Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Mail in voting and covid fear mongering

Recommended Posts

coincidence? 

Who here supports mail in voting and do you justify your support because of covid ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump has been railing against vote by mail for the past few months – falsely citing the potential for voter fraud, which is extremely rare. As it turns out, the president himself bungled the system.

Trump registered to vote in Florida last September under his White House address – 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, according to the Washington Post. But Florida does not allow people to register to vote without an in-state address, and one month later, Trump resubmitted his application with a Florida address and voted in the Republican primary.

On his registration form, Trump told Florida officials his legal residence was in Washington DC but on another day also said he was a “bona fide resident” of Palm Beach, Florida, home to his Mar-a-Lago Club, according to the public records reviewed by the Post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/03/donald-trump-vote-by-mail-fraud-florida

Trump’s votes by mail in at least three elections including this one, this year. His campaign website directs voters to vote by mail applications.

:doh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was done right I would support it. Needs a cheap fingerprint kit. Without that no. Never understood why we fingerprinted Iraqis but we can't have it. Even in person, a fingerprint scanner is dirt cheap. It would also help catch a big chunk of criminals. Dead beat dads, warrants, no telling what else.

What is going to be funny is when it's a mail in in a Democrat race and one of them starts calling fraud. That actually already happened a few weeks ago and it was indeed fraud. Few of them are going to jail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

TDS is real. See MDC...

And no matter how many stories of below still no voter fraud, not enough to matter even though races are tight...meh:

 

A Pendleton County mail carrier has admitted to federal charges in which he changed party affiliation on absentee voter requests for the state’s primary election.

Thomas Cooper, 47, of Dry Fork, pleaded guilty Thursday to single counts of injury to the mail and attempt to defraud the residents of West Virginia of a fair election.

 

I could post pages of this going on but still nope. NOT REAL!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By any means necessary......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideal rules for voting:

1. Must be born in the United States to 2 parents that are legal citizens. (No foreign born voters ever)

2. Must show up to your polling station with 2 forms of picture ID to vote

3. Straight white male votes count as 1 - all other votes count as 0.5

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, drobeski said:

coincidence? 

Who here supports mail in voting and do you justify your support because of covid ?

These two do!

Quote

 

Lara Trump And Donald Trump Jr. Encouraged Californians To Vote By Mail In May

Robocalls from the Republican National Convention recorded by Lara Trump and Donald Trump Jr. encouraged Californians to vote by mail for Mike Garcia in a special election in May for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives

Nancy Pelosi and liberal Democrats are counting on you to sit on the sidelines this election, but you can prove them wrong,” said Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law, in the robocall. “You can safely and securely vote for Mike Garcia by returning your mail-in ballot by May 12.”

In another call, Trump's son Don Jr. said, “Don’t let us down—remember to return your ballot now. Make your vote count for Republican Mike Garcia and get it in the mail by Tuesday, May 12.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Ideal rules for voting:

1. Must be born in the United States to 2 parents that are legal citizens. (No foreign born voters ever)

2. Must show up to your polling station with 2 forms of picture ID to vote

3. Straight white male votes count as 1 - all other votes count as 0.5

4) Must be able to pass the US citizenship test questions or something like it.   

Would it be so wrong to limit voting to only those who could show a very basic, minimal understanding of this country's political structure and history?   If you did that, do you think there would be another democrat elected anywhere?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

 

That election was not 100% vote by mail. That was for early voting. What Democrats are talking about is 100% vote by mail. Not the same thing. Not even close.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

That election was not 100% vote by mail. That was for early voting. What Democrats are talking about is 100% vote by mail. Not the same thing. Not even close.

 

 

I swear I left those goalposts right here, where'd they go?  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Masshole said:

4) Must be able to pass the US citizenship test questions or something like it.   

Would it be so wrong to limit voting to only those who could show a very basic, minimal understanding of this country's political structure and history?   If you did that, do you think there would be another democrat elected anywhere?  

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MDC said:

 

 

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

 

Any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending mass ballots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fireballer said:

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

Can you lay out the difference between double barrel buckshot and a well aimed bullet. I will try and help you; one makes a fvcking mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Masshole said:

4) Must be able to pass the US citizenship test questions or something like it.   

Would it be so wrong to limit voting to only those who could show a very basic, minimal understanding of this country's political structure and history?   If you did that, do you think there would be another democrat elected anywhere?  

5) Must not be on Welfare or any type of public assistance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

No. Could you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I swear I left those goalposts right here, where'd they go?  🤣

It wasn't even the old extra point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

Absentee voters must apply at the courthouse or some other government facility while mail in ballots are sent out in mass to the households in the district. It is a huge difference. Anyone could get them, vote, and sign them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

 

They actually didn't support mail-in voting.  They're simply telling people that if you are not going to vote in person, to make sure you mail in your ballot and do it on time.

 

Also, I am perfectly fine with mail-in ballots if you can't get to the polling location at the time because it's usually a small amount of people and must be applied for.  When it's in large mass like this, without oversight, I don't trust it.  Too many hands in the pot make the pot go crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd have to be a massive focking retard to compare what is being proposed with mass mail in voting to absentee voting but, this is the GC, and that's where we are these days. Our friends here on the left are that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

5) Must not be on Welfare or any type of public assistance.

I used to think that way, but I changed my mind.  Every U.S. citizen, has the right to vote.  Period.  There are people who legitimately need welfare.  I have no problem with helping those people out.  I have a problem with taking away their rights, just because they're in bad situation.  What I have a problem with is the people who abuse the situation.  If you can come up with a way to separate the two, then I'm ok with them losing that right.  That said, if you can figure out who is abusing the system, then just not allow them to abuse it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I used to think that way, but I changed my mind.  Every U.S. citizen, has the right to vote.  Period.  There are people who legitimately need welfare.  I have no problem with helping those people out.  I have a problem with taking away their rights, just because they're in bad situation.  What I have a problem with is the people who abuse the situation.  If you can come up with a way to separate the two, then I'm ok with them losing that right.  That said, if you can figure out who is abusing the system, then just not allow them to abuse it.

All single working mothers on welfare. No voting for them or the baby daddy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

All single working mothers on welfare. No voting for them or the baby daddy. 

I'm actually ok with fathers who owe child support losing their voting rights.  But I'm not in favor of any across the board policies for welfare recipients.  Some of those people need it, and it's generally temporary.

I think that every woman who goes in for welfare must supply a blood test (for a DNA sample), for themselves and the baby.  They should be forced to supply the fathers name and a blood sample must be supplied.  If paternity isn't established (the DNA from the 'named father' must be destroyed), then no welfare.  If you're a , then deal with it.

For others looking for welfare, there should be qualifications.   I think employment should be a must as well, unless physically unable.  The way it is now, if you have a job, you have virtually no chance of welfare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They actually didn't support mail-in voting.  They're simply telling people that if you are not going to vote in person, to make sure you mail in your ballot and do it on time.

 

Also, I am perfectly fine with mail-in ballots if you can't get to the polling location at the time because it's usually a small amount of people and must be applied for.  When it's in large mass like this, without oversight, I don't trust it.  Too many hands in the pot make the pot go crazy.

Honcho and Herbie read what they want, not what is. Delusional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MDC said:

No. Could you?

You must not know then, that in order to get a mail in ballot, a.k.a an "Absentee Ballot", you must apply for one and give a reason why you will not be able to vote in person.  Anyone who is getting one, it's why we know Trump has done it, is because it is recorded.  You physically, in-person, have to do this.  Now, I will support all mail in balloting if people have to file for an absentee ballot, but I'm not in favor of every household getting ballots mailed to them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Reality said:

You'd have to be a massive focking retard to compare what is being proposed with mass mail in voting to absentee voting but, this is the GC, and that's where we are these days. Our friends here on the left are that stupid.

MDC? Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You must not know then, that in order to get a mail in ballot, a.k.a an "Absentee Ballot", you must apply for one and give a reason why you will not be able to vote in person.  Anyone who is getting one, it's why we know Trump has done it, is because it is recorded.  You physically, in-person, have to do this.  Now, I will support all mail in balloting if people have to file for an absentee ballot, but I'm not in favor of every household getting ballots mailed to them.

Thank you!  The idiots see "mail" in regards to a ballot and think a ballot magically shows up at Trumps house.  😂😂😂😂  I have no problem with anyone receiving a single ballot after requesting it and returning it via mail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict a record setting number of people who died from COVID yet still sent a mail in vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thank you!  The idiots see "mail" in regards to a ballot and think a ballot magically shows up at Trumps house.  😂😂😂😂  I have no problem with anyone receiving a single ballot after requesting it and returning it via mail.  

In his defense, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know.  I know tons of people on both sides of the aisle that didn't realize the difference.  Once you explain to them the process, most don't like it.  Of course, the ones who do are Democrats, but even not all of them are really in favor of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I predict a record setting number of people who died from COVID yet still sent a mail in vote.

I'll predict a record amount of people voting, who never voted before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll also predict this... if Trump wins with 100% mail in ballots, the Democrats will push for in-person voting in November 2021.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thank you!  The idiots see "mail" in regards to a ballot and think a ballot magically shows up at Trumps house.  😂😂😂😂  I have no problem with anyone receiving a single ballot after requesting it and returning it via mail.  

It's also wasteful because a good percentage of them will be thrown away and miss the target or there was not a target to hit. This coming from a party who runs on the planet is dying. Congrats. You just played yourself. Killed acres of trees and 100's of gallons of ink. Wasteful as hell.  They just had to toss out over 100K thousands of them in CA due to this stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In his defense, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know.  I know tons of people on both sides of the aisle that didn't realize the difference.  Once you explain to them the process, most don't like it.  Of course, the ones who do are Democrats, but even not all of them are really in favor of it.

Maybe if he didnt have to mock the fact Trump voted absentee and gave the :facepalm: emoji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

 

Maybe if he didnt have to mock the fact Trump voted absentee and gave the :facepalm: emoji

Yeah.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with voting absentee.  I guess @MDC is trying to find an issue where none exists.  I mean, that's typical of leftists, but he claims he's not.  :dunno:  He keeps trying to manufacture issues with Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with voting absentee.  I guess @MDC is trying to find an issue where none exists.  I mean, that's typical of leftists, but he claims he's not.  :dunno:  He keeps trying to manufacture issues with Trump.

What’s the additional safeguard to absentee vs. mail-in? 

:dunno: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDC said:

What’s the additional safeguard to absentee vs. mail-in? 

:dunno: 

Wow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MDC said:

What’s the additional safeguard to absentee vs. mail-in? 

:dunno: 

Do you not see an issue with an absentee voter officially requesting, receiving, and returning a single ballot  V/S registrars simply mass mailing ballots to everyone one their voting rolls?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×