Note that being taken in doesn't mean you're legally drunk.  I've been taken in when I knew I wasn't drunk but I can't pass a field sobriety test for the life of me.  Just not coordinated. I don't think they should be legal but that's another topic that has nothing to do with race.  I took a breathalyzer at the police station and they promptly drove me back to my car.   In any case, they had more than adequate probable cause to take him in.  He created the dangerous situation and, as usually happens when you do that with the cops, you're probably going to come out on the losing end of that dangerous situation.  It's unfortunate but I refuse the blame the cops when he created the situation.  They risk their lives with every encounter they have with the public to keep us safe.  

5 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

LiveLeak video

Golf cart cops pull over white group, act civilized, get ticket.

Pull over black group, and let's just say it goes how you would expect. 

Animals.  Chaos and incivility. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

There is a rule anyone in the criminal justice system will tell you.  Don't talk to cops.

My father, a marine and STAUNCH Republican, told me these exact words when I started going out on my own.  He said to never ever talk to the cops.  Keep your mouth shut, and if they take you in for not saying anything, you will be better off in the long run.  Let your lawyer do the talking.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

What's your criteria?  That he wasn't falling over and slurring his words?  Because I can tell you that from the cop's perspective the following would be indications:

-  Falling asleep in the drive through of a Wendy's.  Or are you denying this happened?

- He literally didn't know where he was.  He wasn't even in the COUNTY he thought he was in. 

That's just from my memory.  I'm sure there is more if I went back and watched the video.

There is a rule anyone in the criminal justice system will tell you.  Don't talk to cops.  They aren't looking for a reason to let you go.  They're looking for evidence that you broke the law.   So, the above, along with him failing both a field sobriety test and a  field breathalyzer test, were more than enough reason for them to take him in.  Note that being taken in doesn't mean you're legally drunk.  I've been taken in when I knew I wasn't drunk but I can't pass a field sobriety test for the life of me.  Just not coordinated. I don't think they should be legal but that's another topic that has nothing to do with race.  I took a breathalyzer at the police station and they promptly drove me back to my car.   In any case, they had more than adequate probable cause to take him in.  He created the dangerous situation and, as usually happens when you do that with the cops, you're probably going to come out on the losing end of that dangerous situation.  It's unfortunate but I refuse the blame the cops when he created the situation.  They risk their lives with every encounter they have with the public to keep us safe.  

Im not arguing with any of your points..just some thoughts as I watched the vid, criteria was my eye test.  I did skip thru a bit.

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

You mentioned "don't talk to cops", did you say a word to them when they pulled you over, or did you just shake your head and do that they said to do? So maybe they ask you, where are you headed or whatever they do in that situation? Did you just shake your head? Just curious.

What would you have done in my situation?

I once had police come to my door and ask me why I was parked for a bit in a different part of my apartment parking lot. One of the cops was hiding around the corner of a wall next to my door that I noticed, and the guy talking to me was simply an assh0le. It was my apartment complex and I could park anywhere I wanted, but someone for some reason saw me talking on my phone parked in front of their apartment, which is what happens in that complex as it's all open parking, called 911 on me. I told the cops what I was doing there, that I got a call and didn't want to drive while talking on the phone. Hell, I've been living in that complex for 3 years. I drove over to the apartment main office because I needed to show proof of property insurance at the time, then got back in my car, and got a call. And that cop asked me 50 times the same question over and over.  

They wouldn't let up until I told them, ok, that's all I got, now what's the procedure? And they left. I'm just a normal dude with no police history. 

Same fvcking state earlier I got pulled over by a cop for talking on a cell phone while driving, which I hardly ever do, and he was total dlck even though he didn't ticket me. I was new to that state at the time and didn't realize the law about that. I wouldn't have bltched about a ticket if I got one.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. But I have never, attacked a cop or even come close to threatening one. And I'm alive and well. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Old School said:

Autopsy cites cause of death as homicide.

He got shot by the cops, obviously it's a homicide.

Legally, it's a justifiable homicide.

41 minutes ago, Old School said:

Autopsy cites cause of death as homicide.

I’ve explained a million times around here. Homicide is a medical term. Murder/manslaughter is the legal term. All homicide means is caused by another person. 

12 hours ago, The Observer said:

Well a second officer was just fired.   So it's been acknowledged to have been severely mishandled .

That’s not true. Why did you say this? It wasn’t reported anywhere. You continue to make things up that are complete BS. Pathetic. 

Why would the second officer even be fired?  Was he supposed to jump in front of the bullet?

Seeing the whole video... if these guys are fired and tried in court for murder, I fully support all police officers resigning.

• Thanks 1

The funny thing is, while the family is sure to get a payout , now the cop will too. Nice work Miss Mayor. They still burned the place down, but now it’s going to cost the city even more and you have an already pissed off police department even more pissed. But that anger won’t lead to more peace, but less when the cops stop going after bad guys. Well played.  

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The funny thing is, while the family is sure to get a payout , now the cop will too. Nice work Miss Mayor. They still burned the place down, but now it’s going to cost the city even more and you have an already pissed off police department even more pissed. But that anger won’t lead to more peace, but less when the cops stop going after bad guys. Well played.  

Maybe, just maybe, some cops in the future will decide not to escalate a situation where they have a guy sleeping in his car into a dead person.  

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Maybe, just maybe, some cops in the future will decide not to escalate a situation where they have a guy sleeping in his car into a dead person.  

Right. They will let the dude just run or they won't respond in the first place. Then when all of the criminals start going nuts, then the police can just say, "well that is what you wanted". 

It is happening in Seattle in CHAZ. They call the cops and the cops say "you guys are autonomous, so you deal with it." 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sleeping? Going with that one I see. You’re very dishonest. The guy wasn’t sleeping, he was passed out from being wasted. You don’t have to embellish (lie) when the truth is on your side. 

21 hours ago, The Observer said:

Well a second officer was just fired.   So it's been acknowledged to have been severely mishandled .

Like here. Another Newbie lie.  But like libtards do, they run away from their own words. Coward. 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Right. They will let the dude just run or they won't respond in the first place. Then when all of the criminals start going nuts, then the police can just say, "well that is what you wanted". 

It is happening in Seattle in CHAZ. They call the cops and the cops say "you guys are autonomous, so you deal with it." 

Nope. They could have let him call someone for a ride home. He was sleeping in a car. Threatening no one. Sat calmly and cooperated for 45 minutes. Run his plate. See that he gets home. Deescalate. Instead, two officers out of a job and a dead man. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Nope. They could have let him call someone for a ride home. He was sleeping in a car. Threatening no one. Sat calmly and cooperated for 45 minutes. Run his plate. See that he gets home. Deescalate. Instead, two officers out of a job and a dead man. 

He admitted, on tape, to drinking. Why are you so angry that you repeat easily provable lies? 

12 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You are such an idiot. He broke the law for DUI so they tried to cuff him and then he was the one who escalated it.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yeah, that works great when they let someone who is driving while intoxicated just "go home". That is what used to happen, but then those fockers would get behind the wheel of another car and kill someone. Then everyone screamed that the police were too soft on criminals and wanted "reform". Talk to MADD and see how your suggestion goes over. 

BTW - the 2nd cop is on paid admin leave which is standard when there is a shooting. But why let facts get in the way of a good story?

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You are such an idiot. He broke the law for DUI so they tried to cuff him and then he was the one who escalated it.

Newbie is lying. Because he’s a liar, and proves it time and again. I think he’s up to four lies  in this thread alone. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He admitted, on tape, to drinking. Why are you so angry that you repeat easily provable lies? 

I know he was drinking. Where did I say he wasn't?  Still should have seen that the guy got home. No need to arrest.  And when he fled, they could have easily arrested him the next day.  They had his name. address, vehicle...  It was just all unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He was sleeping in a car. Threatening no one.

Wrong.

He was so intoxicated that he passed out. So he was a threat to both motorists and pedestrians while he drove to Wendy's and would have been a threat to them again as he drove home.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Newbie is lying. Because he’s a liar, and proves it time and again. I think he’s up to four lies  in this thread alone. 

I'm lying?  Having an opinion that the cops handled iot poorly is not lying, retard. 

Just now, MyLittleMan said:

Wrong.

He was so intoxicated that he passed out. So he was a threat to both motorists and pedestrians while he drove to Wendy's and would have been a threat to them again as he drove home.

They should not have let him drive home. I never said that.

The whole “drive him home thing”. Yeah, there’s no liabilities with that. Ill informed idiots like Newbies playing in the adult world would be funny if they weren’t able to vote. 

I know he was drinking. Where did I say he wasn't?  Still should have seen that the guy got home. No need to arrest.  And when he fled, they could have easily arrested him the next day.  They had his name. address, vehicle...  It was just all unnecessary. 

And when do they perform the test? And yeah, we can spend more police time and energy tracking these guys down when they don’t show up. You’re a clown. A childish clown with fairy tale answers to real problems. Grow up. 

The whole “drive him home thing”. Yeah, there’s no liabilities with that. Ill informed idiots like Newbies playing in the adult world would be funny if they weren’t able to vote. 

How about this..."Do you have anyone you can call and get you home? Come and get your car tomorrow?"

Boom! Done. Situation diffused. No deaths. No fired cops. 

And when do they perform the test? And yeah, we can spend more police time and energy tracking these guys down when they don’t show up. You’re a clown. A childish clown with fairy tale answers to real problems. Grow up. 

And you're an ex-cop who has the brethren mentality and are too focking stupid to recognize a tiny, harmless situation unnecessarily escalated to a death

They should not have let him drive home. I never said that.

Great. So when an emergency call comes in a real victim gets to wait because the police taxi service is out driving a criminal home. Clown 

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How about this..."Do you have anyone you can call and get you home? Come and get your car tomorrow?"

Boom! Done. Situation diffused. No deaths. No fired cops. 

Cool. How long until they get there? We have all night. Take your time. Sorry I couldn’t get to that car accident with serious, possibly fatal injuries, I’m down at Wendy’s waiting for someone to get out of bed and get this drunk guy.